Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MLB division rankings based on ballparks

Quote Originally Posted by gman5431 View Post
    I went to Comisky (US Cell) in 99 and then again in 2005, their WS year. As with any ballpark, once inside its a great place to see a game. I prefer the fans at ChiSox games over the Cubs fans. But unfortunately they didnt come close to the old place. The renovations were greatly needed and did improve the place a bit, ill give them that. Someone has to be last and IMO, US Cell is that.

However, while i have Chase and MM above US Cell, i can respect that ranking because no one hates indoor baseball more than I. I have been lucky enough to be in each of those two when the roof was open, so i may be a little biased.

G Man
    I'd put the Cell above places like Miller, the GAB (the 3B side at least), Turner, and even NYS.

AL East

1. New Yankee Stadium (It's a palace!)
    2. Camden Yards (been there)
    3. Fenway Park (been there recently)
    4. Rogers Centre (been there)
    5. Tropicana (haven't been there)

AL Central

1. Kauffman (haven't been there)
    2. Comerica (saw the outskirts in Sept of 1999)
    3. US Cellular (haven't been there)
    4. Progressive (only one I've been to in this bunch)
    5. Metrodome (haven't been there)

AL West

1. Safeco (haven't been there)
    2. Ballpark at Arlington (will be there in September, day before Giants vs Cowboys)
    3. Angels Stadium (haven't been there)
    4. Oakland Coliseum (haven't been there)

NL East

1. Citizens Bank (been there)
    2. Nationals (haven't been there)
    3. Turner (been there)
    4. Citi Field (been there)
    5. Dolphin (been there for a NFL game only. Favre's 1st game as a Jet last year)

NL Central

1. PNC (been there. 2nd best ballpark that I've ever been to, next to New Yankee Stadium)
    2. Wrigley (been there, better than Fenway, but old Tiger Stadium was better that Wrigley)
    3. Minute Maid
    4. Busch (haven't been there)
    5. Miller (haven't been there)
    6. GABP (haven't been there)

NL West

1. AT&T (haven't been there)
    2. Dodger Stadium (been there, reminded me of a nicer Shea Stadium)
    3. Coors (haven't been there)
    4. Petco (haven't been there)
    5. Chase (haven't been there)

NL Central - PNC, Minute Maid, Wrigley, Busch, Miller, GABP
    NL West - Petco, AT&T, Coors, Dodger, Chase
    AL Central - (Target), Comerica, Kaufmann, Cell, Progressive, Metrodome - Will be the best when Target Field opens
    NL East - Citizens Bank, Nationals, Citi, Turner, Dolph
    AL West - Safeco, Rangers, Anaheim, Coliseum
    AL East - Fenway, NYS, Camden, Rogers, Trop
    1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

I'll probably revise this list at the end of the month:

AL EAST
    1. BALTIMORE - Perhaps my favorite place to go whenever I get the chance.
    2. BOSTON - A close second. Had a blast up there. Would love to do again.
    3. NEW YORK - Too corporate, but concourses are bigger. I probably prefer RYS over NYS.
    4. TORONTO - Love the view of CN Tower; reminds me of a cookie-cutter.
    5. TAMPA BAY - haven't been there - Looks dark and catwalks obstruct play. The proposed stadium looked great; hopefully they'll get a new stadium.

AL CENTRAL
    1. CLEVELAND - It's really not a bad place. Reminds me of CBP.
    2. DETROIT - Like Cleveland, not a bad place either despite leaving Tiger Stadium.
    3. KANSAS CITY - haven't been there -Going this summer. Love the waterfalls.
    4. CHICAGO - haven't been there - Going this summer. Better than Old Comiskey Park by far.
    5. MINNESOTA - haven't been there - Target Field will be a big improvement once finished.

AL WEST
    1. SEATTLE - A beautiful park in a beautiful city.
    2. LOS ANGELES - haven't been there - Would like to see the big A closer to the stadium as it once was.
    3. TEXAS - haven't been there - Wonder how it would be like with a dome. Looks out of place in the suburbs.
    4. OAKLAND - haven't been there - Time for a new stadium

NL EAST
    1. PHILADELPHIA - My hometown, perhaps I'm partial here. CBP is one of my homes away from home. A great place to watch a ballgame.
    2. NEW YORK - Did a nice job with this place. Very impressed.
    3. WASHINGTON - A sleeper. Improved camera angles viewing at home. Good food as well.
    4. ATLANTA - Impressed with how clean it is. Great place to bring kids, but possibly a bit too cartoonish. Not like that's a bad thing anyway.
    5. FLORIDA - haven't been there for a Marlins game, only for a Dolphins game. Built for football only. Can't wait until the new stadium is finished in 2012.

NL CENTRAL
    1. PITTSBURGH - The best from what I've seen. A beautiful place indeed.
    2. CHICAGO - haven't been there - Going this summer - A legendary ballpark and a place that you must go before you die.
    3. ST. LOUIS - haven't been there - Going this summer - Looks nicer than Busch II. What's going on with the Ballpark Village?
    4. MILWAUKEE - haven't been there - Going this summer - I hear it's pretty nice up there. Sausage races and Bernie's slide will provide entertainment.
    5. HOUSTON - haven't been there - Tal's Hill in CF has got to be the worst gimmick in baseball.
    6. CINCINNATI - Has the best hot dogs in baseball, and some things do stand out, but that gap I will never understand and the sight lines aren't great either.

NL WEST
    1. SAN FRANCISCO - haven't been there - Hope to see a splash home run once I get out there
    2. LOS ANGELES - haven't been there - I would put this park as a "must-see."
    3. SAN DIEGO - haven't been there - Looks like a nice place to watch a game from tv.
    4. COLORADO - haven't been there - I hear there's a nice view of the mountains. Need to sit along the first base line.
    5. ARIZONA - haven't been there - Hope to step foot in the swimming pool

I thought it would be fun to revive this thread now that Target Field and Marlins Park have opened. Where do the AL Central and NL East now fit in with the addition of Target Field and Marlins Park?

As a Twins fan, I am a bit biased, but I truly think the AL Central has the best bunch of ballparks. No roofs or retractable roofs in the AL Central either!

AL Central - Target, Kaufmann, Comerica, Progressive, US Cellular
    NL Central - PNC, Busch, Miller, Wrigley, GABP
    NL West - AT&T, Petco, Coors, Dodger, Chase
    NL East - Citizens Bank, Nationals, Marlins, Citi, Turner
    AL West - Safeco, Anaheim, Rangers, Coliseum
    AL East - Camden, Fenway, NYS, Rogers, Tropicana

Quote Originally Posted by lmh839 View Post
    I thought it would be fun to revive this thread now that Target Field and Marlins Park have opened. Where do the AL Central and NL East now fit in with the addition of Target Field and Marlins Park?

As a Twins fan, I am a bit biased, but I truly think the AL Central has the best bunch of ballparks. No roofs or retractable roofs in the AL Central either!

AL Central - Target, Kaufmann, Comerica, Progressive, US Cellular
    NL Central - PNC, Busch, Miller, Wrigley, GABP
    NL West - AT&T, Petco, Coors, Dodger, Chase
    NL East - Citizens Bank, Nationals, Marlins, Citi, Turner
    AL West - Safeco, Anaheim, Rangers, Coliseum
    AL East - Camden, Fenway, NYS, Rogers, Tropicana
    You forgot Minute Maid Park in the NL Central. Though after this season it moves to the AL West.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123