X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unit312J
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by wbcno1fan View Post
    Can you guys tell us about it,i m also having trouble with that link;thank you.
    I'd slow down....this is a short confusing blurb taking from a Taipei Baseball Fan Group site. There is nothing official about this announcement. It is still speculation, and really only speculating on what we thought all along, a November qualifier in Taiwan with those four countries. I don't think this means anything.

Comment

• Unit312J
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Unit312J View Post
      I'd slow down....this is a short confusing blurb taking from a Taipei Baseball Fan Group site. There is nothing official about this announcement. It is still speculation, and really only speculating on what we thought all along, a November qualifier in Taiwan with those four countries. I don't think this means anything.
      I spoke with my New Zealand people and they have heard nothing. He's not surprised with the location or grouping but said he was told at the Winter Meetings it would September and was surprised to see the November dates. As I said be skeptical of the info in that article.

Comment

• desslok
        • Nov 2010

Did you even check what the article says? It's because there's a possibility that Taiwan wants those playing the US in November. That round is set up for Taiwan to win.

You should realize by now that English speaking people are the last people you'd expect to hear any news about international baseball from.

Comment

• desslok
          • Nov 2010

Here's some Portuguese.

Comment

• Paula59
            • Jan 2008

There are still some things that need to be discussed between WBC and host Germany but here is an article by a local newspaper from Regensburg/Germany. The main quote is interesting

Originally posted by Mittelbayrische
            From September 20th to 24th one of four Qualificationtournaments of the World Baseball Classic (WBC) will be held in Regensburg with host Germany and three still yet to be determined teams
            The last letter of acceptance by WBC for the Germany pool is still open

full article
            The only thing you know is you never know and that you know for sure!

Comment

• cutchemist42
              • Dec 2006

I like Regensburg as a choice, they seemed to do very well with the last event they hosted! The weather is still good for baseball at that time?

Comment

• SouthwestAmAZins
                Playertobenamedlater
                • Apr 2007

Felix Fermin is Primary Candidate to Manage Dominican NT
                Source in Spanish: http://www.hoy.com.do/deportes/2012/...anager-Clasico

Comment

• chendd
                  • Mar 2007

《NOWnews今日新聞》(www.nownews.com)於2008年4月正式上線,是臺灣第一個,同時也是臺灣最大、最即時的網路原生新聞網站。由今日傳媒股份有限公司經營,為數位媒體領導品牌。最大股東分別是美國上市公司NDMT和遊戲橘子(Gamania),公司股東結構健全,致力於打造華人世界最具影響力的新聞媒體。

The teams will play in round-robin competition in Round 1.

Comment

• USA09
                    • May 2007

No news is...

Comment

• wbcno1fan
                      • Mar 2011

Roughly less than 380 days for the next CLASSIC,and still no announcement,quite disappointing.

Comment

• SouthwestAmAZins
                        Playertobenamedlater
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by chendd View Post
                        http://www.nownews.com/2012/02/16/341-2786038.htm

The teams will play in round-robin competition in Round 1.
                        Good, I didn't care for the other format. BTW, the Dominican National Team may have a new General Manager. Stan Javier is rumored to be taking over the Cibao Eagles job; so the top replacement candidates are Omar Minaya and Moises Alou.
                        Last edited by SouthwestAmAZins; 02-21-2012, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Unit312J
                          • Dec 2007

I find it very odd that they would announce the Asia Series for the very same weekend that these recent articles say the WBC qualifier will be in Tawain. I still say that article is not to be believed completely especially with other info I've heard that some participants were already told September

Comment

• desslok
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Unit312J View Post
                            I find it very odd that they would announce the Asia Series for the very same weekend that these recent articles say the WBC qualifier will be in Tawain.
                            It's a moot point because none of those games will draw a lot of people in participating countries except maybe the WBC qualifier final in Taiwan.

Comment

• Paula59
                              • Jan 2008

check out the wbc qualifier 2012 host venue bid webpage of Regensburg http://www.worldbaseballclassic.de/
                              the vid shows you some impressions of the WC 2009 at Regensburg with China, Venezuela, USA and Germany
                              The only thing you know is you never know and that you know for sure!

Comment

• Rally Monkey
                                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Paula59 View Post
                                check out the wbc qualifier 2012 host venue bid webpage of Regensburg http://www.worldbaseballclassic.de/
                                the vid shows you some impressions of the WC 2009 at Regensburg with China, Venezuela, USA and Germany
                                Cool video. Is this website new?
                                Last edited by Rally Monkey; 02-26-2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X