X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • met_dream
    Citifield Sec 522 row 6
    • Nov 2008

I just checked weather underground, and as is customary to the area this time of year and much of spring and early summer, the winds are coming straight out of the North, Northeast at 12mph, which is not a windy day around here. The Mets often play baseball in the spring with winds out of the NNE at 15-30 mph. Home plate faces directly NNE at Citi. Do the math.

I might also add that at times, the wind blew straight out into Right field at Shea since it faced due east. Sometimes the wind blew straight off Flushing Harbor from the North Northwest and jetisoned balls to Right. I saw way more balls die in left center at Shea than anywhere else.
    Last edited by met_dream; 03-01-2012, 10:05 AM.
    Section 521, row 5

Comment

• Blue387
      Ya gotta believe
      • Jul 2010

Could humidity be affecting fly balls at Citi Field?
      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• alpineinc
        Behind the bag BSGD Mod
        • Nov 2006

Railings going up.

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball.
        Over 2500 followers, including Howie Rose, Keith Olbermann, NYT baseball writer Tyler Kepner

https://twitter.com/behindthebag

Comment

• Strawman
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by alpineinc View Post
          Railings going up.

Man, that does not look very safe, I have to say. Not sure I'd want my family on that scaffold on game day with scores of rowdy fans.
          Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• mandrake
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
            Man, that does not look very safe, I have to say. Not sure I'd want my family on that scaffold on game day with scores of rowdy fans.
            I am sure it is completely safe. However, I can see some issues with fans interfering with the ball by leaning over the fence.

Comment

• Jim Vaz
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
              Well it will be good to know that this is the 2012 Mets, so there won't be much of that rowdiness going on to begin with.

Comment

• thrill5one6
                Mr. Met
                • Feb 2009

Railings going up.

:cap: those seats will go at a premium during the home run derby (if they have the 2013 all star game as rumored) :cap:

Comment

• Paul W
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                  ...Citi Field has different air circulation patterns than Shea...How are baseball stored at Citi Field? Are they stored in a humidor like Coors Field?
                  ...I felt the air at Citi Field felt different
                  the central difference has been the loss of a top pitcher and the thin-ness of the rest of the staff, hitters not adjusting and management mis-managment (player moves, medical staff and financial dealings.
                  the visiting teams haven't had a problem winning there.
                  leave the "conspiracy" theories to olly stone.
                  the turd in the punchbowl
                  reality really sucks.
                  enjoy the game more...

Comment

• D-Dubs
                    D-Die Hard
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                    Could humidity be affecting fly balls at Citi Field?
                    According to hittrackeronline.com, the average homerun at CF in 2011 traveled 399 feet, a few feet further than the MLB average. That is skewed by the deeper fences (fewer 330 foot HRs), but comparing the distances of the deepest HRs at CF with other sea-level ballparks, both the number and the distances, there does not seem to be evidence that the ball travels any differently at CF than the other parks.

Comment

• Dishy24
                      Prom Club 416
                      • Aug 2008

Hey Guys-
                      Haven't checked in in quite a while... Just wanted to share some news... I received an email today from my rep:

Hi Tricia,

Congratulations!

You were selected as one of our Amazin’ Mets Perks winners and have won:

TAKE THE FIELD: Take the field and meet a Mets player at his position at the start of a 2012 Mets home game.

I will be reaching out to you with additional details shortly.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Although Gavin & I were hoping it was the trip to FL to attend spring training games, it was still pretty cool to win something!! For the record, I still have my 4 seats in 416, row 5. So, if anybody is interested in purchasing any games from me, shoot me an email at [email protected]

Take care & LGM!!!

Comment

• johnql
                        CF 415, Row 1
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Dishy24 View Post
                        Hey Guys-
                        Haven't checked in in quite a while... Just wanted to share some news... I received an email today from my rep:

Hi Tricia,

Congratulations!

You were selected as one of our Amazin’ Mets Perks winners and have won:

TAKE THE FIELD: Take the field and meet a Mets player at his position at the start of a 2012 Mets home game.

I will be reaching out to you with additional details shortly.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Although Gavin & I were hoping it was the trip to FL to attend spring training games, it was still pretty cool to win something!! For the record, I still have my 4 seats in 416, row 5. So, if anybody is interested in purchasing any games from me, shoot me an email at [email protected]

Take care & LGM!!!
                        Congrats, Dishy! And nice to see you back on the boards.

Comment

• erlovepuck
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                          I am sure it is completely safe. However, I can see some issues with fans interfering with the ball by leaning over the fence.
                          Not any more so that it is already. The railing isn't the home run wall and doesn't seem any lower than the one on the higher wall. I guess the main difference is that the left fielder might actually be able to reach the railing whereas before he'd need a trampoline or a jet pack to do so.

Comment

• RayNY
                            • Feb 2009

I wonder what they'll name that section.
                            STOP ABUSING COFFEE

Comment

• KoosFan
                              • Dec 2008

Railings going up.

It might be an illusion caused by the angle but doesn't the warning track in this area look a little large?

Comment

• Petemc1969
                                RF Reserve 103 - Row 13
                                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by RayNY View Post
                                I wonder what they'll name that section.

It's called the "Party Deck" (for now, until a sponsor comes along)....

Citi Party Deck.jpg
                                Not Mommy, not Daddy.....METSIE, METSIE, METSIE.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X