X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dstoffa
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by robardin View Post
    I was very happy participating in both the tickets related thread, and the purely ballpark related thread (like where I posted pics earlier of the potential views from Promenade Club section seats). I don't know why the mods felt the need to merge the two threads to make one uber-thread, I thought it was useful to have them be separate, and would gladly support re-separation (though I don't think the merged history could be re-separated, at least forward going discussion could be).
    Mods merged the threads because there were too many complaints of too many New York threads.... so now there is one thread to rule them all....
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• johnql
      CF 415, Row 1
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by dstoffa View Post
      Mods merged the threads because there were too many complaints of too many New York threads.... so now there is one thread to rule them all....
      If that's true, why are there multiple Yankee Stadium threads?

Comment

• johnql
        CF 415, Row 1
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by robardin View Post
        What 2 week stipulation is this? Are you referring to the clause, "The tickets exchanged must be returned 14 days prior to the game date"? That just means they have to receive your returned original season tix by 14 days before the exchaned (turned in) game.
        Yes, that's what I was referring to and we both understand it the same way. I'm just saying that 7 days would have been more advantageous to the STH, but I can understand the Mets wanting more time to re-sell the exchanged tickets.

Comment

• dstoffa
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by johnql View Post
          If that's true, why are there multiple Yankee Stadium threads?
          Well, there are three Yankee Stadiums, no? Original, Renovated, and new....

I never said the choice was logical. I am simply repeated the excuses given to us when we complained about the merged threads.... We were even told by one moderator to re-start a ticketing thread, only for that thread to get locked down....

Resistance is futile...

Discuss both modern and historic <a href="http://www.baseball-almanac.com/stadium.shtml">Ballparks</a>.

Discuss both modern and historic <a href="http://www.baseball-almanac.com/stadium.shtml">Ballparks</a>.

The trash heap has spoken.....

Cheers!
          -Doug
          20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• johnql
            CF 415, Row 1
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by dstoffa View Post
            Well, there are three Yankee Stadiums, no? Original, Renovated, and new....

I never said the choice was logical. I am simply repeated the excuses given to us when we complained about the merged threads.... We were even told by one moderator to re-start a ticketing thread, only for that thread to get locked down....

Resistance is futile...

The trash heap has spoken.....

Cheers!
            -Doug
            For the record, I don't have a problem with the multiple YS threads, either. I was just pointing out the illogic of merging the CF threads when so many YS threads exist. There are at least 8 YS threads (just on the first few pages of this forum): YS I, YS I (Renovation), YS I (Demolition), YS I (Post-Renovation), YS Frieze, YS II, 1923 YS 3D Renderings, and Heritage Field.

Comment

• alpineinc
              Behind the bag BSGD Mod
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by New Yorker View Post
              Another plea to the moderators: yes, please make these ticket threads go away! I come to this section of Baseball Fever to read about ballparks, including Citi Field. Having 85% of postings discussing boring ticket plans, ticket prices, available tickets, where to get tickets, etc. is not consistent with the spirit of this section of Baseball Fever. If I was interested in ticket prices, I'd have become an accountant or a broker.

Please, please, please end this tedious, dull nonsense.
              You're new here.

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball.
              Over 2500 followers, including Howie Rose, Keith Olbermann, NYT baseball writer Tyler Kepner

https://twitter.com/behindthebag

Comment

• alpineinc
                Behind the bag BSGD Mod
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DN4L View Post
                Because only pathetic losers would buy only one ticket to a game, and go by themselves...
                Once you're into your thirties or later, it's hard to get friends organized to go to a game (family, work, etc.). My 3 lifelong best friends are in Philly, Charlotte and Wisconsin. Fiancee doesn't like baseball. Daughter is grown. So, when you gotta go, you gotta go, and I love it. Plus with a smart phone I can tweet or text my friends about it while I'm there anyway. Good excuse to hang in different areas of the stadium too. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball.
                Over 2500 followers, including Howie Rose, Keith Olbermann, NYT baseball writer Tyler Kepner

https://twitter.com/behindthebag

Comment

• JohnCropp
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by alpineinc View Post
                  Once you're into your thirties or later, it's hard to get friends organized to go to a game (family, work, etc.). My 3 lifelong best friends are in Philly, Charlotte and Wisconsin. Fiancee doesn't like baseball. Daughter is grown. So, when you gotta go, you gotta go, and I love it. Plus with a smart phone I can tweet or text my friends about it while I'm there anyway. Good excuse to hang in different areas of the stadium too. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!
                  I agree.

I've gone alone plenty of times and enjoy it just the same.

