Page 1533 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 533103314331483152315311532153315341535154315831633 ... LastLast
Results 38,301 to 38,325 of 43453

Thread: Citi Field

Reply is deleted due to erroneous duplicate submission.
    Last edited by sheagoodbye1010; 04-07-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Duplicate submission

Mega Groups

I love going to the early season week night games. For the cheapest possible ticket, you spread out and really enjoy the game without having to worry about the big crowds and long lines ect.
    Last year for the second home game of the season, I was expecting such a quiet night. However there was a mega-group (I believe North Shore-LIJ Hospital) which bought over 20 thousand tickets.
    In addition to the crowds, I had to overpay for promenade box seats, because PR and PRI were both sold out.
    I know there will mega-groups on the camp days but does anybody know any other mega-group day?

I like the color of the brick used on the exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    I can't wait to see if my Scorebig tix have the price I paid for them or face value. I figured they would be etickets and was surprised to find out I was getting paper.
    Sorry for the self quote

This is interesting.

The tickets are on regular single game stock.

1. Face value of $7.30 - A screw job if the game is cancelled/rained out
    2. Printed on 3/17/2011 - Meaning the Metsies knew they wouldn't sell for face.
    3. Sent from mid-town Manhattan - Meaning ScoreBig has them in physical inventory

This lends credence to my idea the Mets sold blocks of tickets wholesale. It also means the buyer CAN list them for peanuts on SH and still turn a profit.

I will use Scorebig very judiciously from now on.

Does anyone know if tickets purchased from Stub Hub carry the original printing date?

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Nobody has all of these blocks of tickets, and nobody can take these huge hits. They are not losses for the Mets, just reductions in price. Better to sell Delta Club tickets at a $100 discount than to have them sit empty. This last minute dumping will destroy the secondary market for FST's !

Next week, April 12, I already see blocks of Caesar's level tickets , sec 310, blocks of 20 and 24....for $10. If the Mets are not dumping these, somebody please explain who is ! Section 328 just went up for $10..24 seats. And surprise, none have that "instant download" option. The Mets are killing the secondary market.

The same rows and sections and amounts of seats are sprouting up for different games now.
    It does seem to be something they're doing in waves. Games in May do not have this flooding of very, very discounted tickets the way the April games do - yet. I am watching like a hawk to see when that will (not if) kick in, though.

If this goes on beyond April, I will forgive them for this ONLY if they then massively cut the prices for FSTs (especially for lower level seats like where I am) for next year. They're fools if they think we don't notice this. If it's not actually "the Mets themselves", it must be an agency very close with the Mets to have access to such big blocks of the same tickets across so many games. And either way, it's still a market-setting action on a large scale.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Sorry for the self quote

This is interesting.

3. Sent from mid-town Manhattan - Meaning ScoreBig has them in physical inventory

This lends credence to my idea the Mets sold blocks of tickets wholesale. It also means the buyer CAN list them for peanuts on SH and still turn a profit.

Does anyone know if tickets purchased from Stub Hub carry the original printing date?
    No, because SH sends you e-tickets only.

But these tix from ScoreBig... They literally have $7.30 printed as the box office face value, on Mets BO card stock, for tickets in Baseline Box?? With a printing date of 3/17/2011?

Can you post a pic of that (sans barcodes or after the game is played)?!
    Last edited by robardin; 04-07-2011 at 03:04 PM.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    I like the color of the brick used on the exterior.
    http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...191#post933191

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    No, because SH sends you e-tickets only.

But these tix from ScoreBig... They literally have $7.30 printed as the box office face value, on Mets BO card stock, for tickets in Baseline Box?? With a printing date of 3/17/2011?

Can you post a pic of that (sans barcodes or after the game is played)?!
    Thats what I was thinking...I couldn't believe that the actual ticket would say $7.30 or whatever as the price...ON THE TICKET! I've never seen that....

Usually the face value of the ticket is listed, or at times when i've been comp'd ticket (wife's aunt works for Sterling Mets) there is no price on the ticket and it just says "no rain date" where the price should be listed. But never anything below face...

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    It does seem to be something they're doing in waves. Games in May do not have this flooding of very, very discounted tickets the way the April games do - yet. I am watching like a hawk to see when that will (not if) kick in, though.

If this goes on beyond April, I will forgive them for this ONLY if they then massively cut the prices for FSTs (especially for lower level seats like where I am) for next year. They're fools if they think we don't notice this. If it's not actually "the Mets themselves", it must be an agency very close with the Mets to have access to such big blocks of the same tickets across so many games. And either way, it's still a market-setting action on a large scale.
    Could it be an entity like Goldstar? I've been receiving discount ticket offers from them for both the Mets and Yankees.

OK, here's a sanity check: StubHub shows "up to 24 seats together" (the whole row no doubt) in Section 328, Row 8 for Tue 4/12, listed at $10 each before fees.

I went to Mets.com and tried to buy 8 seats together in Caesars Silver. I got Section 310, Row 1, which does not show up on StubHub.

I upped my Mets.com selection to 20 seats together in Caesars Silver and got "The number of seats you requested in Caesars Club Silver was not found."

In the past, the Ticket Office has told me the inventory they see on their screens is the same as what Mets.com shows, except that they can view the entire set of sections, rows and seat locations to get you exact locations instead of the algorithmically "best available". So what this tells me is that the Mets are not actually selling at huge discounts directly from their ticket office, but are at a minimum selling tickets at a big bulk rate to some other organization that is at full liberty to dump for tax deductions if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by alpineinc View Post
    $6.75-$7.50 last year, IIRC. Pretty good prices, better than NYS as I understand. Are there really $11 beers at the Bronx ballyard?
    Yes. $7.50 for good draft beer. $6.75 for the domestics swill (at Citi)

In da Bronx:
    Domestic swill in the 22 oz cup is $11.
    If you want something good, like Guinness, it's $12.

Had two myself there this afternoon.... Ghost town. Cold and raw.

BUT....

There is more National League History in their museum than in the Mets Museum at Citi Field. Granted, most of it had to deal with Subway Series and the Yankees pasting of their opposition, but there were a fair amount of Giants and Dodgers paraphernalia there. I was impressed.. They even had a Mets Piazza jersey on display.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Last edited by dstoffa; 04-07-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

There is more National League History in their museum than in the Mets Museum at Citi Field. Granted, most of it had to deal with Subway Series and the Yankees pasting of their opposition, but there were a fair amount of Giants and Dodgers paraphernalia there. I was impressed.. They even had a Mets Piazza jersey on display.

Cheers!
    0Diyg

I totally agree with
    heck there is even more METS (shea stadium) stuff at the NYS for everyone to see then at citi-field
    unless the yankees took it down, in the great hall there are a few pictures for everyone to see
    of the 2000 world series,
    granted it is the yankees celebrating,but you can clearly see the mets logo in the background
    and pictures of when the yankees play at shea

I think these are the one

at citi-field you would have to go into the clubs to see any old pictures of shea or the polo grounds
    Last edited by drdg; 04-07-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Sorry for the self quote

This is interesting.

A smoking gun if I've ever seen one. As we all suspected the Mets are absolutely selling directly on the secondary market, probably through an intermediary so they claim they would never sell on on stubhub, scorebig, or whatever. That's a nice middle finger for all their season ticket holders

Just a few more hours to go...

X
    This is home now - Citi Field, capacity 41,800 - and every seat in this ballpark seemingly filled, some standees as well, anticipating a piece of history as delivered by Mike Pelfrey, the 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas. Into a windup, his first pitch in the history of Citi Field, a fastball for a called strike to Jody Gerut. Gerut off to a .214 start with no homers and one RBI. - Howie Rose calls the very first pitch thrown at Citi Field, April 13, 2009

It is possible they sold whole blocks at a discount to a wholesaler so they are not in the middle. Or created a commission deal with one based on # sold and revenue.

Either way it doesn't change the fact that the Mets are in panic mode. Willing to do whatever to generate revenue.

Not a good sign.
    NO. Those blocks of tickets you see are directly from the team. All teams (in every sport) who have trouble selling seats are now putting them on Stub Hub which has been standard practice for the last couple of years. Now it does work both ways, meaning when teams are sold out or it's a big game they will put those on Stub Hub at a premium.

And I was saying all offseason that the season ticket holders were crazy for buying those packages at regular price because much better seats were going to be available on SH for pennies on the dollar. Blame yourselves. Our economy is shot, nobody is spending top dollar for recreational items right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Just a few more hours to go...

$$$32.40 for that seat??? That P.T. Barnum quote comes to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    NO. Those blocks of tickets you see are directly from the team. All teams (in every sport) who have trouble selling seats are now putting them on Stub Hub which has been standard practice for the last couple of years. Now it does work both ways, meaning when teams are sold out or it's a big game they will put those on Stub Hub at a premium.

And I was saying all offseason that the season ticket holders were crazy for buying those packages at regular price because much better seats were going to be available on SH for pennies on the dollar. Blame yourselves. Our economy is shot, nobody is spending top dollar for recreational items right now.
    Did you , or anyone else including me, ever think $60 caesar silver sections would be put up in huge blocks for $10? This will KO the FST holders who can't go to every game !

Now, according to the media, the Mets were telling prospective buyers that the Mets will sell 3 million tickets in 2012.....could they be inflating sales in 2011 since it could be that the recent story that the Mets had only sold 600K tickets is actually true ??? Or would prospective buyers get to see any stub hub stunts?

$10 caesar silver with club access versus the promenade where most ticket holders get to sit out in the cold and rain. Wow.

So in regards to the musuems at Citi and YS, i find the Mets musuem to be thrown together and really lacks alot. I never been to the YS one, but will this summer. From the pictures i seen, they have done a great job and Yes they do have Mets stuff their.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BMF View Post
    Howdie folks, I know its been a while since i've posted here, but I just wanna say Lets go Mets and over achieve this years expectations... HI DISHY
    Hi Big Man!!!

I think the Mets wholesaled my ticket to Scorebig since it was printed three weeks ago, came from midtown, and has a face value of $7.30.

Whether the ticket was sold to Scorebig, or Scorebig is a front end for the Mets the end result is the same. ST and plan holders, even small flex pack holders like myself were screwed.

I know I will not be the only one who gets a smoking gun.

Did you , or anyone else including me, ever think $60 caesar silver sections would be put up in huge blocks for $10? This will KO the FST holders who can't go to every game !

Now, according to the media, the Mets were telling prospective buyers that the Mets will sell 3 million tickets in 2012.....could they be inflating sales in 2011 since it could be that the recent story that the Mets had only sold 600K tickets is actually true ??? Or would prospective buyers get to see any stub hub stunts?

$10 caesar silver with club access versus the promenade where most ticket holders get to sit out in the cold and rain. Wow.
    What was the printed face value on the Audi Club seats you got from Goldstar last year?

Yes! I have been seeing it all over the country in every sport for at least the past 2 years. I knew because of the poor economy and the ridiculous prices the Wilpons charge that tickets would go for pennies on the dollar at SH. I said this over and over again during the offseason as it is now the perfect storm for this to happen to the Mets. The practice of dumping tickets is a regular occurrence in other markets and now it has finally caught up to the NY market. No surprise considering who is running the government. The middle class is now getting wiped out and the people who still have money are holding onto it. Unless you have unlimited amounts of wealth right now, you should not be spending money at top dollar for sporting events unless it's a BIG game.

I think the Mets wholesaled my ticket to Scorebig since it was printed three weeks ago, came from midtown, and has a face value of $7.30.

Whether the ticket was sold to Scorebig, or Scorebig is a front end for the Mets the end result is the same. ST and plan holders, even small flex pack holders like myself were screwed.

I know I will not be the only one who gets a smoking gun.

They aren't wholesaled, the Mets pay them to sell the tickets with either a commission per ticket sold or a flat fee for handling sales. Probably both depending on how much they sell. Basically Scorebig is the sales force for the Mets because thats what they do best, sell tickets. As opposed to the Mets themselves hiring and training in house, they farm the sales part out to this company. But it's still the Mets selling you these tickets.

How does anyone sell $60 tickets in Caesar's silver, entire rows of 24 seats in sections 310 and 328 for $10 each? This undercuts everyone in the prom and pri, and prom box and prom club. Why sit upstairs in the elements with no club access when you can be undercover in case of rain, and club access to get out of the cold. The FST upstairs should be annoyed.

And to have the same seats in the same sections in the same rows for different games? At a 83% discount?
    I can't say if Scorebig is hte purchaser of all the cheapo's on SH but if they bought my BB seat from the Mets for $7.30 they could dump it for $10 and still make $1.20 on the deal. and work on volume.

I paid $19.77 for the ticket and they made even more than that.

They aren't wholesaled, the Mets pay them to sell the tickets with either a commission per ticket sold or a flat fee for handling sales. Probably both depending on how much they sell. Basically Scorebig is the sales force for the Mets because thats what they do best, sell tickets. As opposed to the Mets themselves hiring and training in house, they farm the sales part out to this company. But it's still the Mets selling you these tickets.
    Lets just agree that regardless of what Scorebig is the Mets are dumping tickets to the detriment of thier most loyal fans.

Page 1533 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 533103314331483152315311532153315341535154315831633 ... LastLast