• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alpineinc
    Behind the bag BSGD Mod
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by New Yorker View Post
    I like the color of the brick used on the exterior.

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball.
    Over 2500 followers, including Howie Rose, Keith Olbermann, NYT baseball writer Tyler Kepner

https://twitter.com/behindthebag

Comment

• chedda man
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by robardin View Post
      No, because SH sends you e-tickets only.

But these tix from ScoreBig... They literally have $7.30 printed as the box office face value, on Mets BO card stock, for tickets in Baseline Box?? With a printing date of 3/17/2011?

Can you post a pic of that (sans barcodes or after the game is played)?!
      Thats what I was thinking...I couldn't believe that the actual ticket would say $7.30 or whatever as the price...ON THE TICKET! I've never seen that....

Usually the face value of the ticket is listed, or at times when i've been comp'd ticket (wife's aunt works for Sterling Mets) there is no price on the ticket and it just says "no rain date" where the price should be listed. But never anything below face...

Comment

• johnql
        CF 415, Row 1
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by robardin View Post
        It does seem to be something they're doing in waves. Games in May do not have this flooding of very, very discounted tickets the way the April games do - yet. I am watching like a hawk to see when that will (not if) kick in, though.

If this goes on beyond April, I will forgive them for this ONLY if they then massively cut the prices for FSTs (especially for lower level seats like where I am) for next year. They're fools if they think we don't notice this. If it's not actually "the Mets themselves", it must be an agency very close with the Mets to have access to such big blocks of the same tickets across so many games. And either way, it's still a market-setting action on a large scale.
        Could it be an entity like Goldstar? I've been receiving discount ticket offers from them for both the Mets and Yankees.

Comment

• robardin
          Orange + Blue Pincushion
          • Apr 2009

OK, here's a sanity check: StubHub shows "up to 24 seats together" (the whole row no doubt) in Section 328, Row 8 for Tue 4/12, listed at $10 each before fees.

I went to Mets.com and tried to buy 8 seats together in Caesars Silver. I got Section 310, Row 1, which does not show up on StubHub.

I upped my Mets.com selection to 20 seats together in Caesars Silver and got "The number of seats you requested in Caesars Club Silver was not found."

In the past, the Ticket Office has told me the inventory they see on their screens is the same as what Mets.com shows, except that they can view the entire set of sections, rows and seat locations to get you exact locations instead of the algorithmically "best available". So what this tells me is that the Mets are not actually selling at huge discounts directly from their ticket office, but are at a minimum selling tickets at a big bulk rate to some other organization that is at full liberty to dump for tax deductions if nothing else.
          «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• dstoffa
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by alpineinc View Post
            $6.75-$7.50 last year, IIRC. Pretty good prices, better than NYS as I understand. Are there really $11 beers at the Bronx ballyard?
            Yes. $7.50 for good draft beer. $6.75 for the domestics swill (at Citi)

In da Bronx:
            Domestic swill in the 22 oz cup is $11.
            If you want something good, like Guinness, it's $12.

Had two myself there this afternoon.... Ghost town. Cold and raw.

BUT....

There is more National League History in their museum than in the Mets Museum at Citi Field. Granted, most of it had to deal with Subway Series and the Yankees pasting of their opposition, but there were a fair amount of Giants and Dodgers paraphernalia there. I was impressed.. They even had a Mets Piazza jersey on display.

Cheers!
            -Doug
            Last edited by dstoffa; 04-07-2011, 05:16 PM.
            20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• drdg
              Disabled Veteran US Navy
              • Mar 2010

There is more National League History in their museum than in the Mets Museum at Citi Field. Granted, most of it had to deal with Subway Series and the Yankees pasting of their opposition, but there were a fair amount of Giants and Dodgers paraphernalia there. I was impressed.. They even had a Mets Piazza jersey on display.

Cheers!
              0Diyg

I totally agree with
              heck there is even more METS (shea stadium) stuff at the NYS for everyone to see then at citi-field
              unless the yankees took it down, in the great hall there are a few pictures for everyone to see
              of the 2000 world series,
              granted it is the yankees celebrating,but you can clearly see the mets logo in the background
              and pictures of when the yankees play at shea

I think these are the one

at citi-field you would have to go into the clubs to see any old pictures of shea or the polo grounds
              Last edited by drdg; 04-07-2011, 05:30 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• GordonGecko
                On the Inside
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ribant View Post
                Sorry for the self quote

This is interesting.

The tickets are on regular single game stock.

