Page 1133 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 133633103310831123113111321133113411351143118312331633 ... LastLast
Results 28,301 to 28,325 of 43452

Thread: Citi Field

  1. #28301
    @mandrake... It seems like they will lose a lot of those pre-paid customers this season... Tough to pull in 38K... Especially with prices as they will be. They are clearly tone deaf...

  2. #28302
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    KPIT Airport
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Shbmets View Post
    That looks horrible. It looks like the field level at Shea. Its very frustrating when you look at that and then go to the Target Field page and see how first class everything looks with that that stadium.

    I give up!!!
    That's the problem with the Wilpons - they think a coat of paint or a paper "Lets Go Mets" on the scoreboard will satisfy the fan's desire for a stadium that reflects the team's history. They spent the most time and money on a stinkin' piece of fruit in center field that basically started out as a cheesy advertising gimmick in 1982.

    Looking at the Target Field thread you can only gather that it was inspired by people who love the Twins and their history and are proud of it.

  3. #28303
    Quote Originally Posted by Shbmets View Post
    That looks horrible. It looks like the field level at Shea. Its very frustrating when you look at that and then go to the Target Field page and see how first class everything looks with that that stadium.

    I give up!!!
    See what happens when you complain to the Mets... They go overboard and try to ruin a brand new ballpark to make it look like the toilet we left across the parking lot...

  4. #28304
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    I took a look at the 2010 prices and pulled out some stubs from 2009 to compare.

    On the tribute to 1969 nite, my wife and I sat in section 133 first row and the face was $84 because it was a 'gold' game. The price is the same in 2010. IMHO, not worth the price. Glorified bleacher seats.
    Something I have been wondering since last year is when will the public will catch on that so many seats in CF are glorified bleachers.

    And when will demand for them will shrivel up.

    Then what?
    Last edited by ribant; 11-17-2009 at 12:34 PM.

  5. #28305
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    133
    Pro-Arab group rips Citi Field fete: The Hebron Fund hosting fund-raiser at home of Mets
    BY Sergey Kadinsky
    DAILY NEWS WRITER

    Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 4:00 AM


    Simmons/News
    The first spring training game at Citi Field in the spring.

    The bloody struggle between the Jews and Palestinians has moved to a local battleground - Citi Field.

    A group that supports Palestinian causes is crying foul because The Hebron Fund, a Brooklyn-based organization that funds radical Jewish settlers in the West Bank city, is holding a fund-raiser Saturday at the home of the Mets.

    The money they collect will be used to support some 700 Jews who continue to squat in the overwhelmingly Palestinian city, protected from their angry neighbors by the Israeli Army, the pro-Palestinian group says.

    "The Palestinians have no rights," said Ethan Heitner, a spokesman for Adalah-NY: The Coalition for Justice in the Middle East. "The U.S. foreign policy and international courts consider the settlements illegal."

    In their letter to the Mets, the group asked the organization to pull the plug on the fund-raiser, claiming that supporting the settlers contradicts the Mets' commitment "to diversity and opposition to discrimination."

    The Mets said no - but insisted they weren't taking sides.

    "The beliefs of organizations holding events at Citi Field do not necessarily reflect those of the New York Mets," the team said in a statement.

    Brooklyn Assemblyman Dov Hikind, a staunch supporter of Jewish settlements on the West Bank, called the Mets' decision a victory.

    "The Mets are doing the right thing," said Hikind. "For Jews not to live in Hebron is segregation. It is a city that goes back to the beginning of Judaism."

    The Adalah-NY group plans a 12:30 p.m. protest Wednesday outside Major League Baseball's headquarters at 245 Park Ave.



    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009...#ixzz0X7nZpMKR

  6. #28306
    Quote Originally Posted by tomkaz View Post
    Pro-Arab group rips Citi Field fete: The Hebron Fund hosting fund-raiser at home of Mets
    BY Sergey Kadinsky
    DAILY NEWS WRITER

    Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 4:00 AM


    Simmons/News
    The first spring training game at Citi Field in the spring.

    The bloody struggle between the Jews and Palestinians has moved to a local battleground - Citi Field.

    A group that supports Palestinian causes is crying foul because The Hebron Fund, a Brooklyn-based organization that funds radical Jewish settlers in the West Bank city, is holding a fund-raiser Saturday at the home of the Mets.

