Page 1620 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 620112015201570161016181619162016211622163016701720 ... LastLast
Results 40,476 to 40,500 of 43389

Thread: Citi Field

Quote Originally Posted by tomkaz View Post
    http://away.com/features/top-ten-bas...tadiums-1.html

citi field did not make the list.....

Away's Top Ten Travel Destinations
    Take Me Out to the Ballpark: Top Ten Baseball Stadiums
    That's not much of a list because they lose all credibility by putting Turner Field at number 6 and not even including the Giants park on that list

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    That's not much of a list because they lose all credibility by putting Turner Field at number 6 and not even including the Giants park on that list
    Its a really old list too. The Yankee Stadium passage mentions that they ARE building a new ballpark and that the Mets play at Shea.

Hey guys, went to Citi Field today to meet my rep and pick out my seats for the upcoming season. Here are 2 photos I took of the new fence going up. Nothing has really started in left field yet.

Not Mommy, not Daddy.....METSIE, METSIE, METSIE.

Quote Originally Posted by Petemc1969 View Post
    Hey guys, went to Citi Field today to meet my rep and pick out my seats for the upcoming season. Here are 2 photos I took of the new fence going up. Nothing has really started in left field yet.
    Thanks for the pics!

What plan and location did you pick up? Apparently they've given up on many of the 40 game spots and are moving them in 15 game plans - like Caesars Box 326 row 6 or something. Since they're not guaranteed same location renewals they can be reallocated if/when demand for 40 or full season plans return. (Though this tangent belongs in the Citi Field Tickets & Concessions thread, I lost track of which one I was in initially)
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    Thanks for the pics!

What plan and location did you pick up? Apparently they've given up on many of the 40 game spots and are moving them in 15 game plans - like Caesars Box 326 row 6 or something. Since they're not guaranteed same location renewals they can be reallocated if/when demand for 40 or full season plans return. (Though this tangent belongs in the Citi Field Tickets & Concessions thread, I lost track of which one I was in initially)

I bought the 20-game Weekday Plan C. They were able to offer me Baseline Box 106 Row 15 so I would imagine that sales are really rough for FST and 40 game plans.
    Not Mommy, not Daddy.....METSIE, METSIE, METSIE.

What a friggin mess they made of the outfield. Should call it Shanty Field...I miss the tarp.

Last edited by metfan61; 01-16-2012 at 07:27 PM.

ha ha. The steel roofing is very ugly.

Still better looking than the war zone across the street.

Out of curiosity, I made a composite from 2 images that showed the new CF dimensions as well as NYS's (note: the legend's Orange color is under the furthest Black in the outfield).

Even with the changes it looks like it'll still require something a bit more legit than a pop fly to get a homer in right field.
    It also appears that the Pepsi Porch overhang into fair territory has been maintained.

All in all, I'm still shocked at the differences in RF between NYS and what is now NCF.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by KoosFan View Post
    Out of curiosity, I made a composite from 2 images that showed the new CF dimensions as well as NYS's (note: the legend's Orange color is under the furthest Black in the outfield).

Even with the changes it looks like it'll still require something a bit more legit than a pop fly to get a homer in right field.
    It also appears that the Pepsi Porch overhang into fair territory has been maintained.

All in all, I'm still shocked at the differences in RF between NYS and what is now NCF.
    It really is amazing what the Yankees pitching staff has to contend with.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    It really is amazing what the Yankees pitching staff has to contend with.
    Similar to that poor Phillies pitching staff.
    Seriously, some hitters parks favor the hitters, what can you do?
    Last edited by LI METS FAN; 01-19-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Let's stay on topic, folks. Thanks.
    Put it in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by KoosFan View Post

Unfortunately, your plan is a bit inaccurate. The "new" CF dimensions have changed a bit. The new fences in RF and RCF will be brought in more than that. And the overhang is no longer in play.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

its tough to watch pop flys be called HR's in the boogie down. Cheapens baseball. Lets wait and see how Citifield plays. I personally like pitchers parks..

I hope the final version is a little more professional looking. This looks like something I could put up in my back yard.

Blog Entries

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...pieces-of-citi

Garage sale: Mets auction pieces of Citi
    By Andrew Marchand
    Well, just like the rest of us, when you need to raise some cash, the Wilpons are having a garage sale. They are auctioning off pieces of their stadium.

You can have a portion of the soon-to-be defunct wall that had the Wheat Thins ad, the Verizon ad, the Delta ad and the Lincoln ad on it. The Mets are opening the bids around $800 to $1K for each of these. Consider there is barely any history associated with them -- they are not exactly Fenway's Citgo sign after three years -- it is hard to believe there is a huge market. But when you need cash, you need cash.

What might be more appealing are pieces of the 1988 NL East Division wall banner, the 2006 NL East Division wall banner and the 2000 NL champion wall banner. At least they represent winning something, not companies who paid money to advertise on a wall.

As any of us who have ever had a garage sale know, every dollar matters so step right up and help your team get rid of the junk memorabilia they don't need anymore.

Questions of the Day: Would you buy any of this stuff? How much would you pay for it? And why?
    Last edited by Jim Vaz; 01-19-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Actually, there is history associated with the wall that had the Wheat Thins ad... that's the wall over which Jody Gerut's home run - the very first hit at Citi Field during a regular season game - flew over...
    X
    I wonder what it’s like after death. Prob’ly it’s like it is b’fore birth. Is it nothing? Non-existence? That’s not hard t’understand, but it’s hard for people t’accept. It’s hard for them to imagine not existing because all of their memories are of their existence, not non-existence. An’ people ain’t too crazy about the idea of themselves not existing. - Harvey Pekar, “Short Weekend: A Story About the Cosmic and the Ordinary,” American Splendor #3, 1978.

What's the over/under on Lucas Duda catching a spike in the chain link and doing a gruesome Bobby Valentine imitation? What are they thinking?
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Actually, there is history associated with the wall that had the Wheat Thins ad... that's the wall over which Jody Gerut's home run - the very first hit at Citi Field during a regular season game - flew over...
    True Gary. Isn't that guy not even in the majors now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    But Gary, don't I recall you showed us that they actually changed that Wheat Thins sign from the original opening day design?

I'd rather have $800 worth of actual wheat thins. I'm starving.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Vaz View Post
    True Gary. Isn't that guy not even in the majors now?
    You are correct... but what you may not know is that Jody Gerut chose to retire from baseball, and he did so for the right reasons...

"I can no longer, in good conscience, play the game in a manner that reflects the positive example for the younger generation of baseball players," he said. "Physcially, I'm fine. But mentally, my reasons for wanting to be in uniform have become so thin and narrow that I refuse to disrespect the game that has provided so generously for my family in a halfhearted way.

"This game of ours owes me nothing, but I owe the game at least that much. When a player finds his willingness to compete to be so greatly diminished, that player must leave the game so as not to disrespect it by becoming a player who plays solely for his paycheck and his own personal glory.

"This is a notion so distasteful to me it makes me physically sick to my stomach."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ith_digni.html
    X
    I wonder what it’s like after death. Prob’ly it’s like it is b’fore birth. Is it nothing? Non-existence? That’s not hard t’understand, but it’s hard for people t’accept. It’s hard for them to imagine not existing because all of their memories are of their existence, not non-existence. An’ people ain’t too crazy about the idea of themselves not existing. - Harvey Pekar, “Short Weekend: A Story About the Cosmic and the Ordinary,” American Splendor #3, 1978.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Dubs View Post
    But Gary, don't I recall you showed us that they actually changed that Wheat Thins sign from the original opening day design?
    I'll go you one further: the actual ad that appeared on the wall at the time Jody Gerut hit the home run was for New Era caps.
    X

Quote Originally Posted by D-Dubs View Post
    I'll go you one further: the actual ad that appeared on the wall at the time Jody Gerut hit the home run was for New Era caps.
    X

Those new fences are gonna have Tarp type ads on them like the xerox sign because its a chain link fence. Might look really cheap like the owners...

My God what has happened to this great franchise? Why not sell the cups left in the seats after a game as a "game used cup". You can't even make up what you read but you are not suprised...

Quote Originally Posted by AMAYSN 24 View Post
    ...what has happened to this great franchise? Why not sell the cups left in the seats after a game as a "game used cup". You can't even make up what you read but you are not suprised...
    when was it great? it hasn't been much different than most of the others - up years and down years without sustained periods of winning except for the late 80's (22 below .500/21 above .500). the 80's rise was due to doubleday's influence and $$$'s, since he was forced out by fred-do & co. and their madoff money it hasn't been "great" with any degree of regularity.
    Last edited by Paul W; 01-20-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

Page 1620 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 620112015201570161016181619162016211622163016701720 ... LastLast