Page 1530 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 5301030143014801520152815291530153115321540158016302030 ... LastLast
Results 30,581 to 30,600 of 44970

Thread: Citi Field

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W View Post
    You write the caption...
    "Omar, for the last time, no I can't catch!"
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

You write the caption...
    Omar: I've gotta get this thing back to the wax museum before they realize it's missing.

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    When I called Customer Relations this afternoon around 1pm to clarify that yes, the Season Ticket Holder Pre-Sale on Sunday would include Opening Day but not the Yankees series games despite all four games being labeled "Platinum". As in Animal House, some games are more Platinum than others... And could end up catering to fans of another team.
    From that I dont think there will be a Subway Series lottery. OD right now has far less demand because Mets fans are down in the dumps about their club. The Subway Series on the other hand has more plan sales, likely more six pack sales, and higher individual demand because of Yankee fans who are high on their team right now. I'm sure the Mets also hope that if they get out to a good start, their fans perception of them may change by May, as opposed to opening day which will take place with a 0-0 record and a gloomy forecast on the season.

That being said, I dont think they will institute a lottery because last year when the fanbase was excited, the lottery proved to be an epic fail (with everyone that entered eventually getting picked as a "second chance" winner).

Quote Originally Posted by boulevardofdef View Post
    Geez, people are entitled to their opinions, but I really have to blanch at this level of anger. Nothing except, like, genocide is worth getting this worked up over. I mean, come on -- it's a little ridiculous. I don't mean any offense, it's just -- I mean, come on.

I never really got what was supposed to be so bad about Wilpon. Nobody's ever specific about it. It's amazing how people can talk and talk and never really quite manage to say anything real. What is it, that the Mets suck right now? They've been good before, and they've sucked before, and they'll be good in the future, and they'll suck again. This happens to all teams. Think the Phillies are good? Perhaps you forgot about their years of endless terribleness. The Mets make many missteps -- part of what makes them endearing, if you ask me -- but it's part of the game. Sometimes it takes them too long to fire the stupid GM, but they always get around to it eventually. (By the way, the current stupid GM was the most sought-after executive in baseball when they hired him.)

I always hear this "he doesn't care about the Mets" thing, which always strikes me as a bizarre thing to say about the guy who by definition has to care about the Mets more than anybody on earth. He's owned the team for 25 years, buying it at a time when owning a baseball team was actually a pretty terrible way to make money. Is it because he was a Dodgers fan growiing up? So were 80 percent or whatever of the original Mets fans. Watching the criticisms about too much Dodgers at Citi Field in the last couple of years, my eyes have been bulging out of my head. Do Mets fans really not recognize the team's historical connection to the Dodgers?

I still don't get how Citi could have been more original. Yeah, HOK built it, just like HOK builds almost all ballparks because teams are afraid to use anyone else because HOK has built the ballparks people like. There's Mets stuff all over it. I'm not sure why nobody realizes this. Player banners. Blown-up photos. The old skyline. The old apple. The new apple. Orange foul poles. You would never look at this ballpark and mistake it for anywhere else. I flip past it on TV and recognize it instantly every time.

I just have to say, using the opening of a chain Irish pub as a reason to bash the Mets and Wilpon and Citi Field is a severe, severe reach.

By the way, yes, I get mad at the Mets, too. That's part of being a fan. But it's not what being a fan is all about. You know, you don't have to be a Mets fan. You didn't marry into it. It's not in your genes. You can dump them like an abusive boyfriend. I hear the Yankees would love your business. If I were as angry as you are, I wouldn't be a fan -- of that I'm absolutely sure. Why would I be?
    Agreed with this, especially the bold. I never flip channels and mistake Citi Field for another park, or another park for Citi Field. So much of it is unique, from as you said the orange foulpoles, which only the Mets have, to the apple, to the black walls contrasting with the green seats, to the exterior, to the overhanging RF porch. I could go on but people get the picture. There has been this idea floating around that because all new ballparks incorporate ceartin similar features that are clear advancements over the parks that came before them (wider concourses, field view concourses, seating angled twoards the infield, smaller capacities than the giants that came before them) that they are all somehow replicas of each other. Citi and NYS have the same features and look absolutely nothing alike, Citizens Bank Park has some similarities but you have to be Stevie Wonder to mistake the two for each other. Even though they all have similar features and elements, each ballpark built in this generation has something recognisable to itself. While they still may not be perfect structures, its a huge difference from the previous generation where every stadium was an identical blueprint and the only variation was the color of seats chosen.

very entertaining folks...

I know the STH pre-sale is tomorrow, but I just got another email (this one wth a password) for a pre-sale on Tuesday. Do you think I could buy 4 OD tickets during BOTH? Or do you think if I buy 4 on Tuesday it will void my tickets I purchase tomorrow?

The pre-sale isn't for partial plan holders, is it? Just season ticket holders?

Never mind... I see the presale for the partial holders starts Monday. I also just got an e-mail about a presale for Stubhub buyers. What?

You write the caption...
    'cause if you like, then you should put a ring on it.
    Just call me a sports fan.

Here's an interesting one.

Sandy: You got Mets koodies!!!

Eddie: Teeheeheehe!!!

Just got this email. Unfortunatley the only games I care about, the Subway Series, are excluded.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

YOUR EXCLUSIVE SINGLE GAME PRE-SALE OPPORTUNITY STARTS TUESDAY

Dear Mets Ticket Buyer on StubHub:

As a Mets ticket purchaser on StubHub during the 2009 season, we are pleased to offer you an exclusive "Pre-Sale" opportunity to purchase single game tickets to 2010 Mets regular season home games (excluding only the Subway Series) in advance of our general public sales opening on Sunday, March 7.

Visit Mets.com starting Tuesday, March 2 at 10 a.m. through Friday, March 5 at 11:59 p.m., click on the Pre-Sale link and use the special password "SANTANA" for access.

A limited number of tickets for Opening Day, April 5 will be available in the Pre-Sale. You may purchase a maximum of four tickets for Opening Day, subject to availability.

This Pre-Sale is for individual ticket purchases. MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover will be accepted. Group Sales of 25 or more tickets to a game will be available starting March 7.
    Parks I've been to- RYS, NYS, Shea, Citi, CBP, Fenway,Dodger, At&T, Oakland, Nationals, Wrigley, US Cellular and Target Field.

To sum up:

Full STH pre-sale: Sunday, Feb 28
    Partial plan pre-sale: Monday, Mar 1
    Club Mets pre-sale: Tuesday, Mar 2
    StubHub buyers pre-sale: Tuesday, Mar 2

What's next? A pre-sale on Wednesday for anyone who's ever attended a Mets game?

Quote Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
    Here's an interesting one.

Sandy: Go on! Count my liver spots! I dare you!

Sandy: Fred Wilpon is going senile and thinks this says "Dodgers" and that you play in Ebbets Field, and I go along with it!

Both: Bwahahahaha!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    To sum up:

Full STH pre-sale: Sunday, Feb 28
    Partial plan pre-sale: Monday, Mar 1
    Club Mets pre-sale: Tuesday, Mar 2
    StubHub buyers pre-sale: Tuesday, Mar 2

What's next? A pre-sale on Wednesday for anyone who's ever attended a Mets game?

well i'm ok with the first 2 presales- the club mets...mmm ok but not on tuesday why not wednesday.. the stubhub is bad... is a killer for plp that sell tickets on stubhub, because there buyer, will be notify about the presale.. so why buy now on stubhub when there is a presale before public.....

In getting back, slightly, to 'stadium issues', I see over at the Target Stadium thread (new Twins park) that they have announced there are a number of obstucted view seats throughout the stadium. I do applaud them for stating this before tickets go on sale but it makes me wonder how long till Twins fan start to complain about the stupid architects, cheap owners, wrong colored walls .... oh, wait, that would be Mets fans. The Twins fans seemed thrilled to have a world class facility after years in that dump (worse than Shea). Guess they appreciate what they have.

You gotta wonder what the inventories are looking for like for the OTHER 77 games... There must be PLENTY... very interesting..

"Wait this isn't Dodger town?"

Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    Followed on Thursday by a pre-sale for anyone who's ever watched a Mets game on the television.
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rob R View Post

Sandy: Fred Wilpon is going senile and thinks this says "Dodgers" and that you play in Ebbets Field, and I go along with it!

Both: Bwahahahaha!
    Good one!

I am tired of the annual Sandy Koufax visits. Yeah, yeah, I know; he played ball with Fred. Fred was the better ballplayer in HS...etc etc.

Sandy(about every Met staff since the Reagan administration): "Hey, I think this staff could be really good, if they throw strikes, stay within themselves, and focus."

Phooey.

Page 1530 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 5301030143014801520152815291530153115321540158016302030 ... LastLast