Page 67 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3833

Thread: 2013 World Baseball Classic

Quote Originally Posted by wbcno1fan View Post
    Can you guys tell us about it,i m also having trouble with that link;thank you.
    I'd slow down....this is a short confusing blurb taking from a Taipei Baseball Fan Group site. There is nothing official about this announcement. It is still speculation, and really only speculating on what we thought all along, a November qualifier in Taiwan with those four countries. I don't think this means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Unit312J View Post
    I'd slow down....this is a short confusing blurb taking from a Taipei Baseball Fan Group site. There is nothing official about this announcement. It is still speculation, and really only speculating on what we thought all along, a November qualifier in Taiwan with those four countries. I don't think this means anything.
    I spoke with my New Zealand people and they have heard nothing. He's not surprised with the location or grouping but said he was told at the Winter Meetings it would September and was surprised to see the November dates. As I said be skeptical of the info in that article.

Did you even check what the article says? It's because there's a possibility that Taiwan wants those playing the US in November. That round is set up for Taiwan to win.

You should realize by now that English speaking people are the last people you'd expect to hear any news about international baseball from.

There are still some things that need to be discussed between WBC and host Germany but here is an article by a local newspaper from Regensburg/Germany. The main quote is interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Mittelbayrische
    From September 20th to 24th one of four Qualificationtournaments of the World Baseball Classic (WBC) will be held in Regensburg with host Germany and three still yet to be determined teams
    The last letter of acceptance by WBC for the Germany pool is still open

full article
    http://www.mittelbayerische.de/sport...ses_baseb.html
    The only thing you know is you never know and that you know for sure!

I like Regensburg as a choice, they seemed to do very well with the last event they hosted! The weather is still good for baseball at that time?

Blog Entries
    Felix Fermin is Primary Candidate to Manage Dominican NT
    Source in Spanish: http://www.hoy.com.do/deportes/2012/...anager-Clasico

http://www.nownews.com/2012/02/16/341-2786038.htm

The teams will play in round-robin competition in Round 1.

No news is...

Blog Entries
    Roughly less than 380 days for the next CLASSIC,and still no announcement,quite disappointing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chendd View Post
    http://www.nownews.com/2012/02/16/341-2786038.htm

The teams will play in round-robin competition in Round 1.
    Good, I didn't care for the other format. BTW, the Dominican National Team may have a new General Manager. Stan Javier is rumored to be taking over the Cibao Eagles job; so the top replacement candidates are Omar Minaya and Moises Alou.
    Last edited by SouthwestAmAZins; 02-21-2012 at 09:28 AM.

I find it very odd that they would announce the Asia Series for the very same weekend that these recent articles say the WBC qualifier will be in Tawain. I still say that article is not to be believed completely especially with other info I've heard that some participants were already told September

I find it very odd that they would announce the Asia Series for the very same weekend that these recent articles say the WBC qualifier will be in Tawain.
    It's a moot point because none of those games will draw a lot of people in participating countries except maybe the WBC qualifier final in Taiwan.

check out the wbc qualifier 2012 host venue bid webpage of Regensburg http://www.worldbaseballclassic.de/
    the vid shows you some impressions of the WC 2009 at Regensburg with China, Venezuela, USA and Germany
    The only thing you know is you never know and that you know for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula59 View Post
    check out the wbc qualifier 2012 host venue bid webpage of Regensburg http://www.worldbaseballclassic.de/
    the vid shows you some impressions of the WC 2009 at Regensburg with China, Venezuela, USA and Germany
    Cool video. Is this website new?
    Last edited by Rally Monkey; 02-27-2012 at 12:16 AM.

It will effect the championship team that Taiwan sends, and it just didn't make much sense to have two tournaments going on at the same time during that time of year when they could be separate..

Now, I heard today, from sources I will not reveal, that an announcement will come the first week of March, but that the November dates in Taiwan look to be correct, and that the other qualifiers, dates unknown, but likely in September will be held in Germany, Panama, and Florida!

We shall see eventually!

Paula....please tell me that was Die Fantastichen Vier singing that song for that video!!!! And tell me where I can download it as well!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula59 View Post
    That song is too "in your face" for my liking

It will effect the championship team that Taiwan sends, and it just didn't make much sense to have two tournaments going on at the same time during that time of year when they could be separate..

Now, I heard today, from sources I will not reveal, that an announcement will come the first week of March, but that the November dates in Taiwan look to be correct, and that the other qualifiers, dates unknown, but likely in September will be held in Germany, Panama, and Florida!

We shall see eventually!
    If true, then Canada could be playing in Florida. My guess is they will be grouped with Spain, France and the United States of Great Britain.

I am thinking with all the retired Jewish people in Florida that you can send Spain to Germany, and put Israel in Florida..... And the qualifier to be at would be in Panama with Panama, Colombia, Brazil, and Nicaragua!

Blog Entries
    I am thinking with all the retired Jewish people in Florida that you can send Spain to Germany, and put Israel in Florida..... And the qualifier to be at would be in Panama with Panama, Colombia, Brazil, and Nicaragua!
    I thought of that too, but Israel may be too much of a threat to Canada's chances of advancing; Israel may have a roster full of former MLB and current MiLB players and very few Israelis. Team Israel could be a favorite if placed in Germany with South Africa and the Czech Republic.
    Last edited by SouthwestAmAZins; 02-26-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Page 67 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast