Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 410 FT
    • Oct 2008

Ralf I like alot. Background would be the best in MLB. The sun?,who plays day games anymore? How's the area,crime wise? And besides,the Mets would be "in" N.Y. the Yanks would face THE Bronx.

Comment

• tfc3rid
      Heading South
      • Feb 2008

Speaking of Tix... I JUST got an email to my secondary address for the second chance Subway Series ticket purchasing opportunity...

Nothing left by Baseline Box for a cool $105... No thanks.

Comment

• robardin
        Orange + Blue Pincushion
        • Apr 2009

Well I just got that Flushing Flash email about buying Subway Series tix that a bunch of you got yesterday. To quote Gary Dunaier about Billy Joel: "FEH!"

The cheapest tickets left are singles in LF Reserved or RF Reserved, back rows. Pairs are Baseline Box in the crappiest box (the back of 132 -- tell me how those seats are different from one section over, 134, which is LF Reserved for 33% or $35 less per ticket) or back-row Caesars Bronze seats at $161 a piece ("The extra $1 is for rendering unto Caesars").

I've sold all my Subway tix and definitely can't go on either Saturday or Sunday (kids birthday parties in the family, including for one of my own kids). I can't see reselling a single ticket for profit, I can't see reselling CC Bronze+ level tickets for a profit at this late date (especially with a 15% StubHub commission), and I'm not going to the game on Friday for that price ($82 for the back row of RF Reserved): I'll just watch it on my HDTV.

Like I think I'm gonna do next year...
        «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• srm627
          • May 2009

yeah I just called to and balked at what was left. I already have the overpriced baseline box for the friday game. I would have bought them if I thought I could sell some but didn't want to be stuck with those tickets.

Comment

• Paul W
            • May 2008

[QUOTE=ribant;1545989
            Plus where do you put the parking.[/QUOTE]

same reason that the west side football monstrosity wouldn't work...
            the turd in the punchbowl
            reality really sucks.
            enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Ralf
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ribant View Post
              Ralf,

The place you want to put the stadium is state parkland. It just couldn't happen. I know the Yanks took over Mullaly, but that was a city park - politicaly a much different animal.

I can just imagine the reaction Joe Bruno and the rest of the upstate politicos would have with that one.

Plus where do you put the parking.
              The state park is just to the south of that site.

Parking garages on the other side of the canal. Its all industrial over there and just a short walk.

Also, you'd use old Shea for a shuttle site. People could park there for free and take the 7 train less than 10 minutes to Hunter Point.
              Last edited by Ralf; 06-19-2009, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• ribant
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Ralf View Post
                The state park is just to the south of that site.

Parking garages on the other side of the canal. Its all industrial over there and just a short walk.
                I'm pretty sure it's owned by the state, but has not been developed yet. Though I could be wrong

Comment

• tfc3rid
                  Heading South
                  • Feb 2008

Ralf, that area of Newtown Creek is where the oil spill leak is. It has yet to be cleaned up, so there would have to have been an extreme amount of remediation in order for it to happen.

It would have been great to have the place built with a look at the NYC skyline... That is an element where a lot of the new ballaprks have done very, very well...

Comment

• ribant
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                    same reason that the west side football monstrosity wouldn't work...
                    Atlantic Yards will have the same problem

Comment

• robardin
                      Orange + Blue Pincushion
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by srm627 View Post
                      Yeah I just called to and balked at what was left.
                      So, for one of the most premium games of the year, the team itself (never mind aftermarket sellers) cannot get takers at face value for these seats.

THIS
                      BETTER
                      BE
                      A
                      WAKE
                      UP
                      CALL
                      FOR
                      THEM
                      «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• foulpole
                        • Dec 2008

I just got Sunday Subway Series tix through the infamous second chance thingy. I got Ceasar's Club 333 row 11 seat 1-2 and sec 130 row 18, all for $105 each + fees. It's the wife's B-day and she wanted to go (we have some friends already going), so I figured we'd have to pay that much for PRI on SH anyway. Anybody know what the front row is in 130, because I think it starts pretty far back IIRC.

Comment

• srm627
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by robardin View Post
                          So, for one of the most premium games of the year, the team itself (never mind aftermarket sellers) cannot get takers at face value for these seats.

THIS
                          BETTER
                          BE
                          A
                          WAKE
                          UP
                          CALL
                          FOR
                          THEM
                          Yeah exactly. I might have been more interested if I hadn't just purchased tickets for 114 row 12 for 65 after fees on stubhub for tonights game. Face value of which is $210. That is ridiculous.

Comment

• tfc3rid
                            Heading South
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by foulpole View Post
                            I just got Sunday Subway Series tix through the infamous second chance thingy. I got Ceasar's Club 333 row 11 seat 1-2 and sec 130 row 18, all for $105 each + fees. It's the wife's B-day and she wanted to go (we have some friends already going), so I figured we'd have to pay that much for PRI on SH anyway. Anybody know what the front row is in 130, because I think it starts pretty far back IIRC.
                            I ended up getting a single in Prom Club for Saturday's Mets-Yankees, popped it up on SH and sold it for $200... Was curious to see if people would buy it...

Comment

• nymdan
                              • Mar 2007

I realized, after working the past couple of weeks in Long Island City, that the Mets really screwed up by putting Citi in teh parking lot of Shea. There is a great location in LIC just west of Vernon Blvd in Hunters Point, right on the water overlooking the 59th Street bridge and Manhattan that would have been an incredible site for a ballpark. There is a LIRR line and the 7 line that stop nearby and the area has great views of Midtown. The Wilpons and the city totally blew it.

No thanks. I'll take the convenience of the current location versus a nice view of the skyline.

Comment

• srm627
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by tfc3rid View Post
                                I ended up getting a single in Prom Club for Saturday's Mets-Yankees, popped it up on SH and sold it for $200... Was curious to see if people would buy it...
                                Nice hit..... But are people really that crazy or dumb.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X