• Show
Clear All
  • Yankeefan3783
    • Oct 2008

Great pictures Gary.

Comment

• Strawman
      • Mar 2009

How cool is it that Mets fans on BBF have their own incredibly accomplished "staff photographer" - and we get massive photosets throughout the year? I think it's great! Thanks Gary.
      Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• majorleads
        • Apr 2008

Thanks for the pictures, Gary. Very nice!

Gary, has anyone hit a HR in the upper deck?

Worst part of Citi Field, the Dodgers rotunda. I really hate that. grrrrr

Comment

• Jim Vaz
          • Oct 2007

As usual great pics from Mr. Dunaier.

Really like how they removed the murals on the ramp above the left field gate. Just looks less cluttered and a little less tacky.
          I think most Mets fans have finally embraced the place as our home now that we don't need to have everything Mets splashed
          in our faces.

Comment

• RayNY
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Jim Vaz View Post

Really like how they removed the murals on the ramp above the left field gate. Just looks less cluttered and a little less tacky.
            I think most Mets fans have finally embraced the place as our home now that we don't need to have everything Mets splashed
            in our faces.
            Well in defense of the murals, they were there from the start when there was nothing else even Mets related at Citi Field. So I can't see how it was tacky and in your face seeing as to how it was the ONLY thing that was really Mets related visually, before the changes/additions. Maybe I'm in the minority but I liked those murals.
            STOP ABUSING COFFEE

Comment

• Chrisuk
              • Jan 2012

Anyone done the tour of citi field? Thinking about doing it when I head over next month.

Comment

• nycthebest14345
                • May 2010

Was there a specific reason why the murals were taken down?
                That awkward moment when you are off 1 dollar buying something

Comment

• 04golf
                  • Feb 2009

the mets should complete the blue walls all around the field. Looks much better with the blue

Comment

• Petemc1969
                    RF Reserve 103 - Row 13
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by nycthebest14345 View Post
                    Was there a specific reason why the murals were taken down?
                    I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with smoking now permitted on the ramps.
                    Not Mommy, not Daddy.....METSIE, METSIE, METSIE.

Comment

• SteveJRogers
                      • Jun 2008

Weather damage apparently took the first one down last year. Guess they took their sweet ass time taking the rest down.
                      NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                      Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
                      Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

• nymdan
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by 04golf View Post
                        the mets should complete the blue walls all around the field. Looks much better with the blue
                        Gotta get the Post or the Daily News on that bandwagon. If it becomes a news story, the Mets will respond.

Comment

• LI METS FAN
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 04golf View Post
                          That what I thought as well until I saw the wall in person on opening day. The black wall in foul territory should help the umpires call plays more clearly.

Comment

• RichieA13
                            SHEA STADIUM * 1964-2008
                            • Aug 2006

I was there for the opener this year (a rarity for me). Aside from missing two FULL innings, crawling on the highway & driving around from lot to lot looking for one that was open to park my car ..... the ballpark looked great! The blue walls add some MUCH needed color. The Party City Porch in left makes that whole side of the field more intimate & "Shea-ish". I'd love to see the next change be the seat colors, but I'm sure that's not on the Mets management's radar. Swapping out the 'Boring Drab Green' seat color for Mets colors would help make the place stand out more from all the other retro parks with these same dark green seats. Last, I agree that stopping the blue walls from pole to pole looks a bit awkward. Guess that was the Mets Brass giving the fans exactly what they wanted, but JUST to the 'letter of the law', so to speak. I believe the black pads are also new, so it's NOT like they cut a corner & didn't make them blue to save a few bucks by NOT replacing them....? I don't understand why, unless it was their way of telling Mets fans 'we tossed you a bone' with the blue OF walls, but we still want some black pads to remain everywhere else.

Why not make the job look right & make ALL the padded walls blue, totally from end to end? I just don't get it?

Originally posted by Yankeefan3783 View Post
                            The blue outfield walls actually fit in well with the stadium. It's still early, but I think the Mets made the right decision on this one. Also, the uniforms look great. Much better than the ones with the black drop shadow.

Great job (as always) Gary on the Opening Day pics. I was SO pissed that we got to our seats as late as we did that I never even took MY camera out of its bag! Thanks for the photo of me & my son FINALLY in our seats, Sir!!

Note: The glove .... my ORIGINAL (1st) glove from my Little League days - (Spalding Joe Torre model, circa 1975-ish) resting on the seat in front of me. Obviously, a leftie was batting when you took this photo ... thus why I am not wearing it at that moment!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by RichieA13; 04-08-2012, 12:12 PM.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                            www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                            www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• ProAm500
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                              That what I thought as well until I saw the wall in person on opening day. The black wall in foul territory should help the umpires call plays more clearly.
                              I'm starting to think I like the black blue combo. They contrast each other well to make he blue really pop out. Also, I think if the originally height had been left and the walls changed to blue it would have been too much...The 8ft blue really works well

Comment

• Blue387
                                Ya gotta believe
                                • Jul 2010

I went to the game this afternoon. Here's the bullpen from overlooking the new wall in right-center field.

The new Mo's Zone in right field.

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X