Page 1633 of 1745 FirstFirst ... 633113315331583162316311632163316341635164316831733 ... LastLast
Results 40,801 to 40,825 of 43601

Thread: Citi Field

Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    Man, that does not look very safe, I have to say. Not sure I'd want my family on that scaffold on game day with scores of rowdy fans.
    I am sure it is completely safe. However, I can see some issues with fans interfering with the ball by leaning over the fence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    Man, that does not look very safe, I have to say. Not sure I'd want my family on that scaffold on game day with scores of rowdy fans.
    Well it will be good to know that this is the 2012 Mets, so there won't be much of that rowdiness going on to begin with.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by alpineinc View Post
    Railings going up.

those seats will go at a premium during the home run derby (if they have the 2013 all star game as rumored)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    ...Citi Field has different air circulation patterns than Shea...How are baseball stored at Citi Field? Are they stored in a humidor like Coors Field?
    ...I felt the air at Citi Field felt different
    the central difference has been the loss of a top pitcher and the thin-ness of the rest of the staff, hitters not adjusting and management mis-managment (player moves, medical staff and financial dealings.
    the visiting teams haven't had a problem winning there.
    leave the "conspiracy" theories to olly stone.
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    Could humidity be affecting fly balls at Citi Field?
    According to hittrackeronline.com, the average homerun at CF in 2011 traveled 399 feet, a few feet further than the MLB average. That is skewed by the deeper fences (fewer 330 foot HRs), but comparing the distances of the deepest HRs at CF with other sea-level ballparks, both the number and the distances, there does not seem to be evidence that the ball travels any differently at CF than the other parks.

Hey Guys-
    Haven't checked in in quite a while... Just wanted to share some news... I received an email today from my rep:

Hi Tricia,

Congratulations!

You were selected as one of our Amazin’ Mets Perks winners and have won:

TAKE THE FIELD: Take the field and meet a Mets player at his position at the start of a 2012 Mets home game.

I will be reaching out to you with additional details shortly.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Although Gavin & I were hoping it was the trip to FL to attend spring training games, it was still pretty cool to win something!! For the record, I still have my 4 seats in 416, row 5. So, if anybody is interested in purchasing any games from me, shoot me an email at Dishy24@aol.com

Take care & LGM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dishy24 View Post
    Hey Guys-
    Haven't checked in in quite a while... Just wanted to share some news... I received an email today from my rep:

Hi Tricia,

Congratulations!

You were selected as one of our Amazin’ Mets Perks winners and have won:

TAKE THE FIELD: Take the field and meet a Mets player at his position at the start of a 2012 Mets home game.

I will be reaching out to you with additional details shortly.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Although Gavin & I were hoping it was the trip to FL to attend spring training games, it was still pretty cool to win something!! For the record, I still have my 4 seats in 416, row 5. So, if anybody is interested in purchasing any games from me, shoot me an email at Dishy24@aol.com

Take care & LGM!!!
    Congrats, Dishy! And nice to see you back on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    I am sure it is completely safe. However, I can see some issues with fans interfering with the ball by leaning over the fence.
    Not any more so that it is already. The railing isn't the home run wall and doesn't seem any lower than the one on the higher wall. I guess the main difference is that the left fielder might actually be able to reach the railing whereas before he'd need a trampoline or a jet pack to do so.

I wonder what they'll name that section.

Railings going up.

It might be an illusion caused by the angle but doesn't the warning track in this area look a little large?

Quote Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
    I wonder what they'll name that section.

It's called the "Party Deck" (for now, until a sponsor comes along)....

Citi Party Deck.jpg
    Not Mommy, not Daddy.....METSIE, METSIE, METSIE.

Quote Originally Posted by KoosFan View Post
    It might be an illusion caused by the angle but doesn't the warning track in this area look a little large?
    It may be that the fence will not attach directly to the new structure, but be in front of it by a foot or two in order to make home run calls a little easier.
    First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by Petemc1969 View Post

Citi Party Deck.jpg
    Party Deck seems so unimaginative. I guess this is going to be only available as group tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Petemc1969 View Post

Citi Party Deck.jpg
    Let's take guesses as to whose name will go there.

Home Depot / Lowe's / Ace Hardware?
    Carnival Cruises? Circle Line?
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Party Deck seems so unimaginative. I guess this is going to be only available as group tickets?
    If so, it'll likely be empty most of this year. We'll see security guys running after home run balls.

But, "Left Field Wall" is also on the Single Game Pricing list, so who knows? Maybe single ticket sales if no Group Sales that day?

As for sponsors, maybe Party City? Or the H&R Block-Party Deck?

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...ed:i=1.3576095
    Records: Mets' income drops at Citi Field

Hundreds of pages of documents, which Newsday obtained under the Freedom of Information Law from New York City, provide a partial window into the cash flow of the franchise, whose owners are dealing with financial challenges because of fallout from the $50-billion fraud committed by Bernard Madoff .

I completely forgot they are also changing the color of the fence. Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Hopefully it adds a bit of color to this drab ballpark.

IMO the three decks in left field is beyond hideous. It should have been one deck with the big scoreboard on top of it. Center field should have been left open. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    Let's take guesses as to whose name will go there.

Home Depot / Lowe's / Ace Hardware?
    Carnival Cruises? Circle Line?
    The Prozac Porch

The Prozac Porch
    Chico's Bail Bonds.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Citi with the new blue fences.

Those blue walls with orange strip look great!
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Citi with the new blue fences.

How accurate is this? With the exception of the brick backstop, are they indeed changing all the lower walls to blue/orange, including foul territory?
    Last edited by KoosFan; 03-04-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KoosFan View Post
    How accurate is this? With the exception of the brick backstop, are they indeed changing all the lower walls to blue/orange, including foul territory?
    I would say its very accurate.
    This will be the wall color
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post
    That looks terrific, both familiar and reminiscent of the Shea heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post
    Big "duh" moment on my part as I was only thinking about the outfield walls and not what was happening up the foul lines.
    This should actually look very cool in real life:

MLB The Show CF 2012.jpg

Page 1633 of 1745 FirstFirst ... 633113315331583162316311632163316341635164316831733 ... LastLast