X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RayNY
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by esternberg387 View Post
    I was at Citi for an interview today so I took a pic of the stairs from the street level... looks like the same tacky paint as the field level at Shea. Also, every staircase that I saw was orange, no signs of any blue yet.

I would've gotten a pic of the bullpens, but there's nothing really to see. The area's just a bunch of dirt right now.

]
    :disbelief:
    Just as I imagined. Tacky, ugly, doesn't fit with the overall design of Citi Field. And this is what so many of you guys were crying for. What's next - alternating orange and blue stairs? Hell let's just all perm our hair, wear acid washed jean jackets, and watch Top Gun on the big screen and call it a day.
    STOP ABUSING COFFEE

Comment

• nymdan
      • Mar 2007

That looks terrible, as expected.

Comment

• Anubis2051
        Bleeds Pinstripes
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by RayNY View Post
        :disbelief:
        Just as I imagined. Tacky, ugly, doesn't fit with the overall design of Citi Field. And this is what so many of you guys were crying for. What's next - alternating orange and blue stairs? Hell let's just all perm our hair, wear acid washed jean jackets, and watch Top Gun on the big screen and call it a day.
        Hey, take it easy on Top Gun! say what you will about anything else, but leave Top Gun out of it!

But in all seriousness, this is the first coat, things might look a lot better when everything is finished. I wish they could put up some team murals or pictures in the stairwells, that would be a lot cooler than just some team colored paint.

Comment

• Ralf
          • Dec 2007

The Wilpons really just don't get it. Its so frustrating to watch and endure.

Comment

• piazza3142
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by nymdan View Post
            That looks terrible, as expected.
            Yes, it does. But at the end of the day it's still a stairwell. A stairwell that isn't gray anymore, which is good, right?

Comment

• Strawman
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by piazza3142 View Post
              Yes, it does. But at the end of the day it's still a stairwell. A stairwell that isn't gray anymore, which is good, right?
              Relax, it's clearly left over from the Halloween decorations out there...
              Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• nyce475
                37 - 14 - 41 - 42 - SHEA
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                The McCartney CD comes out tomorrow. Beast Buy has an "exclusive" where, in addition to the 2 audio CDs and 1 DVD, you get an additional DVD and "an expanded booklet with high-quality exclusive photos." According to Beast Buy, the bonus DVD includes the complete David Letterman (Ed Sullivan Theater) marquee performance (seven songs), personal footage of Paul and crew back stage, en route to Citi Field, exclusive footage of Paul performing the Beatles "I'm Down" commemorating the 1965 Historic Shea Stadium Concert, and Flip camera photos taken by fans in and around the stadium surrounding the concert. Price for the whole kit and kaboodle is $19.99.

As much as I'm loathe to promote Beast Buy, I think the "exclusive" package is a good deal.
                Hey Gary...whats the matter with Best Buy? They are the reason I am able to attend any games to being with. I have been employed by them for almost 7 years. Good company to work for I must say.
                The NY Mets - We do have a pretty good history!

World Champions 1969 & 1986
                NL Champions 1969, 1973, 1986, 2000
                NL East Champions 1969, 1973, 1986, 1988, 2006
                NL Wild Card Winner 1999 & 2000

Quest to see them all: The Trop, Sun Life, Metrodome, Fenway, The Ted, Camden Yards, The Vet, Citizens Bank, New Yankee, Minute Maid, SkyDome, Nats Park, The Jake, PNC, Old Yankee, Shea, Comerica, Great American

Comment

• RayNY
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
                  Hey, take it easy on Top Gun! say what you will about anything else, but leave Top Gun out of it!
                  Haha I actually love Top Gun. One of my favorites. But I just couldn't think of any other movie that was so iconic in the 80's in all it's glorified cheesiness.
                  STOP ABUSING COFFEE

Comment

• RayNY
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ralf View Post
                    The Wilpons really just don't get it. Its so frustrating to watch and endure.
                    I'm with you on that.
                    STOP ABUSING COFFEE

Comment

• alpineinc
                      Behind the bag BSGD Mod
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Shea1012 View Post
                      So, now that the first offer has been made by the Mets, how many of you have already or will be paying up by early Decemebr?
                      Spoke to my new rep today. He was firm about the Dec 4th payment for locking in to a full season (and not being able to back out), no exceptions (just like my old rep last year), so, although he said he'd scramble for the best seats he could find throughout my section, I'll probably go to partial - I keep my rep and FST's go to the "head of the line" for partials according to him. We'll see...

I have a small amount paid towards my balance already, from some of my StubHub sales this past season going directly into my account. Unlike pre-paid playoff amounts from past years, I can apply it to any type of plan without risk of forfeiture, so that's good.

He also told me the "early Saturday/Sunday" for FST's is likely being allowed in 3 to 3 1/2 hours early, he wasn't sure yet.

I also asked about changes in Citi itself, re: satellite Shake Shacks, more drafts, etc. but he told me he had no idea about any of that, except of course the Club changes we already know about.

Lastly, he expected partials info to be out in a week or so.

That's it for now, I told him I'd keep in touch, lol.

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball.
                      Over 2500 followers, including Howie Rose, Keith Olbermann, NYT baseball writer Tyler Kepner

https://twitter.com/behindthebag

Comment

• foulpole
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RayNY View Post
                        Haha I actually love Top Gun. One of my favorites. But I just couldn't think of any other movie that was so iconic in the 80's in all it's glorified cheesiness.
                        "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

Comment

• majorleads
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by citifaithful View Post
                          Can't win. People complained ALL YEAR how bad the staircases look. I went to A LOT of games and heard that comment from friends or just overhearing other fans. I personally didn't mind all that much but could see what they meant. It felt incomplete. Now that they're putting some team colors on there, it's tacky. That's what some people have been saying all along! About staircases, especially with seats. The Wilpons are crazy and do some stupid things, no doubt. But fans give them crap for no reason fairly often. This new park represents that. Not that all complaints aren't accurate they are. But some aren't. And the staircases being orange is one thing. They're just listening to surveys and feedback. So the fans created this.

Problem with the surveys and feedback is the majority of fans don't care enough about how the staircases look or whether or not Dwight Gooden's picture is slapped on the wall. Those surveys and feedback they get are from people who will make the Wilpon's life a living hell. Most fans are not filling out surveys. And complaining about obstructed views is one thing, but the color of a staircase is absolutely ridiculous.

The same people who complain about the staircases are probably the ones who spend all nine innings walking around the park with a magnifying glass looking for something to complain about. (in between waiting on line for an hour to get that deliciously overpriced and highly overrated food) Watch the game!

Comment

• tugger
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                            No you wouldn't, 'cos you wouldn't be able to compete against the anti-trust exemption.

The idea that pro sports is 'free market' is intensely laughable - it's as capitalist as the "companies" in Communist China. The fix is in.
                            so why do you bother with it? I've heard there are other things to do in NYC.

Comment

• nymdan
                              • Mar 2007

The official website of the New York Mets with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

So, something like the Delta Club, that was half empty all year... the Mets only lower the prices there by about $5 per game?

What are they smoking?

Comment

• bigmac70
                                Prom Box 409
                                • Oct 2008

I'd asked my rep if they were goign to raise the seats in the 1st row of the Promenade Reserved and got the following reply

"I do understand your concern about the 1st Row in the Promenade Reserved. Unfortunately the space does not allow us to raise it up there because it would then affect Row 2"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X