Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Turner Field

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCropp View Post
    You are on point.

Bartman didn't cost the Cubs the game, nor did the infield fly call.

But it's easier to blame someone not wearing you team's uniform for your team's failures than it is to blame your team.
    As I stated on every post I've made on the subject, the Braves blew it with poor defense and a complete lack of clutch hitting. Just like the Cardinals still had a 1-0 lead and three outs to go and a second chance in game 7 when Don Denkinger called Jorge Orta safe in game 6 the 1985 World Series.

But that still doesn't excuse Denkinger's mistake or the crews mistake last night in Atlanta.

BTW, are they suicidal tonight in the Classic City over my Gamecocks fileting of the Dawgs on the gridiron?

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Ballpark View Post
    Are you saying the ump made a bad call on Bartman? Strange comparison.

Signage is about what I recall it always being at the Ted
    No I was saying 2 calls that had very little affect in the entire outcome of the game, but caused the fans to get very angry about it either way. Then again if you watch catching hell they do talk about how the rule does say if a fan reaches over the wall into the field of play it should be fan interference and an out automatically, technically.

As for the stadium I like that they put this is braves country in place of ads, nice choice.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Ballpark View Post
    As I stated on every post I've made on the subject, the Braves blew it with poor defense and a complete lack of clutch hitting. Just like the Cardinals still had a 1-0 lead and three outs to go and a second chance in game 7 when Don Denkinger called Jorge Orta safe in game 6 the 1985 World Series.

But that still doesn't excuse Denkinger's mistake or the crews mistake last night in Atlanta.

BTW, are they suicidal tonight in the Classic City over my Gamecocks fileting of the Dawgs on the gridiron?
    Yeah. It's going to be a long October around here.

Question: is it true you can order an entire pizza pie delivered to your seat at Turner Field?
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Jeopardy!

Category: Major League Baseball Stadiums
    Final Jeopardy answer: This MLB team's current stadium was built for a 20th century Olympics.

2 out 3 contestants responded correctly. The third stated, the Dodgers, which of course is incorrect.

I love that Turner Field has blue seats, which is one of the Braves' colors as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Category: Major League Baseball Stadiums
    Final Jeopardy answer: This MLB team's current stadium was built for a 20th century Olympics.

2 out 3 contestants responded correctly. The third stated, the Dodgers, which of course is incorrect.

I love that Turner Field has blue seats, which is one of the Braves' colors as well!
    That is so cool that it was a real question!
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

I was sitting there watching and I said "Don't say 'the Expos'!"
    3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

“I’m honored to go into the Baseball Hall of Fame with such a great group of men.” - Tom Glavine.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Bravos View Post
    I was sitting there watching and I said "Don't say 'the Expos'!"
    Did they clarify current teams? If not expos would have worked and egg would have been on their face, if so then good job on clarifying!

Current Stadium

'This team's current stadium.' Was part of the clue.

'This team's current stadium.' Was part of the clue.
    lol sorry missed that part

I watched that episode the other day. I never watch Jeopardy either. Needless to say, I got the answer correct

^^^
    You got the question correct.

^^^
    LOL, touché

^^^
    LOL, touché

The local news just ran a small story about the Braves in negotiations with the City of Atlanta for a Marta lightrail line spur to Turner Field. There is currently no local stop for the light rail to the stadium and this is apparently on the Braves' wishlist before they will extend the lease on the Ted beyond 2016.

(It'll happen. The Braves aren't going anywhere.)

It's crazy to think that the Braves lease on the Ted (which they love) expires in 2016 but the Rays are struck at the Trop (which they hate) through 2027.

The local news just ran a small story about the Braves in negotiations with the City of Atlanta for a Marta lightrail line spur to Turner Field. There is currently no local stop for the light rail to the stadium and this is apparently on the Braves' wishlist before they will extend the lease on the Ted beyond 2016.
    that "wish" will cost between $2m-$4m per mile, that's the going rate these days.
    as the falcons have shown, it's nice to be able to turn extortion into a "wish".
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

When I was there I took the Marta from the underground mall and then walked a little it wasn't bad, but I don't know if I would want to do that multiple times a year.

It looks like the Braves' pursuit of a train to the Ted is unrelated to their lease renewal AND will be privately funded.

ATLANTA (AP) — The Atlanta Braves are studying the idea of creating a new train to take fans from downtown Atlanta to Turner Field.

The team is partnering with Marietta-based American Maglev Technologies. WSB-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1e7jKWF) that the plan calls for two magnetic levitation automated cars to move fans at speeds of up to 40 mph.

The train would start near the Georgia State University MARTA station, cross over Interstate 20 and end in the Turner Field parking lots. Officials said the system would likely link into the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority system, but be privately built, funded and maintained.

Atlanta Braves Vice President Mike Plant said he's been negotiating with the city on the team's stadium lease renewal. He said getting some sort of direct transit to Turner Field is a top priority.

...but be privately built, funded and maintained...
    intentionally vague, the nys parking lots were sold on this premise but taxpayers are footing the bill.

First A Default, Now An Audit For Yankee Stadium Bonds

http://blogs.barrons.com/incomeinves...stadium-bonds/

better watch out...
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

Holy cow, I have seen a few news sources reporting this but the Braves are supossed to annouce today that they are leaving turner at the end of their contract 2016 to move to the Burbs in Cobb County at right by the 75 285 interstates. I am shocked, I think its a great stadium with a good location, but I don't live there so I don't know how easy the stadium is to get to.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...or-2017-season

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    Holy cow, I have seen a few news sources reporting this but the Braves are supossed to annouce today that they are leaving turner at the end of their contract 2016 to move to the Burbs in Cobb County at right by the 75 285 interstates. I am shocked, I think its a great stadium with a good location, but I don't live there so I don't know how easy the stadium is to get to.

This is indeed true and ESPN just reported on it.

I am excited to see renderings of the new stadium to see what is so different than turner!

Man, sports team in Georgia are incredibly impatient when it comes to building new facilities. First the Georgia Dome and now this? Yet here in San Diego, the Chargers cannot even get any momentum whatsoever in replacing 46 year old Qualcomm Stadium? Unreal.

Its ok Tampa has an older baseball and football facility than both teams. Baseball is really bad though.

Friend of mine who used to live literally down the street from the Ted offered the following:

Startling, but doesn't completely surprise me. The braves fan base with the dough is located in northern Atlanta, and this would put the games much closer to them. Driving to games has always been horrible because you have to travel through downtown to get there, and mass transit is a pain in the a** because there is no direct train line. This could have been completely avoided if the city of Atlanta had connected turner field directly to their mass transit system, but they decided not to 20 years ago.
    I never thought that stadia have a 20-year life-span...

Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast