X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nymdan
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by met_dream View Post
    The prom club is worthless. You can't see home plate from there at all. They need to do something else there. It's just not well executed and there's hardly anyone in there.
    You can in the area that's not behind the handicapped seats. Which is only about 1/5 of it. Agreed that it's poorly executed. They should have either pushed the glass up further with no room for seating there, or at least had the wheelchair sections further down instead (sorry Dishy).

I'm pretty sure I took this picture from the area of the prom club that's not behind the WC seats.
    Last edited by nymdan; 07-15-2009, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• metmet
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by grandslamsingle View Post
      It's funny -- I never considered pizza to be ballpark food. I know they always had some pizza-shaped object on the menu at Shea, but it never occurred to me to get it.
      If you are looking for pizza around CF, try Amore's in the Whitestone Shopping
      Center. Excellent pizza by the slice with a fresh pie always coming out of the oven.

Comment

• GordonGecko
        On the Inside
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by headshoes View Post
        http://hatertees.com/

For a good laugh or two...
        You can take that Tee either way, either Jerry is Dope (good) or Jerry is a Dope (bad)

Comment

• robardin
          Orange + Blue Pincushion
          • Apr 2009

The prom club is worthless. You can't see home plate from there at all. They need to do something else there. It's just not well executed and there's hardly anyone in there.
          I've only been to the Prom Club once, but there are like 2 spots on the counter right over home plate that have a pretty good view. There's the railing problem combined with the plexiglass problem to obscure the view of home plate itself, plus the bannister obscures part of the 3B line, but overall it's a good view of the game in action as you eat, which is more than any seat in the Caesars Club will give you (you end up watching the game on HDTV there).

Vertical shot:

(My viewing angle from this vantage point is possibly aided by the fact that I'm 6'2" in height; someone five feet tall, like my wife, would probably not see anything but the outfield.)

Horizontal shot:
          Last edited by robardin; 07-15-2009, 08:15 PM.
          «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• kingcohn
            Thread Policeman.. I Kidd
            • May 2008

Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
            that's got your account number on it, you might want to black that out
            they were bought at the office in cash no worries about the account

Comment

• ThoseBackPages
              Mets Fan, BB Card Dork
              • Oct 2008

NIIIIIICE!!!

I will be seeing McCartney on Tuesday!

seeing the set list from last weekend, i cannot believe he's playing Lennon!

woot!

:gt
              New York Mets Fan. Baseball Card Dork.

Favorite All-Time Mets:

Photobucket

I'll always miss Shea Stadium. Memories from one's childhood can never be replaced or duplicated in said persons adulthood.

Comment

• Jbutta29
                • Apr 2009

Ya know I really love our new park. I will ALWAYS love Shea and always hold it dear in my heart. But with a few tweaks, Citi will be a beautiful place for our team to play.

Comment

• Gary Dunaier
                  Thumbs Down Guy/Moderator
                  • Sep 2007

Anyone catch McCartney's appearance on Letterman? Considering that he's playing at Citi Field, I found it ironic that, during his performance atop the Ed Sullivan Theatre marquee, a nearby billboard for Yankee Stadium appeared in the background in certain shots...
                  My GIF has been viewed more than 377 million times!
                  https://giphy.com/gifs/mlb-yankees-t...wH6yMO7ED5xc7S

Comment

• StrawberryField
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by tomzpc View Post
                    I haven't seen other teams having a problem hitting opposite field homeruns at Citi and your point about Strawberry is a tremendous exaggeration.

Do you realize that Citi Field has yielded more home runs per game this year than Turner Field, PNC Park, Dodger Stadium and AT&T Park?

Do you realize that the Mets have hit more home runs at Citi Field this year than they have on the road?

Shea was pitcher's park and CF is a pitcher's park thankfully. Citi Field's dimensions are just fine as is. The only change that I would make would be to move the apple back so that they could lower the raised section of wall in center to make it uniform.
                    your right, I was exaggerating big time about the strawman to emphasize my point, but I'm not entirely convinced that pitchers parks are conducive to winning. I think a pitchers park helps small market teams field winning teams because inevitably they either lose their power hitters and dominant pitchers to free agency or can't sign them to begin with. A large market team like the Mets would do better in a bandbox IMO because they can afford to get pitchers who keep the ball in the yard and have the resources to field a lineup that can knock em out of the park. I for one am convinced that the short porch in rightfield approach by the Yanks is a major reason for their success since 1923.
                    New York (N.L.)
                    1888, 1889, 1904, 1905, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1917, 1921, 1922, 1923, 1924, 1933, 1936, 1937, 1951, 1954, 1969, 1973, 1986, 2000

Brooklyn (N.L.)
                    1890, 1899, 1900, 1916, 1920, 1941, 1947, 1949, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956

New York (A.A.) 1884 Brooklyn (A.A.) 1889

Comment

• tomkaz
                      • Mar 2007

in today's post:

METS OWNER WILPON LOST $700M TO MADOFF

July 16, 2009 --

NO wonder the injury-plagued Mets can't hire some hitters, it turns out team owner Fred Wilpon lost $700 million in the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme. Estimates put his loss at below $500 million, but Wilpon's pal Larry King told GQ it was $700 million. "Freddie says he's not angry, he's betrayed," said King, who lost $2.8 million. The Mets said in a statement: "The numbers speculated continue to be inaccurate, and we refute what's been reported. As we have said on numerous occasions, this does not and will not affect the day-to-day operations and long-term plans of the Mets organization."

