Page 60 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3832

Thread: 2013 World Baseball Classic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInternationalGame View Post
    Ditto: but Japan will participate. Moot point, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Monkey View Post
    The opening rounds will be in Tokyo (Japan will play)
    I know that MLB wants Japan to participate, but what makes you so certain?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The competition in Panama will occur in November so they'll be able to compete including Mariano.
    I don't think that's right. From what I've read, the word is that none of the countries participating in the qualifying round can use players on the 40-man roster. That would mean that even the teams competing in November would be limited to minor league players. Mariano will have to retire before he can play for Team Panama.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglandAmazins View Post
    I know that MLB wants Japan to participate, but what makes you so certain?
    For the reason you said: MLB wants Japan to participate. They'll make it happen.

Here is a suggestion for those of us who are WBC fanatics. Once the actual dates are set for the Jupiter, Florida pool, and the teams are announced for the first two games, then might it be a good idea for those of us on this blog who intend to attend the Jupiter pool to arrange for tickets in a group and sit together and exchange ideas on the WBC ? Or perhaps if not getting seats together, set up a meeting time, like the intermission between the top of the fourth inning and the bottom of the fourth inning ? Those on this blog from Europe or Africa or Asia or Latin America could do the same for games hosted by Germany, Taiwan, Japan, Puerto Rico, Santo Domingo, etc. etc.

One of the strange things about the modified double elimination tournament rule is that if favorites always win, the #2 seed NEVER plays the #4 seed, and the #1 seed NEVER plays the #3 seed:

FIRST GAME --- #1 seed defeats #4 seed
    SECOND GAME --- #2 seed defeats #3 seed
    THIRD GAME for LOSERS of First Game and Second Game --- #3 defeats #4 seed --- #4 seed with 0-2 record is eliminated after just two games
    FOURTH GAME for WINNERS of First Game and Second Game --- #1 seed defeats #2 seed
    FIFTH GAME for WINNER of Third Game and LOSER of Fourth Game --- #2 defeats #3 seed --- #3 seed with 1-2 record is eliminated after three games
    SIXTH GAME for WINNER of Fourth Game and WINNER of Fifth Game --- #1 seed with 2-0 record defeats #2 seed with 2-1 record --- #2 seed is eliminated with 2-2 record

HOWEVER, if SIXTH GAME winner is #2 seed, then the #2 seed WINS the pool with a 3-1 record over the #1 seed with a 2-1 record.

And as you can see, the #1 seed NEVER plays the #3 seed, and the #2 seed NEVER plays the #4 seed. This is the arrangement that was used in the 2009 WBC, confusing just about everyone, since a fan rooting for their country never knew in advance which games their country would be playing. The arrangement used in the 2006 WBC was in my opinion better, even though the tie-breakers were complicated. At least in 2006 you knew in advance the dates, times, and opposing teams for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PLowry View Post
    Here is a suggestion for those of us who are WBC fanatics. Once the actual dates are set for the Jupiter, Florida pool, and the teams are announced for the first two games, then might it be a good idea for those of us on this blog who intend to attend the Jupiter pool to arrange for tickets in a group and sit together and exchange ideas on the WBC ? Or perhaps if not getting seats together, set up a meeting time, like the intermission between the top of the fourth inning and the bottom of the fourth inning ? Those on this blog from Europe or Africa or Asia or Latin America could do the same for games hosted by Germany, Taiwan, Japan, Puerto Rico, Santo Domingo, etc. etc.

One of the strange things about the modified double elimination tournament rule is that if favorites always win, the #2 seed NEVER plays the #4 seed, and the #1 seed NEVER plays the #3 seed:

FIRST GAME --- #1 seed defeats #4 seed
    SECOND GAME --- #2 seed defeats #3 seed
    THIRD GAME for LOSERS of First Game and Second Game --- #3 defeats #4 seed --- #4 seed with 0-2 record is eliminated after just two games
    FOURTH GAME for WINNERS of First Game and Second Game --- #1 seed defeats #2 seed
    FIFTH GAME for WINNER of Third Game and LOSER of Fourth Game --- #2 defeats #3 seed --- #3 seed with 1-2 record is eliminated after three games
    SIXTH GAME for WINNER of Fourth Game and WINNER of Fifth Game --- #1 seed with 2-0 record defeats #2 seed with 2-1 record --- #2 seed is eliminated with 2-2 record

HOWEVER, if SIXTH GAME winner is #2 seed, then the #2 seed WINS the pool with a 3-1 record over the #1 seed with a 2-1 record.

