57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 63.16%
  • No

21 36.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you hate Joe Buck?

Do you hate Joe Buck?

Not to mention him and Tim McCarver hate the Yankees. They are both boring announcers. Sometimes I find myself watching the game and theres a 10 second pause.You even try watching a game on FOX? They suck and annoy me to no end by talking about any game other than the one that is happening in front of them. Idk am I crazy?

I'm not a fan of Buck simply because he seems to have no idea what baseball is.

He has, on more than one occasion, not realized that a batter can run on a third strike in the dirt. I remember him once going on a rant about how the home plate umpire called it a fair ball and complained about the other umpires not conferring on the matter. Ugh.

its not that i hate him...i just hate the way him and mccarver rip on the yankees....i remember one time i was watching a game. (i'm not sure if it was them or joe morgan on espn, but i group the three of them together) and in the top of the inning a runner on the yankees tried to score from second on a single, and was called saft at home, and they said "that's a dumb play if you ask me. If he gets thrown out there the game is completly different." Then later on in the game with the game tied again a player on the other team does the same thing, but gets thrown out. He procedes to say "Thats a nice move by the base runner, you have to be agressive to win the game." I was watching and my jaw just dropped. i got to my dad "Did you just f***ing hear that? its the same exact situation as the yankees were in before. i was soo pissed...to this day i refuse to listen to the nationally televised games, i turn on the radio (which is almost as bad) and turn off the sound on the tv. i'd rather deal witht he delay.

It seems like they give him the New York games when he hates New York. He does most all the Yankee red sox games and some Giant games. I cant stand the guy and he rambles on about bullcrap.

Buck annoys me too, always had. Me and my uncle, who is a Mets fan, were watching a game and I made a comment on Buck and he agreed with me that the man is an idiot. He doesn't know anything about baseball. All announcers not affiliated with the Yankees have an anti Yankee spin to their broadcasting. It's just part of the game now a days.
    The 27 Time World Series Champions New York Yankees!

I dont hate Buck, but I do hear a hint of anti NY in his announcing.

With that said.... anytime you get a non local announcer it will sound "anti" because most local announcers have a slanted hometown edge.

I rather listen to Buck announce a Yankee game than listen to 5 minutes of that complete idiot, and I mean absolute COMPLETE idiot Michael Kay. Michael Kay is a complete embarassment to announcing and the Yankees.

Who cares?

Not sure what hating Joe Buck has to do with the Yankees, but whatever.

I enjoy his play by play. He isn't dumb, understands the game, and has a good voice and demeanor for the job. I haven't found him to be overtly biased against the Yanks either, so no complaints from me.

Joe Buck has made the following errors in games that I have watched in the past couple of years:

1. Stating that a third strike in the dirt on which the batter ran was the umpire believing contact was made and calling the "batted ball" a fair ball. Despite his partner's insistence about the actual rule, Buck slammed the umpires for not conferring on what should have been strike three and the end of the inning.
    2. Claiming that infield-fly rule cannot be enacted with runners on base.
    3. Claiming that no batter with over 2000 hits has been left out of the Hall of Fame. His broadcast partner corrected him, asking if he meant 3000, and Buck insisted it was 2000.
    4. Stating the Black Sox scandal involved the Boston Red Sox, and that it was that, and not the Curse of the Bambino, that kept them from winning a World Series for nearly ninety years.

Buck is okay, nothing special. And he certainly isn't worse than the average Yankee broadcaster. Seriously, the Yankees are the premier franchise in the sport and their broadcast crews are strictly mediocre.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

I'm sorry, Michael Kay might not be the best broadcaster in the world but he certainly isn't the worst. Maybe it comes from listening to him for so long, but I think the Yankee announcers have done a fairly good job. I like Ken Singleton, John Flaherty, and Paul O'neill. Jim Kaat was good before he retired and Murcer God rest his soul will certainly be missed behind the mic. Al Leiter also did a fairly decent job while up there. I think the Yankees have had some pretty good announcers.
    The 27 Time World Series Champions New York Yankees!

I neither hate Joe Buck or have any great love him. I don't particularly care for the Fox broadcast teams in general as it's constant chatter. You can have silent pauses every now and then.
    Case in point Vin Scully with Kirk Gibson's game winning World Series home run. I can just imagine this event on Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundin' third View Post
    I neither hate Joe Buck or have any great love him. I don't particularly care for the Fox broadcast teams in general as it's constant chatter. You can have silent pauses every now and then.
    Case in point Vin Scully with Kirk Gibson's game winning World Series home run. I can just imagine this event on Fox.
    If Joe Buck had called Gibson's HR, it probably would have went something like this...
    Gibson gets into one...... Track. Wall. Gone! And the Dodgers win it! As Gibby hobbles around the bases, let me remind you that Malcolm in the Middle is coming up next, followed by an all new Family Guy. If you live on the West coast, stay tuned for your local news. Goodnight from Chavez Ravine.

^Hahaha, post of the day.

That's my only real problem with Buck. The most exciting thing to ever happen in baseball could be going on and Buck wouldn't raise his intensity or excitement one bit. That's incredibly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ipitch View Post
    If Joe Buck had called Gibson's HR, it probably would have went something like this...
    Gibson gets into one...... Track. Wall. Gone! And the Dodgers win it! As Gibby hobbles around the bases, let me remind you that Malcolm in the Middle is coming up next, followed by an all new Family Guy. If you live on the West coast, stay tuned for your local news. Goodnight from Chavez Ravine.
    haha I'm about to lose it in class man, that's pretty much how I feel about Joe Buck. I can't say I "hate" the guy, that's an awful way to describe how I feel about him ... he hasn't really wronged me. I'd just rather listen to the game on mute.

McCarver is also awful. His metaphors are unbelievably terrible. Once he said,

"Base stealing is the ebola virus of major league baseball!"

I was stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan90 View Post
    I'm sorry, Michael Kay might not be the best broadcaster in the world but he certainly isn't the worst. Maybe it comes from listening to him for so long, but I think the Yankee announcers have done a fairly good job. I like Ken Singleton, John Flaherty, and Paul O'neill. Jim Kaat was good before he retired and Murcer God rest his soul will certainly be missed behind the mic. Al Leiter also did a fairly decent job while up there. I think the Yankees have had some pretty good announcers.
    I like the Yankee broadcasters overall. They are pretty insightful...the ex-players are anyway. Michael Kay in my opinion is the worst I ever heard...so lopsided without any knowledge. To listen to him get all wet in his draws over Derek Jeter just kills me at this point. He hears things that his partners in booth say and he beats them to death like it was his doing.

He announces the game with a National Enquirer tone looking for an angle, and he does this without any baseball knowledge.

I remember watching the Super Bowl last year when Tyree made that miraculous catch after Eli miraculously escaped from the pocket. My friends and I were in such an uproar that we didn't notice Joe Buck's call of the play. When watching it on youtube, I just had to laugh at Buck's emotionless call of that play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sub4YQhjeaM

Joe Morgan also hates the Yankees along with fatso what's his name his partener

ya, poor Yankees...everyone hates them. give me a break

Quote Originally Posted by Paul O'Neill is a god View Post
    I remember watching the Super Bowl last year when Tyree made that miraculous catch after Eli miraculously escaped from the pocket. My friends and I were in such an uproar that we didn't notice Joe Buck's call of the play. When watching it on youtube, I just had to laugh at Buck's emotionless call of that play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sub4YQhjeaM
    Yeah that was one of the best catches of all time and he probably muted his mic and cursed cause he hates new york.

I dislike Joe Buck.

I don't know him well enough (at all) to hate him. I reserve that for some real special people in my life.
    The Cuervo Gold, the fine Columbian, make tonight a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulypal View Post
    I like the Yankee broadcasters overall. They are pretty insightful...the ex-players are anyway.
    One prominent blowhard and his quacking female sidekick are conspicuous by their absence in this discussion.

Suzy Q

You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff that the quacking female sidekick has in the HOF in Cooperstown. First this.....First that. PLEASE!!
    Whitey Ashburn's free plug on radio when he was hungry...." Happy birthday to the Celebrese twins....Plain and Pepperoni. "

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff that the quacking female sidekick has in the HOF in Cooperstown. First this.....First that. PLEASE!!
    The two on the radio never really bothered me too much. I always looked at them as sort of comical anyway, and not serious baseball people. Then the day Roger Clemens was in Yankee Stadium to announce he was coming back......Suzanne Waldmans reaction was priceless.....I can still hear her "goodness gracious" ringing in my ears. How can you take her serious?

I find Tim McCarver more annoying!!!!!
    Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast