Page 2133 of 2255 FirstFirst ... 1133163320332083212321312132213321342135214321832233 ... LastLast
Results 42,641 to 42,660 of 45081

Thread: Citi Field

Citi Field hosting canned food drive:

The Mets announced they will hold a Food Drive Wednesday, November 14 from 9:00 am 5:00 pm at Citi Field to benefit New Yorkers in need.

Fans can drop off their food donation inside the Hodges VIP entrance next to the Mets Team Store.

Fans donating 10 items or more of nonperishable nutritious food will receive a voucher redeemable for one pair of tickets to a select Mets game in April, 2013. Donors will also receive 15 percent off select merchandise at the Mets Team Store at Citi Field. Season Ticket Holders who donate food can show their ID card to get 20 percent off select items.

The discount will only be honored Wednesday, November 14.

Among the items most needed are: canned fruit and vegetables, plastic jars of peanut butter, packages of hot or cold cereal, and packages of macaroni and cheese. Items that will not be accepted are: unlabeled, expired, or dented cans; any open packaging; products that need to be refrigerated; or homemade products.
    http://metsblog.com/metsblog/mets-to...n-november-14/
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

The Mets made a donation to the Human Fund...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman 26 View Post
    The Mets made a donation to the Human Fund...
    Fred Wilpon does remind me of Mr. Kruger:

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    Citi Field hosting canned food drive
    "Can, ha-ha" - Chef Of The Future

X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Michigan Lacrosse team to Play Colgate at Citi field in 2013

http://laxmagazine.com/blogs/author/...rey_McLaughlin

The Michigan athletic department prides itself on being the "leaders and best." Well, the Wolverines 2013 men's lacrosse schedule certainly underscores that fact, with some outside the box thinking.

Listed on Michigan's schedule are a pair of neutral-site stadium games in new areas (and arenas): March 17 versus Colgate at Citi Field in Flushing, Queens, home of the New York Mets, and March 2 versus Army at Sun Life Stadium, home of the Miami Dolphins.

That's right, lacrosse in Queens.

Since it opened in 2009, Citi Field has, aside from Mets games, hosted Paul McCartney and Dave Matthews Band concerts (one of which I attended) and an Ecuador vs. Greece soccer match that drew nearly 40,000 people. But never lacrosse. Might it be sacrilegious mixing the two springtime sports, lacrosse and baseball? Evidently not.

A Michigan spokesperson said the university has a very close relationship with the Wilpon family, which owns the Mets. Fred Wilpon, the Mets' majority owner, is a 1958 Michigan graduate and the Wolverines' baseball complex in Ann Arbor dons the Wilpon name.

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post
    Michigan Lacrosse team to Play Colgate at Citi field in 2013

http://laxmagazine.com/blogs/author/...rey_McLaughlin

The Michigan athletic department prides itself on being the "leaders and best." Well, the Wolverines 2013 men's lacrosse schedule certainly underscores that fact, with some outside the box thinking.

Listed on Michigan's schedule are a pair of neutral-site stadium games in new areas (and arenas): March 17 versus Colgate at Citi Field in Flushing, Queens, home of the New York Mets, and March 2 versus Army at Sun Life Stadium, home of the Miami Dolphins.

That's right, lacrosse in Queens.

Since it opened in 2009, Citi Field has, aside from Mets games, hosted Paul McCartney and Dave Matthews Band concerts (one of which I attended) and an Ecuador vs. Greece soccer match that drew nearly 40,000 people. But never lacrosse. Might it be sacrilegious mixing the two springtime sports, lacrosse and baseball? Evidently not.

A Michigan spokesperson said the university has a very close relationship with the Wilpon family, which owns the Mets. Fred Wilpon, the Mets' majority owner, is a 1958 Michigan graduate and the Wolverines' baseball complex in Ann Arbor dons the Wilpon name.
    that's good
    but I can't wait for that first American football game
    high school, college or NFL to be play at the city field

Quote Originally Posted by drdg View Post
    that's good
    but I can't wait for that first American football game
    high school, college or NFL to be play at the city field
    No, they shouldn't do that. Football is for football stadiums.

If they want to play football anywhere in this area, they should use MetLife Stadium. It was BUILT for football!

There's no logical reason to play football at Citi Field, because it wasn't built for it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    No, they shouldn't do that. Football is for football stadiums.

If they want to play football anywhere in this area, they should use MetLife Stadium. It was BUILT for football!

There's no logical reason to play football at Citi Field, because it wasn't built for it.
    true
    but I would love to see at least ONE football game
    just like in YS

Quote Originally Posted by drdg View Post
    true
    but I would love to see at least ONE football game
    just like in YS
    So would i...
    Fan of The NY Mets!

^ I wouldn't. It ruins the purity of building baseball-only parks. Even if it's only for one game. And it also runs the risk of damaging the field. (There've been several times I've been to Citi after they had those soccer games, and you can still see the outline of the soccer pitch on the baseball diamond.)

And in the end, there's simply no *reason* to do it. It would be just a gimmick - a joke. Why risk damaging the stadium just for a one-off lark?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

A football game was scheduled to be played at Citi Field in 2009...

...but due to low ticket sales the venue was moved from Citi Field to Hofstra University in Hempstead, Long Island, NY.

I was particuarly disappointed that the game was moved, because I had a very good seat location - Sterling section 15, row 1, seat 5 - the very first row, directly behind home plate. This may not have been a good location for football, but it would have been my first opportunity to see Citi Field from the front row behind the plate, and I was eagerly looking forward to getting pictures from that perspective.

(By the way, Las Vegas won the game, 41-10. Attendance: 4,392.)
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    A football game was scheduled to be played at Citi Field in 2009...

There was a certian irony to the fact that while the New York Sentinels were going to play the Las Vegas Locos at Citi Field, the Yankees were winning the World Series in the Bronx that night...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister B. View Post
    There was a certian irony to the fact that while the New York Sentinels were going to play the Las Vegas Locos at Citi Field, the Yankees were winning the World Series in the Bronx that night...
    good observation
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

of course there is - $$$'s, moolah, scratch - whatever u wanna call it
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

^ I wouldn't. It ruins the purity of building baseball-only parks. Even if it's only for one game. And it also runs the risk of damaging the field. (There've been several times I've been to Citi after they had those soccer games, and you can still see the outline of the soccer pitch on the baseball diamond.)

And in the end, there's simply no *reason* to do it. It would be just a gimmick - a joke. Why risk damaging the stadium just for a one-off lark?
    what kind of damage?
    ooh, those big brutes might bruise the field surface?
    if you don't obsess about the lines, they'll be gone after a few mowings...
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

This is from Metsblog. Another way to help our nieghbors in need. And if you needed any extra incentive, some donations qualify for free tix and store discounts.

"The Mets will hold a Food Drive Wednesday, November 14 from 9:00 am 5:00 pm at Citi Field to benefit New Yorkers in need.

Both Dillon Gee and Bobby Parnell will assist in the food drive at Citi Field from 11:30 am 12:15 pm, and will be at at the Volunteer Firehouse at 204-30 Rockaway Boulevard in Breezy Point from 1:30 3:00 pm to deliver brooms, shovels and bottled water.

Fans can drop off their food donation inside the Hodges VIP entrance next to the Mets Team Store.

Fans donating 10 items or more of nonperishable nutritious food will receive a voucher redeemable for one pair of tickets to a select Mets game in April, 2013. Donors will also receive 15 percent off select merchandise at the Mets Team Store at Citi Field. Season Ticket Holders who donate food can show their ID card to get 20 percent off select items.

The discount will only be honored Wednesday, November 14.

Among the items most needed are: canned fruit and vegetables, plastic jars of peanut butter, packages of hot or cold cereal, and packages of macaroni and cheese. Items that will not be accepted are: unlabeled, expired, or dented cans; any open packaging; products that need to be refrigerated; or homemade products.

Fans dropping off food may park in Lot G on 126th Street between the Right Field Gate and Roosevelt Avenue."

Today, I was at Citi Field today for the canned food drive with City Harvest.

I entered through the Hodges entrance, dropped off my canned goods before exiting through the Payson entrance. I then went into the gift shop which had been re-organized.

Jason Bay shirts being cleared out:

The custom jersey section has been moved and the custom hat section is gone. The kids section has also been moved.

New Mets alternate blue uniforms in the store:

I dislike this object. It's a licensed MLB mouse that cost a lot with some cheap knock-off Chinese batteries included.
    Not even using Duracells but cheap "Lusty" batteries.

The Shea home run apple was damaged and the player banners on the light poles had been removed:

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    I dislike this object. It's a licensed MLB mouse that cost a lot with some cheap knock-off Chinese batteries included.
    Not even using Duracells but cheap "Lusty" batteries.
    Blue would have turned red if he had seen how much they were asking for the mouse - $49.99. Lust doesn't come cheap...
    X

Not sure if mentioned here before, but Google Maps has finally entered a few panoramic street scenes of Citi, four to be exact, only on 126th St at the right field entrance (as I just alluded to in the Shea thread). The rest surrounding the stadium area are from December 2007. Pretty cool, check it out.

citigv.jpg

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...ed=0CCsQ8gEwAA

If all goes well, it looks like Gil, Casey, Tom, Jackie, and Bill will be getting some company in about ten years.

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2133 of 2255 FirstFirst ... 1133163320332083212321312132213321342135214321832233 ... LastLast