• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDL
    Who the hell is Stan Papi
    • Sep 2006

One way to squeeze more $$$$ from fans

Charge for autographs at FanFest. The economy as a whole is going into the tank, attendance in this city of front-runners is going to be down again and now they want to hit you up for more $$$?

Smart move...season ticket holders are exempt from this extortion.

Will they charge $10 for Buck Martinez to sign as well? Are the MLB Alumni going to also charge???
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!
  • raysnbran
    Clubhouse Lawyer
    • Jan 2005

A $10 donation to the Rays Baseball Foundation will allow fans the opportunity to get autographs from Rays players and coaches throughout the day. Autographs for kids 14 and under and season ticket holders are free with a wristband. Season ticket holders will also have the opportunity to have their photograph taken with a Rays player

A $10 donation to get as many autographs as you want is a bargain. And if you bring a kid under 14, you can send your kid on line and get it for free.

Attendance is going to be down?? Their season ticket base was so low in 2008 (due to a decade of ineptitude) that they've managed to double their season ticket holders this offseason. They've moved their spring training to Port Charlotte and have sold out all the games already.
    Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

• SDL
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by raysnbran View Post
      A $10 donation to the Rays Baseball Foundation will allow fans the opportunity to get autographs from Rays players and coaches throughout the day. Autographs for kids 14 and under and season ticket holders are free with a wristband. Season ticket holders will also have the opportunity to have their photograph taken with a Rays player

A $10 donation to get as many autographs as you want is a bargain. And if you bring a kid under 14, you can send your kid on line and get it for free.

Attendance is going to be down?? Their season ticket base was so low in 2008 (due to a decade of ineptitude) that they've managed to double their season ticket holders this offseason. They've moved their spring training to Port Charlotte and have sold out all the games already.

Stick to the Red Sox board where the posters there actually think you know what you're talking about

I figure by next yeat they'll add a $10 "donation" just to walk in the door.

Will it be like last year when half the people trying to get a certain player get shut out?

Comment

• SDL
        • Sep 2006

You mean as many autographs as you CAN. Poorly organized. Many people felt the same way. For example, I wanted to get Bradford & Nelson..but was stuck behind people waiting fior Balfour & Joyce and we couldn't move ahead

The MLB Alumni had a desk...I would have loved to have gotten stuff signed..had the Rays POSTED the info on the site a few days beforehand. Guess that would've MADE SENSE.

Poorly run this year.

Comment

• raysnbran
          Clubhouse Lawyer
          • Jan 2005

The Phillies Phan Phest is charging $15 for fans to get a photo taken with the World Series trophy and is also charging their fans "a small donation to Clearwater Charities" for photos and autographs...have you trolled the Phillies board yet with this information?
          Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

• SDL
            • Sep 2006

The Phillies Phan Phest is charging $15 for fans to get a photo taken with the World Series trophy and is also charging their fans "a small donation to Clearwater Charities" for photos and autographs...have you trolled the Phillies board yet with this information?

Have you been to the Phan Phest at Brught House? It's a hell of a lot more organized than yesterday;s fiasco. I doubt you get shut out after paying money.

Try telling a kid who was in line to get either Crawford & Pena "too bad, kid, that's life." Heard some usher said that to a kid yesterday.

Were YOU there yesterday?

Comment

• raysnbran
              Clubhouse Lawyer
              • Jan 2005

No I was not there. I had planned to but was called into work.

From all accounts, there was a record crowd there, and like a lot of recent events at the Trop, they were not prepared and it was disorganized. It's another learning experience, but I agree with you, if you paid your money to get an autograph and got shut out, they should have compensated you somehow.

Comment

• SDL
                • Sep 2006

No I was not there. I had planned to but was called into work.

From all accounts, there was a record crowd there, and like a lot of recent events at the Trop, they were not prepared and it was disorganized. It's another learning experience, but I agree with you, if you paid your money to get an autograph and got shut out, they should have compensated you somehow.

What also ticked me off was the non-mention of who the MLB Alumni were going to be. No mention anywhere if there even was going to BE a Alumni table there. Last year they let you know ahead of time who was going to be there; this time they didn't. They didn't charge and I could have gotten stuff signed while my wife held my place in Wristband City.

Comment

• zengator
                  The New Beast of the East
                  • Jul 2007

If St. Pete would pass the Bitter & Unhappy Northern Transplant Tax (BUNT), the Rays' new stadium would be paid for in no time.

Comment

• SDL
                    • Sep 2006

I see that once again there is no mention who will appear at FanFest on Saturday and the price has been doubled; $20 to get Rays sigs this year. Wonder how many more kids will be shut out this year?

Is there something wrong in wanting to find out a few days ahead of time who will at least be at the MLB Alumni tables?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X