Page 1629 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 629112915291579161916271628162916301631163916791729 ... LastLast
Results 40,701 to 40,725 of 43386

Thread: Citi Field

Hey alpineinc, if you're gonna go messing with my pictures, can you do something with this one so that instead of saying "YANKEE STADIUM" it says "FAKE YANKEE STADIUM FAIL?"

(Photo taken May 16, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
    X
    I wonder what itís like after death. Probíly itís like it is bífore birth. Is it nothing? Non-existence? Thatís not hard tíunderstand, but itís hard for people tíaccept. Itís hard for them to imagine not existing because all of their memories are of their existence, not non-existence. Aní people ainít too crazy about the idea of themselves not existing. - Harvey Pekar, ďShort Weekend: A Story About the Cosmic and the Ordinary,Ē American Splendor #3, 1978.

Quote Originally Posted by alpineinc View Post
    Maybe they'll finally put a real background behind the letters this time, rather than the makeshift tarp they had there (that apparently ripped!). And something needs to be there - can barely see the letters otherwise by day.

One of the biggest early faux pas of Citi, I think. Even with the dark supports, could've been done better, like Comerica or even Progressive. Big "Mets" on top over the open metalwork and maybe the CITI FIELD in the solid area would've been better ->

that looks awsome, good job!!!

Maybe they'll finally put a real background behind the letters this time, rather than the makeshift tarp they had there (that apparently ripped!). And something needs to be there - can barely see the letters otherwise by day.

One of the biggest early faux pas of Citi, I think. Even with the dark supports, could've been done better, like Comerica or even Progressive. Big "Mets" on top over the open metalwork and maybe the CITI FIELD in the solid area would've been better ->

Only the Mets and Citi know the full details of their contract so this may NEVER have been be an option,
    but the logo large and above like that is the way it should have been from day one.

And if the sponsorship contract does indeed state that the "Citi Field" logo would have dominance
    over any Mets logo (as it is the case now), it says a heckuva lot about the folk that negotiated on the team's behalf.

It's stuff like this that makes it no mystery why a major league baseball team in the largest, most lucrative market in sports
    is conducting their affairs like they're the Pittsburgh Pirates (who also have a giant sponsor logo and no team one in their seating bowl).

When it's team first (as an across the board mindset), winning comes with it.
    Last edited by KoosFan; 02-13-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KoosFan View Post
    Only the Mets and Citi know the full details of their contract so this may NEVER have been be an option,
    but the logo large and above like that is the way it should have been from day one.

That would look nice, but with the financial situation that the Wilpon's are in, you're more likely to see billboard ads above the Citi Field scoreboard, than the Mets' logo.
    "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Funny, if you go way, way far back in this thread to the opening of CF, I did some Photoshops where the Met script logo is above the video screen and the main logo is on top of the bridge. All of these ideas are ripoffs I tell you!!

Note how I took out a bunch of ads boards as well. Makes the place much more open and clean looking. Also note the ivy and greenery around the Apple. Huge pet peeve of mine the way it is now.
    citifield_redo.jpg
    Section 521, row 5

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Hey alpineinc, if you're gonna go messing with my pictures, can you do something with this one so that instead of saying "YANKEE STADIUM" it says "FAKE YANKEE STADIUM FAIL?"

(Photo taken May 16, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
    Don't worry, I did the honors....LOLYankee Stadium 3537234343_49dbb1284c_o.jpg
    Not Mommy, not Daddy.....METSIE, METSIE, METSIE.

Quote Originally Posted by met_dream View Post
    Funny, if you go way, way far back in this thread to the opening of CF, I did some Photoshops where the Met script logo is above the video screen and the main logo is on top of the bridge. All of these ideas are ripoffs I tell you!!

Note how I took out a bunch of ads boards as well. Makes the place much more open and clean looking. Also note the ivy and greenery around the Apple. Huge pet peeve of mine the way it is now.
    citifield_redo.jpg
    Respectfully, my friend, when the task is "add prominent Mets logo(s)" to the Citi Field seating bowl,
    there really isn't much one has in the way of creative options without erasing the entire outfield scoreboard mess and starting from scratch.
    But if you are genuine in your indignation about creative theft, for my part, my apologies — no offense was meant.

I just want to see the team i've been rooting for 50 years get its proper respect in its own ballpark.

I'm not a Yankee fan but I give the devil their due, they at least make sure nothing comes before the team, its brand and its heritage.
    well, maybe one thing — winning.
    now that i've said that, pardon me, i need to go gargle and dip my typing fingers in battery acid.
    Last edited by KoosFan; 02-13-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Well, as of Tuesday night, the Jose Reyes picture on the side of the ballpark, near the Left Field Gate, was still up...

(Photo taken November 5, 2011. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

...but I doubt it'll be there come Opening Day. It would be strange to see a banner showing a former Met who is currently playing for another team.

I suppose if he's in any of the murals inside the ballpark they'd have to make some changes there as well.
    Might cost less to just paint a Marlins uniform over his Mets jersey.

I didn't know the season already started :P

Quote Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
    LOL, I just go that one.. Yes its like the saying "Its Opening day and here is the first pitch and the season is over, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
    We told you not to blink!
    X
    I wonder what itís like after death. Probíly itís like it is bífore birth. Is it nothing? Non-existence? Thatís not hard tíunderstand, but itís hard for people tíaccept. Itís hard for them to imagine not existing because all of their memories are of their existence, not non-existence. Aní people ainít too crazy about the idea of themselves not existing. - Harvey Pekar, ďShort Weekend: A Story About the Cosmic and the Ordinary,Ē American Splendor #3, 1978.

Blog Entries
    Obligatory.

Heheh hehehe...
    Put it in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by milladrive View Post
    Heheh hehehe...
    I hate that clip. It makes the franchise look like a laughingstock.
    "Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing." - Warren Spahn

Is this the new 2012 New York Mets announcer???

Obligatory.

Rumors are out there that the newly hired New York Mets announcer, Josh Lewin. Is the same guy who announced the "here's the first pitch, and the season's over!" quote on Family Guy..
    Listen for yourself..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McyXQ...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okXhAC78d4Q

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/ar...aster-jos.html
    "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    Until Fred sells the team and we start winning again, that will be done constantly.
    Just call me a sports fan.

What has taken place at CITI FIELD for the last two seasons is what makes the franchise look like a laughingstock.
    Seth McFarlane > Wilpons
    http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
    Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
    http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

Citi field wall update

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba....1023456?print

took some parts of the articel

In the reshaped Citi Field, the distance to straight away left will be 358 feet, in from 371. Centerfield will remain 408, but the rightcenter field power alley will be 398, just to the right of where the 415 used to hang - the most dramatic big-league playing-field alteration since 2003, when the Tigers' brought in the walls in Comerica from 390 feet to 370 feet.

But perhaps an even more momentous change at Citi will be that the new wall will be eight feet high, from one orange foul pole to the other. If you are scoring at home, that means that a full 238 linear feet (192 in left field and 46 in right) of home run-inhaling 16-foot-high wall is history.

The entire length of the new wall will also change color, from soot black to Shea blue.

Stuart Shea (he's not named after the stadium) is a member of the Society for American Baseball Research and a noted authority on ballpark dimensions and construction, and co-author of a 2009 book, Big League Ballparks.

"The change in wall height is huge," Shea said. "A lot of balls that were doubles for the last three years are going to be home runs this year. Obviously we won't know for sure how it will play until we see it, but it should be very different."

The new walls will allow the Mets' to sell about 150 new seats - 100 of them in left field ó and will accommodate a new group-outing location in leftcenter field the club is calling the Party Deck. The Modell's Clubhouse seating area in rightcenter field will also grow, behind a stretch of chain-link fence.

For now, though, Eric Saretsky, the 49-year-old project manager for the fences and a VP with Sterling Project Development, isn't focused on parties or Mo's or even double and home runs. He just wants to get the wall pieces fabricated, the warp-proof plywood attached to the metal framing, and the four-inch padding attached to the wood.

Saretsky, a childhood friend of Jeff Wilpon's, grew up rooting for the Mets, Cleon Jones in particular.

"As a lifelong Met fan, it's emotionally exciting to do something going to change the look of the ballpark," Saretsky said.

Saretsky and his crew have another some five weeks of work to complete the job. To help their hitters, and pitchers, get a feel for the new dimensions, the Mets have reconfigured Field No. 7 in their spring training complex in Port St. Lucie to mirror the reshaped Citi.

As he finished giving a tour, Wilpon invited two visitors to clamber on a hydraulic lift and take in the view from the new seating area in leftcenter field. Players are already reporting to camp in Florida. Spring brings hope, even for beleaguered franchises. The fences are closer. The Great Wall is gone. In a blue Mets jacket, Wilpon took in the whole spectacle of the ballpark on a gloomy winter day, and liked the view.

"I think fans are going to like (the new dimensions)," Wilpon said. "People would rather see a 9-7 game than a 2-1 game, for one thing. And I think players are going to perform better, and they're going to like that, too."

Jeff Changed his mindset from 2009

Photo gallery
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...545?pmSlide=16
    Attached Images Attached Images

If the height of the wall had just been cut in half it would have made a difference.
    Moving them in this much as well is going to make a HUGE difference.
    This is a very different playing field than the one that's plagued David Wright (and co.) for the last 3 seasons.
    I can't wait to see what happens to the hitters on this team,
    especially when the weather heats up and the ball carries better.

One question, with the start of the season so close it doesn't look like they're building a very permanent structure.
    Is this going to be more like the left field seats and fencing at Shea?
    Last edited by KoosFan; 02-16-2012 at 06:44 AM.

I expected that the construction would have been further along than what's shown in the DN pics, considering the mild, snowless winter we've had. Well, I guess it really doesn't matter as long as it's done by opening day.
    First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by CHiller View Post
    I expected that the construction would have been further along than what's shown in the DN pics, considering the mild, snowless winter we've had. Well, I guess it really doesn't matter as long as it's done by opening day.
    Yea what are these guys doing. This project has alot of work still to go?? It will be a mad dash to get it done.. They took the padding off the wall 3 months ago and nothing has changed..

It wouldn't be funny if it didn't have a degree of truth to it. Family Guy is often an accurate mirror of society, and this is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post

"I think fans are going to like (the new dimensions)," Wilpon said. "People would rather see a 9-7 game than a 2-1 game, for one thing.
    Ha, pretty dumb thing to say. Maybe Jeff doesn't know baseball all that well?

Blog Entries
    Clip or no clip, the Mets are laughinstock no matter what way you slice it.

Everything they've done over the last several years is either wrong, backwards, misguided, or a genuine mistake. Anyway I'll lay off that stuff so I don't get the old boot.
    What are peoples thoughts on the wall color back to blue? Will this cover just the 3rd base and 1st base side as well?

Quote Originally Posted by KoosFan View Post
    If the height of the wall had just been cut in half it would have made a difference.
    Moving them in this much as well is going to make a HUGE difference.
    This is a very different playing field than the one that's plagued David Wright (and co.) for the last 3 seasons.
    I can't wait to see what happens to the hitters on this team,
    especially when the weather heats up and the ball carries better.

One question, with the start of the season so close it doesn't look like they're building a very permanent structure.
    Is this going to be more like the left field seats and fencing at Shea?

Am I the only one who thinks moving LF in 13' is going overboard? Citi Field will now be only marginally larger than Citizens Bank Park, almost universally derided as a bandbox. Yet this makes people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by grimthorpe View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks moving LF in 13' is going overboard? Citi Field will now be only marginally larger than Citizens Bank Park, almost universally derided as a bandbox. Yet this makes people happy.
    Well, not really. Here's an overlay with the original Citi dimensions. Sketch in the new walls for Citi, and I think you'll see that CBP is still a lot smaller...

Citi_vs_CBP_withdistances.jpg
    ESPN Home Run Tracker
    Home run distances for every home run hit in MLB

http://www.hittrackeronline.com

Page 1629 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 629112915291579161916271628162916301631163916791729 ... LastLast