Comment

• dstoffa
                        • Nov 2008

I hope the Throgs Neck Bridge issue gets resolved before the next homestand or I will be forced to take the train.

Not that I mind taking the LIRR there, but coming back can be an ordeal.

The traffic on ALL arteries leading from LI to Citi has been severely affected. There is not one road that is not backed up from this mess.
                        The MTA should just trash the Bronx bound roadway and rebuild it... No need to string this crap along with band-aids... It's the smarter thing to do. The fire did a lot more damage then they are willing to admit at this time.

The issue with Citi and the Bridge closing will only effect you getting there. Getting home will be a breeze at 10pm. You can either:
                        1. Budget more travel time to get to the ballpark.
                        2. Park your car in the Commuter Lot in the morning, and take the subway to work (assuming you work in NYC).

I've found that taking the train home from Citi is not that bad. Do yourself a favor, and just take the #7 to Woodside -- don't waste time waiting for the train from Pt Washington to take you to Woodside. There are 5 or 6 trains that make Woodside between 10 and 11 pm. At least one Long Beach Train, a Huntington train, two Babylon trains, and maybe one Ronkonkoma... A

Cheers!
                        -Doug
                        20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• robardin
                          Orange + Blue Pincushion
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by IDRAFT1 View Post
                          I wanted tickets in the 400's ... when I did get online for my "special season ticket holder presale" (along with every other individual with a pulse and a brain) the "best available" was in the 500's.
                          Now two days before the concert I can get tickets in the first row of the 400's (which is what I have full season and what I wanted)?

Beyond incredible.
                          Yep. Not to mention the "sold out in 1 hour... no, more tickets available... sold out again... lather, rinse, repeat" business going on even right now.

Like I said, even with no sympathy for any would-be scalpers and ticket profiteers getting burned, this is just jerking people around. "Best Available", and "Sold Out" is simply not to be trusted from the Mets ticket office these days, regardless of the venue.
                          «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• grandslamsingle
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by tomkaz View Post
                            in today's post:

METS OWNER WILPON LOST $700M TO MADOFF

July 16, 2009 --

NO wonder the injury-plagued Mets can't hire some hitters, it turns out team owner Fred Wilpon lost $700 million in the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme. Estimates put his loss at below $500 million, but Wilpon's pal Larry King told GQ it was $700 million. "Freddie says he's not angry, he's betrayed," said King, who lost $2.8 million. The Mets said in a statement: "The numbers speculated continue to be inaccurate, and we refute what's been reported. As we have said on numerous occasions, this does not and will not affect the day-to-day operations and long-term plans of the Mets organization."

From that same article:

The Mets received $270,218 from the Braves. Francoeur is making $3.375 million; Church's 2009 salary is $2.8 million.

(and to try to keep this on topic):
                            $270,218 =
                            - parking receipts for two well-attended games? (2 * ~8000 parking spots * $18)
                            - 385 Delta Club Platinum tickets (for Platinum level games)
                            - just guessing here, but less what the Shake Shack brings in for one game

If you weren't sure how much the Madoff mess hurt the team (regardless of what their PR is saying), that $270K should make it obvious.

Comment

• OneEyedWonder
                              • Jun 2008

Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but saw this in PHil Mushnick's column on Friday.

Gotta love the Mets: First they deny there are any problems, then they fix them. Recently, the view-killing railings in the upper deck were lowered to improve the view, and the too-low, knee-banging cup holders attached to the seats were raised.

anyone know if this is true and/or did it happen already? Maybe the ribbon boards will be lowered too??

Here's the link: http://www.nypost.com/seven/07102009...ume_178493.htm

Comment

• GordonGecko
                                On the Inside
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by OneEyedWonder View Post
                                Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but saw this in PHil Mushnick's column on Friday.

Gotta love the Mets: First they deny there are any problems, then they fix them. Recently, the view-killing railings in the upper deck were lowered to improve the view, and the too-low, knee-banging cup holders attached to the seats were raised.

anyone know if this is true and/or did it happen already? Maybe the ribbon boards will be lowered too??
                                no sign of portal concrete jackhammers yet

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X