Thread: Rumblings from Vegas

Rumblings from Vegas

Casey Blake
    http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...t=.jsp&c_id=la
    I'm not a huge fan of the Dodgers resigning Blake, and certainly not so in light of the 3-year deal that he'll reportedly sign. I would have much rather the Dodgers waited to see if a 2B was available so DeWitt could've moved back to 3B. As another post pointed out, Loretta wouldn't be too shabby as the everyday 2B. If a 3-year deal was going to go out today, why not try to work a 3-year deal with Orlando Hudson to play 2B?

C.C. Sabathia
    http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...t=.jsp&c_id=la
    And this news in the Race for C.C. is encouraging, to say the least. I do wonder what a C.C. signing would do for the Dodgers' LF quest, but if Sabathia seems seriously interested in something longterm, then a LFer named Dunn, Ibanez, or Abreu may be out of the question. There is always Hinske, Cameron, Burrell, or Anderson.
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Looks like C.C. will be wearing Evil Empire pinstripes after all. Not that Ned's asking, but I vote we pursue Burnett at this point.
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

(As I continue to banter back and forth . . . with myself . . . )

Okay, so now I'm kinda ticked off. The Evil Empire is signing Sabathia for 7 years, $161 million, and they're also offering Burnett a 5-year deal? Not cool. I guess Little Steinbrenner is going to continue to field the best team money can buy . . .

So, if Burnett is also snapped up, then perhaps the Dodgers can pursue Oliver Perez. I do think the Mets will really try to resign him, but who knows what he'll do if other teams make his phone ring. As Torre has said, Schmidt can't be counted on at this time, and Stultz is not my idea of a quality SP.

Back to the drawing board I guess . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bhss89 View Post
    I do wonder what a C.C. signing would do for the Dodgers' LF quest, but if Sabathia seems seriously interested in something longterm, then a LFer named Dunn, Ibanez, or Abreu may be out of the question. There is always Hinske, Cameron, Burrell, or Anderson.
    I don't think the Dodgers are really looking for a LF. Jones or Pierre will be the LF if we can't resign Manny. If Furcal isn't resigned, it almost guarantees that Pierre will be the LF and lead off hitter.

3 years for Manny. The Dodgers are willing to pay top dollar for 3 years of Manny. 4 to 5 years is out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_Ayala View Post
    3 years for Manny. The Dodgers are willing to pay top dollar for 3 years of Manny. 4 to 5 years is out of the question.
    3 years tops....it would be better in my opinion if he could be signed for 2 with an option for the 3rd, but we know that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bhss89
    (As I continue to banter back and forth . . . with myself . . . )
    At least you were not agruing with yourself...
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Oh, arguing with myself - that happens sometimes too!

Okay, so at this point, Sabathia and Ibanez are out of the picture. It looks as if Burnett is soon to join the Empire as well, although I read that ATL is also in the mix. (The Phillies line-up, if not awesome before, is now just massive. IMO, Ibanez > Burrell).
    Peavy is now back out on the block, so maybe he's a possibility along with Oliver Perez? I would love to see the Dodgers grab Perez who I feel has yet to scratch the surface of his ability. Colletti has been quoted three days this week saying he's not going after a big name, but you'd think he'd at least be looking for a quality SP to round-out the rotation.