• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimm
    orange and black
    • May 2009

Originally posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Interesting stat. That has to be frustrating especially going for a milestone. What team will he face next?

Wednesday at Nationals

June 8 at Marlins

June 13 vs. A's

per the chronicle

Comment

• Seattle1
      Mariners
      • Jun 2006

Let's go TBU! It won't be long now!

Comment

• KHenry14
        Gigantes Moderator
        • Feb 2004

Funny what happens when a guy gets a little run support!

Go Randy, us Livermore High alums are all behind you!
        “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• Honus Wagner Rules
          xFIP?! I laugh at you!
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
          Funny what happens when a guy gets a little run support!

Go Randy, us Livermore High alums are all behind you!
          KH,

I assume you graduated from Livermore High in 1975 based on your age? I believe Randy graduated from high school in 1982.
          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• KHenry14
            Gigantes Moderator
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
            KH,

I assume you graduated from Livermore High in 1975 based on your age? I believe Randy graduated from high school in 1982.
            Tis true, I'm not claiming him for my class, just the school in general.
            “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• philliesfiend55
              • Nov 2006

Weather Is A Bigger Obstacle For Johnson's 300 Bid Wednesday Than Nationals

Early weather reports show that Randy Johnson's Wednesday Start for win #300 may be in jeopardy. Rain is predicted for Tuesday and thunderstorms are predicted for Wednesday, although the National Weather Service has not been specific about what time of day that storm might hit.
              The weather should be a bigger obstacle than the Nationals.
              Although the Washington team can hit, much of their pitching is suspect and their fielding is the worst factor of their overall game. In one game against the Phillies this weekend I saw each of the three Nationals' outfielders misplay one catchable ball apiece (although all of them weren't charged with errors).
              Last edited by philliesfiend55; 05-31-2009, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• bob
                • Sep 2007

Im pleased he will get 300 at some point. It does nothing for those who know more about his abilities, but for the casual fan that still thinjks wins and ERA are the most important stats it will help further his reputation.
                He may well be the greatest strikeout pitcher of all time, just think what his numbers would look like if he started his greatness in his early or mid 20's. He was 29 before he recieved a single cy young vote. We'd be looking at the first 6,000K man if he got into his groove in his first couple of years.

Comment

• philliesfiend55
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by bob View Post
                  Im pleased he will get 300 at some point. It does nothing for those who know more about his abilities, but for the casual fan that still thinjks wins and ERA are the most important stats it will help further his reputation.
                  He may well be the greatest strikeout pitcher of all time, just think what his numbers would look like if he started his greatness in his early or mid 20's. He was 29 before he recieved a single cy young vote. We'd be looking at the first 6,000K man if he got into his groove in his first couple of years.
                  In Johnson's case, that old baseball adage about lefthanded pitchers taking longer to develop than righties is 100 per cent true!

Comment

• Seattle1
                    Mariners
                    • Jun 2006

Funny that he came into the league with the Montreal Expos, and now he is (likely/possibly) going to win number three hundred against the Washington Nationals!

Is that an example of Yin & Yang?

Comment

• bob
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
                      Funny that he came into the league with the Montreal Expos, and now he is (likely/possibly) going to win number three hundred against the Washington Nationals!

That, or coincidence.

Comment

• Rich the Giants fan
                        Stretch 44
                        • Feb 2009

Congrats to Randy Johnson, with a Giant thank you to Tim Timmons.
                        San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

• Extra Innings
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post

Also, Steve Carlton won his 300th game against the Cardinals, the team he started out with.
                          My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

• BenHertz
                            The Thread Killer
                            • Oct 2005

June 4, 2009 - San Francisco 5, Washington 1.

6 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 0 HR

Win #300!

* Randy Johnson becomes the 24th pitcher in MLB history to reach 300 wins.

Totals to date:
                            300 wins
                            4845 K
                            4097.1 IP

Comment

• dominik
                              • Oct 2008

Wow congratulatrions to Randy.

Did he really clock 98 on his fastball? I saw it on MLB.com and the clock showed 98 on his final pitch.

That's unusual because his fb seemed to be stuck at around 90 most of the season. Maybe that opportunity got some extra motivation for him.
                              I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• philliesfiend55
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
                                Congrats to Randy Johnson, with a Giant thank you to Tim Timmons.
                                The umpire (Timmons) probably blew the call on Adam Dunn. That full count pitch from Brian Wilson would have walked in the tying run and taken away the decision from Randy. It looked too low to be called a strike to me. Instead of the 8th inning being over, the Nationals would have tied up the game.....But What The Heck....That's Baseball!!!
                                Congratulations, Randy, on your historic 300th Win!
                                Now, RJ, if you want to continue to pitch into 2010...it's on to 5,000 Strikeouts! (He needs 155 Ks for that milestone.)
                                Last edited by philliesfiend55; 06-05-2009, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X