X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mandrake
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by tomzpc View Post
    You do realize the number of injuries that we've had to key players? I have complaints about some of Omar's decisions but it's hard to blame this on him. Any other team would have the same kind of lineup, or worse, if they lost 6 of their 10 best players to injury at the same time.
    Tom
    Look at the Los Angeles/Calfornia/Anaheim/Los Angeles of Anaheim Angels this season. Probably just as DL loaded, tragic event,etc as the Mets.
    If you were betting, who makes the playoffs...the Mets or the Angels.

And who has more money to land a rent-a- player or two if need be?

And who has a great farm system, and whose looks like the Dust Bowl from the depression?

I have read a few articles, including some already linked on BF in the Mets threads, where F Mart is the ONLY minor league prospect in their farm system.

They scapegoated Randolph last season. Manuel is probably next. But the real culprit is Omar.

Comment

• Dishy24
      Prom Club 416
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by tfc3rid View Post
      I wish they would listen... They are going to be crying for $$ after Citi is half empty this second half if this keeps up (which I think it will)...
      Yeah, but they will still announce a “paid attendance” of 35,000 people—with under 20,000 butts actually in the seats. They should announce the number of loyal STHs taking a bath this season.

Comment

• BobbyBo685
        • Dec 2008

........and we're back in third grade again

Comment

• NYBase
          • Jan 2008

Civil conversations are impossible... all the guy said was the he really liked the frieze. This site is something...
          Twenty Seven

Comment

• tomzpc
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
            Tom
            I have read a few articles, including some already linked on BF in the Mets threads, where F Mart is the ONLY minor league prospect in their farm system.
            Actually, this isn't true. The Mets system isn't "loaded" but it also isn't among the worst. There is no major league ready talent right now but the system has a handful of "very" highly regarded players in A and AA(recently since Holt and Mejia were promoted to the B-Mets).

Look, I agree that if this team fails to make the post-season, injuries or not, that Omar should go but that being said, I don't recall ever seeing one of my teams get more decimated by injuries than this one in my 40+ years of watching sports.

Comment

• mandrake
              • Dec 2006

I don't know if this link will work, but I read it under the NY mets threads...

Comment

• ribant
                • Dec 2008

Actually, this isn't true. The Mets system isn't "loaded" but it also isn't among the worst. There is no major league ready talent right now but the system has a handful of "very" highly regarded players in A and AA(recently since Holt and Mejia were promoted to the B-Mets).

Look, I agree that if this team fails to make the post-season, injuries or not, that Omar should go but that being said, I don't recall ever seeing one of my teams get more decimated by injuries than this one in my 40+ years of watching sports.
                You can't hold Omar accountable for the injuries. He put a solid front line out there, as good as any in this league.

And you really can't accuse the Wilpons of penny pinching. The Mets have the highest payroll in the league.

BUT You can accuse them of extreme short sightedness in not putting a reserve IF together. And not just this season. Alex Cora is the first decent back up SS Jose Reyes ever had. Tatis at 2B is scary. And the revolving 1B nightmare reminds me of Kong out there.

Just as bad is on OF with Sheff and Tatis on the corners and Church in the middle. Church has a good arm, but limited range

Can someone please tell Omar that an OF the size of Citi's needs jackrabbits and doubles hitters. Not over the hill power hitters like Tatis and Sheffield.

Although i have to admit if Sheffield wasn't there I don't know what this team would do for offense.

Comment

• Yankees12
                  NYS: Home of Champions
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by NYBase View Post
                  Civil conversations are impossible... all the guy said was the he really liked the frieze. This site is something...
                  Seriously - it's crap like this that has driven a lot of the posters from back when these 2 parks were under construction away (myself included).

Comment

• bklyn8
                    PRI 512, Row 1
                    • Jul 2008

Actually, I think that the Jets did it the RIGHT way, basing it 100% on seniority so I can understand how people got bumped. The problem though is that I can go online right now and get season tickets in the cheapest section (upstairs end zone) at $75 each. I just checked again right now and I can get 2 seats in section 308, row 29 for $1500. My brother who is a Jets STH said that the upper bowl is sold out but apparently they have held some back for possible new accounts while forcing people like your friends to upgrade.
                    tomzpc - do you need to have been called by the Jets' office to purchase these tickets? I can't find a link on the Jets' site.

Comment

• CoreyNYC
                      Citi Field Sec 514, Row 2
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by NYBase View Post
                      ...and then he posted a series of NYS photos...IN THE CF THREAD

Comment

• tomzpc
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by bklyn8 View Post
                        tomzpc - do you need to have been called by the Jets' office to purchase these tickets? I can't find a link on the Jets' site.
                        They emailed me because I'm on the waiting list and already had an account # and password since I had registered for the coaches club auction (just for kicks).

Comment

• Flushing Roots
                          20 Game Plan Section 138
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by tfc3rid View Post
                          Just wait till playoff invoices come... Will you buy? I won't... This team is finished.
                          DITTO!!!

Comment

• Bronxbomberjet
                            Made the Team
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by CoreyNYC View Post
                            ...and then he posted a series of NYS photos...IN THE CF THREAD

Wrong Corey...

I did not post a "series" of NYS photos at the Citi Field thread.
                            I only posted one photo of the NYS frieze, which included an exact angle of "Citi Field's" roof, in the same type of sunset condition.
                            I was simply trying to show a comparison between the two new ballparks.

Sorry if that offended you....

Comment

• tagvestibule
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bronxbomberjet View Post
                              Citi Field is nice, but it doesn't put me in awe, like NYS does...
                              Sometimes I lose focus on the game at NYS, because I start to marvel at the palace itself. That doesn't happen when I'm in Citi..
                              Oh, so THAT'S what happened to Castillo!!!! :lightbulb:

Comment

• Bronxbomberjet
                                Made the Team
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by tagvestibule View Post
                                Oh, so THAT'S what happened to Castillo!!!! :lightbulb:

Good one!
                                :hyper::applaud:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X