Page 101 of 1745 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 43601

Thread: Citi Field

Quote Originally Posted by EM0909153 View Post
    Yea I have never won one of those lotteries for anything, 2006 postseason, 2007 opening day/yankee lottery, 2007 postseason drawing, 2008 opening day/yankee/final game and shot down once again this year, but don't have to worry ever again to get into any game I want to for face. Thank god the lottery is now obsolete for me.

Speaking of the lottery and I was reading the MetsBlog comments about the lottery and so many complaints that they weren't selected, like its their god given right. Saltzy is so right based on what he said somewhere earlier in this thread.
    I got opening day tickets for 2007 from the lottery.

I haven't even heard anything on the postseason lottery yet and I definitely signed up.

Speaking of the lottery and I was reading the MetsBlog comments about the lottery and so many complaints that they weren't selected, like its their god given right. Saltzy is so right based on what he said somewhere earlier in this thread.
    Do you realize how utterly impossible it will be to win the Mets postseason lottery this year? There's just way way too many season tickets and partial plans with rights this year. On top of that, the Mets have to reserve a certain number of seats for Major League Baseball. So combine that with hundreds of thousands of fans w/o plans who want tickets, and your chances are slim to none.

Yea I have never won one of those lotteries for anything, 2006 postseason, 2007 opening day/yankee lottery, 2007 postseason drawing, 2008 opening day/yankee/final game and shot down once again this year, but don't have to worry ever again to get into any game I want to for face. Thank god the lottery is now obsolete for me.

OH GOD...please dont wind that crank on my back....Ill go on for 3 pages...

Yea...'earlier', like a freaking broken record for 2 years....

Ive come up with the best way to state it in a nutshell..

There are customers and there are fans.

"Customers" is an objective, black and white term. The people that bought more than 7 games in a plan this year. You cannot 'measure' their fandom, but you can put a $ figure to it...

"Fans" is a totally subjective, nonsensical grey term for anyone that has PERSONALLY decided they have been dedicated enough this year to ensure themself a seat to the biggest games of the year....the funny thing is, they REALLY believe their 'fandom' is worth more than $....comical to me

"These damn corporations swoop up all the seats leaving us with the scraps or nothing at all...F'n GREEDY organization!!!"....

uhh...NO....they paid. In advance. For many games. Whether the person actually using the ticket knows a baseball from a football is 100% IRRELEVANT...would I personally rather have them there? Sure....is that the reality of business in any way whatsoever...not. even. close. Otherwise Id have a Ferrari right now...

I like how some of the comments are that why bother as I'll be 'stuck' with the last rows of the Upper Reserved...

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
    I like how some of the comments are that why bother as I'll be 'stuck' with the last rows of the Upper Reserved...

LOL
    Yea some of those are funny, its like they have a right to buy field or inner loge box for face value after going to 1-2 games max the whole year.

Yea some of those are funny, its like they have a right to buy field or inner loge box for face value after going to 1-2 games max the whole year.
    I'm sure they would be happy with having EVERYONE join the lottery... YAY!! LOL Everyone gets an equal chance, even STH's.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Well I'm opening up that envelope for sure, I need to know where my seats are going to be from my Sunday plan. I'm hoping the tickets stay in Mezz Reserved
    Same here Gordon. I want to see if the strategy you guys gave me (go online and pay instead of waiting for the invoice) works. I have a Mezz. Reserved Sat. plan and got UR - Row Q - last year. I'm wondering if getting it paid quicker will get me into the Mezzanine.
    Last edited by WillMissShea; 09-19-2008 at 12:05 PM.

2009 schedule

Does anyone know if Anaheim or the Chisox have ever played at Shea? I know the Mets have gone to their places, but I can't recall them coming here. I'm actually tired of the Mets vs the AL east.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Does anyone know if Anaheim or the Chisox have ever played at Shea? I know the Mets have gone to their places, but I can't recall them coming here. I'm actually tired of the Mets vs the AL east.
    The angles came to shea i think in 2005. Cliff Floyd hit a walk off homer off brendon donnelly in extra innings. I think marlon anderson hit an inside the park homerun in the 9th off krod to tie it. The mets played the white sox's in 2003 when robbie alomar was at second(Boo) I only remember that series because i was walking home from college summer classes and the power when out while robbie was batting. I know its a lot of info but hey im a mets fan

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post
    The angles came to shea i think in 2005. Cliff Floyd hit a walk off homer off brendon donnelly in extra innings. I think marlon anderson hit an inside the park homerun in the 9th off krod to tie it. The mets played the white sox's in 2003 when robbie alomar was at second(Boo) I only remember that series because i was walking home from college summer classes and the power when out while robbie was batting. I know its a lot of info but hey im a mets fan
    The White Sox never played at Shea. Mets and Sox only have played once in the regular season, in Chicago in 2002 (www.retrosheet.org)

Quote Originally Posted by StadiumPage.com View Post
    The White Sox never played at Shea. Mets and Sox only have played once in the regular season, in Chicago in 2002 (www.retrosheet.org)
    i knew i just forgot to mention it. 2002 geez that was a long time ago.

Mets Playoff tickets are on their way! Just got the DHL tracking email, expected delivery Tuesday 9/23

And how about Murphy?? BOOOYAAH!!!!!!!

Mets Playoff tickets are on their way! Just got the DHL tracking email, expected delivery Tuesday 9/23

Got mine, too. Awesome...though I wonder if these are my Saturday Plan tickets or my season tickets, tickets.

