X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveJRogers
    • Jun 2008

Question about the notoriety of Baseball Almanac and Baseball Fever

Had this in Between Innings, doesn't look like anyone wants to answer, or even have that thread become a repository, ah well, anyway, the question I had stems from an argument I was having in the stadium thread. Now I know in recent months Baseball-Fever's stadium threads, specifically Shea, Citi and variations of Yankee Stadium have been getting linked to in other sites and such, but since part of my argument was based on website recognition, (the other poster shouldn't keep his movement on one outlet which I presumed was a small one) and I'm really just a newbie here on this forum, so just how big is Sean's place within the Baseball Internet Community?

In other words, do VIP within the media (all forms, print and electronic), teams and the headquarters of MLB lurk the forums? Has anyone actually tried to make contact on here, i.e. do we have a forum member named Gehrig38 (Curt Schilling) like they do on the Sons of Sam Horn message board or something like that around here?

Does Baseball Almanac get as much love from media outlets as Baseball-Reference.com does? I mean hosts on the local ESPN affiliate here in NY will often say that they are pulling up stats on B-R.com or they'd ask someone working behind the glass to look something up on B-R.com, so is BA.com just as big of a reference site in terms of recognition?

In any event, what are some of the more popular sites out there for baseball talk if not B-F.com? Or besides if this site truly is the most popular out there?

See this is where this thread becoming a repository comes in!

Speaking of the Baseball Internet Community, I wonder if anyone around here was part of the Listserv.Applease.com or whatever it was called empire that had about 20 or so mailing lists. I think the Cardinals, Yankees and general Baseball lists were the most popular, they are still around I do know that.
    NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
    Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
    Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias
  • Mattingly
    Yankee fan & proud of it!
    • Feb 2003

Steve,

We have no way of knowing if any of our forumers and/or lurkers here are members of the magazine, newspaper, TV, radio or online sports and baseball media. If someone wishes to identify themselves as such, they are certainly free to volunteer this information. However, the anonymity of the Internet almost guarantees you'll get few takers, if any.

I can't say what BBF's reputation or notoriety would be on the Internet. I'm sure that the espn.com board has many more forumers than this one. However, this site is independently run, so there are several rules which apply, which affect how people conduct themselves here.

What are you looking for from this baseball site? There are many aspects towards BBF, such as 19th Century, Negro Leagues, Fantasy, Trivia, active AL & NL team forums, Teams of Yesteryear and many others. I don't know what that reputation would possibly be, but if you are willing to explore the site, I trust you will find others here willing to engage in a lively, well-informed and meaningful baseball discussion with you on many topics.

Enjoy.

-Brad
    Last edited by Mattingly; 12-24-2008, 05:20 AM. Reason: Correcting spelling errors
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X