Comment

• WASLOGE8
                    • Nov 2008

Anyway, I was happy as a clam a couple of weeks ago when we were able to secure 6 OD tix in 517-10 from the box office. But..... I was talking to one of my friends on Sunday and we decided, based on the long term forecast and the fact that it was shaping up to be a buyers market, to sell our seats and look for seats with club access in case of the weather, and to also give us better beer selections. I put the tix up on CL for what we paid for them, went to my daughters lax game, and when I got back, someone who lived near me wanted the tix. Ten minutes later, the tix were gone and we needed six.
                    This is what we ended up with...
                    Order Date: 04-05-2011
                    Event: Washington Nationals at New York Mets Tickets (Mets
                    Opening Day)
                    Venue: Citi Field, Flushing, NY
                    Date: 04-08-2011 04:10 PM EST
                    (Event time subject to change. Check local listings.)
                    Quantity: 6
                    Section: 324
                    Row: 4
                    ----------------------------------------
                    BILLING INFORMATION

Price Per Ticket: $77.00
                    Quantity: x 6

Subtotal: $462.00

Service Fee: + $46.20
                    eDelivery Services: + $4.95
                    Discount: - $0.00

Comment

• mandrake
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by WASLOGE8 View Post
                      Anyway, I was happy as a clam a couple of weeks ago when we were able to secure 6 OD tix in 517-10 from the box office. But..... I was talking to one of my friends on Sunday and we decided, based on the long term forecast and the fact that it was shaping up to be a buyers market, to sell our seats and look for seats with club access in case of the weather, and to also give us better beer selections. I put the tix up on CL for what we paid for them, went to my daughters lax game, and when I got back, someone who lived near me wanted the tix. Ten minutes later, the tix were gone and we needed six.
                      This is what we ended up with...
                      Order Date: 04-05-2011
                      Event: Washington Nationals at New York Mets Tickets (Mets
                      Opening Day)
                      Venue: Citi Field, Flushing, NY
                      Date: 04-08-2011 04:10 PM EST
                      (Event time subject to change. Check local listings.)
                      Quantity: 6
                      Section: 324
                      Row: 4
                      BILLING INFORMATION

Price Per Ticket: $77.00
                      Quantity: x 6

Subtotal: $462.00

Service Fee: + $46.20
                      eDelivery Services: + $4.95
                      Discount: - $0.00

Are you going out to Anaheim again this year?

Comment

• Blue387
                        Ya gotta believe
                        • Jul 2010

I was looking at some ticket specials for the Mets and compared it to the Yankees ticket specials. I believe there's one Yankee special the Mets should emulate:

SENIOR CITIZEN GAMES TICKET SPECIAL **
                        Senior citizens (60 and older) can purchase $5 tickets in designated seating locations for select Monday through Thursday games.* Tickets are available for purchase ONLY on the day of the game, beginning two hours before the scheduled start time of the game, at Yankee Stadium Ticket Windows, subject to availability. All tickets are first come, first served. A valid form of identification must be presented at the time of purchase.
                        The Senior Citizen Games Ticket Special can be purchased at the Yankee Stadium ticket office.
                        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Jim Vaz
                          • Oct 2007

I find it kind of refreshing that this is the first time in several years or more where you're not worrying so much about this ballpark. Two years ago it was the anticipation building for the the new park and then all the criticism that followed, last year it was the McFadden's and all the improvements over year one, and really this year other then on here, there is no buzz going about the park. We haven't played a game there yet, but have are we finally starting to settle into this place?

Comment

• richiek
                            • Nov 2009

Great win tonight. Supposing the Mets win the series against the Phillies, do you think that will mean a bump in ticket sales when they come back home this weekend?

Comment

• WASLOGE8
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                              That is a great deal ! And I would think that the Mets have to be selling...another case where someone is losing over $100 a ticket? No way are fans taking that hit.

Are you going out to Anaheim again this year?
                              My guess is that the tix the Mets are selling on the hub are the ones where they do not supply the exact seats and you have to wait for the 'seller' to confirm as opposed to the instant delivery that we would use when selling seats.

As for Anaheim, airplane tix are through the roof (no pun intended) this year so in a word, no. We were originally looking to go the week of 4/18 but no reasonable fares became available so we were then looking to go July 4th week (while the Mets were in LA) but airfare was even higher.
                              Looks like my baseball games this year will be in the 4 outer boroughs, Fenway and possibly DC (Mets are there 7/29-31 and labor day weekend) We have a lax tourney in Warminster NJ the last weekend of the month and the Mets are playing in Philly that weekend but my wife put the kabash on that idea! My wife is a good sport with going to games and beer tours and going to Pepes Pizza in New Haven on every trip to and from New England etc... so I learn to pick my battles!!

Comment

• Gary Dunaier
                                Thumbs Down Guy/Moderator
                                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by DN4L View Post
                                only pathetic losers would buy only one ticket to a game, and go by themselves..
                                So you're saying the late Freddy "Sez" was a pathetic loser. That's nice. :dismay:

(Photo taken July 4, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
                                My GIF has been viewed more than 377 million times!
                                https://giphy.com/gifs/mlb-yankees-t...wH6yMO7ED5xc7S

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X