Mets are now up by 4...is it safe for me to leave the house, yet?

Ditto! Now can anyone in this BP hold a 4 run lead!!!!??? Please!

Got mine too. I am also wondering if it will be my Saturday Plan postseason tickets or the PRP postseason tickets or both. You would think they could coordinate things so tickets being mailed to the same address come in the same shipment. Although then they probably couldn't get away with charging the outrageous ticket fees and shipping & handling, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsWrightNow View Post
    Mets are now up by 4...is it safe for me to leave the house, yet?
    Not unless Santana gets up in the bullpen

Just got my DHL tracking number as well... Wondering if it is for my Full season's or my Sunday plan... oh well, I will see soon enough... right now I just want 3 more outs! Big night for the Metsies tonight with the losses to Philly & Brewers!

I got my DHL Tracking Number as well this evening. It's from my 7-Pack Ticket offer.

Just checking to make sure that we are still able to post here. Almost two full days with nothing new. I guess the two straight losses have gotten us all that much more nervous about making the postseason. My emotions range from wanting them to miss out so that I can spend the postseason refund money on tix for CF next year. But the fan part certainly wants the Mets to get in and hopefully win some games. It is going to be tough getting through this week. I have tickets to all seven games and it looks like I have an extra to all five of the weekday games. If anybody is interested in a ticket in Loge Box 29, let me know. Only looking for face value of course.

Any PRP people hear anything in regards to CF assignments? Last update I believe was that we might not be hearing until after the regular season wraps up. Let's Go Mets!

Final week; time to regroup

Gut check time; what have we got here?

Over the past ten days, the competition has gone 9-1 while we've gone 4-6 (against bad teams). This 5-game differential has caused us to go from 3 1/2 up to 1 1/2 back.

This would be setting up a catastrophe, except that somebody else has lost 15 of 20 and is begging us to take the wild card from them. So we might get in, except that we have a tougher final week than they do, so we might not.

Doesn't feel like trying to win; feels like trying not to lose.

They damn well better play some serious hardball this week. Play like they mean business. That's all I'm asking.

This thread has lost it's luster for the moment. The Mets have managed to suck out all of my enthusiasm for the Citifield in 2009 and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels that way right now. Hopefully they'll turn this thing around in the next week because I really don't want to go through another winter with that awful taste in my mouth. They may not have had a 7 game lead this year but they sure are losing games the same way that they did last September.

Just make the friggin playoffs. Strangely, a part of me won't even be that disappointed if they lose in the NLDS or NLCS this year, but this team needs to get in to October baseball or there's gonna be a real dark cloud of choke hanging over Citifield in the offseason. 4 and 6 against the dregs of the NL east. Now they've gotta go "at least" 4 and 3 against real teams and even that might not get it done. Dammit. This is going to be a difficult week

Quote Originally Posted by tomzpc View Post
    This thread has lost it's luster for the moment. The Mets have managed to suck out all of my enthusiasm for the Citifield in 2009 and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels that way right now. Hopefully they'll turn this thing around in the next week because I really don't want to go through another winter with that awful taste in my mouth. They may not have had a 7 game lead this year but they sure are losing games the same way that they did last September.

Just make the friggin playoffs. Strangely, a part of me won't even be that disappointed if they lose in the NLDS or NLCS this year, but this team needs to get in to October baseball or there's gonna be a real dark cloud of choke hanging over Citifield in the offseason. 4 and 6 against the dregs of the NL east. Now they've gotta go "at least" 4 and 3 against real teams and even that might not get it done. Dammit. This is going to be a difficult week
    how bad is it going to be sitting at sundays game with all the festivities planned and we are not in the playoffs!!!. it will be ever worse sitting there sunday needing the game like last year and losing.

Quote Originally Posted by tomzpc View Post

I agree. Just get in. I could care less if they win the division or the wild card. Too many times, teams (or just their fans) worry about who they are going to play. If people think the Cubs are the best team in the NL, it would make more sense to play them in a shorter series. I just don't want people thinking LA will be easy; remember 1988 ? Lets get the wild card and shoot for the Cubs. Let the Phils and Dodgers beat each other up.

In 2002, the Angels and the A's were fighting to the end for 1st and Wild card. The A's were trying to avoid the Yankees and play the Twins instead. The Angels said they wanted to win first for the sake of winning first; they could care less about the Yankees. Well, the Angels pounded the Yankees and for all their efforts, the A's were eliminated by the Twins. So much for seeding !

4 wins should do it. I said last week that 90 should get them in. That means the Brewers need 5 out of 6 just to tie. That includes 3 vs Chicago. Yes, the Cubs will decide who gets in. (4 vs Mets, 3 vs Brewers).

No matter what , the Bullpen stinks. They just have to hit, hit, hit.

This team is going to be hard pressed to win 3 or 4 games this week in my opinion...

I will give you this... If they somehow manage to win tonight's game, I think they will make the postseason...

I'd like it to be over by Saturday... If they have to play a 'meaningful' final game it might get really ugly for the postgame ceremony...

Quote Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
    This team is going to be hard pressed to win 3 or 4 games this week in my opinion...
    As much as I hate to admit it, I agree. I'd sign up right now for a split of the four games with the Cubs. Tough spot for the kid tonight considering that the Cubs lineup rakes lefthanded pitching. I would have liked to have had Pelfrey going in this series.

Page 101 of 1745 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast