Thread: Furcal rumor true?

Furcal rumor true?

Read that Furcal will sign with Braves today (Tuesday). Is it true? If so, where will he play or who will be shuffled or traded. Free up people for Peavy? What do you think out there?

Furcal is coming to Atlanta pending a physical according to ESPN.com. He will play his shortstop position and this means that Escobar or Johnson is expendable and will be moved. Escobar was in the Peavy deal...so i guess this frees them up to do more things with that. But this deal brings some more power to the lineup which they really need

EDIT: According to CBS Sports they have a different plan: Furcal to 2B; Johnson to LF

Quote Originally Posted by thegame4219 View Post
    Furcal is coming to Atlanta pending a physical according to ESPN.com. He will play his shortstop position and this means that Escobar or Johnson is expendable and will be moved. Escobar was in the Peavy deal...so i guess this frees them up to do more things with that. But this deal brings some more power to the lineup which they really need

EDIT: According to CBS Sports they have a different plan: Furcal to 2B; Johnson to LF
    Well, the Braves have options to where they will position him on the field. I think that Escobar or KJ will probably be traded. They are still looking for a pitcher and one of those guys maybe apart of something to acquire one.
    My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Quote Originally Posted by thegame4219 View Post

i am actually okay with either decision. KJ would be an improvement from the production in LF last year. or getting a guy like greinke would be nice

I like Escobar more than KJ. But, if I were in charge I would try to keep all three and move KJ to LF and put Furcal at second. I would just hate to see Escobar go to another team and become a star.
    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Braves Freak View Post
    I like Escobar more than KJ. But, if I were in charge I would try to keep all three and move KJ to LF and put Furcal at second. I would just hate to see Escobar go to another team and become a star.
    I like Escobar but other then Heyward, Hanson or Freeman he is the best trading chip the Braves have and as much as I like Escobar I believe the other three have far higher ceilings, also it really depends on who the Braves got back in a possible trade someone like Greinke makes the loss more acceptable or the other possible pitchers that have been discussed.
    Extend Prado!!!

Well, if Escobar is the one who is moved I hoped Furcal can stay injury free and contribute to the team for 150+ games.

Well, if Escobar is the one who is moved I hoped Furcal can stay injury free and contribute to the team for 150+ games.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that, especially with a back problem.

According to the LA Times, Furcal's agent says a deal is NOT done, and that Furcal may still sign with the Dodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    According to the LA Times, Furcal's agent says a deal is NOT done, and that Furcal may still sign with the Dodgers.
    Seriously doubt that LA goes beyond what they have already offered, they didn't flinch when the A's reportedly offered 4 years and $40 Million doubt this reported deal will change anything.
    Extend Prado!!!

Furcal's agent told him to sleep on it, but a final decision should come out today.
    My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

According to mlbtraderumors.com he has reached an agreement with the dodgers.
    This is sort of bittersweet for me. on one hand I'd love to see Furcal back in a braves jersey but i didnt want the braves to give him the garaunteed 4th year that the Dodgers were seemingly willing to give.
    i would love to have a bonafied lead off hitter again though. I mean, considering the fact that we havent been to the playoffs since the only one weve had since left to Los Angeles.
    Also, Paul Kinzer looks as though he just used the Braves to pull the dodgers to garauntee that last year.

Schuerholz said the Braves won't deal with Wasserman Media Group agency ever again!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3781333

Schuerholz said the Braves won't deal with Wasserman Media Group agency ever again!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3781333
    i wonder what happens to peter moylan? Apparently they are his agents.