Page 1662 of 1744 FirstFirst ... 66211621562161216521660166116621663166416721712 ... LastLast
Results 41,526 to 41,550 of 43591

Thread: Citi Field

Weather damage apparently took the first one down last year. Guess they took their sweet ass time taking the rest down.

Quote Originally Posted by 04golf View Post
    the mets should complete the blue walls all around the field. Looks much better with the blue
    Gotta get the Post or the Daily News on that bandwagon. If it becomes a news story, the Mets will respond.

Quote Originally Posted by 04golf View Post
    the mets should complete the blue walls all around the field. Looks much better with the blue
    That what I thought as well until I saw the wall in person on opening day. The black wall in foul territory should help the umpires call plays more clearly.

Exactly 2 Miles From Babe Ruth's Final Resting Place
    I was there for the opener this year (a rarity for me). Aside from missing two FULL innings, crawling on the highway & driving around from lot to lot looking for one that was open to park my car ..... the ballpark looked great! The blue walls add some MUCH needed color. The Party City Porch in left makes that whole side of the field more intimate & "Shea-ish". I'd love to see the next change be the seat colors, but I'm sure that's not on the Mets management's radar. Swapping out the 'Boring Drab Green' seat color for Mets colors would help make the place stand out more from all the other retro parks with these same dark green seats. Last, I agree that stopping the blue walls from pole to pole looks a bit awkward. Guess that was the Mets Brass giving the fans exactly what they wanted, but JUST to the 'letter of the law', so to speak. I believe the black pads are also new, so it's NOT like they cut a corner & didn't make them blue to save a few bucks by NOT replacing them....? I don't understand why, unless it was their way of telling Mets fans 'we tossed you a bone' with the blue OF walls, but we still want some black pads to remain everywhere else.

Why not make the job look right & make ALL the padded walls blue, totally from end to end? I just don't get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan3783 View Post
    The blue outfield walls actually fit in well with the stadium. It's still early, but I think the Mets made the right decision on this one. Also, the uniforms look great. Much better than the ones with the black drop shadow.

Great job (as always) Gary on the Opening Day pics. I was SO pissed that we got to our seats as late as we did that I never even took MY camera out of its bag! Thanks for the photo of me & my son FINALLY in our seats, Sir!!

Note: The glove .... my ORIGINAL (1st) glove from my Little League days - (Spalding Joe Torre model, circa 1975-ish) resting on the seat in front of me. Obviously, a leftie was batting when you took this photo ... thus why I am not wearing it at that moment!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (157.0 KB, 534 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (88.5 KB, 526 views)
    Last edited by RichieA13; 04-08-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    ------------------------------------------
    www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
    www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
    www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    That what I thought as well until I saw the wall in person on opening day. The black wall in foul territory should help the umpires call plays more clearly.
    I'm starting to think I like the black blue combo. They contrast each other well to make he blue really pop out. Also, I think if the originally height had been left and the walls changed to blue it would have been too much...The 8ft blue really works well

I went to the game this afternoon. Here's the bullpen from overlooking the new wall in right-center field.

The new Mo's Zone in right field.

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Looks like catching a ball in the new Mo Zone seating is out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFan View Post
    Probably more a precaution against injuries during batting practice when fans aren't paying as much attention.

I'm sure they put up the netting for safety/legal reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    I wonder if the new wall is enough to cause obstructed view issues again for the opposing team. Was that extra bench added there recently to try to solve that problem?

Also, with the new space available in the bullpen due to the new wall, could it be possible to reposition the bullpens so that they are now straight as opposed to being diagonal?
    Last edited by RayNY; 04-08-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post

That bullpen area is a mess.

They should just totally gut that whole area and redesign it.

With the fences brought in there's no excuse not to make it a clean, organized, simple and functional design.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

That is something that should've been planned when they redesigned the walls. Right off the bat the seating area on the opposing team's side could've been in that gap area. And with the extra space from the new wall, it looks like there's enough room to have made the bullpens straight north/south instead of that awkward diagonal position. There was plenty of time to have done this so the fact that they did not tells me they don't plan on it.

Quote Originally Posted by KoosFan View Post
    Probably more a precaution against injuries during batting practice when fans aren't paying as much attention.
    The mesh over the Mo Zone is mostly to trap balls that would bounce or fall from the Pepsi Porch or its facade, either in BP or during the game, so definitely there for precaution's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by ProAm500 View Post
    I'm starting to think I like the black blue combo. They contrast each other well to make he blue really pop out. Also, I think if the originally height had been left and the walls changed to blue it would have been too much...The 8ft blue really works well
    I'm liking the combo as well. Makes the blue stand out and the black fade into the back a bit, both behind and on the sides, but the new blue dugouts (and the Mets sign on the big scoreboard) tie it in without being blue overkill.

7048965615_ebe4b13bc0_b.jpg

7048967195_d78dec0a0e_b.jpg

The netting is angled downward and there is a space between the netting and fence designed FOR the balls to drop down into the Mo Zone for fans to retrieve. Jeff Wilpon was on some SNY show in the Mo Zone going over the changes to the ballpark and it was demonstrated how it works. Someone hit a ball from the field to the MoZone, the ball went into the netting, then down to the space and into the waiting hands of Jeff. (Wonder how many times they had to do that before he actually caught it?)

I know this goes against the grain here, but I liked the old Great Wall of Flushing - it was a really classic element that stood Citi Field apart and made it instantly recognized on television. Great job by the architects, now ruined by Alderson's Folly out there in left - that platform mess with all the "party" signage. Very San Diego. Blech. My eyes, they burn!
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Quote Originally Posted by jnakamura View Post
    That bullpen area is a mess.

They should just totally gut that whole area and redesign it.

With the fences brought in there's no excuse not to make it a clean, organized, simple and functional design.
    AGREED!!!

sheep.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    I know this goes against the grain here, but I liked the old Great Wall of Flushing - it was a really classic element that stood Citi Field apart and made it instantly recognized on television. Great job by the architects, now ruined by Alderson's Folly out there in left - that platform mess with all the "party" signage. Very San Diego. Blech. My eyes, they burn!
    No way!! Totally disagree here,, that high wall was a bad idea from the get go.. Since u dont like anything to do with Citi why praise that hideous idea now??

Was watching the news and they had a tour with Fred Wilpon of the new walls and he threw a ball up there and the ball rolls down the net and drops down a little opening into the Mo Zone so the fans can get the ball. Thought that was pretty cool.

Wow, looks like someone actually gave it some thought. Very nice.

Captain Kirk gives us our first good look at the ball-delivery mechanism in the Mo's Zone. It looked pretty smooth, gives fans a great chance to get right under the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgweiss View Post
    Captain Kirk gives us our first good look at the ball-delivery mechanism in the Mo's Zone. It looked pretty smooth, gives fans a great chance to get right under the ball.
    Bounces off the MoZone sign. Last year, that would not have been a homer.

So count 2 home runs thanks to the new dimensions.

Hi all! I'm not sure if this should go in this thread or the one about the tickets and concessions. If it's in the wrong thread, then I apologize. I just have a question about getting to Citi Field on Wednesday, by LIRR.

If I buy a one way LIRR ticket from Huntington or Brentwood to Jamaica, does that allow me to transfer to Woodside, or can I only transfer with a round trip ticket? I plan on buying a one way ticket because after the game I may be able to take the 7 right to Woodside for the 5:58 train to Huntington, without going to Jamaica. The other times I've rode the LIRR to Citi Field, I ended up riding the train back to 42nd St, then walked to Penn Station, because I was unsure how to get home from Woodside. So much time was wasted doing that.

Also, once I get to Jamaica, I get a train to Port Washington, correct?

Thanks for your help!
    "Well, the place I love best is a sweet memory. It's a new path that we trod" R.I.P. Shea

No! Keep the Apple!
    Now build a shorter wall in front of the real wall!
    Now paint the wall electric blue!
    Now let's put some color on those drab seats!

Who says you need years of training – and talent – to design a ballpark?

The Homer.jpegHomer 2.jpegimages.jpeg
    Last edited by New Yorker; 04-10-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by richiek View Post
    Bounces off the MoZone sign. Last year, that would not have been a homer.

So count 2 home runs thanks to the new dimensions.
    Wright hit it to almost that exact spot last year for an out. With this years walls it would of been a grand slam walk off.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...75541&c_id=mlb

Page 1662 of 1744 FirstFirst ... 66211621562161216521660166116621663166416721712 ... LastLast