Page 562 of 1748 FirstFirst ... 6246251255256056156256356457261266210621562 ... LastLast
Results 14,026 to 14,050 of 43687

Thread: Citi Field

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Maybe we should have had a Citi DAP seating thread. (But I guess there are enough Citi threads already). So here's a question for you Dishy....where is the DAP parking and how close can you get to CF?
    The DAP parking is very near Citi. It is right in front of Shea right field.
    Born, raise and living in Flushing since 93.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcohn92 View Post

Is it just the angle or do the flagpoles really block the PEPSI sign like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oct251986 View Post
    Theres been lots of talk about lowering the poles for that reason.

Seth
    I'm not so sure lowering the flagpoles will even help. If you take into consideration the angle that people will be viewing the Pepsi sign from, which the majority of will be from below, you will have to lower it so that it's really low like only 10 feet up to stay clear of the Pepsi sign. If anything I think raising the flags higher will get the job done, but then that would look a little weird also.

id just leave the poles alone, the sign is so big it doesnt really make a difference. and besides whats more important, mets penant history and the nations flag or a pepsi ad?
    Lets Go Mets, Jets, Islanders !!!

There's plenty of Shea still left, though you can now walk around basically the entire area of what was the field. Don't know who Gary Cohen was talking to that said everything would be gone come Opening Day.

Quote Originally Posted by nymdan View Post
    There's plenty of Shea still left, though you can now walk around basically the entire area of what was the field. Don't know who Gary Cohen was talking to that said everything would be gone come Opening Day.
    did you happen to take any pictures today dan? i know i only have one more day to go, and i have been there 3 times allready, but pictures are always welcome here

Quote Originally Posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
    did you happen to take any pictures today dan? i know i only have one more day to go, and i have been there 3 times allready, but pictures are always welcome here
    Yeah. Nothing that hasn't been seen (other than the SNY set outside the rotunda for tomorrow's pregame shows), but I did get a few nice shots of the landscaping. I'll post them in a bit.

wow that was fast, dan how far do you live from shea?

Quote Originally Posted by Dishy24 View Post
    Did you guys see this? The ebay auction for the "Madoff seats" ended-- Do you think it ended so high just so the winner could "proudly boast" I have Bernie Madoff's seats??? Pretty stupid to me!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/30181478

Bernie Madoff's Mets' Tickets Sold on eBay For $7,500
    Posted By: Darren Rovell
    Topics:Bernard Madoff | Consumers | Marketing | Advertising | Sports

Bernie Madoff's two tickets for Opening Day at the Mets new stadium Citi Field have sold on eBay for $7,500.

The tickets for tomorrow's game in the Delta Club Platinum level were auctioned off by trustee Irving Picard.

The tickets might have been Madoff's best investment yet. The face value of the tickets are $525 each, meaning the trustee's return on investment was 614 percent.

But that profit of course represents only a small percentage of money that will eventually be seen by investors who lost so much in the ponzi scheme.

It appears as though the tickets themselves had a premium value associated with it because of Madoff's name. A pair of two tickets near the Madoff seats can be had on StubHub for less than $2,000.

RELATED LINKS

Current DateTime: 01:31:26 12 Apr 2009
    LinksList Documentid: 21420660

* CNBC Earnings Central

This is despite the fact that the tickets themselves, as pictured in the auction, don't have Madoff's name on it.

Instead, they have "Sterling" on it, the real estate investment company whose executives, Fred Wilpon and Saul Katz, own the Mets.

Although Wilpon's name is listed 22 times on Madoff's client list, and it's possible that Madoff's connection with Sterling was worth in the $300 million range, the Mets have said that it won't affect their ownership status.

wow I said shea, this is gonna take a while to get used to haha

Blog Entries
    Last edited by jfvmets; 04-12-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFmets09 View Post
    wow that was fast, dan how far do you live from shea?
    15-20 minutes if there's no traffic.

Here's SNY's stage for tomorrow:

Putting the rest on Webshots now.

Awesome first pic, Dan!

Standing in what was approximately shallow CF at Shea, looking toward home plate:

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigMotor View Post
    I would have like to have seen the "NY" logo...looks more retro/old school, and would have really suited Citi..
    thats the yankees thing I like the script. getting back to the pic I seen of the uni's are they going with just the numbers for this year? cause if so I'd have to get an authentic pinstripe wright
    Last edited by BMF; 04-12-2009 at 04:19 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...6078886&ref=ts
    follow me on twitter
    https://twitter.com/reemowilliams

Nice shots. Can't wait to see the rest. One last fix before Opening Day!

Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    Nice shots. Can't wait to see the rest. One last fix before Opening Day!
    Glad you responded, because I almost forgot to post the Webshots link.
    Here: http://sports.webshots.com/album/570996448aMSIci

Glad you responded, because I almost forgot to post the Webshots link.
    Here: http://sports.webshots.com/album/570996448aMSIci
    Great shots Dan! You are the Man!

Many thanks, Dan. Great shots. It's nice to see all the landscaping coming together.

I wonder what a little landscaping would've done for Shea?
    Twenty Seven

Quote Originally Posted by NYBase View Post
    I wonder what a little landscaping would've done for Shea?
    You are joking right? Sheas problem was inside the building.

Quote Originally Posted by BMF View Post
    they going with just the numbers for this year? cause if so I'd have to get an authentic pinstripe wright
    What would make you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan24 View Post
    What would make you think that?
    Someone posted the uni's that were worn in 99 at home for the 30th anniversary.

hopefully not it looks stupid without the names

Quote Originally Posted by Dekabreak View Post
    Remember, in 1999, they were with the modern jerseys, but had the numbers only on the back of the jerseys to commemorate the '69 Amazin' Mets (30th anniversary). The home jerseys, that is. The pinstripe and white jersey looked cool, but the black looked kinda lame.

Hopefully they'll do that for the whole home season like they did in 1999.

Just quoting my post.

Page 562 of 1748 FirstFirst ... 6246251255256056156256356457261266210621562 ... LastLast