Page 1629 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 6291129152915791619162716281629163016311639167917292129 ... LastLast
Results 32,561 to 32,580 of 44975

Thread: Citi Field

Quote Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
    You basically just answered your own question.
    You could say that again.

Obscenely grotesque ad clutter this park has not.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    20-ounce bottles of soda are $5.25, up 50 cents from last year.
    Just wait until Albany puts in a @#$%^ soda tax !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DN4L View Post
    When I came home from Citi Field, from Saturday's game. I noticed that the information on the 15 game plans mentioned something about alternate seats for one playoff game, per series.

Am I reading this right?
    Have they gone back to the Shea days, with these plans, in regards to playoff tickets?
    Yes, back in February they came out with the hard sell pitch to get people to buy partials. Would fans line up to buy partials because of this? I doubt it. Historically, there is only a 15% chance of the Mets making the post season; if you want to buy tickets to see them play, do that. I just don't purchase anything because of any playoff options. People on BF were posting here about NY Rangers postseason tickets.....we all see what that got them !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Yes, back in February they came out with the hard sell pitch to get people to buy partials. Would fans line up to buy partials because of this? I doubt it. Historically, there is only a 15% chance of the Mets making the post season; if you want to buy tickets to see them play, do that. I just don't purchase anything because of any playoff options. People on BF were posting here about NY Rangers postseason tickets.....we all see what that got them !!!

I've been in a Saturday plan with three buddies of mine since 2000. We were pissed when they took away the playoff option last year, but we still continued with the plan..
    None of us knew about this, until I do now. So my friends should be happy to hear this good news...
    Now all they need to do is make the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by nygpologrounder View Post
    I don't know what the rest of you seeing, but I'm finding that this year as compared to last, most people are not dumping tickets on Stub Hub for below cost. I have 11 games left to sell (3 in June, 2 in July, 2 in August, 4 in September) and when I check prices in comparable seats to mine in the Metro Boxes, almost all are selling at or above cost and this includes adding on the 15% Stub Hub commission. Considering the low expectation Met fans are having, I'm amazed that I've sold 54 games for cost, kept 16 for myself, and have only 11 left to sell. Last year, I must have eaten at least 30 games which was a complete disaster. Are the rest of you having the same experience?
    I am glad you are not taking a bath on Mets tickets like last year ! I think Gordon summed it up pretty well. There are fewer FST's and partial plan owners this year, so the amount on stubhub is way down.
    The season is still in its infancy, but the Mets have huge attendance issues. I went to the game Friday night, and the entire LF area looked empty. We are talking a Friday nite game, value prices, and the place looked empty. (attendance listed as 28,055)
    According to ESPN, the Mets were 7th at the gate in 2009. So far in 2010, and it is EARLY, but the Mets are 15th at the gate. Even with opening day to skew things, the average is down from 38,900 in 2009 to 33,400 for the first 6 games in 2010. A 5,500 decrease per game over a season would come out to 440,000.
    If the Mets end up averaging around 30,000 per game, the drop would be more like 720,000.

Expect many flushing flash discounts in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by nygpologrounder View Post
    I don't know what the rest of you seeing, but I'm finding that this year as compared to last, most people are not dumping tickets on Stub Hub for below cost. ... I'm amazed that I've sold 54 games for cost, kept 16 for myself, and have only 11 left to sell. Last year, I must have eaten at least 30 games which was a complete disaster. Are the rest of you having the same experience?
    Yes! I have only TWO games left to move in my season's ticket location in Prom Club, the 5/12 day game vs. the Nationals and the Mon 9/27 game vs. the Brewers, after reserving 17 of my season's tickets for myself. I also have an 8-seat Saturday+ Plan of which I'm going to 11 of the games (9 Saturdays using 4-8 seats and 2 weekday games using a pair), and have only two games left to deal with, both Saturday games (8/28 vs. Astros and 9/11 vs. Phillies) as triplets. I don't think I'll have too much trouble selling them for at least face by the time the game dates roll around, given that they're summer weekend games and one is vs. the Phillies, and if I do have to discount due to another 2009 like implosion it won't be very painful. In fact, if I were to donate my two leftover Prom Club games to charity (which I'm considering) and got back only straight face for my two remaining Saturday triplets, I'd come out about $20-$30 ahead.

I attribute this to there being far few dumpers than last year because most of the the people who took really bad beatings with their ticket plans simply didn't come back for another round. Also, I was careful to only take a plan with Gordon's points in mind about location and discounts. Prom Club is pretty popular and also hard to get, and the silly 25% surcharge for rows 1 and 2 means the seats in Row 3 of the innermost sections 410-420 with only 4 rows in them (like mine) are extra popular. On StubHub I can see that if I were in Section 415-417 on the 3B side it'd be even better; as it is, most of my sales were done by packaging games at face into "packs" of 4, 6, 10, 12 and 15.

My Saturday Plan location is in 513 Row 13, the lowest row they sell Saturday Plan tickets for (I think) and in a section right behind home. I found takers at face or above for most of my extra Saturday tickets, sold all my Yankees tickets on StubHub at a profit, and packaged a lot of the weekday games with Opening Day tickets in PRI that I picked up in the pre-sale. I kept a few of them for myself for series that I completely sold for my Prom Club location (Tigers, Pirates in September).

As for the "discounts": true, the Mets don't offer a discount from face, but the only way to avoid per-ticket fees is to show up at the ballpark to buy tickets. For most people that is just about impossible to do ahead of time, and most people are willing to pay (if grudgingly) a surcharge to "lock in" tickets they can see are "BEST AVAILABLE!" than gamble that anything nearly as good will still be available on game day as a walk-up. So if your location really is going to be better than the BEST AVAILABLE! at nearly any given time, and can offer straight face, that's already a savings to the buyer, especially for larger sets of tickets.

Plus buyers may not know that the fees are avoidable at all. Do the Mets even mention that anywhere on their website, that per-ticket fees are online fees only and are not charged at the ticket windows? I looked there the other day because I was curious if they would apply if you bought tickets at, say, a Mets Clubhouse shop like they have at Roosevelt Field in Garden City or near Bryant Park in Manhattan (they used to have one in NJ too, I thought, but it's not listed any more).
    Last edited by robardin; 04-13-2010 at 08:43 AM.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

One reason, I'm sure, is because the Metrodome may not have been as universally beloved by Twins fans as Shea Stadium was by Mets fans. I don't think you'll find any Twins fans saying "the Metrodome may be a dump, but it's our dump" (or whatever alternative to "dump" might have been applied to the dome).
    I may have to disagree with ya there Gary, yes there may have been a few Shea diehards that say they Loved the place but seriously, the MAJORITY hated it with a passion and wanted a new stadium. The problem is that New Yorkers are a bunch of Whiny , spoiled Brats who think they deserve the best and that we know it all. Citifield is absolutely Gorgeous IMO. It may have flaws that even i have pointed out but its gettin better and better with the changes. Target Field from looking at Pics looks alot more bland and boring then any of the new parks IMO. It may have been designed and constructed better but the over all appearance doesnt appease to me like Citi does. I hope the Twins fans love it, cherish and enjoy every ounce of it though. Also helps that the Twins have put a decent product on the field year after year and the Fans have been lovin it and will fill that ballpark with ease.

20-ounce bottles of soda are $5.25, up 50 cents from last year.
    Draft swill is now $7, I believe... up from $6.25 last year.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

To me the overall design of CitiField is WAY better than Target Field, which is really plain and bland. What makes Target look good though and Citi look bad is the rightfield view from home plate. In Target you are looking out of the stadium at all these great tall buildings, while at Citi you are looking at a tall tower that is a total mess of advertisements. Do something with that tower of ads, and Citi will totally blow Target away.
    I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Quote Originally Posted by nymTom View Post
    The problem is that New Yorkers are a bunch of Whiny , spoiled Brats who think they deserve the best and that we know it all. Citifield is absolutely Gorgeous IMO. It may have flaws that even i have pointed out but its gettin better and better with the changes. Target Field from looking at Pics looks alot more bland and boring then any of the new parks IMO. It may have been designed and constructed better but the over all appearance doesnt appease to me like Citi does.
    I think the lack of overblown ads is a plus, though I will add that just improving the integration of the ads makes (would continue to make) a big difference: the SHARP banners instead of the Arpielle crap on the center scoreboard, for example. I used to like the GAP signs on the outfield walls at Shea (in the gaps, of course), and the lasting image of Endy Chavez' catch in 2006 NLCS Game 7 is actually vastly improved by the background of the words "THE STRENGTH TO BE THERE" (the fact that the ad was sponsored by insurance giant AIG, which has since had a terrific fall from grace, is often and rightfully overlooked). And I also agree that the symmetrical outfield of Target is... Kinda boring. The flipside of not "going for ersatz faux-retro ballpark quirkiness" is not having any quirkiness at all. Now that I see the alternative, I have to agree, somewhat to my surprise, that I'll take ersatz quirkiness over a default symmetrical layout.