And as you can see, the #1 seed NEVER plays the #3 seed, and the #2 seed NEVER plays the #4 seed. This is the arrangement that was used in the 2009 WBC, confusing just about everyone, since a fan rooting for their country never knew in advance which games their country would be playing. The arrangement used in the 2006 WBC was in my opinion better, even though the tie-breakers were complicated. At least in 2006 you knew in advance the dates, times, and opposing teams for everyone.
    I'm on the other side of the state. Trust me...I wish I could be there.
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

The photos of the WBC ballparks were great; thank you !

I have always been more optlmistic about attendance being good for the Qualifier Round than most of you. Here is what I am guessing:

QUALIFIER ONE at Armin-Wolfe-Arena, Regensburg, Germany --- 9,000 per game

QUALIFIER TWO at Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter, Florida --- 7,000 fans --- a sellout for every game

QUALIFIER THREE at XinZuang Stadium, Taipeia, Taiwan --- 11,000 per game

QUALIFIER FOUR at Estadio Rod Carew, Panama City, Panama --- 13, 000 per game

What are your thoughts on what Qualifier attendance will be in the Fall of 2012 ?

With Israel being in Qualifier 2 and given South Florida's Jewish population, they WILL sell out. If Israel is smart, they will name Ron Blomberg or Art Shamsky as manager. All the retired New Yorkers will DEFINITELY show up.

Blog Entries
    For those wishing to see more rather than less baseball in the WBC, fortunately the Florida State League's ballparks have a great history of extra-innings marathons. Hopefully we will get a marathon or two in the Fall of 2012. Out of the 598 games so far identified as lasting 20 or more innings, 13 have been played in the FSL. And Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter just had a 23-inning game last year on May 23.

FLORIDA STATE LEAGUE (13)

21 innings – Municipal Park, Sanford, Florida - 5/27/1948 – Sanford Giants 8 Palatka Azaleas 7 in 5:15 – finished at 1:15 AM in the early morning of 5/28.

29 – Al Lang Field (I), St. Petersburg, Florida – 6/14/1966 – Miami Marlins 4 St. Petersburg Cardinals 3 in 6:59 – 740 fans, 175 fans at end – finished at 2:29 AM in the early morning of 6/15.

25 – Municipal Stadium, West Palm Beach, Florida – 8/8/1967 – West Palm Beach Braves 3 Leesburg Athletics 2 in 5:35, 2nd game postponed – finished at 11:35 PM.

23 – Fort Lauderdale Stadium, Fort Lauderdale, Florida – 5/24/1981 and 5/25/1981 – Fort Lauderdale Yankees 1 Tampa Tarpons 0 in 5:32, suspended after 5:23 and 22 innings – 717 fans; 200 fans at suspension - suspended at 12:53 AM in the early morning of 5/25.

20 – Al Lang Field (II), St. Petersburg and Holman Stadium, Vero Beach, Florida – 4/29/1988 and 5/28/1988 – Vero Beach Dodgers 6 St. Petersburg Cardinals 5 in 5:59, suspended after 5:29 and 18 innings, completed in Vero Beach – suspended at 1:04 AM in the early morning of 4/30.

21 – Ed Smith Stadium, Sarasota and Dunedin Stadium at Grant Field (later Knology Park), Dunedin, Florida – 4/24/1989 and 5/17/1989 – Dunedin Blue Jays 8 Sarasota White Sox 3 in 6:29, suspended after 5:48 and 20 innings – 525 fans on 4/24, 45 fans at suspension, 307 fans on 5/17 – suspended at 12:48 AM in the early morning of 4/25.

20 – Al Lang Field (II), St. Petersburg, Florida – 6/8/1993 – St. Petersburg Cardinals 4 Lakeland Tigers 3 in 5:11 – 1229 fans – finished at 12:46 AM in the early morning of 6/9.

20 – Ed Smith Stadium, Sarasota, Florida – 6/17/1993 – Sarasota White Sox 3 Clearwater Phillies 2 in 4:47 – 932 fans - finished at 12:06 AM in the early morning of 6/18.

20 – Al Lang Field (II), St. Petersburg, Florida – 4/14/1994 – St. Petersburg Cardinals 8 Lakeland Tigers 7 in 7:07 – 1021 fans - finished at 2:42 AM in the early morning of 4/15.

20 – Hammond Stadium, Fort Myers, Florida – 4/13/2006 – Clearwater Threshers 4 Fort Myers Miracle 3 in 5:02 – 1544 fans; 94 fans at end – finished at 12:07 AM in the early morning of 4/14.

20 – Legends Field, Tampa, Florida – 4/17/2007 – Clearwater Threshers 4 Tampa Yankees 1 in 5:14 – 706 fans – ended at 12:14 AM in the early morning of 4/18.

20 – Joker Marchant Stadium, Lakeland, Florida – 6/29/2008 – Lakeland Flying Tigers 3 Daytona Cubs 2 in 6:06 – 469 fans – finished at 12:06 AM in the early morning of 6/30.

23 – Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter, Florida – 5/23/2011 – Jupiter Hammerheads 2 Clearwater Threshers 1 in 5:37 – 330 fans; 12 fans at end – finished at 12:12 AM in the early morning of 5/24.
    If for no other reason but for accuracy's sake, I think it only proper to note that the Al Lang Field complex is officially known as Progress Energy Park.
    Put it in the books.

I have always been more optlmistic about attendance being good for the Qualifier Round than most of you. Here is what I am guessing:

QUALIFIER TWO at Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter, Florida --- 7,000 fans --- a sellout for every game

What are your thoughts on what Qualifier attendance will be in the Fall of 2012 ?
    My thoughts......Germany will be sold out for Germany games, and decent attendance for the other teams...

I think Jupiter will be half full at best...I cannot imagine a sellout.

In Taipei it will be overflowing for Taiwan, and there will be 10 people there for the othber games....friends and family only

Panama will be packed for Panama games, and will have maybe 5,000 for the others.

Nothing I've seen in all my International tournaments I have attended tell me otherwise.... Cuba vs. USA Gold Medal game in Taiwan was a couple hundred people. It was well attended in Nettuno though in 2009. All the Olympic games in Beijing I went to, which was every day, were nearly sold out, but that was the Olympics, and it was a $4 ticket

As for meeting up, there is always between games to meet up as well. We will have to see what the schedule will be. I will probably get tickets, maybe two if they are not too expensive to have a nice empty seat near me, but if for some reason they are full i'll have to pull string with my friends that run the French organization

My thoughts......Germany will be sold out for Germany games, and decent attendance for the other teams...

I think Jupiter will be half full at best...I cannot imagine a sellout.

In Taipei it will be overflowing for Taiwan, and there will be 10 people there for the other games....friends and family only

Panama will be packed for Panama games, and will have maybe 5,000 for the others. MAYBE

Nothing I've seen in all my International tournaments I have attended tell me otherwise.... Cuba vs. USA Gold Medal game in Taiwan was a couple hundred people. It was well attended in Nettuno though in 2009. All the Olympic games in Beijing I went to, which was every day, were nearly sold out, but that was the Olympics, and it was a $4 ticket

As for meeting up, there is always between games to meet up as well. We will have to see what the schedule will be. I will probably get tickets, maybe two if they are not too expensive to have a nice empty seat near me, but if for some reason they are full i'll have to pull string with my friends that run the French organization

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    With Israel being in Qualifier 2 and given South Florida's Jewish population, they WILL sell out. If Israel is smart, they will name Ron Blomberg or Art Shamsky as manager. All the retired New Yorkers will DEFINITELY show up.
    Sounds like someone followed the IBL ;-)

I agree with the predictions; with both the Spanish and Jewish presence in Florida, it makes sense to expect a stong turnout at every game (minus S.A.- France matchup).
    In Taiwan, I think you might see a high turnout for home games, but the other teams just aren't strong enough to demand much interest. Philippines have a good sized community in Teipei, however, maybe could turn out for a game.
    In Panama, during the BWC, we saw rather modest turnout for even the home team. Maybe with MLB-backing it will increase.
    In Germany, likely the same as Taiwan. Czech might represent well because of location, but given Canadas distance and GB's small baseball in comparison to the other three, only Germany's games will sell out. Canada could get the next biggest crowds because of Germany's interest in good baseball, and they'll be cheering against the Canucks.

Will anyone be in Regensburg or Jupiter? I'd be interested in meeting.

I do hope that the WBC connection results in better attendance and I feel it should. Could a possible Rivera roster spot help ensure sellouts in Panama? How good of a chance is there of Rivera playing if he retires from MLB this year thus making him a non 40-man roster player?

Mariano has said that he plans to play.

I think this is old news for most, but Israel's WBC recruiting plans are up on the CEB page:
    http://www.baseballeurope.com/345/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1388&tx_ttnews[backPid]=15&cHash=1c74593bbd

Quote Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
    I do hope that the WBC connection results in better attendance and I feel it should. Could a possible Rivera roster spot help ensure sellouts in Panama? How good of a chance is there of Rivera playing if he retires from MLB this year thus making him a non 40-man roster player?

I don't think we even reached 10,000 at some of the games in San Diego last time. I do not think they will be well attended...

I, however, will be in Jupiter for that qualifier as returning to Europe for a second time in the summer is not really feasible...

I think this is old news for most, but Israel's WBC recruiting plans are up on the CEB page:
    http://www.baseballeurope.com/345/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1388&tx_ttnews[backPid]=15&cHash=1c74593bbd
    To TheInternationalGame: I wrote a few articles on the IBL for this local (Tampa bay area) online publication that no longer exists and yes I am Jewish

I can tell you one non-40 man roster person who won't be playing for Israel. B.J. Rosenberg of the Phillies. He is not Jewish. Former Canadian international Adam Stern has retired as a player I found out, but he may come back and play or be a coach.

Yes, for sure, the WBC has had many games which drew less than 10,000 fans:

Eleven crowds under 10,000 in 2006 Only four crowds less than 10,000 in 2009

3925 - Korea 10 China 1 TOKYO 9221 - Dominican 9 Panama 0 SAN JUAN
    4577 - Taiwan 12 China 3 TOKYO 9329 - Cuba 7 Mexico 4 SAN DIEGO
    5193 - Korea 2 Taiwan 0 TOKYO 9335 - Holland 3 Dominican 2 SAN JUAN
    5829 - Canada 11 South Africa 8 SCOTTSDALE 9774 - Japan 5 Cuba 0 SAN DIEGO
    6129 - Cuba 8 Panama 6 (11) SAN JUAN
    6333 - Holland 10 Panama 0 (7) SAN JUAN
    6594 - Dominican 7 Cuba 3 SAN JUAN
    7657 - Cuba 11 Holland 2 SAN JUAN
    7937 - Mexico 10 South Africa 4 SCOTTSDALE
    8099 - Italy 10 Australia 0 (7) LAKE BUENA VISTA
    9949 - Dominican 8 Italy 3 LAKE BUENA VISTA

Here are some WBC records that may be broken in the 2012-2013 WBC:

Lowest Attendance --- 3925 in TOKYO in 2006 (hopefully this one will NOT be broken
    Highest Attendance --- 54,846 in LOS ANGELES in 2009

Latest Finish Time --- 11:55 PM in SAN DIEGO in 2006 semi-final Japan 6 South Korea 0
    Longest Rain Delay --- 45 minutes in SAN DIEGO in 2006 semi-final Japan 6 South Korea 0

Longest Time of Game --- 4 hours 11 minutes in SAN JUAN in 2006 Cuba 8 Panama 6 in 11 innings --- in this tense game Panama had the bases loaded in the ninth inning and a Panama batter fell to the ground desperately trying to avoid a pitch that was going to strike him in the leg, if he had not avoided the pitch, the resulting Hit By Pitch would have won the game for Panama and therefore Cuba, which eventually made it to the Finals that year, would not have made it through to the Second Round

Most Innings --- 11 innings in SAN JUAN in 2006 Cuba 8 Panama 6; also 11 innings in SAN JUAN in 2009 Holland 2 Dominican 1

I hope that the rule putting batters on second base and first base to start out in extra innings is thrown away.

One thing that we commonly discuss on this blog is IBAF rankings and who will beat who in upcoming WBC games.

Predictions are sometimes wrong. When based on IBAF rankings, eight out of the 39 games in 2006 were "upsets"; while ten out of the 39 games in 2009 were "upsets".

The Nicaragua, Panama, Colombia, Brazil pool is usually discussed on this blog as the strongest pool. I'm not sure about that. Using IBAF rankings, the Canada, Germany, Czech, Britain pool looks to me as if it is stronger. However, the very high ranking of Canada as #6 may skew the following figures. If you believe that #14 Nicaragua and #15 Panama are both stronger teams than #6 Canada, as apparently many people do, then the Nicaragua, Panama, Colombia, Brazil pool would be the strongest.

EUROPE/SOUTH AFRICA POOL in Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter, Florida

#20 Spain, #35 South Africa, #41 France, #48 Israel --- total rankings = 144, which makes it the weakest pool

ASIA/OCEANIA QUALIFIER POOL in Xinziang Stadium, Taipei, Taiwan

#7 Taiwan, #22 Thailand, #28 the Philippines, Unranked/#78 New Zealand --- total rankings = 135

LATIN AMERICAN POOL in Estadio Rod Carew, Panama City, Panama

#14 Nicaragua, #15 Panama, #26 Colombia, #33 Brazil --- total rankings = 88

NORTH AMERICA/EUROPE QUALIFIER POOL in Armin-Wolfe-Arena, Regensburg, Germany

#6 Canada, #17 Germany, #20 Czech, 23 Britain --- total rankings = 66, which makes it the strongest pool

Another way to look at which pools are strongest or weakest is to look at just the rankings of the top two teams:

#20 Spain, #35 South Africa --- total rankings = 55, which makes it the weakest pool

#7 Taiwan, #22 Thailand --- total rankings = 29

#14 Nicaragua, #15 Panama --- total rankings = 29

#6 Canada, #17 Germany --- total rankings = 23, which makes it the strongest pool

I hope that the rule putting batters on second base and first base to start out in extra innings is thrown away.[/QUOTE]

Nope, do not see this going away

Blog Entries
    One thing that we commonly discuss on this blog is IBAF rankings and who will beat who in upcoming WBC games.

Predictions are sometimes wrong. When based on IBAF rankings, eight out of the 39 games in 2006 were "upsets"; while ten out of the 39 games in 2009 were "upsets".

The Nicaragua, Panama, Colombia, Brazil pool is usually discussed on this blog as the strongest pool. I'm not sure about that. Using IBAF rankings, the Canada, Germany, Czech, Britain pool looks to me as if it is stronger. However, the very high ranking of Canada as #6 may skew the following figures. If you believe that #14 Nicaragua and #15 Panama are both stronger teams than #6 Canada, as apparently many people do, then the Nicaragua, Panama, Colombia, Brazil pool would be the strongest.

#20 Spain, #35 South Africa, #41 France, #48 Israel --- total rankings = 144, which makes it the weakest pool

#7 Taiwan, #22 Thailand, #28 the Philippines, Unranked/#78 New Zealand --- total rankings = 135

#6 Canada, #17 Germany, #20 Czech, 23 Britain --- total rankings = 66, which makes it the strongest pool

Another way to look at which pools are strongest or weakest is to look at just the rankings of the top two teams:

#20 Spain, #35 South Africa --- total rankings = 55, which makes it the weakest pool

#7 Taiwan, #22 Thailand --- total rankings = 29

#14 Nicaragua, #15 Panama --- total rankings = 29

#6 Canada, #17 Germany --- total rankings = 23, which makes it the strongest pool
    Many folks on this forum don't the IBAF rankings seriously for a variety of reasons. I don't think that Great Britain is any better than Colombia and Brazil, Great Britain is still benefiting from their 2nd place in the 2007 Euros; meanwhile Colombia & Brazil don't participate in as many IBAF events. There any many teams that are ranked too high up only because they have participated in the right events, but have not won any games. It would be nice to see more International games to get a clearer picture about how good or bad teams are, but it is just not possible at this time. In the mean time, we have a very flawed ranking system that has yielded some questionable results. I still don't understand how Afghanistan is ranked 38th and just joined the IBAF about a year ago.

I still don't understand how Afghanistan is ranked 38th and just joined the IBAF about a year ago.
    It's mainly because Afghanistan participated in the west asia baseball cup

I think that tournament such as, European Cup, pan american games, asia cup, would determine which team advances to the WBC qualifiers in the future(2017?). After all WBC is the word's number one international baseball tournament, and they have to give opportunity to all the countries. I heard in a blog that baseball fans in countries such as El Salvador(baseball is quite popular), don't care about the tournament as their country aren't participating. In addition, Swedish baseball website criticized the WBC in a forum, stating that "How come Israel get to participate when they didn't even qualify for the European Cup?"

I'm not going to whine about the fact that it's unfair that country A was chosen over county B, as the countries are already chosen. However, to improve WBC, the tournament has to at least give hope to all the countries and not by WBC's subjective and biast view($$$$$).

Quote Originally Posted by island slugger View Post
    It's mainly because Afghanistan participated in the west asia baseball cup

I think that tournament such as, European Cup, pan american games, asia cup, would determine which team advances to the WBC qualifiers in the future(2017?). After all WBC is the word's number one international baseball tournament, and they have to give opportunity to all the countries. I heard in a blog that baseball fans in countries such as El Salvador(baseball is quite popular), don't care about the tournament as their country aren't participating. In addition, Swedish baseball website criticized the WBC in a forum, stating that "How come Israel get to participate when they didn't even qualify for the European Cup?"

I'm not going to whine about the fact that it's unfair that country A was chosen over county B, as the countries are already chosen. However, to improve WBC, the tournament has to at least give hope to all the countries and not by WBC's subjective and biast view($$$$$).
    A-greed. ;-)

The WBC is still young, and its role as world championship will change and morph over the next few decades, to the point where qualification will hopefully be more fair. I see this growth as a positive step, despite not solving all problems.

To the rankings: throw them away, when it comes to predicting the qualifying tournament.

Again, need to point out that Spain and Israel will be heavily recruiting, which they don't do for other events. South Africa could be the weakest team in the group; one reason they are ranked so high is because of WBC participation, which a vast majority see as undeserved. At the European Championship, we'll see if Spain and France will return to form of a couple years ago, and that should give a better idea of how they'll stack up against S.A. and a reinforced Jewish team. Odds are on Israel/Spain in the final.

I believe this is the weakest group. Taiwan has benefited greatly from this, and I don't have a problem with that. For a tiny country which is baseball-crazy, it also serves as a gateway to the SE Asian market, and gives NZ a chance to break on to the scene. Thailand and Philippines are not as strong as their ranking, which comes from participation in a small region (like Pakistan/Afghanistan), but I'm still satisfied with this group. I like regional matchups and rivalries.

Assuming the BWC wasn't a fluke, Panama could be top-10 worthy. Playing at home, they'd have to be considered a strong favorite. Nicaragua showed that they aren't at the level of the Netherlands, Italy, or Germany; so to say they are top-15 still could be a stretch. If MLB holds true to the scheduling put forth in Germany, we'd see Panama play Columbia in the first round...an interesting matchup, while Brazil would have a reasonable shot at an upset against Nicaragua (even though I don't believe the hype around Brazil).

Strongest by ranking, yes. But with all rosters flipped upside down by recruiting, there will be "upsets" and lower seeded teams advancing in every group, except maybe in Taiwan. I think the Germany pool is the most balanced, and the scheduling helps Germany/CZ because GB could be as strong as Canada depending on their recruiting. Canada won't be at full strength because no 40-man players, and Germany kept in the game against them during Olympic qualifying a half-dozen years back. I'd put Germany and Canada in the second round winners bracket, but wouldn't surprise me if neither of them make the final. Czech has planned a good ammount of preparation, and its nearly unthinkable that they woudn't win a single game. Again the EuroChampionships will speak loads to a group.

Sry, duplicate.
    Last edited by TheInternationalGame; 03-29-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Again the EuroChampionships will speak loads to a group.
    I doubt EC will be any indication of how the teams will play at the WBCQ just 1 week later because of different rules of eligibility to play for a country at these two tournaments. In the worst/best scenario we see a team getting religated at the EC but winning the WBCQ.
    The only thing you know is you never know and that you know for sure!

Blog Entries
    Canada could virtually send the same team that won Gold in last year's Pan Am games. All but two players on that roster are currently on an MLB 40 man roster, based on this, Canada shouldn't have a hard time qualifying.

Page 60 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast