Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Coors Field

Today is the "Ides of March" . . . Thursday is "St. Patricks Day" . . . and 17 days until opening day at Coors Field! Things are definetly looking up! Life begins anew!
    Some's basturds, some's ain't, thats the score.

Quote Originally Posted by marlins739 View Post
    Does anybody have a rendering of the place before from before they decided to add the extra seats?
    Yeah, this way other undersized stadiums (such as Citifield) can take some suggestions on how/where to add seats.
    Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
    Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerODell View Post
    Today is the "Ides of March" . . . Thursday is "St. Patricks Day" . . . and 17 days until opening day at Coors Field! Things are definetly looking up! Life begins anew!
    Digger,
    I’m having deja vu all over again.

I can't wait for opening day! Here is a view from my new season seats.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome view Sport . . . my old company used to have season tic's (for us low life employees) in section 331 I think it was. I've witnesses many games from this vantage point, you can't go wrong! I personally prefer a vantage point for fair territory but if you sit in foul territory, this is not a bad one!

Ha! Uncanny ain't it? I'll bet you a dollar to a donut something like this is said by me on this thread next March 15 ;-) It is definately the point where I begin to "feel it" . . . spring training is winding down and the chatter around town is "where I'll be sitting on opening day" . . . Most folks prefer Christmas as their favorite day in the year . . . but I assure you . . . "Opening Day in Baseball" is mine . . .

So Digger you mostly sit in seats that are in the outfield? Thats to far away for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sportfantic View Post
    So Digger you mostly sit in seats that are in the outfield? Thats to far away for me.
    Pretty much sport . . . I love seeing the game from a players perspective (fair play) and my eyes are still good and hair is still blue (baby, why don't ya love me like you used to do) . . . I'd say about 70% I sit in the RF area . . . but don't hear me wrong, when I snag some good ones and often I do . . . I'll sit whereas I can hear the ump and catcher speak nicities. My old motto . . . "any chair is a good chair long as your in the park" . . . smilin'

I was at the bookstore today looking at an article on ballparks (a lot of it covered Fenway's 100 year anniversary), and I was rather shocked to see that, with the opening of Marlins Park, Coors Field is now the third oldest ballpark in the National League (behind Wrigley Field and Dodger Stadium). How can that be? I used to take walks outside the place to watch construction, and I went to that fantastic 14-inning first Opening Day. I feel old now...
    Rockies fan living in Texas

As a Red Sox fan living in Denver, it has been fun taking in games at Coors Field over the last 10 years. Given the price of Rockpile seats, I've been pretty reluctant to get season tickets or tickets in any other section of the park. At $4 for me and $1 for each of my two boys, we can have a night out at the ballpark for ~$12-$15 with concessions. You couldn't even get one ticket for that price at Fenway!

In light of the Citi Field walls being moved closer to the infield, has there been any attempt to modify the dimensions of Coors Field to make the dimensions more pitcher friendly? I was listening to a Fangraphs podcast about Coors Field amplifying the BABIP of batters and think modifications to the dimensions could help lower visiting team BABIP.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielh41 View Post
    I was at the bookstore today looking at an article on ballparks (a lot of it covered Fenway's 100 year anniversary), and I was rather shocked to see that, with the opening of Marlins Park, Coors Field is now the third oldest ballpark in the National League (behind Wrigley Field and Dodger Stadium). How can that be? I used to take walks outside the place to watch construction, and I went to that fantastic 14-inning first Opening Day. I feel old now...
    Don't feel old, be honored that everyone else saw your sucess and tried to copy it shortly after!
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    In light of the Citi Field walls being moved closer to the infield, has there been any attempt to modify the dimensions of Coors Field to make the dimensions more pitcher friendly? I was listening to a Fangraphs podcast about Coors Field amplifying the BABIP of batters and think modifications to the dimensions could help lower visiting team BABIP.
    Years ago, before the humidor even, I remember hearing the Rockies considering SHORTENING the distance down the lines. This would let the left and rightfielders play further off the lines eliminate a lot of doubles/triples in the gaps.

That was a really long time ago though and it was never done.

Today is the "Ides of March" . . . Saturday is "St. Patricks Day" . . . and 25 days until opening day at Coors Field! Things are definetly looking up! Life begins anew!

Chip? Are you getting that deja vu feeling all over again? ha!

Today is the "Ides of March" . . . Saturday is "St. Patricks Day" . . . and 25 days until opening day at Coors Field! Things are definetly looking up! Life begins anew!

Chip? Are you getting that deja vu feeling all over again? ha!
    I am, especially since last year's Ides of March post is on the same page. Does it really take more than a year to fill up a page about Coors Field.

Digger, I did finally make it back to a game at Coors the past August (and got to see the Rockies score 15 runs in a win against Washington). It was the first time I had been back since Game 3 of the World Series in 2007.

This year, I'm taking my boys to Opening Day in Houston to see the Rockies and the Astros. Three weeks from tomorrow; I can't wait! I am so ready for baseball season...

To the Coors regulars: if you have a Rockpile ticket, are you restricted to that area, or can you roam the entire ballpark if you want?

Quote Originally Posted by StadiumPage View Post
    To the Coors regulars: if you have a Rockpile ticket, are you restricted to that area, or can you roam the entire ballpark if you want?
    No you are not Stadium, Yes you can move around within the entire stadium with any ticket. You can't sit in any section without a ticket to it, but you can move around freely on the concourses.

I am, especially since last year's Ides of March post is on the same page. Does it really take more than a year to fill up a page about Coors Field.

Digger, I did finally make it back to a game at Coors the past August (and got to see the Rockies score 15 runs in a win against Washington). It was the first time I had been back since Game 3 of the World Series in 2007.

This year, I'm taking my boys to Opening Day in Houston to see the Rockies and the Astros. Three weeks from tomorrow; I can't wait! I am so ready for baseball season...
    I think I was at that game with the Nats! Awesome Dan, wished I'd have known you were there . . .glad you made it to a game! Have fun at the Astros last OD as a NL team with the Rox . . . GO ROX! ha!

A suggestion to all you young dad's . . . and even younger granddad's . . . if you haven't already your own photo tradition once a year for your kiddo's . . . may i suggest something I've been doing with my 2 first grandsons since 2006, having a photo of them taken out front of Coors Field on Opening Day. In 2006 we didn't that "The Player" statue (yeah, they'll change it perhaps someday when we have some history, at almost 20 years old, not yet). Just a thought. Here are 2006-2008 photos.

2009 through 2012 . . . opening day with the boys. I take that back about "The Player" not being there in 2006, I either didn't think of using it that year or didn't think Ethan (the baby) would be balancing too good up on it ;-) We didn't begin "The Player" photos until 2007.

2009 through 2012 . . . opening day with the boys. I take that back about "The Player" not being there in 2006, I either didn't think of using it that year or didn't think Ethan (the baby) would be balancing too good up on it ;-) We didn't begin "The Player" photos until 2007.
    Digger, those pics are awesome. Living here in Fort Worth, I've been swept up in enthusiasm for the Rangers since they are doing so well. I wish the Rockies were doing better. We did go see the Rockies twice against the Rangers in Arlington (the two games that the Rangers won), and we are going to see the Rox play on our Chicago vacation at Wrigley Field on August 24.

Here's video I took of our trip to Game 3 of the 2007 World Series at Coors Field, the first World Series game ever held there...

Here's video I took of our trip to Game 3 of the 2007 World Series at Coors Field, the first World Series game ever held there...
    Glory Days! Cool reel.

I wonder how the Rockies would have fared had they played in a domed stadium with climate control and the humidor.

I was listening to a Fangraphs discussion about the Rockies. The ballpark and the climate messes with team construction like Wrigley Field as it is a high offensive environment with thinner air. The ballpark affects the offense much like the wind at Wrigley Field.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Coors is getting a new Clubhouse according to the Rockies twitter account: https://twitter.com/Rockies/status/2...653952/photo/1

Also renovations to the Coors Field Press Club: http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/vide...217611226-1027

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast