Page 2078 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 1078157819782028206820762077207820792080208821282178 ... LastLast
Results 41,541 to 41,560 of 44970

Thread: Citi Field

  1. #41541
    I know this goes against the grain here, but I liked the old Great Wall of Flushing - it was a really classic element that stood Citi Field apart and made it instantly recognized on television. Great job by the architects, now ruined by Alderson's Folly out there in left - that platform mess with all the "party" signage. Very San Diego. Blech. My eyes, they burn!
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

  2. #41542
    Quote Originally Posted by jnakamura View Post
    That bullpen area is a mess.

    They should just totally gut that whole area and redesign it.

    With the fences brought in there's no excuse not to make it a clean, organized, simple and functional design.
    AGREED!!!

    sheep.jpg

  3. #41543
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    I know this goes against the grain here, but I liked the old Great Wall of Flushing - it was a really classic element that stood Citi Field apart and made it instantly recognized on television. Great job by the architects, now ruined by Alderson's Folly out there in left - that platform mess with all the "party" signage. Very San Diego. Blech. My eyes, they burn!
    No way!! Totally disagree here,, that high wall was a bad idea from the get go.. Since u dont like anything to do with Citi why praise that hideous idea now??

  4. #41544
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFan View Post
    Looks like catching a ball in the new Mo Zone seating is out of the question.
    Was watching the news and they had a tour with Fred Wilpon of the new walls and he threw a ball up there and the ball rolls down the net and drops down a little opening into the Mo Zone so the fans can get the ball. Thought that was pretty cool.

  5. #41545
    Wow, looks like someone actually gave it some thought. Very nice.

  6. #41546
    Captain Kirk gives us our first good look at the ball-delivery mechanism in the Mo's Zone. It looked pretty smooth, gives fans a great chance to get right under the ball.

  7. #41547
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgweiss View Post
    Captain Kirk gives us our first good look at the ball-delivery mechanism in the Mo's Zone. It looked pretty smooth, gives fans a great chance to get right under the ball.
    Bounces off the MoZone sign. Last year, that would not have been a homer.

    So count 2 home runs thanks to the new dimensions.

  8. #41548
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    51
    Hi all! I'm not sure if this should go in this thread or the one about the tickets and concessions. If it's in the wrong thread, then I apologize. I just have a question about getting to Citi Field on Wednesday, by LIRR.

    If I buy a one way LIRR ticket from Huntington or Brentwood to Jamaica, does that allow me to transfer to Woodside, or can I only transfer with a round trip ticket? I plan on buying a one way ticket because after the game I may be able to take the 7 right to Woodside for the 5:58 train to Huntington, without going to Jamaica. The other times I've rode the LIRR to Citi Field, I ended up riding the train back to 42nd St, then walked to Penn Station, because I was unsure how to get home from Woodside. So much time was wasted doing that.

    Also, once I get to Jamaica, I get a train to Port Washington, correct?

    Thanks for your help!
    "Well, the place I love best is a sweet memory. It's a new path that we trod" R.I.P. Shea

  9. #41549
    No! Keep the Apple!
    Now build a shorter wall in front of the real wall!
    Now paint the wall electric blue!
    Now let's put some color on those drab seats!

    Who says you need years of training – and talent – to design a ballpark?

    The Homer.jpegHomer 2.jpegimages.jpeg
    Last edited by New Yorker; 04-10-2012 at 08:16 AM.

  10. #41550
    Quote Originally Posted by richiek View Post
    Bounces off the MoZone sign. Last year, that would not have been a homer.

    So count 2 home runs thanks to the new dimensions.
    Wright hit it to almost that exact spot last year for an out. With this years walls it would of been a grand slam walk off.

    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...75541&c_id=mlb

  11. #41551
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea_goodbye View Post
    Hi all! I'm not sure if this should go in this thread or the one about the tickets and concessions. If it's in the wrong thread, then I apologize. I just have a question about getting to Citi Field on Wednesday, by LIRR.

    If I buy a one way LIRR ticket from Huntington or Brentwood to Jamaica, does that allow me to transfer to Woodside, or can I only transfer with a round trip ticket? I plan on buying a one way ticket because after the game I may be able to take the 7 right to Woodside for the 5:58 train to Huntington, without going to Jamaica. The other times I've rode the LIRR to Citi Field, I ended up riding the train back to 42nd St, then walked to Penn Station, because I was unsure how to get home from Woodside. So much time was wasted doing that.

    Also, once I get to Jamaica, I get a train to Port Washington, correct?

    Thanks for your help!
    No, the port washington branch is the only branch that does not go through Jamaica. If your going from huntington or brentwood to citi field you have to buy a ticket to mets-willets point, it will say via woodside on it. Take the train to woodside and transfer for the port washington train to citi field right across the platform. Going home if your going to port washington just get on a train heading that way at citi field since its on that particular branch. If your going back to huntington or brentwood take it back to woodside and transfer there.

  12. #41552
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hour from Citi
    Posts
    5,196
    Quote Originally Posted by CFmets09 View Post
    Was watching the news and they had a tour with Fred Wilpon of the new walls and he threw a ball up there and the ball rolls down the net and drops down a little opening into the Mo Zone so the fans can get the ball. Thought that was pretty cool.
    Yeah, holes where the net is fastened along the front, so can drop into any one of them. Kirk's actually shot into a hole, like a pinball machine, lol.

    Here's a vid with Jeff.

    http://web.sny.tv/media/video.jsp?co...y_20384889&v=3

  13. #41553
    The Party Deck is starting to grow on me. However, the retired numbers on that wall are really starting to annoy me. Such an afterthought. How they could allow those to stay there is beyond me. Those numbers should be hoisted somewhere in a spot that stands out and more importantly not blocked by fans on the deck.

    I really hope this is temporary. I like what they did with the banners (hanging from the Promenade).

  14. #41554
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by li7039 View Post
    No, the port washington branch is the only branch that does not go through Jamaica. If your going from huntington or brentwood to citi field you have to buy a ticket to mets-willets point, it will say via woodside on it. Take the train to woodside and transfer for the port washington train to citi field right across the platform. Going home if your going to port washington just get on a train heading that way at citi field since its on that particular branch. If your going back to huntington or brentwood take it back to woodside and transfer there.
    The schedule on the LIRR site says that I have to transfer at Jamaica and Woodside from Huntington, if I buy a ticket to Mets-Willets Point. Once I get to Jamaica, what train do I get on to go to Woodside?
    "Well, the place I love best is a sweet memory. It's a new path that we trod" R.I.P. Shea

  15. #41555
    Quote Originally Posted by Shbmets View Post
    The Party Deck is starting to grow on me. However, the retired numbers on that wall are really starting to annoy me. Such an afterthought. How they could allow those to stay there is beyond me. Those numbers should be hoisted somewhere in a spot that stands out and more importantly not blocked by fans on the deck.

    I really hope this is temporary. I like what they did with the banners (hanging from the Promenade).
    I feel the same way. The retired numbers are the ultimate honor a team can bestow.
    It goes way beyond the team Hall Of Fame, etc. simply because they number so few.
    That status mandates a certain reverential respect.
    Having them where they currently are seems to diminish them and their meaning.
    Kind of like having lawn chairs in the middle of Monument Park at YS.

    Just feels very wrong.
    They really need to be moved and I still feel that the best place is above Shea Bridge.

  16. #41556
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Citi Field Sec 15/11, 326/2
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by KoosFan View Post
    The retired numbers are the ultimate honor a team can bestow. ... They really need to be moved and I still feel that the best place is above Shea Bridge.
    Agree, except I think they should be hanging below the Shea Bridge, not over it. Where those Dunkin Donuts / Wise Potato Chips ads are.



    Kirk Nieuwenhuis - first AB by robardin, on Flickr


    But unfortunately those ads are exactly why they won't be placed there any time soon, especially not mid-season, not when they're primo ad space in view of every fan watching the game and in every pic of the ballfield.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

  17. #41557
    Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    Agree, except I think they should be hanging below the Shea Bridge, not over it. Where those Dunkin Donuts / Wise Potato Chips ads are.



    Kirk Nieuwenhuis - first AB by robardin, on Flickr


    But unfortunately those ads are exactly why they won't be placed there any time soon, especially not mid-season, not when they're primo ad space in view of every fan watching the game and in every pic of the ballfield.
    That definitely would be the best spot.

  18. #41558
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    near JFK airport ,NYC
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    Agree, except I think they should be hanging below the Shea Bridge, not over it. Where those Dunkin Donuts / Wise Potato Chips ads are.



    Kirk Nieuwenhuis - first AB by robardin, on Flickr


    But unfortunately those ads are exactly why they won't be placed there any time soon, especially not mid-season, not when they're primo ad space in view of every fan watching the game and in every pic of the ballfield.

    not only that but those ads and the two above the OOT scoreboard
    are LOCKED into a 5 to 10 years contract
    I have notice that most of the others ads were replace from year 1 to 2 to 3
    except for those in that RF area and the bud sign in CF
    Last edited by drdg; 04-10-2012 at 02:55 PM.

  19. #41559
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea_goodbye View Post
    The schedule on the LIRR site says that I have to transfer at Jamaica and Woodside from Huntington, if I buy a ticket to Mets-Willets Point. Once I get to Jamaica, what train do I get on to go to Woodside?
    Westbound trains, for the most part, platform on Tracks 1, 2, and 3 at Jamaica. The train that takes you from Huntington to Jamaica does not stop at Woodside. The conductor on your train will tell you on which track the train to Woodside will arrive. The Woodside train MAY not be a direct connection, but may arrive 5 minutes or so after you arrive in Jamaica. (You get off your train at Jamaica and wait 5 minutes). And one more thing... it may not be the FIRST train that arrives after you in Jamaica. The signs on each platform will scroll a list of stations that the next train will stop at. Just make sure the train you board stops at Woodside.

    The train to Woodside will stop at Platform B. Conveniently, the train to Mets-Willets Point also leaves from Platform B, but will be heading in the opposite direction (as you are going West to go to Woodside then back east to get to Mets / Willets Point). You wait there for the train to Port Washington. Just follow the other Mets fans. You won't be alone.

    One note... They will not hold the Port Washington Train. Therefore, if your train is late getting to Woodside, and the next train isn't for a half hour or so, you might as well just take the 7.

    And yes, I'd take the 7 train to Woodside after the game. I wouldn't want to miss my eastbound train because I had to wait for a westbound train at Mets / Willets Point. Remember, trains from Woodside to Jamaica (and other points east NOT on the Port Washington Branch) leave from Platform A.

    You may simply want to buy a round trip ticket from Huntington to Woodside, and ride the 7 train from Woodside to CitiField. Your return trip in the PM (if it is indeed at 5:58 PM) will be a PEAK ticket. You can always buy an off-peak Round Trip and pay the step up fare onboard the train w/o paying the fee on your way home.


    Cheers!
    -Doug
    Last edited by dstoffa; 04-10-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

  20. #41560
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by KoosFan View Post
    I feel the same way. The retired numbers are the ultimate honor a team can bestow.
    It goes way beyond the team Hall Of Fame, etc. simply because they number so few.
    That status mandates a certain reverential respect.
    Having them where they currently are seems to diminish them and their meaning.
    Kind of like having lawn chairs in the middle of Monument Park at YS.

    Just feels very wrong.
    They really need to be moved and I still feel that the best place is above Shea Bridge.
    I also agree – this is something I've been saying for a while now.

    Right now the retired numbers on the outfield wall read like this: Delta, New Era, Caesars, Mets Retired Numbers, W.B. Mason, Party City Party City Party City x100, Budweiser, Verizon, Citi, etc. Get the picture? Putting them in the same mix with all those ads just completely diminishes the prestige that the retired numbers are meant to evoke.

    Personally I think the numbers would look best on the balcony of the Acela Club/Restaurant (in lieu of the Geico ad that resides there now). Similar to the way it's at AT&T Park and Target Field. And it would be close by to the banners as well which would make the banners and numbers look more unified.




    3912700957_64c16b5131.jpg

    minn_stadium2.jpg

Page 2078 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 1078157819782028206820762077207820792080208821282178 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •