Page 101 of 2250 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 44981

Thread: Citi Field

Quote Originally Posted by tomzpc View Post
    Best news I've heard on this site since I posted about my own seats!

Real happy for ya Ralf. How'd it shake down? Did they call you this time?
    I'm happy for him as well... He definitely made out well in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    Thanks. I couldn't be happier.

I basically officially canceled my account on Monday and they just called me today with a different location.

Wow...you clearly did the right thing in cancelling. If you had "settled" for the prom reserve seats then I'm guessing that they never even would have called you back. Attaboy Ralf. I'll try my best to not spill my $10 beverage on you next year.

Wow...you clearly did the right thing in cancelling. If you had "settled" for the prom reserve seats then I'm guessing that they never even would have called you back. Attaboy Ralf. I'll try my best to not spill my $10 beverage on you next year.
    You think it's only going to be $10??

Kind of amazing that the 3 of us(after a 2 year conversation when its all said and done) will be a total of about 20' apart in the new stadium...

Maybe we can blog using sign language, or navy lights or something next year to voice our opinions about the stadium when were there...

Quote Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
    I'm happy for him as well... He definitely made out well in the end!
    Yeah, those seats have an awesome view
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will most likely end up near Ralf for the 2009 season... Prom. somewhere... We shall see next week...

Quote Originally Posted by Saltzy23 View Post
    Kind of amazing that the 3 of us(after a 2 year conversation when its all said and done) will be a total of about 20' apart in the new stadium...

Maybe we can blog using sign language, or navy lights or something next year to voice our opinions about the stadium when were there...
    The way I see it, I'll be nearby as well...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Saltzy23:
    I wonder what effect the Yankees not making the playoffs will have on 'interestin the games/playoff ticket prices' for the the Mets...assuming we make it of course . . . . . May drive up ticket costs with us being the only show in town, may leave a vaccuum without the Yankees...i really have no idea...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Mets do, indeed, go into the post-season, September 28 will not be the last game at Shea. Any of these post-season games could wind up being Shea's real swan song.

That might also come into play.
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    I wonder what effect the Yankees not making the playoffs will have on 'interestin the games/playoff ticket prices' for the the Mets...assuming we make it of course . . . . . May drive up ticket costs with us being the only show in town, may leave a vaccuum without the Yankees...i really have no idea...

If the Mets do, indeed, go into the post-season, September 28 will not be the last game at Shea. Any of these post-season games could wind up being Shea's real swan song.

Wow... Now that's a whole new ballgame...

Best news I've heard on this site since I posted about my own seats!

Real happy for ya Ralf. How'd it shake down? Did they call you this time?
    Thanks. :

Yea, they called me. I think it was a combination of things that led them to offer me better seats. 1. I held firm at canceling my account, 2. I was an extremely well informed, pushy buyer (thanks to BF), and 3. I basically gave them a list of acceptable seat locations. If they couldn't upgrade to those areas, then I told them it wasn't worth it for me anymore.

Also, my rep is actually a decent guy imo. I really felt bad giving him the riot act all those times I spoke to and emailed him. He really came through in the end tho.

You think it's only going to be $10??
    I know. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. Be nice if they rolled them back to Ebbet's field beer prices huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post

Oh for sure. If they clinch early Ill bet you can get in for like $100...

Im saying that how come the inverse isnt happening for the Last Yankee game, which is a WAY bigger deal, and looks to actually be the last game...I figured that game was 'unfloodable'....

I know. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. Be nice if they rolled them back to Ebbet's field beer prices huh?
    If THAT happened then I would REALLY think Wilpon was going overboard...

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Yeah, those seats have an awesome view

Funny thing is, my seats now are a tad bit closer to home than the original seats they offered me in EL, AND, about $13000 cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post

Funny thing is, my seats now are a tad bit closer to home than the original seats they offered me in EL, AND, about $13000 cheaper.
    And that in of itself is incredible... Is ANYONE taking EL?

Wow... Now that's a whole new ballgame...
    Yea...GRRR....I mean I wouldnt be able to pull the trigger anyway, but I was thinking about possible scenerios where I would sell WS tickets if they made it, and I decided if they were down 0-3 I would sell cause A. Its basically over, and B. I have no interest in seeing other teams celebrate on Shea truf anymore(see 2000 and 2006), but then i realized it maybe the actual last game ever there...cant sell that to someone else...

Guess I'm in for a penny, in for a pound no matter what happens....

Yea...GRRR....I mean I wouldnt be able to pull the trigger anyway, but I was thinking about possible scenerios where I would sell WS tickets if they made it, and I decided if they were down 0-3 I would sell cause A. Its basically over, and B. I have no interest in seeing other teams celebrate on Shea truf anymore(see 2000 and 2006), but then i realized it maybe the actual last game ever there...cant sell that to someone else...

Guess I'm in for a penny, in for a pound no matter what happens....
    I'd imagine for WS games, God willing, I would have to sell... I can't even be there for a DS game without driving myself insane...

I'd imagine for WS games, God willing, I would have to sell... I can't even be there for a DS game without driving myself insane...
    Cant BE there? Thats funny. Im 180 degrees the other way....

Ill never watch a home playoff game on TV again while Im sucking oxygen....I just cant take the announcers and the 3rd grade presentation, not to mention that I stop breathing during the commercials(pretty much literally)....Ive mentoned this before here....

The road games are hard enough to deal with...

BTW, way WAY of topic. The story that just broke about the autistic kid surviving the ocean for 12 hrs with his dad......A-MAZING....

Can someone please leave that story in Vince Young's locker? I CANNOT get over what a pansie he is...I LOOOVE how his mom just wants 'people to leave him alone'....I mean....

Cant BE there? Thats funny. Im 180 degrees the other way....

Ill never watch a home playoff game on TV again while Im sucking oxygen....I just cant take the announcers and the 3rd grade presentation, not to mention that I stop breathing during the commercials(pretty much literally)....Ive mentoned this before here....

The road games are hard enough to deal with...

BTW, way WAY of topic. The story that just broke about the autistic kid surviving the ocean for 12 hrs with his dad......A-MAZING....

Can someone please leave that story in Vince Young's locker? I CANNOT get over what a pansie he is...I LOOOVE how his mom just wants 'people to leave him alone'....I mean....
    I know what you mean about having to be there in person. I'm not selling my World Series tickets for any amount.

And that story came out yesterday or Tuesday, apparently autistic kids don't fear death so the kid was laughing and playing away while he got swept out to sea. He wasn't laughing so much after the jellyfish kept stinging him but he was all fine with everything when the coast guard picked him up.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I know what you mean about having to be there in person. I'm not selling my World Series tickets for any amount.

And that story came out yesterday or Tuesday, apparently autistic kids don't fear death so the kid was laughing and playing away while he got swept out to sea. He wasn't laughing so much after the jellyfish kept stinging him but he was all fine with everything when the coast guard picked him up.
    Poor kid... Man, life can be incredible sometimes...

Page 101 of 2250 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast