Page 1005 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 5505905955995100310041005100610071015105511051505 ... LastLast
Results 25,101 to 25,125 of 43481

Thread: Citi Field

  1. #25101
    I can't wait to see it in person someday. After all the talk of the obstructed views from the stairwells and the ribbon board, it seems like Mets fans are really happy with the new place. I'll reserve judgment until I get a chance to go, even though I still think it was a bad idea to make the place so small
    1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

  2. #25102
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    5,610

    Retraction Notice

    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Maybe this email from the NY Mets will convince you:

    Thank you for your Mets ticket purchase. Attached please find a .pdf file containing your Mets Print-At-Home tickets.
    I feel that I must issue a retraction of my original statement that I had PROOF that the Mets are selling reduced tickets on stubhub.

    I think they are, the circumstantial evidence suggests they might, but it really is not Proof.

    I called the Mets just now and asked them about the Bridge Terrace seats. They told me where they were, so I asked them why I don't see them on mets.com. The agent replied that they are there and gave me the prices for the tiers (something like $27 to $63). I then asked why don't I see them for individual games when I buy single tickets and she told me that they are one of the sections reserved for group sales and when I said I just bought two seats on stubhub, she said it sounded like a great deal

    She said that the group who originally purchased the seats in a group area like the Apple seating may not need all the tickets and they can resell them if there are extras. I asked if the Mets do sell these seats in group areas to individuals and she said "yes, if there are some left the Mets can sell them".
    She also said there is no way of knowing who sold the tickets to me as the seller is protected," so just go and enjoy the game." Which I will !

    Do I think the Mets sold these 'leftover' seats? Yes.
    Do I have proof the Mets sold these? No.

    But it makes me wonder how an account number attached to my name and email was printed on the tickets I received today.

    So I jumped the gun....don't shoot me with it ! And yes, I will enjoy the game!

  3. #25103
    The conspiracy theories around here are absolutely looney.

    I have bought tickets this season on Stub Hub for CBP and CF, both times they came driectly from the respective team. The Phillies even sent me a day-of-game e-mail with the pitching matchup and other info.

    In case you weren't aware, MLB has a partner deal with Stub Hub (all teams except the Red Sox participate). One of the perks of this deal is that teams have control of Stub Hub tickets in their ticketing systems. This way, they can print/reprint tickets at the ballpark if necessary.

    I have been in the CF ticket office when a guy came in claiming his tickets(fancy season ticket stock) weren't scanning at the gate. The Mets rep went into the system and told the guy that the tickets were sold on Stub Hub. The guy claimed his friend (the season ticketholder) gave them to him and told them they were good.
    Last edited by CKNY; 07-30-2009 at 07:17 AM.

  4. #25104
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,275
    Quote Originally Posted by CKNY View Post
    The conspiracy theories around here are absolutely looney.
    I don't think it's looney, like others I will always be suspicious of how the Mets hand out tickets based on their known shady ways (sell the best last, mysterious inventory showing up after "sell out" etc..). I would not be surprised at all if the Mets were in fact selling directly through StubHub.

    What's with the 12:10 start time today - seems pretty early. Got the free game day audio cued up though

  5. #25105
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I don't think it's looney, like others I will always be suspicious of how the Mets hand out tickets based on their known shady ways (sell the best last, mysterious inventory showing up after "sell out" etc..). I would not be surprised at all if the Mets were in fact selling directly through StubHub.

    What's with the 12:10 start time today - seems pretty early. Got the free game day audio cued up though
    They play two games during the summer at 12:10 to accomodate the summer camps, so the camps can stay for the whole game instead of leave int he 7th inning.
    Any baseball-fever people looking for Mets tickets for single dates or a small package for face value for next year, as I will not be able to make all 81 games, send me a PM and we can work something out.

  6. #25106
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dutchess County, NY
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I don't think it's looney, like others I will always be suspicious of how the Mets hand out tickets based on their known shady ways (sell the best last, mysterious inventory showing up after "sell out" etc..). I would not be surprised at all if the Mets were in fact selling directly through StubHub.
    FWIW, I'd bet that all pro sports teams do the same things. I highly doubt that these practices are unique to the Mets.

  7. #25107
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dutchess County, NY
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by EM0909153 View Post
    They play two games during the summer at 12:10 to accomodate the summer camps, so the camps can stay for the whole game instead of leave int he 7th inning.
    I prefer the 12:10 starts when I DO go. It means that when I leave I'll be ahead of the rush hour traffic for my drive home. Can't always say that with the 1:10 starts.

  8. #25108
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I don't think it's looney, like others I will always be suspicious of how the Mets hand out tickets based on their known shady ways (sell the best last, mysterious inventory showing up after "sell out" etc..). I would not be surprised at all if the Mets were in fact selling directly through StubHub.

    What's with the 12:10 start time today - seems pretty early. Got the free game day audio cued up though
    EVen if the Mets (or any team) were selling tickets via SH, what is Shady about it?

    You can buy a Ralph Lauren shirt for full price at his store or at Bloomingdales. When Ralph has excess inventory, he sells it at his outlet for a lesser price or sells it to Century 21/Filenes/TJ Maxx/etc at a deep discount. Bloomingdales will sell the same shirt you paid 80 bucks for to another guy a few weeks later for 60 bucks.

    If you are a smart shopper, you can regularly buy brand new merchandise for way off retail.

    Gordon, I have lurked around here long enough to know you are a smart guy with a firm grasp of supply & demand. Why should a sports team treat their excess inventory any differently than any other type of seller?

  9. #25109
    I was thrilled that they didn't immediately shutter Taste of the City after the game was called. We were hungry, and since no one was in a rush to kick us out, had some dinner before going home. I guess they had food prepared that they either had to sell or toss.

  10. #25110
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    102
    History has been made as this is the first doubleheader at Citi Field, and I believe last night was the first game ever rained out at our new beautiful ballpark .
    LET'S GO METS

  11. #25111
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by marlins739 View Post
    I can't wait to see it in person someday. After all the talk of the obstructed views from the stairwells and the ribbon board, it seems like Mets fans are really happy with the new place. I'll reserve judgment until I get a chance to go, even though I still think it was a bad idea to make the place so small
    just sit higher up in the section and you have no obstructions, also down the right field line, section 507 is the last section before you lose the right field corner so i would keep that in mind. but i was in sec 507 row 13 in seats 19-22 and our view was absolutley perfect of the entire field, scoreboards, everything.

    the small-ness of the stadium is really nice too. me and my friends couldnt belive how close everything felt and how close the other side of the stadium felt to you. everything felt closed in and intimate and less seats actually made the stadium sem more filled. you dont even notice that 14,000 seats were removed. i miss shea but this stadium is great and really nice, just needs mets in it., it severely lacks mets inside the stadium.
    Last edited by GuitarPunk2512; 07-30-2009 at 08:22 AM.
    Lets Go Mets, Jets, Islanders !!!

  12. #25112
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    5,610
    Quote Originally Posted by CKNY View Post
    The conspiracy theories around here are absolutely looney.
    Welcome, CKNY, to baseball fever

    And does this mean that my grainy 8MM home movie showing Fred Wilpon behind the grassy knoll may be a fake?

  13. #25113
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dutchess County, NY
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Welcome, CKNY, to baseball fever

    And does this mean that my grainy 8MM home movie showing Fred Wilpon behind the grassy knoll may be a fake?
    That was Roger McDowell, not Fred W. Don't you watch Seinfeld?

  14. #25114
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,275
    is Santana still pitching monday or did he get bumped to tuesday?

  15. #25115

    Club mets

    hey guys, to access the Audio, we just need to be a Club Mets holder right (which I am)? Did we have to sign up for anything? I logged into the MLB audio using what i thought was the email address linked with Club Mets and no dice...

    Also, should we not buy up tickets on Stubhub that are below face value tonight? Can't we use them for any game? My hunch is that they will be labeled differently so the team will know we didn;t own them for the rained out game? Anyone have tickets from the Hub for tonight that they bought today?
    FORMERLY Section 522 Row 2; Mezz Reserved Row E

  16. #25116
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea1012 View Post
    hey guys, to access the Audio, we just need to be a Club Mets holder right (which I am)? Did we have to sign up for anything? I logged into the MLB audio using what i thought was the email address linked with Club Mets and no dice...

    Also, should we not buy up tickets on Stubhub that are below face value tonight? Can't we use them for any game? My hunch is that they will be labeled differently so the team will know we didn;t own them for the rained out game? Anyone have tickets from the Hub for tonight that they bought today?
    click forgot password and put in your email
    http://www.mlb.com/mediacenter/
    http://mlb.mlb.com/flash/mediaplayer...Grid&team=mlb&

  17. #25117
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    united states.pa
    Posts
    8
    is it against forum rules for me to mention i am looking for tickets and looking to get rid of one ticket for a game?

  18. #25118
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,275
    Quote Originally Posted by skylog View Post
    is it against forum rules for me to mention i am looking for tickets and looking to get rid of one ticket for a game?
    The FBI is bugging your toothbrush as we speak

  19. #25119
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dutchess County, NY
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    is Santana still pitching monday or did he get bumped to tuesday?
    Good question. My guess is that he will bumped.

  20. #25120
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dutchess County, NY
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by skylog View Post
    is it against forum rules for me to mention i am looking for tickets and looking to get rid of one ticket for a game?
    I THINK it's okay as long as you don't say anything about selling.

  21. #25121
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    united states.pa
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by tomzpc View Post
    I THINK it's okay as long as you don't say anything about selling.
    well, i will just keep quiet about everything, it took me forever to get in here. thanks!

  22. #25122
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    580
    Anyone having problems with stubhub, I noticed about an hour ago tomorrow's game which I had posted wasn't my on list of tickets that are active, when I checked the map of sold tickets my tickets were sold, but I have yet to receive the e-mail from stubhub saying the tickets have been sold etc. Very odd.
    Any baseball-fever people looking for Mets tickets for single dates or a small package for face value for next year, as I will not be able to make all 81 games, send me a PM and we can work something out.

  23. #25123
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    united states.pa
    Posts
    8
    going to my first game sunday and i wondering what the best option for parking would be? i should be getting there around 11.30 -12.00 at the latest, altough i am looking to show up earlier if i can get everyone in my group to go along.

    are all the lots way over-priced?

    thanks

  24. #25124
    Nobody has thoughts on buying all the StubHub seats below face and then redeeming them for other games?
    FORMERLY Section 522 Row 2; Mezz Reserved Row E

  25. #25125
    Quote Originally Posted by skylog View Post
    going to my first game sunday and i wondering what the best option for parking would be? i should be getting there around 11.30 -12.00 at the latest, altough i am looking to show up earlier if i can get everyone in my group to go along.

    are all the lots way over-priced?

    thanks
    I park in the street, because I drive alone and meet people there and also go to a lot of games. For one game, with 2-4 people in the car - why would you even worry about it - just split the $18 between the four of you.
    FORMERLY Section 522 Row 2; Mezz Reserved Row E

Page 1005 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 5505905955995100310041005100610071015105511051505 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •