Page 1634 of 2255 FirstFirst ... 6341134153415841624163216331634163516361644168417342134 ... LastLast
Results 32,661 to 32,680 of 45081

Thread: Citi Field

Quote Originally Posted by CFmets09 View Post
    i agree but why is his twitter thing linked on metsblog hahahhahaha
    Ugh, god that guy was such an annoying little weasel. And he was the biggest apologist ever. Even looking at that twitter feed that is linked on metsblog, he's still at it with his condescending sarcasm.

Btw, why the heck is he linked on metsblog.com? I never thought too highly of Matt Cerrone anyway (his blog isn't that good), but now that he's linking the likes of CoreyNYC onto his blog, he lost whatever little credibility he had.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBase View Post
    Citi Field > Target Field

Aside from the obstructions, etc... I like red bricks and the high outfield wall. Plus, I rather be in Flushing than Minnesota.
    I guess this settles it then.

I like City Field more than Target Field because the Mets play at City Field 78-81 more times a year than at Target Field.

I guess this settles it then.
    Yup.....!!!
    Twenty Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W View Post
    citi payed for the "branding", they get what they want...
    Well Target paid for their "branding", did they also get what they want? The Citi (over)branding doesn't bother me nearly as much as the mess of ads on the scoreboard but let's not kid ourselves - if the Wilpons wanted less branding from Citi they could've gotten it. Of course they'd have to take less than the $20 million they get annually too.

Quote Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
    Again, this is just your opinion but if that's what you think then that's cool. I have no problem with that.

I'm not sure if you're trying to imply something deeper here, like Mets fans are more whiny than Twins fans or something. That is the easy excuse that many people on this board like to use to justify all the criticism of Citi Field (let's chalk it up to whiny Mets fans yada yada). The way I see it is that the ones who have "whined" or criticized Citi Field simply have an UNbiased opinion and will not blindly praise this new ballpark with all its flaws just because it's the Mets ballpark. Ugly ads are ugly ads no matter what the team.
    I have my problems with Citi, just like everyone else. I don't know if it's that this thread is exponentially longer than the other or than NYers are perfectionists (and we're damn proud of it) but I thought Citi got ripped too hard. I think the 42 in the middle of the rotunda is ridiculous, I think the OF wall looks stupid, I hate the deep pocket in RF, the ads are horrendous, and the Citi logos are infuriating. Still, the place is pretty goddamn nice. And as much as I loved Shea despite it's many shortcomings, this place is light years better.
    Sign Cespedes & Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    Going from 430 Row 1 seats #1-2 to 430 Row 4 #5-6 seems the most reasonable to me. Personally I prefer Rows 3/4 to Row 1 in the Prom Box arrangements (being in a Prom Club box myself in 420) because the railing is right in my line of sight of the basepath and home plate unless I lean over it, which can be annoying.

But, Row 1 is a selling point for a lot of people. What you'd really like of course is to be in Row 1 in seats 4+ but those are probably sold already. If you're worried about reducing resale value on StubHub, keep Row 1 for this year and just move over a few seats (even across sections) when you can at games. It certainly doesn't look much like the Mets are going to pack in the ballpark.
    402 is totally out of the question, I'm just trying to decide between staying put in Row 1 or going up to Row 4. Out of the 14 remaining games, I have 1 that I sold on SH and have like 3-4 that I'd like to sell cause I won't be around for them. Since I have about 9-10 that i'm going to, it's more so I want to have a good experience and be able to see the game and take some pictures.

Seems like ticket sales on the hub have come to stand still... anyone else experiencing this?
    Not to mention my 2 seat (2 account) bar code validation issue has not been fixed..

(If I list them as 2 separate listings.. then bar codes work.. ugghh)

Quote Originally Posted by headshoes View Post
    Seems like ticket sales on the hub have come to stand still... anyone else experiencing this?
    Not to mention my 2 seat (2 account) bar code validation issue has not been fixed..

(If I list them as 2 separate listings.. then bar codes work.. ugghh)
    Are these your season tickets? Why not go thru Mets Marketplace that auto-links the barcodes instead of typing in bar codes for validation?

As for StubHub movement -- April is a slow month anyway and the Mets are looking terrible. It would take people dumping premium tickets at a big discount (a la last summer) for people to move now, otherwise why go, you can watch the Mets fall behind in the first 2 innings on TV, do some work or do something else fun in the nice weather, and at some point listen to them leave men on base and lose the game in the 8th and 9th inning on the radio (or find out that that's what they did in the morning radio recap). That's what I've been doing since Saturday, anyway, and I foresee doing that a lot more this year.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Are these your season tickets? Why not go thru Mets Marketplace that auto-links the barcodes instead of typing in bar codes for validation?

As for StubHub movement -- April is a slow month anyway and the Mets are looking terrible. It would take people dumping premium tickets at a big discount (a la last summer) for people to move now, otherwise why go, you can watch the Mets fall behind in the first 2 innings on TV, do some work or do something else fun in the nice weather, and at some point listen to them leave men on base and lose the game in the 8th and 9th inning on the radio (or find out that that's what they did in the morning radio recap). That's what I've been doing since Saturday, anyway, and I foresee doing that a lot more this year.
    I sold my seats for the Sat. Subway game in 528/7 for $112 each yesterday. I'm positive I will be able to buy tix for that game cheaper in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    I sold my seats for the Sat. Subway game in 528/7 for $112 each yesterday. I'm positive I will be able to buy tix for that game cheaper in a few weeks.

How bad do you think Mets fan attendance will be at the Subway series?
    I'm predicting a 75% Yankee fan / 25% Mets split at the Citi Field games.
    Especially since they seem to be the only sellers now.
    Will be pretty embarrassing.
    ------------
    I have been to:

Citi Field, Shea, NYS, RYS, PNC, Fenway, AT&T, CBP, Rangers Ballpark, Minute Maid Park, Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, PETCO Park, Coors, Chase Field, Turner, Miami, OP@CY, U.S.F., Comerica, Nationals Park, GABP, Progressive, Trop, Miller, Oakland-A C., Dolphin, RFK, Olympic Stadium, Metrodome

Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    That counts as as "Yankees games" for which people are willing to pay top dollar. Plain Ol' Mets Games get no love.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

That counts as as "Yankees games" for which people are willing to pay top dollar. Plain Ol' Mets Games get no love.
    The whole thing is weird.

There is no way my seats were worth $112 + fees, thats why I sold them. You can pick up an All Star pack in 531/10 right now for $95+. And it's a matter time until single seats are released.

If a Yankee fan wants to go to a Subway game he can get a cheaper seat at YS. Right now on SH there are tons of tix for sale. Over 9800 available on Friday, 9000 Saturday, and 10,000 on Sunday. Plenty of seats roughly equivalent to mine for $66+ or less.

In fact I may grab a pair myself.

Resale Stats

I paid $222 all in for 2 All-Star packs. Sold the first two games for $207/net, so I have the remaining four games at slightly less than $2/ticket.

Quick flipped 2 pair OD tix for $54 net profit

I'm satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn'55 View Post
    I have my problems with Citi, just like everyone else. I don't know if it's that this thread is exponentially longer than the other or than NYers are perfectionists (and we're damn proud of it) but I thought Citi got ripped too hard. I think the 42 in the middle of the rotunda is ridiculous, I think the OF wall looks stupid, I hate the deep pocket in RF, the ads are horrendous, and the Citi logos are infuriating. Still, the place is pretty goddamn nice. And as much as I loved Shea despite it's many shortcomings, this place is light years better.
    If we didn't rip on it hard enough the changes may have never been made this year. The criticism was due.

I agree though that it's light years ahead of Shea Stadium, no doubt about it. And I also agree that it's a pretty damn nice ballpark. I never denied that. Citi Field is like a pretty girl wearing an ugly dress if you know what I mean. We are all criticizing the dress.

Rainouts from 2009

What games were rained out last year? I know Wed 7/29 vs. the Rockies was rained out, because I was there for 30 minutes in the Caesars Club with my daughter until they called the game off. Unfortunately I can't find my stub for that game, I kept the wrong one (Tue 7/28).

If anyone got tickets for that game below face on StubHub and has no other plans for the rain check, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCropp View Post
    I like City Field more than Target Field because the Mets play at City Field 78-81 more times a year than at Target Field.
    No....THAT settles it!!!

http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
    Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
    http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

I just exchanged mine for 8/1 seats.. in hopes to flip..

Quote Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
    Citi Field is like a pretty girl wearing an ugly dress if you know what I mean. We are all criticizing the dress.

X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

For those who have swapped season ticket locations, what was the process? What day did the new seats take over?

Blog Entries
    Have somebody sold on stubhub the tickets the mets gave for the blood donation or coat donation, or from kids clubs tickets.. Does the bar code works on stubhub...

I'm think on selling a pair so that I can get some money back, In rorder to buy better seats or weekend seats game, because the games they give are on weekdays and cannot go.

anyone??

Page 1634 of 2255 FirstFirst ... 6341134153415841624163216331634163516361644168417342134 ... LastLast