Page 1620 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 6201120152015701610161816191620162116221630167017202120 ... LastLast
Results 32,381 to 32,400 of 44970

Thread: Citi Field

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul W View Post
    just a thought, will this be removed during the winter?
    having it out there, could be a vandalism target in the wee hours or the dead of winter...
    You would think at the least that after seeing in what a lousy condition it was in after they removed it from Shea that they would possibly tarp it up over the long winter.

http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
    Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
    http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

Quote Originally Posted by RkFast View Post
    Was at my first of the year last night and I gotta get this off my chest.

All you people micro analyizing the park, talking about lines and colors of the most smallest of things need to get a life a little bit.

Dont get me wrong, I understand the point of this board is to talk about the park and what not, but we REALLY need to take a step back and look at the big picture here.
    I mean...getting mad that there is now concrete by the apple in HR territory becuase the HR lie was lowered.....really? THIS gets you upset? Really? Come on now.

Ill be the first to admit, there are some things I dont like about CF. I HATE that the promenade doesnt circle the whole park and I think the place is a bit too "busy" for my taste. And dont get me started on the totally elitist ticket pricing. Heck, its not even my favorite park...Safeco is. But overall, the place IS just downright gorgeous and a lot of fun to be in. So stop getting pissy about concrete and the colors of the hallways or the fact they put purple flowers outside and just enjoy the place! Mets fans are lucky to have it.

One more thing...the changes they implemented, from the new bullpens, to the museum, to moving the apple, to the murals are PERFECT. They did an amazing job with that stuff and it feels much more like "The Home of the Mets." They struck a nice balance of "Metsifying" the place, without hitting you over the head with that stuff like Yankee Stadium does. VERY well done!

OK, flame away.
    As a "big picture" kinda guy myself, I applaud your perspective. Go in there looking for something not to like, and you'll find it. Go in there saying "is this better than what we had before", and "I'm here to enjoy myself; let's look at the good and not the bad" is a far more positive approach than nitpicking.

On the other hand, as you suggest, this forum is for sharing of ideas and healthy debate, so I have to respect that too.

what seating areas in citi field are like the legends suites in nys where you have all inclusive food and non alcaholic beverages

Blog Entries
    An ocean of outfield, except in foul territory, crazy wall lines, and nothing behind the plate. I'd like to meet the group of geniuses who engineered the design of the playing field.
    "And their chances of getting back into this ballgame are growing dimmer by the batter."

Put it in the books.

Photos from last night's game:
    First off, images of the Control Room outside the Caesars Club 1B Side Entrance - never seen a window into this room in any other park, and it was definitely cool to check out for a while -

Overview of Control Room:

Reviewing and Editing Replays:

Cameras 1 thru 9 Watch John Maine Go Up Against Cameron Maybin:

Graphics and Images for Scoreboard During Maybin At-Bat:

Cameras 4 thru 6, 10 thru 12, and Wireless Cameras 14 thru 16 In Between Innings...Camera 6 Had a Thing For This Blonde:

Cameras, Graphics, and Stats for Gary Matthews' At-Bat ... And Michelle Byrne Is About To Be Announced "Budweiser DD of the Game"

Putting Together "Designated Driver of the Game" Graphic:

Pre-Set Scripts for Various Points of the Game:

Stats, Player Graphics, and More - All Run Through This Guy's Screens:

Creating the "Fan Photos of the Game" Graphic:
    http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
    Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
    http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

All you people micro analyizing the park, talking about lines and colors of the most smallest of things need to get a life a little bit.

Dont get me wrong, I understand the point of this board is to talk about the park and what not, but we REALLY need to take a step back and look at the big picture here.

I mean...getting mad that there is now concrete by the apple in HR territory becuase the HR lie was lowered.....really? THIS gets you upset? Really? Come on now.

Ill be the first to admit, there are some things I dont like about CF. I HATE that the promenade doesnt circle the whole park and I think the place is a bit too "busy" for my taste. And dont get me started on the totally elitist ticket pricing. Heck, its not even my favorite park...Safeco is. But overall, the place IS just downright gorgeous and a lot of fun to be in. So stop getting pissy about concrete and the colors of the hallways or the fact they put purple flowers outside and just enjoy the place! Mets fans are lucky to have it.

One more thing...the changes they implemented, from the new bullpens, to the museum, to moving the apple, to the murals are PERFECT. They did an amazing job with that stuff and it feels much more like "The Home of the Mets." They struck a nice balance of "Metsifying" the place, without hitting you over the head with that stuff like Yankee Stadium does. VERY well done!

OK, flame away.
    No flaming from here. Excellent post. I always like to read what other fans write, especially if they have other ballparks that they like better (or worse).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
    what seating areas in citi field are like the legends suites in nys where you have all inclusive food and non alcaholic beverages
    Caesar's Club and (I think) the Acela Club.
    "And their chances of getting back into this ballgame are growing dimmer by the batter."

Put it in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
    I don't think there are any at CF. Delta Platinum/Gold have 'light snacks and non alcoholic drinks' in the Delta Lounge, but that may be it. Anyone know what they mean by 'light snacks'. I hope it is better than what Delta gives you on their flights !

Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    I'm a rib guy and in my opinion the ribs at Blue Smoke are the best deal in the park. Tender and smokey with a teriffic sauce. $12 for a nice size portion of ribs is not much more than you would pay in the real world.
    Were these $12 last season. I may be wrong, but I thought they were $10. ??????

Anybody know what the menu is for 2010 for the in-seat service ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    That's me in the Mets road Jersey Porch 305 , row 6 seat 1 (aisle)...

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post

I'm pretty sure they were $10 and the pulled pork sandwich was $8. Both are $2 higher now. But it does seem the piortion is bigger. For $12 on OD I got six big ribs and the pork sandwich was huge.

OK, flame away.
    Ok I'll flame away. You prance in here on your high horse attacking anyone who criticizes parts of the ballpark and yet you go on and start criticizing what you don't like about the ballpark. So basically you want everyone here who complains to shut up... just as long as it's about something that you don't have a problem with. See: hypocrisy.

Also, it's funny (and ironic) how the people who are typically nasty to others on this board are NOT the ones who complain about the ballpark, but rather the ones who want others to stop complaining and be more positive.

OK, flame away.
    These are pretty close to my thoughts too - the analysis of the HR Apple/wall being the most annoying.

Now we can debate whether the apple should have been there in the 1st place - the proposed location early on put it under the CF scoreboard (next to the CF camera tower) - that's where the ToNY dining tables are, so in that respect the proposed location would have caused more crowding in the food court and less visibility of the field in that area.

The apple is around 15' tall (the concrete wall height at the apple is 16') - its not practical to have the wall of the apple be only 8 or 12 feet - the top of the apple would be visible at all times IN THE BATTERS EYE area.

Which means - a) relocating the whole apple to another location, b) replacing the new apple with a smaller apple or c) keep the existing wall height and apple.

IMO I think c) is the most practical answer.
    Last edited by schnu; 04-08-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by milladrive View Post
    Caesar's Club and (I think) the Acela Club.
    I don't think so at all. I went to every club at CF last year, and the ACELA club is very expensive. The only think I see where stuff is included on the mets site is the Delta Lounge.
    If anyone has specifics, I am all ears !!!

Blog Entries

OK, flame away.
    when you have enough stuff to do it you will
    I mean one hall of famer and 2 world series championships wont get it done

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    I'm pretty sure they were $10 and the pulled pork sandwich was $8. Both are $2 higher now. But it does seem the piortion is bigger. For $12 on OD I got six big ribs and the pork sandwich was huge.
    The ribs were indeed $10 last year. Here's last year's menu:

Quote Originally Posted by StadiumPage View Post
    That's me in the Mets road Jersey Porch 305 , row 6 seat 1 (aisle)...
    ok, I am gonna end up feeling like an idiot after i ask this question......where is that scoreboard with wright on it located? (note: I have not yet been to citi field, although I plan to this year.)

sorry, here's the pic...

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseamania View Post
    ok, I am gonna end up feeling like an idiot after i ask this question......where is that scoreboard with wright on it located? (note: I have not yet been to citi field, although I plan to this year.)
    It's located in the right field corner. It's an additional monitor that was added late last season.

Here's a shot that I took last August. It should give you a good idea of where it's located.

Last edited by johnql; 04-08-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: added photo

Page 1620 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 6201120152015701610161816191620162116221630167017202120 ... LastLast