My main complaint with Citi Field remains the ticket pricing -- despite generally loving the ballpark overall, there are few places I'm willing to buy a ticket to watch a regular season baseball game from at the price they're asking -- and the fact that nobody in the left field seats (all three levels) can see the out of town scoreboard. The easiest solution would be to put up another, identical OOTS over the RF Promenade seats. Are there any other ballparks with that configuration to show out of town scores?
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

I think it could also be the fact that the Twins have had much more recent success (2009 AL Central champs, starting strong in 2010), compared to the Mets (collapses, injuries), leading to grumpier fans more likely to complain about any flaws in Citi Field.

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    My Saturday Plan location is in 513 Row 13, the lowest row they sell Saturday Plan tickets for (I think) and in a section right behind home.
    I was able to get a Weekday Plan ticket in Row 1, but it's all the way out in 536 (two sections away from the left field end). So plan tickets are available in Row 1 if you're willing to sit all the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    Plus buyers may not know that the fees are avoidable at all. Do the Mets even mention that anywhere on their website, that per-ticket fees are online fees only and are not charged at the ticket windows? I looked there the other day because I was curious if they would apply if you bought tickets at, say, a Mets Clubhouse shop like they have at Roosevelt Field in Garden City or near Bryant Park in Manhattan (they used to have one in NJ too, I thought, but it's not listed any more).
    Yes, per-ticket fees apply at the Clubhouse stores. The official line from the Mets' website:

A non-refundable service fee (ranging from $2.00 to $5.00 per ticket) will be added to Clubhouse Shop ticket sales.
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Can someone please explain what the "Flushing Flash" is and how one can get tickets from it, especially at a discount?

Thanks in advance.

I was able to get a Weekday Plan ticket in Row 1, but it's all the way out in 536 (two sections away from the left field end). So plan tickets are available in Row 1 if you're willing to sit all the way out.
    Ah, you see I only really wanted to sit in the infield for a Saturday Plan - my wife complained about being in LF Landing in the outfield and missing the live play of all the fly balls hit to deep left. I agreed with her, plus I complained about not seeing the OOTS, my kids complained about sitting in the summer sun until 3:30pm, and we all complained (being in section 339 beyond the Promenade overhang) about not having anywhere to go when it rained. Being in 513 with the canopy over us is just right on all counts.

I should note that when I originally agreed to give the Saturday Plan another try (after they added back the playoff option), the "best available" for my request for 8 seats was in a 5+3 piggyback in section 518, rows 16 and 17. This was on Jan 16th (I remember the date because I was just going out the door for a kid's birthday party I can recall, when the Mets called me back). This being the Mets, I kept checking the online web page for "best available" seats for a Saturday Plan of 8 seats in PRI. Over a month later, on Fri 2/19 after close of business (last weekend of my kids' Winter Recess), the best available suddenly showed up as 513 Row 13, so I called the ticket office 9AM sharp the next morning to upgrade.

The moral: NEVER stop checking for seat upgrades. (Except in Prom Club, where they never admit they have any full season plans left online, but if you call the ticket office it seems they do.)

Yes, per-ticket fees apply at the Clubhouse stores. The official line from the Mets' website:

A non-refundable service fee (ranging from $2.00 to $5.00 per ticket) will be added to Clubhouse Shop ticket sales.
    Well at least it seems to be about half the fee of buying online. It's a $6 per-ticket fee for PRI, and up to $10 for lower level seating. I guess maybe Prom Reserved in the outfield may be a $4 per-ticket online fee, halved if you buy at a clubhouse shop.
    Last edited by robardin; 04-13-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by richiek View Post
    I think it could also be the fact that the Twins have had much more recent success (2009 AL Central champs, starting strong in 2010), compared to the Mets (collapses, injuries), leading to grumpier fans more likely to complain about any flaws in Citi Field.
    No, we're smart enough to differentiate the two.

Quote Originally Posted by chedda man View Post
    Can someone please explain what the "Flushing Flash" is and how one can get tickets from it, especially at a discount?

Thanks in advance.
    Register here to be on the e-mail distribution: http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/fan_...ewsletters.jsp

You'll receive the latest up-to-date news, features, ticket specials and more -- all delivered FREE right to your inbox, mobile phone or browser!

Last year they had a bunch of notifications about tickets being sold at 33% discounts in Caesars Club or better seats, or Big Apple Reserved or Bridge Terrace seats normally reserved for group outings being available on a single game basis (sometimes at a discount, other times only if you bought vouchers for food purchases along with the tickets). You did have to click on the link in the email to get the discounted tickets though (I remember checking if the standard single game ticket interface linked to from the game schedule reflected the discounts, and it did not).
    Last edited by robardin; 04-13-2010 at 08:02 AM.

I just don't understand these ridiculous price increases on the food and beverages when last year they seemed to be doing very well. People don't want to see the Mets as it is, do the Wilpons really think increasing the prices is going to help? So not only do we see a horrible product on the field, but we are charged an extra $1-2 on everything we buy on top of it. Are they trying to compensate for lost revenue due to the expected lack of attendance this year? This is how they show their appreciation for the die-hards that still go to the game?

Mets ticketing fees

OK so the way they describe the fees is to mention in fine print that fees of one kind or another apply in various ticket-buying scenarios, which when you read over them all, amounts to ANY scenario other than walking up to the ticket window at either Citi Field or the minor league ballpark Formerly Known As Keyspan, or by buying a lot of tickets for a group at one go through the Ticket Office.

Ticket Windows
    The main ticket windows are located at the Jackie Robinson Rotunda at Citi Field. There are also satellite ticket windows on the left field side of the ballpark. [other locations in the ballpark and their hours]... MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, Mets Gift Cards, money orders, and cash are all accepted. ...
    Tickets for future Mets games may also be purchased at the Ticket Office at MCU Park located at 1904 Surf Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11201. ...

Day of Game Ticket Sales - Tickets are available for sale on the day of a game at designated ticket windows located outside the Jackie Robinson Rotunda and the Left Field Gate. ...

Group Sales - [...]

Internet - Tickets are available via the Internet at Mets.com and LosMets.com. A credit card is required for these transactions. ... Online orders are subject to non-refundable per ticket and order charges.

Mail - To order tickets by mail, [...] A handling charge will be included with each mail order.

Phone - ... Telephone orders are subject to non-refundable per ticket and order charges.

Tickets may also be purchased at Mets Clubhouse Shops located at:
    [... locations ...]

Ticket Availability - Each Mets ticket order is filled with the best seats available within a seating category (outside of seating areas that are set aside for season ticket, plan or other package sales) at the time the request is processed. If no seats are available in the seating category requested, the order will be filled with the next available seating category. Tickets for preferable seating locations may sometimes become available on a later date.
    The "handling charge" for ordering by mail is probably a flat $5 fee but they don't say.

Note that they don't mention the per-ticket fees for the Clubhouse Shops purchases until you go to the Clubhouse Shop section, where it says:

Cash, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover cards are accepted. There is a non-refundable service charge ranging from $1.00 to $5.00 per ticket.

Here's the new plan gift...kinda cool! (Thanks to MetsPolice)

You also have to take into account the politically charged nature of some of the anti-Citi Field complaints as well, and the fact that for the most part those that do most of the attacking are very anti-Wilpon and by extention anti-big buisness and supposedly champions of the opressed (the fate of the Iron Triangle goes hand-in-hand with much of the Citi Field debates).

Though to be fair, it wasn't like the Pohlads, or even the Griffiths before them, were above reproach from the Twin fanbase through the years, but the Met fanbase gets overly cranky when they think their ownership is not doing all they can to put a good product on the field, and cares more about building what they, the anti-Wilpon fanbase, see as a monument dedicated to a team and an era long gone.

For what its worth, many of the "there isn't enough Met stuff here" tends to forget that Shea had literally JUST the retired numbers, the championship banners on the flag poles, and the HOF display and stuff around the diamond club until the 1990s when banners started going up in the concources inside the gates. Heck, it took until the All-Amazin' Team was announced in 2002 for the concources in the Mezz and Loge to get player banners up as well.

Page 1629 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 6291129152915791619162716281629163016311639167917292129 ... LastLast