Page 1663 of 1748 FirstFirst ... 66311631563161316531661166216631664166516731713 ... LastLast
Results 41,551 to 41,575 of 43676

Thread: Citi Field

Quote Originally Posted by Shea_goodbye View Post
    Hi all! I'm not sure if this should go in this thread or the one about the tickets and concessions. If it's in the wrong thread, then I apologize. I just have a question about getting to Citi Field on Wednesday, by LIRR.

If I buy a one way LIRR ticket from Huntington or Brentwood to Jamaica, does that allow me to transfer to Woodside, or can I only transfer with a round trip ticket? I plan on buying a one way ticket because after the game I may be able to take the 7 right to Woodside for the 5:58 train to Huntington, without going to Jamaica. The other times I've rode the LIRR to Citi Field, I ended up riding the train back to 42nd St, then walked to Penn Station, because I was unsure how to get home from Woodside. So much time was wasted doing that.

Also, once I get to Jamaica, I get a train to Port Washington, correct?

Thanks for your help!
    No, the port washington branch is the only branch that does not go through Jamaica. If your going from huntington or brentwood to citi field you have to buy a ticket to mets-willets point, it will say via woodside on it. Take the train to woodside and transfer for the port washington train to citi field right across the platform. Going home if your going to port washington just get on a train heading that way at citi field since its on that particular branch. If your going back to huntington or brentwood take it back to woodside and transfer there.

Quote Originally Posted by CFmets09 View Post
    Was watching the news and they had a tour with Fred Wilpon of the new walls and he threw a ball up there and the ball rolls down the net and drops down a little opening into the Mo Zone so the fans can get the ball. Thought that was pretty cool.
    Yeah, holes where the net is fastened along the front, so can drop into any one of them. Kirk's actually shot into a hole, like a pinball machine, lol.

Here's a vid with Jeff.

http://web.sny.tv/media/video.jsp?co...y_20384889&v=3

The Party Deck is starting to grow on me. However, the retired numbers on that wall are really starting to annoy me. Such an afterthought. How they could allow those to stay there is beyond me. Those numbers should be hoisted somewhere in a spot that stands out and more importantly not blocked by fans on the deck.

I really hope this is temporary. I like what they did with the banners (hanging from the Promenade).

Quote Originally Posted by li7039 View Post
    No, the port washington branch is the only branch that does not go through Jamaica. If your going from huntington or brentwood to citi field you have to buy a ticket to mets-willets point, it will say via woodside on it. Take the train to woodside and transfer for the port washington train to citi field right across the platform. Going home if your going to port washington just get on a train heading that way at citi field since its on that particular branch. If your going back to huntington or brentwood take it back to woodside and transfer there.
    The schedule on the LIRR site says that I have to transfer at Jamaica and Woodside from Huntington, if I buy a ticket to Mets-Willets Point. Once I get to Jamaica, what train do I get on to go to Woodside?
    "Well, the place I love best is a sweet memory. It's a new path that we trod" R.I.P. Shea

Quote Originally Posted by Shbmets View Post
    The Party Deck is starting to grow on me. However, the retired numbers on that wall are really starting to annoy me. Such an afterthought. How they could allow those to stay there is beyond me. Those numbers should be hoisted somewhere in a spot that stands out and more importantly not blocked by fans on the deck.

I really hope this is temporary. I like what they did with the banners (hanging from the Promenade).
    I feel the same way. The retired numbers are the ultimate honor a team can bestow.
    It goes way beyond the team Hall Of Fame, etc. simply because they number so few.
    That status mandates a certain reverential respect.
    Having them where they currently are seems to diminish them and their meaning.
    Kind of like having lawn chairs in the middle of Monument Park at YS.

Just feels very wrong.
    They really need to be moved and I still feel that the best place is above Shea Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by KoosFan View Post
    The retired numbers are the ultimate honor a team can bestow. ... They really need to be moved and I still feel that the best place is above Shea Bridge.
    Agree, except I think they should be hanging below the Shea Bridge, not over it. Where those Dunkin Donuts / Wise Potato Chips ads are.

Kirk Nieuwenhuis - first AB by robardin, on Flickr

But unfortunately those ads are exactly why they won't be placed there any time soon, especially not mid-season, not when they're primo ad space in view of every fan watching the game and in every pic of the ballfield.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    Agree, except I think they should be hanging below the Shea Bridge, not over it. Where those Dunkin Donuts / Wise Potato Chips ads are.

But unfortunately those ads are exactly why they won't be placed there any time soon, especially not mid-season, not when they're primo ad space in view of every fan watching the game and in every pic of the ballfield.
    That definitely would be the best spot.

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post

not only that but those ads and the two above the OOT scoreboard
    are LOCKED into a 5 to 10 years contract
    I have notice that most of the others ads were replace from year 1 to 2 to 3
    except for those in that RF area and the bud sign in CF
    Last edited by drdg; 04-10-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea_goodbye View Post
    The schedule on the LIRR site says that I have to transfer at Jamaica and Woodside from Huntington, if I buy a ticket to Mets-Willets Point. Once I get to Jamaica, what train do I get on to go to Woodside?
    Westbound trains, for the most part, platform on Tracks 1, 2, and 3 at Jamaica. The train that takes you from Huntington to Jamaica does not stop at Woodside. The conductor on your train will tell you on which track the train to Woodside will arrive. The Woodside train MAY not be a direct connection, but may arrive 5 minutes or so after you arrive in Jamaica. (You get off your train at Jamaica and wait 5 minutes). And one more thing... it may not be the FIRST train that arrives after you in Jamaica. The signs on each platform will scroll a list of stations that the next train will stop at. Just make sure the train you board stops at Woodside.

The train to Woodside will stop at Platform B. Conveniently, the train to Mets-Willets Point also leaves from Platform B, but will be heading in the opposite direction (as you are going West to go to Woodside then back east to get to Mets / Willets Point). You wait there for the train to Port Washington. Just follow the other Mets fans. You won't be alone.

One note... They will not hold the Port Washington Train. Therefore, if your train is late getting to Woodside, and the next train isn't for a half hour or so, you might as well just take the 7.

And yes, I'd take the 7 train to Woodside after the game. I wouldn't want to miss my eastbound train because I had to wait for a westbound train at Mets / Willets Point. Remember, trains from Woodside to Jamaica (and other points east NOT on the Port Washington Branch) leave from Platform A.

You may simply want to buy a round trip ticket from Huntington to Woodside, and ride the 7 train from Woodside to CitiField. Your return trip in the PM (if it is indeed at 5:58 PM) will be a PEAK ticket. You can always buy an off-peak Round Trip and pay the step up fare onboard the train w/o paying the fee on your way home.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Last edited by dstoffa; 04-10-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

I feel the same way. The retired numbers are the ultimate honor a team can bestow.
    It goes way beyond the team Hall Of Fame, etc. simply because they number so few.

Just feels very wrong.
    They really need to be moved and I still feel that the best place is above Shea Bridge.
    I also agree – this is something I've been saying for a while now.

Right now the retired numbers on the outfield wall read like this: Delta, New Era, Caesars, Mets Retired Numbers, W.B. Mason, Party City Party City Party City x100, Budweiser, Verizon, Citi, etc. Get the picture? Putting them in the same mix with all those ads just completely diminishes the prestige that the retired numbers are meant to evoke.

Personally I think the numbers would look best on the balcony of the Acela Club/Restaurant (in lieu of the Geico ad that resides there now). Similar to the way it's at AT&T Park and Target Field. And it would be close by to the banners as well which would make the banners and numbers look more unified.

3912700957_64c16b5131.jpg

minn_stadium2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Westbound trains, for the most part, platform on Tracks 1, 2, and 3 at Jamaica. The train that takes you from Huntington to Jamaica does not stop at Woodside. The conductor on your train will tell you on which track the train to Woodside will arrive. The Woodside train MAY not be a direct connection, but may arrive 5 minutes or so after you arrive in Jamaica. (You get off your train at Jamaica and wait 5 minutes). And one more thing... it may not be the FIRST train that arrives after you in Jamaica. The signs on each platform will scroll a list of stations that the next train will stop at. Just make sure the train you board stops at Woodside.

The train to Woodside will stop at Platform B. Conveniently, the train to Mets-Willets Point also leaves from Platform B, but will be heading in the opposite direction (as you are going West to go to Woodside then back east to get to Mets / Willets Point). You wait there for the train to Port Washington. Just follow the other Mets fans. You won't be alone.

One note... They will not hold the Port Washington Train. Therefore, if your train is late getting to Woodside, and the next train isn't for a half hour or so, you might as well just take the 7.

And yes, I'd take the 7 train to Woodside after the game. I wouldn't want to miss my eastbound train because I had to wait for a westbound train at Mets / Willets Point. Remember, trains from Woodside to Jamaica (and other points east NOT on the Port Washington Branch) leave from Platform A.

You may simply want to buy a round trip ticket from Huntington to Woodside, and ride the 7 train from Woodside to CitiField. Your return trip in the PM (if it is indeed at 5:58 PM) will be a PEAK ticket. You can always buy an off-peak Round Trip and pay the step up fare onboard the train w/o paying the fee on your way home.

Cheers!
    -Doug

I meant to respond to this last night, but forgot. Anyway, thanks a lot for the info. This was very helpful getting to and from the game today.
    "Well, the place I love best is a sweet memory. It's a new path that we trod" R.I.P. Shea

Did the Mets do away with the black uniforms? I haven't been able to watch all the games but from the clips I've seen, no black. I hope they got rid of those.

I'm also liking the no black outlines on the lettering of the white and pinstripe uniforms. Looks so much cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
    Did the Mets do away with the black uniforms? I haven't been able to watch all the games but from the clips I've seen, no black. I hope they got rid of those.

I'm also liking the no black outlines on the lettering of the white and pinstripe uniforms. Looks so much cleaner.
    I believe the black uniforms are still active. They probably won't wear them much this season, if at all. I believe it will be replaced by a blue jersey (similar to their batting practice jersey) next season. Ditching the black shadows was a good move, the uniform looks much better now.

The black jerseys will only be worn on the road. The new blue jersey will be similar to the "Los Mets" jersey in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by richiek View Post
    The new blue jersey will be similar to the "Los Mets" jersey in 2011.
    Is this the jersey you speak of?
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    Is this the jersey you speak of?
    No, the los Mets jersey has orange piping on the front and sleevesDickeyBlue.png

Just feels very wrong.
    I have always felt they belonged above the centerfield scoreboard in place of the "lets go mets" sign. That sign just seemes so random to me. Would much rather see a neon Mets sign in place of some of the ad's on the RF scoreboard but of course we know the Wilpons will never remove ad's.

Exactly what I was thinking when I went to the game yesterday! The "Let's go Mets" sign looks cheaply made. I think they should do what the Rockies did in Coors Field, except put the retired #'s. Would look so much better!!
    That awkward moment when you are off 1 dollar buying something

Quote Originally Posted by drdg View Post
    not only that but those ads and the two above the OOT scoreboard
    are LOCKED into a 5 to 10 years contract
    I have notice that most of the others ads were replace from year 1 to 2 to 3
    except for those in that RF area and the bud sign in CF
    they are running out of open space to relocate non-revenue generating signage, the pennants are shunted off to a spot that they probably can't sell.
    when it comes down to it, $$$'s will win out over sentiment...
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

Quote Originally Posted by nycthebest14345 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking when I went to the game yesterday! The "Let's go Mets" sign looks cheaply made. I think they should do what the Rockies did in Coors Field, except put the retired #'s. Would look so much better!!
    besides the cost of having larger signs made, they probably don't want "shea" near the citi sign
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

ugh. At least with the Tigers, its next to the fans but its in a position where its not being blocked by anything. At least I think its not.
    That awkward moment when you are off 1 dollar buying something

I don't get it. Every player on every team is wearing the same number that stands in the Jackie Robinson Rotunda. It makes no sense! Why would players on all those teams wear number 42 if Robinson never played for them??

Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    I don't get it. Every player on every team is wearing the same number that stands in the Jackie Robinson Rotunda. It makes no sense! Why would players on all those teams wear number 42 if Robinson never played for them??
    The obsession that every single MLB owner has with the Dodgers is ridiculous! Enough with these Dodger tributes!
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Yes. Guess all those owners just can't hide their love of the Brooklyn Dodgers. Why don't they honor players who actually, like, played for their team? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jackie Robinson never played for the Phillies. Why are they all wearing 42 when they could be wearing number 20 for Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt?? Hello McFly!
    Last edited by New Yorker; 04-15-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    Yes. Guess all those owners just can't hide their love of the Brooklyn Dodgers. Why don't they honor players who actually, like, played for their team? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jackie Robinson never played for the Phillies. Why are they all wearing 42 when they could be wearing number 20 for Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt?? Hello McFly!
    Because Bud Selig decided this is what all teams would do to recognize Robinson. Fifteen years ago, Shea Stadium hosted his wife with President Clinton. Selig decided on that day this is how it would be for all teams with 42 retired.

On that day a 55,000 seat stadium was required.
    Last edited by WEB; 04-15-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Page 1663 of 1748 FirstFirst ... 66311631563161316531661166216631664166516731713 ... LastLast