Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diamondbacks signings and transactions

Diamondbacks sign Carlos Corporan, TJ Beam and Drew Macias

The Diamondbacks have signed catcher Carlos Corporan, another defense-first backstop, to a minor league contract. He likely will be the No. 2 catcher in Reno behind John Hester.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/NickPiecoro/68830

Arizona P T.J. Beam - Signed to a Minor League Contract
    Arizona RF Drew Macias - Signed to a Minor League Contract
    Check out my stuff for sale on eBay! Autos of Heyward, Castro, Zimmermann, Brantley, Quentin, Borbon, Britton, Burgess, Weathers, Lotzkar & Main! Jersey cards of Fielder & Machado! 50 card lots of the Yankees, Red Sox, Braves, Dodgers, Cardinals and Tigers - starting bid only $0.50, each book for $30+! Plus a guide on how to get autographs...for free!

My website...
    My other website...
    My other, other website...

Blockbuster 3-team trade

* The Yankees receive center fielder Curtis Granderson, who turns 29 in March. Granderson is owed $5.5MM in 2010, $8.25MM in '11, and $10MM in '12, with a $13MM club option/$2MM buyout for '13. That's $25.75MM guaranteed over the next three years. Melky Cabrera could now be expendable for the Yankees, and the Cubs are one possible suitor.
    * The Diamondbacks receive a pair of starting pitchers: Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy. Jackson, 26, is under team control for '10 and '11 and is owed an arbitration raise on this year's $2.2MM salary. Kennedy, 25 this month, missed most of the '09 season due to surgery to remove an aneurysm near his shoulder. As far as I can tell he is under team control for another six seasons. This is the second year in a row Jackson has been traded at the Winter Meetings.
    * The Tigers receive four players: starter Max Scherzer, relievers Daniel Schlereth and Phil Coke, and center fielder Austin Jackson. The Tigers get five years of Scherzer, six of Schlereth, five of Coke, and six of Jackson, potentially 22 years of control in total. Scherzer, 25, and Jackson, 23 in February, are probably considered the prizes of the haul.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/pagethree.html
    Check out my stuff for sale on eBay! Autos of Heyward, Castro, Zimmermann, Brantley, Quentin, Borbon, Britton, Burgess, Weathers, Lotzkar & Main! Jersey cards of Fielder & Machado! 50 card lots of the Yankees, Red Sox, Braves, Dodgers, Cardinals and Tigers - starting bid only $0.50, each book for $30+! Plus a guide on how to get autographs...for free!

My website...
    My other website...

Might get a chance to see Kennedy and Jackson play here in Reno

Diamondbacks take Zack Kroenke in Rule 5 Draft; lose Hector Ambriz

Diamondbacks: Zack Kroenke, LHP, from Yankees: A University of Nebraska product (fifth round 2005), Kreonke posted a 1.99 ERA with a 55/30 K/BB in 72 innings for Triple-A Scranton this year. The 25-year old has an 88-92 MPH fastball with movement, and he could end up being an astute pick as a bullpen asset if his command sharpens a bit more.
    Indians: Hector Ambriz, RHP, from Diamondbacks: Ambriz is 25 years old, a fifth rounder out of UCLA in 2006. He was mediocre as a starter for Triple-A Reno this year, with a 5.57 ERA and a 103/40 K/BB in 128 innings with 164 hits allowed. He does get his fastball past 90 MPH and has a good splitter, and I could see him being a decent relief arm with spot starter potential.
    http://www.minorleagueball.com/2009/...ft-impressions

My website...
    My other website...

D-Backs sign Blaine Boyer

PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks signed right-handed relief pitcher Blaine Boyer to a one-year contract.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Boyer was arbitration eligible.

Boyer, 28, went 0-2 with a 4.12 ERA in 48 relief outings with three different clubs in 2009 - the Atlanta Braves, St. Louis Cardinals, and Diamondbacks. He held opponents to a .265 batting average, walked 20 and had 29 strikeouts.

In 30 games with the Diamondbacks he went 0-1 with a 2.68 ERA in 37 innings pitched.

Boyer has been in the Major Leagues in parts of five seasons - all with the Braves until joining the Cardinals and then Diamondbacks last season. His overall record is 6-10 with a save and 4.76 ERA. He has recorded 132 strikeouts and 64 walks over his career.

http://ktar.com/?sid=1241973&nid=184

My website...
    My other website...

I watched Hector Ambriz pitch here in Reno last season I hope he gets a shot

D-Backs non-tender Whitesell

PHOENIX -- The D-backs declined to tender a contract to first baseman Josh Whitesell on Saturday, making him a free agent.

In addition, the team announced it had tendered contracts to all six of its arbitration-eligible players, including Stephen Drew, Conor Jackson, Edwin Jackson, Miguel Montero, Chad Qualls and Aaron Heilman.

Two other players who were eligible for salary arbitration, infielder Augie Ojeda and pitcher Blaine Boyer, were signed to one-year deals Friday.

Whitesell, 27, was unable to replicate the success he had in Triple-A with the D-backs. In parts of two seasons with Arizona, he hit just .200 with two homers and 15 RBIs.

All unsigned players, not just those eligible for salary arbitration as is commonly misinterpreted, had to be tendered contracts by 9:59 p.m. MT.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

My website...
    My other website...

I have a Josh Whitesell bobble head from the RENO ACES I wish him well where ever he ends up

Diamondbacks sign Rodrigo Lopez

PHOENIX -- The D-backs signed right-hander Rodrigo Lopez to a Minor League contract on Wednesday and invited the veteran to Spring Training.

Lopez has spent parts of eight seasons in the big leagues with the Padres, Orioles, Rockies and Phillies and has a career record of 68-66 with a 4.82 ERA in 194 games, including 166 starts.

Last season, Lopez appeared in seven games (five starts) for the NL champion Phillies and was 3-1 with a 5.70 ERA.

Lopez's best seasons came in 2004-05 when he was 14-9 and then 15-12 for the Orioles.

Lopez joins right-hander T.J. Beam, outfielder Drew Macias and catcher Carlos Corporan as Spring Training invitees.

My website...
    My other website...

My website...
    My other website...

D-Backs sign Jeff Bailey

Jeff Bailey, who spent the last six years in the Red Sox organization, signed a minor-league contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks,according to MLB.com’s Steve Gilbert ( via Twitter). Bailey, 31, had spent most of the past five years in Triple A Pawtucket, and was named 2008 International League Player of the Year when he hit .301 with a .405 OBP, .562 slugging and .967 OPS while clubbing 25 homers.

Bailey played in 56 games in the majors for the Sox, hitting .228/.340/.434/.773 with six homers as a first baseman and outfielder. Bailey had been a catcher in his early career, but throwing issues sabotaged his work there, and he stopped catching during the 2005 season. Sox manager Terry Francona would often lament Bailey’s inability to stay behind the plate, since his bat likely would have ensured a sustained big-league career at that position, at least as a backup.

Now, Bailey will try to forge a big-league spot with the Diamondbacks, who, according to Gilbert, have offered him an invitation to major-league camp.
    http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/bos...-with-arizona/

My website...
    My other website...

D-Backs sign Bob Howry

PHOENIX (AP) — The Arizona Diamondbacks have signed reliever Bob Howry to a one-year contract with a club option for 2011.

Terms weren't disclosed.

The 36-year-old right-hander was 2-6 with a 3.39 ERA in 63 appearances with the San Francisco Giants last season. Right-handed batters hit just .207 against him.

Howry has a 44-49 career record in parts of 12 seasons with the Chicago White Sox, Boston, Cleveland, Chicago Cubs and San Francisco.

Howry grew up in the Phoenix area and attended Deer Valley High School in Glendale.
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...39727114_x.htm

My website...
    My other website...

Diamondbacks sign Kelly Johnson

Free agent second baseman Kelly Johnson signed with the Diamondbacks on Wednesday giving Arizona a much needed left-handed bat for their lineup. Johnson joins keystone partner Stephen Drew and catcher Miguel Montero as the only sure every-day lefty hitters in the lineup.
    http://www.examiner.com/x-20696-Ariz...ing-of-Johnson

My website...
    My other website...

The Diamondbacks have released minor league righthander Tony Barnette so he can pursue opportunities in Japan,...
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/pagefour.html

My website...
    My other website...

I'd also like to report that after this offseason, I am retiring from reporting the daily team by team transactions (and the Baseball Fever community breathes a collective sigh of relief). It takes far too long to do.

My website...
    My other website...

Diamondbacks DFA Eric Byrnes, avoid arb with Montero and Jackson, sign LaRoche

Arizona Republic - The Diamondbacks cut ties with Eric Byrnes on Friday to make room for free-agent acquisition Adam LaRoche.

Byrnes has been a major disappointment since his three-year, $30 million extension kicked in at the start of the 2008 season.

Arizona designated Byrnes for assignment. They are still responsible for his $11 million salary in 2010 and have 10 days to either trade him or release him.
    http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wi...s_with_byrnes/

The Arizona Diamondbacks agreed to terms with Miguel Montero on a one-year contract reportedly worth $2 million on Friday, avoiding arbitration with the catcher.

The 26-year-old set several career highs last season with a .294 batting average, 16 home runs and 59 RBIs in 128 games. The left-handed hitter also established career highs with 61 runs scored, 125 hits, 30 doubles, 38 walks, a .355 on-base percentage and a .478 slugging percentage.

First baseman Adam LaRoche and the Arizona Diamondbacks finalized a 1-year contract yesterday that guarantees him $6 million.

LaRoche gets $4.5 million this year, and the deal includes a $7.5 million mutual option for 2011 with a $1.5 million buyout.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/sports/81849867.html
    Last edited by Cowtipper; 01-16-2010 at 02:04 PM.

My website...
    My other website...

D-Backs avoid arb with Heilman, Qualls

PHOENIX -- The D-backs avoided arbitration with a pair of players by signing relievers Chad Qualls and Aaron Heilman to one-year deals Monday.

The signings leave the D-backs with just two unsigned arbitration-eligible players -- pitcher Edwin Jackson and shortstop Stephen Drew -- both of whom are represented by agent Scott Boras.

My website...
    My other website...

D-Backs avoid arb with Drew; release Byrnes

PHOENIX -- The D-backs agreed to terms with shortstop Stephen Drew on a one-year contract worth $3.4 million.

Drew, who hit .261 with 29 doubles, 12 triples, 12 homers and 65 RBIs last season, was eligible for salary arbitration.
    The D-Backs officially released Byrnes on Wednesday, Steve Gilbert of MLB.com reports.
    http://www.rotowire.com/Eric-Byrnes-...0286-spmlb.htm

Signed: 1B Jeff Bailey, SS Ed Rogers (re-signed)
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=7437
    Last edited by Cowtipper; 01-20-2010 at 04:56 PM.

My website...
    My other website...

Signed: SS Jake Wald
    Released: RHP Tony Barnette
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...7444#more-7444

My website...
    My other website...

RHP Bryan Shaw assigned to Arizona Diamondbacks.
    C Konrad Schmidt assigned to Arizona Diamondbacks.
    LHP Tom Layne assigned to Arizona Diamondbacks.
    SS Mark Hallberg assigned to Arizona Diamondbacks.
    RHP Josh Ellis assigned to Arizona Diamondbacks.
    RF Collin Cowgill assigned to Arizona Diamondbacks.
    RHP Wes Roemer assigned to Arizona Diamondbacks.
    CF Evan Frey assigned to Arizona Diamondbacks.
    C Sean Coughlin assigned to Arizona Diamondbacks.
    RHP Barry Enright assigned to Arizona Diamondbacks.
    RHP Kyler Newby assigned to Arizona Diamondbacks.
    RHP Matt Torra assigned to Arizona Diamondbacks.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/#month=2&year=2010

My website...
    My other website...

The Diamondbacks signed Doug Deeds.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...7493#more-7493

My website...
    My other website...

D-Backs, Jackson avoid arb

Phoenix, AZ, United States (AHN) - The Arizona Diamondbacks and recently acquired right-hander Edwin Jackson agreed to a two-year deal Sunday, avoiding an arbitration hearing.

According to reports, Jackson, acquired by the Diamondbacks from Detroit as part of a three-team deal in December, will earn about $13.35 million over the two years.
    Read more: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/artic...#ixzz0fephqQIY

My website...
    My other website...

The Diamondbacks released prospect Manuel Ferrer.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...7532#more-7532

My website...
    My other website...

Upton signs six year contract

Outfielder Justin Upton signed a six-year, $51.25 million contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday, the second-largest deal in franchise history.
    Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz0hNBUt82H

My website...
    My other website...

Diamondbacks sign Kris Benson, Mark Reynolds

Mar 15, 2010 - Kris Benson, the 35 year old once-hyped righty who came up with the Pirates, has signed on with Arizona, according to Ken Rosenthal. It's a minor league contract, but unlike most minor league contracts given to veteran players, this one doesn't have any out clauses should Benson fail to make the team.
    http://www.sbnation.com/2010/3/15/13...dbacks-arizona

The Arizona Diamondbacks have reached agreement on a contract extension with third baseman Mark Reynolds, SI.com has confirmed. The language on the contract is still being worked out, but it will pay Reynolds $14.5 million through 2012. He had already had his 2010 contract renewed for $500,000.
    Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0iHY5MX6f

They also cut some players from their big league roster:

TUCSON -- The Diamondback optioned four players and reassigned eight others to minor league camps Monday.

Arizona had 46 players in the Major League camp 23 pitchers, 11 infielders, seven outfielders and five catchers.

Arizona optioned infielder Pedro Ciriaco and pitchers Leyson Septimo, Daniel Stange and Cesar Valdez to minor league camp.

The team reassigned pitchers Tom Layne, Kyler Newby, Wes Roemer, Bryan Shaw and Matt Torra, catcher Konrad Schmidt, infielder Mark Hallberg and outfielder Collin Cowgill to minor league camp.
    http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/page...84&feedID=3702
    Last edited by Cowtipper; 03-15-2010 at 03:38 PM.

My website...
    My other website...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12