Page 1628 of 2255 FirstFirst ... 6281128152815781618162616271628162916301638167817282128 ... LastLast
Results 32,541 to 32,560 of 45081

Thread: Citi Field

Quote Originally Posted by OSUBuckly View Post
    The strange thing to me was that on the day before and the morning of the game, Stubhub had only like 100 seats available. I thought for sure that the nice weather + Santana + Reyes meant that people bought them all up. Those empty seats on TV told a different story.
    Who can say? Someone bought 2 tickets in PRI from me for the Saturday game at a very mild premium ($60 for a pair, on a $25 face value) a few weeks before the game, and I was all psyched about going for The Return Of Jose Reyes, but he never showed up. Those 2 seats next to me remained empty the whole game.

But as far as StubHub goes, I think there are far, far fewer tickets available than from last year because most people with ticket plans who sold them on a game-to-game basis last year bailed for this year after taking a major bloodbath. What you're seeing are mostly listings from people with maybe 10-20 games to dispose of in that manner, and don't desperately need the money back -- they're probably willing to donate them for face value tax deductions before taking a big discount from face value after fees in return.

Or people with really primo seats who feel they can get an aftermarket premium for them regardless of the team's success, like Section 515 Row 1 or 2 or something. For example for 4/24 the cheapest PRI ticket you'll find is still more expensive than buying from the Mets directly online, by about $5 per ticket, net of fees in both cases. Why would that be? Maybe because the "Best Available" from the Mets is in Section 508 Row 11 (for a party of 5 which I checked for), which is still not bad, but the cheapest PRI ticket listed on StubHub is in 517 Row 8. Given how cheap PRI is already, I could see someone paying a moderate premium per ticket to sit in 517 Row 8 versus 508 Row 11.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    Having never been there, my curiosity was piqued by the reference to a "mildly offensive caricature of a Mexican". So, I googled it and here's what I found. I guess that's a fairly accurate description.
    Looks better at night

«Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by koudcid View Post
    lol, what a story ! ;-)

I will not drive straight to miami ! My trip is :
    - New-York
    - Washington
    - Great smoky mountains (pigeon forge and cades cove)
    => SOUTH OF THE BORDER
    - Atlanta
    - Savannah
    - Orlando
    - Cap canaveral
    - Miami
    - Key west
    Voilà, j'ai corrigé ton omission Manquez pas d'y rendre visite... C'est un mélange bizarre mais uniquement américain, pour lequelle on ne peut se servir que du mot "kitschy".

I considered a similar road trip last summer for my family. What do you plan to do in Atlanta? I was kind of stumped. I know there's a Delta Airlines hub there and... A Coca-Cola Bottling Plant... And Turner Field for baseball (if the Braves are at home)... And...?

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    Voilà, j'ai corrigé ton omission Manquez pas d'y rendre visite... C'est un mélange bizarre mais uniquement américain, pour lequelle on ne peut se servir que du mot "kitschy".

I considered a similar road trip last summer for my family. What do you plan to do in Atlanta? I was kind of stumped. I know there's a Delta Airlines hub there and... A Coca-Cola Bottling Plant... And Turner Field for baseball (if the Braves are at home)... And...?
    Not much.

I used to be a road warrior and DREADED going to Atlanta. Downtown is moribund at night. Yes, I know its improving, but it still has a long way to go. If you are like me and don't enjoy hanging the hotel bar acting self important with other middle managers there isn't much else going on.

And the 'burbs are even deader. I spent way too many nights dining at Pappadiuex's and hitting strip mall Barnes and Nobles.

AND, MARTA DOESN'T EVEN GO TO THE BALLPARK

How do you build an urban ballyard, and new mass transit system and not have one go to the other???

Apologies to the BFFer moving there, but that's my opinion.
    Last edited by ribant; 04-12-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    I used to be a road warrior and DREADED going to Atlanta. Downtown is moribund at night. Yes, I know its improving, but it still has a long way to go. If you are like me and don't enjoy hanging the hotel bar acting self important with other middle managers there isn't much else going on.

And the 'burbs are even deader. I spent way too many nights dining at Pappadiuex's and hitting strip mall Barnes and Nobles.
    This all reminds me of the Futurama episode where they discover merfolk in the year 3000 living in the legendary and sunken "Lost City of Atlanta", complete with Donovan doing a parody of his own song "Atlantis":

Atlanta was a city, landlocked,
    Hundreds of miles from the area we now call the Atlantic Ocean
    Yet so desperate was the city's desire for tourism that they moved offshore, becoming an island
    And an even bigger Delta hub, until the city over-developed and it started to sink...
    Knowing their fate, the quality people ran away:
    Ted Turner, Hank Aaron, Jeff Foxworthy, the guy who invented Coca-Cola, The magician,
    And the other so-called gods of our legends,
    Though gods they were
    (And also Jane Fonda was there.)

The others chose to remain behind,
    On their porches with their rifles,
    And one day evolve into mermaids,
    And sing and dance and ring in the new:
    HAIL ATLANTA!

This all reminds me of the Futurama episode where they discover merfolk in the year 3000 living in the legendary and sunken "Lost City of Atlanta", complete with Donovan doing a parody of his own song "Atlantis":

Atlanta was a city, landlocked,
    Hundreds of miles from the area we now call the Atlantic Ocean
    Yet so desperate was the city's desire for tourism that they moved offshore, becoming an island
    And an even bigger Delta hub, until the city over-developed and it started to sink...
    Knowing their fate, the quality people ran away:
    Ted Turner, Hank Aaron, Jeff Foxworthy, the guy who invented Coca-Cola, The magician,
    And the other so-called gods of our legends,
    Though gods they were
    (And also Jane Fonda was there.)

The others chose to remain behind,
    On their porches with their rifles,
    And one day evolve into mermaids,
    And sing and dance and ring in the new:
    HAIL ATLANTA!
    Hank Aaron XXIV (The worst Blernsball Player Ever)

Note the Trident, as opposed to the normal tomahawk.
    Last edited by Anubis2051; 04-12-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Went on Friday, here's the changes I noticed...

Shake Shack now has a strawberry shake, and cheese fries.
    Blue Smoke got rid of the wings, and added a smoked bologna sandwich (stomach hurts thinking about it)
    Box Frites added garlic parm fries, and 'disco fries', with cheese, gravy, and cheese curds on it.
    Blue Smoke and Box Frites are now on Promenade Level too, along with a full beer area
    Cascarinos added buff wing slices and chick parm slices, and penne a la vodka
    Catch of the Day added a crab cake sandwich
    World's Fare Market is different: no more sandwich of the day or garlic fries, and less 'to go' snacks...Chinese food
    area added, which someone previously posted. Mama Corona's still there, as well as Japanese area.
    Caesar's club: new waiter-service area features cheesesteaks, mozz. sticks, apple pie a la mode, cobb and chick.caesar
    salads, and buff wings, among other things...the regular stands there have a couple of specialty sandwiches w/chips (no more garlic fries), and sweet potato fries have been added. Custom made salads are available there, along with sushi, and Cascarinos.
    Promenade club (didn't go in) apparently has sit down service available too, not sure if its same menu as Caesar's.

And yes, prices have gone up. I think that covers it...still a lot of choices no matter where you sit...

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2051 View Post
    Hank Aaron XXIV (The worst Blernsball Player Ever)
    Note the Trident, as opposed to the normal tomahawk.
    Sweet Zombie Jesus, I never noticed that in-joke detail! That's AWESOME!!

ETA: for those who haven't seen it, here's a clip of the segment:

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/...e=hail-atlanta

And for those unfamilliar with the Classic Rock... er... classic that is Donovan's "Atlantis" (trivia detail: Paul McCartney is playing tambourine and singing backup vocals for his buddy Donovan on this track.)

Last edited by robardin; 04-12-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Crab cake was good, a little too much sauce but I wiped off the excess and went to town. $13 is pricy but really, so is fresh lump crab meat. I would have expected it to go for about $8-9 normally so the price is, pardon the expression, in the ballpark.

Crab cake was good, a little too much sauce but I wiped off the excess and went to town. $13 is pricy but really, so is fresh lump crab meat. I would have expected it to go for about $8-9 normally so the price is, pardon the expression, in the ballpark.
    I think the crab cakes at Camden Yards are $12 and the gluten free crab cake cost $16 (what is with the gluten free craze all of a sudden?), so the ones at Citi are in the ballpark as you said !

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...f-dog-hot-dogs

here is a short video i took inside the mets museum
    great met moments
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtHQgPW_HW8
    enjoy

Or people with really primo seats who feel they can get an aftermarket premium for them regardless of the team's success, like Section 515 Row 1 or 2 or something. For example for 4/24 the cheapest PRI ticket you'll find is still more expensive than buying from the Mets directly online, by about $5 per ticket, net of fees in both cases. Why would that be? Maybe because the "Best Available" from the Mets is in Section 508 Row 11 (for a party of 5 which I checked for), which is still not bad, but the cheapest PRI ticket listed on StubHub is in 517 Row 8. Given how cheap PRI is already, I could see someone paying a moderate premium per ticket to sit in 517 Row 8 versus 508 Row 11.
    Good point. I prefer to buy from Stubhub because of the control it gives you over the seats. It annoys me how you can't get anything decent from Mets.com. Are all those seats really sold? I doubt it. They are probably just trying to hold on to them for 15 game packs and whatnot. I am very particular about where I sit in Citi Field to due the obstructions in the Promenade seats. Stubhub gives me the freedom to manuver around those troublespots. I don't get that with Mets.com. Plus you are right about not getting anything in the lower numbered rows.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUBuckly View Post
    Good point. I prefer to buy from Stubhub because of the control it gives you over the seats. It annoys me how you can't get anything decent from Mets.com. Are all those seats really sold? I doubt it. They are probably just trying to hold on to them for 15 game packs and whatnot. I am very particular about where I sit in Citi Field to due the obstructions in the Promenade seats. Stubhub gives me the freedom to manuver around those troublespots. I don't get that with Mets.com. Plus you are right about not getting anything in the lower numbered rows.
    Actually these days you can walk up to the Mets ticket office 2 hours before the game and have your pick of the place with no fees. Of course if SH has tickets for under face then it's a no-brainer

Just checked out the Target Field thread. I see nothing but positivity there. I can easily see why. When I see Citi, I don't understand why there are so many complaints. To each his own I guess but I do have to say it's amazing how much better a ballpark looks when it's not littered with cheap ads. And can you believe it, they actually have the team name larger than the corporate name. Blasphemy!

Sign Cespedes & Murphy

I don't know what the rest of you seeing, but I'm finding that this year as compared to last, most people are not dumping tickets on Stub Hub for below cost. I have 11 games left to sell (3 in June, 2 in July, 2 in August, 4 in September) and when I check prices in comparable seats to mine in the Metro Boxes, almost all are selling at or above cost and this includes adding on the 15% Stub Hub commission. Considering the low expectation Met fans are having, I'm amazed that I've sold 54 games for cost, kept 16 for myself, and have only 11 left to sell. Last year, I must have eaten at least 30 games which was a complete disaster. Are the rest of you having the same experience?

Quote Originally Posted by nygpologrounder View Post
    I don't know what the rest of you seeing, but I'm finding that this year as compared to last, most people are not dumping tickets on Stub Hub for below cost. I have 11 games left to sell (3 in June, 2 in July, 2 in August, 4 in September) and when I check prices in comparable seats to mine in the Metro Boxes, almost all are selling at or above cost and this includes adding on the 15% Stub Hub commission. Considering the low expectation Met fans are having, I'm amazed that I've sold 54 games for cost, kept 16 for myself, and have only 11 left to sell. Last year, I must have eaten at least 30 games which was a complete disaster. Are the rest of you having the same experience?
    Well the thing is, people with plans abandoned ship in droves, so they don't have the tickets to dump in anywhere close to the same numbers. I had Marlins tickets last year, and believe me almost no one has plans in Miami, their STH base is miniscule. Yet on SH and CL I was able to unload everything at a profit overall, but I definitely had to work it. Basically in this type of scenario what happens is you end up snagging people on SH who are too stupid not to check the team's website first. But with the Marlins, what really helped was the STH discount (& good location) which made my tix very competitive. Mets still don't do this which is why I don't forsee having a Mets plan again for a very long time

Guaranteed playoff tickets for 15 game plan holders again?

When I came home from Citi Field, from Saturday's game. I noticed that the information on the 15 game plans mentioned something about alternate seats for one playoff game, per series.

Am I reading this right?
    Have they gone back to the Shea days, with these plans, in regards to playoff tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    And yes, prices have gone up.
    20-ounce bottles of soda are $5.25, up 50 cents from last year.
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn'55 View Post
    Just checked out the Target Field thread. I see nothing but positivity there. I can easily see why. When I see Citi, I don't understand why there are so many complaints.
    One reason, I'm sure, is because the Metrodome may not have been as universally beloved by Twins fans as Shea Stadium was by Mets fans. I don't think you'll find any Twins fans saying "the Metrodome may be a dump, but it's our dump" (or whatever alternative to "dump" might have been applied to the dome).
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn'55 View Post
    Just checked out the Target Field thread. I see nothing but positivity there. I can easily see why. When I see Citi, I don't understand why there are so many complaints. To each his own I guess but I do have to say it's amazing how much better a ballpark looks when it's not littered with cheap ads...
    You basically just answered your own question.

Page 1628 of 2255 FirstFirst ... 6281128152815781618162616271628162916301638167817282128 ... LastLast