1. Face value of $7.30 - A screw job if the game is cancelled/rained out
                2. Printed on 3/17/2011 - Meaning the Metsies knew they wouldn't sell for face.
                3. Sent from mid-town Manhattan - Meaning ScoreBig has them in physical inventory

This lends credence to my idea the Mets sold blocks of tickets wholesale. It also means the buyer CAN list them for peanuts on SH and still turn a profit.

I will use Scorebig very judiciously from now on.

Does anyone know if tickets purchased from Stub Hub carry the original printing date?
                A smoking gun if I've ever seen one. As we all suspected the Mets are absolutely selling directly on the secondary market, probably through an intermediary so they claim they would never sell on on stubhub, scorebig, or whatever. That's a nice middle finger for all their season ticket holders

Comment

• Gary Dunaier
                  Thumbs Down Guy/Moderator
                  • Sep 2007

Just a few more hours to go...

My GIF has been viewed more than 377 million times!
                  https://giphy.com/gifs/mlb-yankees-t...wH6yMO7ED5xc7S

Comment

• majorleads
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by ribant View Post
                    It is possible they sold whole blocks at a discount to a wholesaler so they are not in the middle. Or created a commission deal with one based on # sold and revenue.

Either way it doesn't change the fact that the Mets are in panic mode. Willing to do whatever to generate revenue.

Not a good sign.
                    NO. Those blocks of tickets you see are directly from the team. All teams (in every sport) who have trouble selling seats are now putting them on Stub Hub which has been standard practice for the last couple of years. Now it does work both ways, meaning when teams are sold out or it's a big game they will put those on Stub Hub at a premium.

And I was saying all offseason that the season ticket holders were crazy for buying those packages at regular price because much better seats were going to be available on SH for pennies on the dollar. Blame yourselves. Our economy is shot, nobody is spending top dollar for recreational items right now.

Comment

• majorleads
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                      Just a few more hours to go...

$$$32.40 for that seat??? :disbelief: That P.T. Barnum quote comes to mind...

Comment

• mandrake
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by majorleads View Post
                        NO. Those blocks of tickets you see are directly from the team. All teams (in every sport) who have trouble selling seats are now putting them on Stub Hub which has been standard practice for the last couple of years. Now it does work both ways, meaning when teams are sold out or it's a big game they will put those on Stub Hub at a premium.

And I was saying all offseason that the season ticket holders were crazy for buying those packages at regular price because much better seats were going to be available on SH for pennies on the dollar. Blame yourselves. Our economy is shot, nobody is spending top dollar for recreational items right now.
                        Did you , or anyone else including me, ever think $60 caesar silver sections would be put up in huge blocks for $10? This will KO the FST holders who can't go to every game !

Now, according to the media, the Mets were telling prospective buyers that the Mets will sell 3 million tickets in 2012.....could they be inflating sales in 2011 since it could be that the recent story that the Mets had only sold 600K tickets is actually true ??? Or would prospective buyers get to see any stub hub stunts?

$10 caesar silver with club access versus the promenade where most ticket holders get to sit out in the cold and rain. Wow.

Comment

• gtru1981
                          • Jan 2010

So in regards to the musuems at Citi and YS, i find the Mets musuem to be thrown together and really lacks alot. I never been to the YS one, but will this summer. From the pictures i seen, they have done a great job and Yes they do have Mets stuff their.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Dishy24
                            Prom Club 416
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BMF View Post
                            Howdie folks, I know its been a while since i've posted here, but I just wanna say Lets go Mets and over achieve this years expectations... HI DISHY
                            Hi Big Man!!!

Comment

• ribant
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by majorleads View Post

I think the Mets wholesaled my ticket to Scorebig since it was printed three weeks ago, came from midtown, and has a face value of $7.30.

Whether the ticket was sold to Scorebig, or Scorebig is a front end for the Mets the end result is the same. ST and plan holders, even small flex pack holders like myself were screwed.

I know I will not be the only one who gets a smoking gun.

Comment

• ribant
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                                Did you , or anyone else including me, ever think $60 caesar silver sections would be put up in huge blocks for $10? This will KO the FST holders who can't go to every game !

Now, according to the media, the Mets were telling prospective buyers that the Mets will sell 3 million tickets in 2012.....could they be inflating sales in 2011 since it could be that the recent story that the Mets had only sold 600K tickets is actually true ??? Or would prospective buyers get to see any stub hub stunts?

$10 caesar silver with club access versus the promenade where most ticket holders get to sit out in the cold and rain. Wow.
                                What was the printed face value on the Audi Club seats you got from Goldstar last year?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X