Thread: Inexpensive parking places?

Inexpensive parking places?

Got my ticket for June 1st, Section 5, Row B, Seat 1 (bringing game-used batting gloves to get signed). I'm finally checking out PNC (and it's not like I'm far away, only about two hours). If anyone can pass along any inexpensive places to park it would be appreciated.
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

I normally park on the South Side of Pittsburgh and make the hike or boat ride over. For Steeler games though I park in this garage coming up to the Clemente Bridge from town on the left. I don't know the exact rate as of right now because our parking rates in the city are ever changing, but this garage is one of the cheapest around and it's just a hop, skip and a jump away from PNC Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Buczilla View Post
    I normally park on the South Side of Pittsburgh and make the hike or boat ride over. For Steeler games though I park in this garage coming up to the Clemente Bridge from town on the left. I don't know the exact rate as of right now because our parking rates in the city are ever changing, but this garage is one of the cheapest around and it's just a hop, skip and a jump away from PNC Park.
    Thank you kind sir. And is Pittsburgh like Cleveland, if you are fortunate to find a parking meter, all you have to do (weekdays) is feed the meter through 6 PM?
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

You're welcome...

Yep, just like Cleveland. Meter Lots are 24/7 pay though.
    Last edited by Buczilla; 02-27-2009 at 08:16 AM.

It has been 5 dollars for the past couple of years, but make sure if you use it, pack as close to street level, because it can be a pain in the ass to get out of if you park up high
    Pirates Fan Forever!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steveironcity View Post
    It has been 5 dollars for the past couple of years, but make sure if you use it, pack as close to street level, because it can be a pain in the ass to get out of if you park up high
    Thanks. I should be able to park close to street level, since I'll probably be there at least two hours before the game starts

Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    Thank you kind sir. And is Pittsburgh like Cleveland, if you are fortunate to find a parking meter, all you have to do (weekdays) is feed the meter through 6 PM?
    You can....on the northside by the CCAC (community college of Allegheny County) campus. Downtown meters are like that on weekends, but most metered parking downtown is "off limits" between 4 pm and 6 pm. I usually get to those spaces at 5:58 The lot Buczilla mentioned is pretty good too, but it can fill up fast. Last season that garage was $5. No word on if that would change this season.
    LETS GO BUCS!!

Whatever you do, don't park on the Southside and take the boat, unless you want to waste a lot of time. I think your game is on a Monday night. There is a multilevel parking garage on General Robinson St. on the Northside, between the Clemente Bridge (old 6th St Bridge) and the 7 th St. Bridge. This garage is 1 block from PNC. just try to park on one of the lower levels so you don't get stuck too badly in post-game traffic.

My favorite spot is 3 block s from the park, also on the Northside. Cross the 9th St Bridge- immediately at the end of the bridge turn left onto Isabella, right next to the Alcoa Corporate Center. After 100 feet, turn right into an outdoor parking lot.

Probably charge $10 to park, but it is literally a 3 block walk down Isabella to PNC. And, no hassle when you leave the parking lot, since it's all on one level.

Enjoy PNC- it's really a great place to watch a game, though the Bucs have been struggling for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRon View Post
    Whatever you do, don't park on the Southside and take the boat, unless you want to waste a lot of time.
    Yeah I wouldn't recommend taking the boat over. The only time I do it is when I take my son and nephews to games. The little buggers get a kick out of it. I have been hiking to games from the South Side to the North Side since I was a kid(grew up down there). It's just something that has stuck with me and my friends who still live down there.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatEmBucs View Post
    You can....on the northside by the CCAC (community college of Allegheny County) campus. Downtown meters are like that on weekends, but most metered parking downtown is "off limits" between 4 pm and 6 pm. I usually get to those spaces at 5:58 The lot Buczilla mentioned is pretty good too, but it can fill up fast.
    I like to be in line well before 6 so meters won't work but that lot filling up shouldn't be a problem

Of course the OTHER thing I forgot to ask is which side is the tarp stored on. I hope it's on the THIRD base side

Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    Of course the OTHER thing I forgot to ask is which side is the tarp stored on. I hope it's on the THIRD base side
    It is stored on the 3rd base side.

It is stored on the 3rd base side.
    Woo hoo, then the dumb thing won't knock away any souvenirs that come my way

DUDE, that was the BEST tip EVER! Still five buccos, I might not have noticed it but for that picture you included. Closer to the highway to get back, away from downtown. I don't mind walking because then you don't have to worry about one ways or lanes that end etc.

Thanks, I'll be using it again on June 17th

Far away can be relative. I drive up from Morgantown for games, and I've long since had enough of trying to get to and through the Fort Pitt Tunnel. And after getting stuck way out in the boonies on more than one occasion on Opening Day, I for one welcome my new boat overlords. By the time I got back to my car and we were on the road, traffic had cleared enough that it was smooth sailing to the West End Bridge and around to the parkway and on home.

On a whim I tried the option of parking at South Hills Village and taking the train into downtown. Not really a mistake, but it was about as long a trip as if I just drove all the way into downtown instead (I got off 79 @ Washington and took 19 to the mall).

So if it's a big crowd or the game's gonna end close to the evening rush, I'm gonna likely take the boat, but that's just grumpy old me.

Looks like I'll be using this again, hopefully Friday