    The money they collect will be used to support some 700 Jews who continue to squat in the overwhelmingly Palestinian city, protected from their angry neighbors by the Israeli Army, the pro-Palestinian group says.

    "The Palestinians have no rights," said Ethan Heitner, a spokesman for Adalah-NY: The Coalition for Justice in the Middle East. "The U.S. foreign policy and international courts consider the settlements illegal."

    In their letter to the Mets, the group asked the organization to pull the plug on the fund-raiser, claiming that supporting the settlers contradicts the Mets' commitment "to diversity and opposition to discrimination."

    The Mets said no - but insisted they weren't taking sides.

    "The beliefs of organizations holding events at Citi Field do not necessarily reflect those of the New York Mets," the team said in a statement.

    Brooklyn Assemblyman Dov Hikind, a staunch supporter of Jewish settlements on the West Bank, called the Mets' decision a victory.

    "The Mets are doing the right thing," said Hikind. "For Jews not to live in Hebron is segregation. It is a city that goes back to the beginning of Judaism."

    The Adalah-NY group plans a 12:30 p.m. protest Wednesday outside Major League Baseball's headquarters at 245 Park Ave.



    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009...#ixzz0X7nZpMKR
    Reportedly, neither side is happy about the plexiglass obstructions in the Promenade either...
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

  7. #28307
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    Reportedly, neither side is happy about the plexiglass obstructions in the Promenade either...
    The one issue both sides can come together on, and instead they squabble over land.

    Another missed opportunity...

  8. #28308
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by Shbmets View Post
    That looks horrible. It looks like the field level at Shea. Its very frustrating when you look at that and then go to the Target Field page and see how first class everything looks with that that stadium.
    I know. That's why every time I go to the Target Field thread and more pictures pop up, I get more jealous. And then angry. Jeff Wilpon actually said that they were UNDER BUDGET when Citi Field was complete. We don't have to guess what the Wilpons skipped out on to save those few extra bucks. So cheap. And completely out of touch with Mets fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    That's the problem with the Wilpons - they think a coat of paint or a paper "Lets Go Mets" on the scoreboard will satisfy the fan's desire for a stadium that reflects the team's history. They spent the most time and money on a stinkin' piece of fruit in center field that basically started out as a cheesy advertising gimmick in 1982.

    Looking at the Target Field thread you can only gather that it was inspired by people who love the Twins and their history and are proud of it.
    All the things the Wilpons do to appease the fans' criticism are patches and quick fixes. They do everything either half-assed, or just completely wrong. And apparently they are listening to the wrong type of criticism (the ones who want Citi Field to be cheesy and tacky like Shea).

    Their lack of pride for the very team they own is evident in the way they treat the new ballpark and Mets fans.

  9. #28309
    Cerrone at Metsblog just posted that Dave Howard made a statement that there would be changes to Citi Field, which would be announced in December (along with a uniform change).

    Cerrone speculates that the outfield walls aren't coming in, and guesses that the change could be the height of the walls.

    www.metsblog.com

  10. #28310
    Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    I just got off the phone with the box office and learned

    1. Plan holder invoices likely will not be sent until December - a slight contradiction with earlier information
    2. If you have multiple plans in one account you will get an all or nothing invoice.
    3. The same five fifteen game plans will be offered
    4. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday plans will have the same 10/5 game breakdown as last year
    5. The usual procedure for upgrades and changes will apply
    6. Fourty game plan plans are up in the air?????
    7. Packs will not be offered due to "lack of inventory"


    I think there will some kind of packs or smaller plans available if sales do not meet projections. Whatever those projections might be.

    I can't imagine not offering half season plans so maybe they are not sure what seating areas to include until sales gets a feel for FST renewals
    Fourty game renewals are out. Payment due in full by December 11. I guess plans will be sent out in about another week.

    Are there any fourty game plan holders out there?

  11. #28311
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    Fourty game renewals are out. Payment due in full by December 11. I guess plans will be sent out in about another week.

    Are there any fourty game plan holders out there?
    I know someone (not here on BF) who is a 40-game plan holder in Prom Club. Bought it for the post-season rights. Yeah, right....

    I mean, they are giving you every other playoff game.. why not in your seat?

    Anyways, those 40-game plans are crappy because neither one gets Opening Day, and they'll move you for the playoffs. IIRC, the cheapest ticket was in LF Reserve at an average of $50 per last season... too much for that location. I was tempted at a Prom Club package, and went with 2 15 game plans instead. Those gold and platinum games were WAY too expensive for my tastes.

    I expect an invoice for 15 game plans to be sent just before Thanksgiving.
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

  12. #28312
    Can anybody find the good, professional-looking Photoshop of Citi with blue walls that Cerrone posted a while back?

  13. #28313
    Quote Originally Posted by PartnerInGrime View Post
    Cerrone at Metsblog just posted that Dave Howard made a statement that there would be changes to Citi Field, which would be announced in December (along with a uniform change).

    Cerrone speculates that the outfield walls aren't coming in, and guesses that the change could be the height of the walls.

    www.metsblog.com
    My guess is home plate is going to be moved out... Resolves dimension issue and helps out with sightline issue.

  14. #28314
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
    My guess is home plate is going to be moved out... Resolves dimension issue and helps out with sightline issue.
    Moving Home Plate will require moving at least one foul pole.
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

  15. #28315
    Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Moving Home Plate will require moving at least one foul pole.
    Not a problem... If you notice, the foule poles are mounted on concrete slab... There is additional room on the concrete slab to move each of the two foulpoles inward... Notied that on the last day of the season when I was walking on the warning track.

  16. #28316
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
    Not a problem... If you notice, the foule poles are mounted on concrete slab... There is additional room on the concrete slab to move each of the two foulpoles inward... Notied that on the last day of the season when I was walking on the warning track.
    They may have to move the notch in the porch... Don't think there is an issue in LF, though.
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

  17. #28317
    Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    They may have to move the notch in the porch... Don't think there is an issue in LF, though.
    There is no notch in the porch. The pole is in front.

    There was a notch in the original rendering, but they didn't build it that way.

  18. #28318
    Quote Originally Posted by nymdan View Post
    There is no notch in the porch. The pole is in front.

    There was a notch in the original rendering, but they didn't build it that way.
    There's no notch, but they'd block some really good seats if that pole moves. The pole is currently aligned perfectly with the aisle. Even a foot in either direction would be bad for those seats.

  19. #28319
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by StadiumPage View Post
    There's no notch, but they'd block some really good seats if that pole moves. The pole is currently aligned perfectly with the aisle. Even a foot in either direction would be bad for those seats.
    It wouldn't stop them from selling the seats, though. It would be just like those Loge seats at Shea....
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

  20. #28320
    I was over looking at Target field thread and they have 2 Twins Logo installed out in scoreboard area. Not to mention only 4 spaces for ads. I still can't believe there's not a single Mets Logo set up on the field at Citi.

  21. #28321
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NEW YORK CITY
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by mrandradej View Post
    I was over looking at Target field thread and they have 2 Twins Logo installed out in scoreboard area. Not to mention only 4 spaces for ads. I still can't believe there's not a single Mets Logo set up on the field at Citi.
    Last edited by RICHIECOQUI; 11-17-2009 at 05:25 PM.

  22. #28322
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Shea Stadium
    Posts
    2,862
    I had never bought Mets tickets on Stub Hub prior to last season unless the game was a sell out. I always paid more as a walk up at the ticket window on game day. What Fred had wanted to do with the undersized new stadium was eliminate walk up traffic - and so he has. I'm never going to buy from Fred at face again if I can avoid it. Thanks to him, I've now gotten into the habit of expecting discounts from face. The fact that his fees are significantly higher than Stub Hub seals the deal.

    Given the non-renewals that will occur, Fred has flushed a significant chunk of income from walk up purchases down the toilet.

    The real fun will be watching him try to undercut his own season ticket holders selling on the secondary market in an effort to move his remaining inventory of tickets that he can't sell.

    This upcoming season and probable price war will be interesting to watch.


    "The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

  23. #28323
    I'd like to do a 40, but they haven't offered a Promenade Reserve option. Anyone think they will come around and offer it for 2010?

  24. #28324
    Quote Originally Posted by StadiumPage View Post
    There's no notch, but they'd block some really good seats if that pole moves. The pole is currently aligned perfectly with the aisle. Even a foot in either direction would be bad for those seats.
    I'm sure it wouldn't be a hard job to add some seats to one section and then move the aisle over, though whether the Mets would spend the money to do that, I don't know.

  25. #28325
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    KPIT Airport
    Posts
    1,119
    LOL . . . but the damn thing only makes an appearance after a home run, which in that park ain't too often.

    A full-time logo would be nice.

Page 1133 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 133633103310831123113111321133113411351143118312331633 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •