Page 633 of 2255 FirstFirst ... 13353358362363163263363463564368373311331633 ... LastLast
Results 12,641 to 12,660 of 45081

Thread: Citi Field

Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    Going to the Acela Club Restaurant. A couple weeks ago, I picked up a pair of tix in the Delta Club seating area and assumed (!) that they included the benefit of access to the restaurant. Silly me. Not so. Only Delta Club Platinum and Gold are allowed - not even Silver, and certainly not plain vanilla Delta Club (despite paying a pretty penny for their seats).

No matter. I still called to make a reservation and hoped that the staff would be so confused that they would let me in. That's exactly what happened. The guard at the door was checking tickets and would have probably denied me entrance since my ticket did not say "Admit One to Acela Club". However, while the guard was occupied with a different couple, one of the hostesses came outside and asked me if I had a reservation. I said yes, gave her my name, she went back in to check on the computer, and eventually waved us in.

My niece and I were thrilled, especially since heaven knows when I will ever get another shot at dining there. Here are a few shots inside the restaurant and views from the restaurant toward the field.

So is the Acela Club strictly a restaurant and nothing else (no standing area or bar)? And even if you have tickets, is that not enough but we have to make reservations as well?

It's a typo.

Delta Silver and Delta regular ARE allowed to reserve at Acela

Also permitted are:

Delta Platinum and Gold
    Ebbets Club Gold
    Excelsior Club Platinum and Gold
    All Metropolitan Box
    All Field Box

The only area exclusive to Delta Platinum and Gold is the Delta Club Lounge which is just below the Delta Club and is basically a lounge with the same food as the Delta Club market but the food is all-you-can-eat included in the ticket price. Seeing as Row 8 (Gold) is more than $100/seat more than Row 9 (Silver) we didn't see the upside as we don't eat $100/person in food and we try not to drive to games since someone has to 'designated drive' home.

View from the Delta Club seats

A few shots inside the Delta Club itself (including an encounter with Kevin Burkhardt)

Then, I headed upstairs to the Ebbets Club. Here's one of their bars:

Just playing around so I thought I'd show what a Soot Monster might look like

Soot Monster.JPG

Or maybe some others.

The Black Surpent
    The Soot Surpent

Anymore suggestions are welcome

View from one of the portals of the Ebbets Club seating

View from Ebbets Club third base side

View from Ebbets Club first base side

View from "my" (one-day-only) seats in Section 16, Row 16. Yes, even they have to deal with the plexiglass

Shot of the scoreboard. Current batter is highlighted in orange and next batter due up for the other team is highlighted in grey.

Completion of the JRR with the addition of the photos that were "missing" on 3/29.

Well, that's all from me today. Many other shots (especially of the ads) in the full album here:

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/u...0Sox%204-4-09/

Quote Originally Posted by Greg B. View Post
    Clockwise from top left you have Lite, Lite, ????, Heineken, Bud, Bud, Heineken, Bud Light. What is the ???? beer?
    I had a Becks on Saturday from one of those "Bottled Beer" carts. (12 oz vs. 16 oz for the AB products)

Quote Originally Posted by metfan61 View Post
    Just playing around so I thought I'd show what a Soot Monster might look like

Soot Monster.JPG

Or maybe some others.

The Black Surpent
    The Soot Surpent

Anymore suggestions are welcome
    The Surpent of Soot.
    "You're killin' me Smalls!"

Quote Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
    So is the Acela Club strictly a restaurant and nothing else (no standing area or bar)? And even if you have tickets, is that not enough but we have to make reservations as well?
    There is a bar and there's also an area with a long counter for putting your drinks down w/ a view of the field (this area overlooks most of the tiered dining area). I think you only need reservations if you're dining.

Quote Originally Posted by metsforever7515 View Post
    The Surpent of Soot.
    The Black Snake
    The Citi Field Snake

Nice pics of the Acela Club. Looks really nice there. Maybe I'll get Caesars Club tickets once this year and make reservations to eat at the restaurant. I'm hoping some of the Caesars Club tickets will be going for under face eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by nymdan View Post
    Nice pics of the Acela Club. Looks really nice there. Maybe I'll get Caesars Club tickets once this year and make reservations to eat at the restaurant. I'm hoping some of the Caesars Club tickets will be going for under face eventually...
    So what is the rankings of the clubs?

If you have access to one club, does that mean you have automatic access to the other clubs or just the clubs that are ranked lower than the one you have?

One more panoramic from today:

"You're killin' me Smalls!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shea120K View Post
    It's a typo.

Delta Silver and Delta regular ARE allowed to reserve at Acela

Also permitted are:

Delta Platinum and Gold
    Ebbets Club Gold
    Excelsior Club Platinum and Gold
    All Metropolitan Box
    All Field Box

The only area exclusive to Delta Platinum and Gold is the Delta Club Lounge which is just below the Delta Club and is basically a lounge with the same food as the Delta Club market but the food is all-you-can-eat included in the ticket price. Seeing as Row 8 (Gold) is more than $100/seat more than Row 9 (Silver) we didn't see the upside as we don't eat $100/person in food and we try not to drive to games since someone has to 'designated drive' home.
    You could be right that it's a typo but could you cite a source or provide a link that states that all Delta seats have access to the restaurant?

Here's the Club Memberships section, as printed in the ticket booklet that was sent out to all STHs:

Here's the info as provided on mets.com under Citi Field Information - A-to-Z Guide (http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ballpark/guide.jsp):

Acela Club
    Located on the Excelsior Level and exclusive to the following seat holders: Delta Club Platinum & Gold [my bold], Ebbets Club Gold, Caesars Club Platinum & Gold, All Metropolitan Box, All Field Box, a restaurant with full views of the playing field, the New York City skyline, and the World's Fair Marina, the Acela Club will feature a fine-dining experience inspired by the world renown Myriad Group of Tribeca Grill fame.

And here's a screen capture from another Mets web page (http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ball...staurant.jsp):

I hope that you're right, but everything that I have seen indicates otherwise.

My new clock!

Quote Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
    So what is the rankings of the clubs?

If you have access to one club, does that mean you have automatic access to the other clubs or just the clubs that are ranked lower than the one you have?
    See my previous post for access descriptions. The second part of your question is the way it works - you get access to the club indicated on your ticket PLUS those that are ranked below it.

DiggerODell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishy24 View Post
    Nice clock Dish. Now you'll always know what time it is. smile

My "Cheezy" photo!

This is my son Gavin proudly sitting with his brick on Friday 4/3.

Food at Citi Field

So far I have eaten a burger from shake shack (amazing), a pulled pork sandwich from blue smoke (amazing), frites and bacon dipping sauce (best fries in the park?) and the fried fish sandwich from catch of the day (best kept secret!).

well, ive also had a mama's special at citi but ive had so many of those at the restaurant and shea over the years i wouldnt count it.

what has everyone else tried so far at citi and what did you think of the food at Citi Field?

Page 633 of 2255 FirstFirst ... 13353358362363163263363463564368373311331633 ... LastLast