Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Turner Field

So is the thing with Georgia State still a done deal?

Also, I've now heard that the jumbotron from Turner Field will be reused at the Braves' new stadium (SunTrust Park). Any truth to this?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

I don't think it has ever been more than a proposal and, with two full years of baseball left in it, the proposal is still on the table.

Is anyone else going to the 7 Line tailgate at the Ted tomorrow?

Atlanta_rotator.jpg

ATL_tailgate.jpg

Last edited by JohnCropp; 06-23-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCropp View Post
    It's official: the Braves are leaving the Ted.
    Is it time for me to start rehearsing my "Fake Turner Field Fail" posts yet?
    X
    Here's the payoff pitch from Familia to Fowler, on the way... and it's IN THERE! Strike three called! The Mets win the pennant! The New York Mets have won the National League pennant! Put it in the books! The New York Mets for the first time in 15 years are champions of the National League!
    - Howie Rose calls the Mets winning the 2015 National League Championship Series - NYM at CHI, October 21, 2015, WOR Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Is it time for me to start rehearsing my "Fake Turner Field Fail" posts yet?
    Let 'em rip!

Blog Entries
    Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State and developer Carter
    https://twitter.com/ajc/status/679020219378114560

Blog Entries
    Do you think they will finally tear down the delta club box so they will finally be able to enjoy that great downtown view?
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    Do you think they will finally tear down the delta club box so they will finally be able to enjoy that great downtown view?
    It looks like they're keeping it.

Blog Entries
    well that sucks
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Minor trade considering baseball returns to the AFC field. Cool re-use.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
    Minor trade considering baseball returns to the AFC field. Cool re-use.
    Agreed. And the view of downtown from the ballpark will be outstanding.

Blog Entries
    Yeah that will be cool!

If you mean the view of downtown from the new GSU baseball field, it unfortunately looks like that will be blocked by (1) the very high concrete retaining wall that presently runs around the former AFCS outfield (see posts 15, 95 and 287) and (2) the diagrammed buildings that will be erected north of the field. The only way to overcome this will to be to raise the baseball field a good 50 feet above the AFCS former field and current parking lot level. I don't see that happening.
    As far as the view from the south grandstand of the football field, I share y'all's hopes that the REALLY ugly Delta club box will come down.

Seems to me that the left field seats can/should be salvaged as endzone seats. What they should do is cut in a bit around the first base dugout area so they can angle the football layout more perpendicular to the third base grandstand and those left field endzone seats.

Blog Entries
    I could see them getting rid of that

There's a Turner Field cameo in the Atlanta tattoo shop ad.

It's also pretty funny.

Turner Field is getting ready for 2016!

Circuit City.JPG

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213