Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smrtalec33
    • May 2009

I think it's funny that the ticket site is set up so stupidly that when I try to buy a $49.50 ticket for "promenade-center" Friday (the cheapest available), it tells me they're out of that, and offers the $290 "Floor center" seats.

But, if i ask for a single $59.50 "promenade-side" ticket, that's available.

I wish these sites had a "cheapest available" option, but clearly there's no incentive for them to do that.

Comment

• JP1968
      • Aug 2008

No cameras at McCartney shows??

Did everybody going to one of the McCartney shows get their e-mail today from 507-TIXX's customer service which indicates cameras are prohibited? That really stinks! Why would they do such a thing? Below is an excerpt from the e-mail:

"....In addition, the Mets ask for fans to be advised that prohibited items at Citi Field include, but are not limited to, cameras, video cameras, and other recording devices of any kind, umbrellas and other items that affect viewer sightlines...."

Comment

• foulpole
        • Dec 2008

So I sold the last of my available McCartney tickets today, and then I get a call from a friend tonight who says "Hey, I heard you've got McCartney tickets for Tuesday....got any left"? I say no, but I'll look into it for him. So I just went on 507-tixx and found Field Center Row 1 Seats 1-2. Unbelievable. The Mets have got to take a credibility hit with this, since we all now know that terms like pre-sale and sold out mean absolutly nothing.

Comment

• Gary Dunaier
          Thumbs Down Guy/Moderator
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by JP1968 View Post
          Did everybody going to one of the McCartney shows get their e-mail today from 507-TIXX's customer service which indicates cameras are prohibited? That really stinks! Why would they do such a thing? Below is an excerpt from the e-mail:

"....In addition, the Mets ask for fans to be advised that prohibited items at Citi Field include, but are not limited to, cameras, video cameras, and other recording devices of any kind, umbrellas and other items that affect viewer sightlines...."
          I've read accounts where fans at other shows - McCartney's and other artists' - have had their cameras confiscated, and that's obviously something I'm very worried about.

But I've seen other peoples' concert photos on sites such as Flickr, and at the last big concerts I went to - Bruce Springsteen at Madison Square Garden in 2006 and Ringo Starr at Radio City Music Hall last year - I saw people taking photos during the show, and in some cases they were using flash, and nobody came over to them to stop them, let alone take their cameras.

I asked someone else and they said that if the camera doesn't have a professional long lens on it, I'll probably be okay.

But someone else posting on a Beatles message board in response to my question responded by saying "The last time I went to a McCartney show, we were heavily searched. Heavily. "

I so want to bring my camera... but I also don't want to risk losing it, especially since I'll be coming by public transportation and I won't have anywhere to put it if I'm told I can't bring it in.

At of now - it's a little after 12.30am Friday morning - I don't know what the hell I'm going to do...

My GIF has been viewed more than 377 million times!
          https://giphy.com/gifs/mlb-yankees-t...wH6yMO7ED5xc7S

Comment

• Shea1012
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by foulpole View Post
            So I sold the last of my available McCartney tickets today, and then I get a call from a friend tonight who says "Hey, I heard you've got McCartney tickets for Tuesday....got any left"? I say no, but I'll look into it for him. So I just went on 507-tixx and found Field Center Row 1 Seats 1-2. Unbelievable. The Mets have got to take a credibility hit with this, since we all now know that terms like pre-sale and sold out mean absolutly nothing.
            They won't - because next time they have a pre-sale, or whatever, all of you amateur ticket brokers will still line up at 10 AM and buy up whatever tickets you can. Frankly, I think it's great that people who might have been unable to get to a PC or phone immediately when tickets when onsale have been able to buy tickets for the show.

Many the show isn't sold out because people realized it's not 1967 anymore...
            FORMERLY Section 522 Row 2; Mezz Reserved Row E

Comment

• Jim Vaz
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by kingcohn View Post
              anyone else going to the viewing party at the Sly Fox Inn tonight?
              Viewing?
              I thought the season died months ago?

Comment

• nymdan
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                I've read accounts where fans at other shows - McCartney's and other artists' - have had their cameras confiscated, and that's obviously something I'm very worried about.

But I've seen other peoples' concert photos on sites such as Flickr, and at the last big concerts I went to - Bruce Springsteen at Madison Square Garden in 2006 and Ringo Starr at Radio City Music Hall last year - I saw people taking photos during the show, and in some cases they were using flash, and nobody came over to them to stop them, let alone take their cameras.

I asked someone else and they said that if the camera doesn't have a professional long lens on it, I'll probably be okay.

But someone else posting on a Beatles message board in response to my question responded by saying "The last time I went to a McCartney show, we were heavily searched. Heavily. "

I so want to bring my camera... but I also don't want to risk losing it, especially since I'll be coming by public transportation and I won't have anywhere to put it if I'm told I can't bring it in.

At of now - it's a little after 12.30am Friday morning - I don't know what the hell I'm going to do...
                From my experience, since digital cameras and camera phones became ubiquitous, they stopped instituting/enforcing "no camera" rules at concerts.

And at the one concert I've been to recently where the ticket said no cameras, where I was in the same situation as you where I took public transportation there, A) I simply held my camera in my hand while they patted me down, and I got it in with no problem, and B) I called the box office and they told me that there is someplace they'd allow you to check your cameras and pick them up at the end of the show.

So, what I'd do is call the ticket office and ask them beforehand what the policy is. If they say no cameras allowed, ask them what happens if they find somebody has a camera, and decide if it's worth risking.

(Or, as another option, you can PM me your phone number and I'll give you mine, and if you get there before me and they don't let you in, you can put your camera in my car. Unfortunately I have to drive there despite the $30 parking fee tonight due to logistics of where my friend is coming from/going after the concert).

Comment

• tomkaz
                  • Mar 2007

The Mets’ last Banner Day was staged years ago but it was revived by the New York Times over the past week and produced some pretty clever results.

July 16, 2009, 10:02 pm
                  Banner Day, 2009
                  By Jay Schreiber

The Mets’ last Banner Day was staged years ago but it was revived by The New York Times over the past week and produced some pretty clever results.

Close to 100 people used words and images to comment on the 2009 season, which, for the Mets, has been a succession of minor calamities. Contributors took note of the team’s medical mayhem, the overly large dimensions of Citi Field, the game-ending popup that Luis Castillo famously dropped and the team’s overall failure to play winning baseball. The team’s unhappy connection to Wall Street scandal didn’t escape scrutiny, nor did the ongoing absence of Bobby Valentine.

Even the memory of Casey Stengel was evoked, along with the “Can’t Anybody Here Play This Game?’’ team that he managed in the early 1960’s.

Most of the entries were humorous, and at least a few people expressed a desire to see the Mets bring back Banner Day as an annual event. Maybe someday they will, but until then we’ve filled the void.

Without further ado, here are the most noteworthy of this year’s entries. It should be noted that one contributor — Marc Ragovin — came up with two winners. So far, he’s having a better season than the Mets.

Winning Images

Scott Grayson and Roy Tuck This pretty much sums up the first half of the Mets’ 2009 season. Even Mr. Met can’t hold onto his over-sized baseball head, and he is no doubt going to be the next Met headed to the disabled list. Note the Piti Field sign looming in the background.

Susan Spector, Leonia, NJ The number and frequency of injuries and trips to the D.L. by Mets players this year has been unprecedented. It seems to me that, perhaps, fans and the team could benefit from a good laugh about their unfortunate predicament. During her childhood, my daughter has gone through boxes of adhesive bandages featuring a myriad of Disney, cartoon and TV characters. Knowing the popularity of these designer adhesive bandages led me to imagine a promotional tie-in. It would bring sponsorship dollars to the club and much-needed laughs to all!
                  Jon Keller, Shea Stadium Win or lose…we love ‘em….and we love Shea too.
                  Paul Stoddard The injuries to Carlos Delgado (21), Carlos Beltran (15) and Jose Reyes (7) have indeed been heart-breaking to Mets fans.
                  Matt Netter Razor Shines is, by all accounts, a great guy and a very good coach. While his personality shines, the rest of the team, well, not so much.
                  Rachel Eisenman I want the Mets to know we understand the situation and that we support them and wish them well.
                  Winning Comments

Someone Madoff With the Mets’ Season — Dave Miller, Glen Head, N.Y.

Paging Bobby Valentine. Bobby Valentine to the Front Desk, Please — Mark Scarola , East Northport, N.Y.

Mets Fever, Catch It With Both Hands — Alex (no last name or address available)

Mr. Wilpon, Tear Down These Walls! — Marc Ragovin, New York, N.Y.

Obama to Congress: We Must Reform Mets Health Care in Our Lifetime — Marc Ragovin

Droppin’ Like Flies! — Zach Joachim, Sudbury, Mass.

Not a Banner Season — Michael Dube, Pittsburgh, Pa.

Chicks Dig the Double-Play Grounder — Larry Arnold, Rockville, Md.

We Have Mets the Enemy and They Is Us — Richard F. Hartzell, New York, N.Y.

Each Met Can Do the Work of Three Men: Larry, Moe and Curly — Stephen D. Gross, Monte Rio, Calif.

Can’t Anybody Here Catch This Ball? — Mark Bernstein, Springfield, Pa.

Little League Ball at Big-League Prices — John Bauer, St. Petersburg, Fla.

I Came to Citi Field and All I Got Was This Lousy Team — Illiana J. Murray, Brooklyn, N.Y.

Comment

• robardin
                    Orange + Blue Pincushion
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Shea1012 View Post
                    Frankly, I think it's great that people who might have been unable to get to a PC or phone immediately when tickets when onsale have been able to buy tickets for the show.
                    Just as frankly, I also have no sympathy for those "amateur ticket brokers" who overestimated the demand for tickets (they priced them at a premium already), even though I am in that category for the first and last time, and would agree that it's great that people can get tickets to the show long after they first went on sale.

BUT what is NOT great is the straight out LYING by the ticket office when they:

1 - Use words like "an exclusive pre-sale" in a mailing to season's ticket holders (huh, it's the same pre-sale that a free online Fan Club is participating in, and all AmEx card holders)
                    2 - Tell ALL ticket buyers, on the website and on the phone, that the concert was "SOLD OUT" on day one, then over the next 4+ weeks advertise more tickets available (which are then SOLD OUT, but wait, not really.... not once but MULTIPLE times). Consider this: there are many on this board who sold their pre-sale tickets on StubHub on Day 2 for a profit, when they could now buy tickets at face value or lower on Craigslist and/or StubHub. Those buyers were ripped off, not through any chicanery of the "scalpers" but because of the ticket office misleading people.
                    3 - Later release tickets (after "selling out" a few times) that are BETTER ONES than were labeled "BEST AVAILABLE" in the previous, original sales. This was really the last straw. I couldn't get any Prom Level tickets in the pre-sale that weren't in the 500's. They're not bad tickets; rows 3 and 5 in Sections 527, 528; but this past Sunday (7/12), I checked the 507tixx.com website and could buy tickets in Section 427 in "Prom Box" seats. I would MUCH PREFER those seats to the ones I got as "best available" in a "special pre-sale" a whole month earlier.

So even if you don't shed any tears for would-be scalpers, which you shouldn't, you should be angry, very angry, at an outfit that claims to sell tickets on a first-come, first-serve, best-available basis, but does not.

A bullsh*t pre-sale benefit to STH.

A bullsh*t sell-out announcement. Make that MULTIPLE bullsh*t sellout announcements.

A bullsh*t claim of "best seats available" -- their definition of "best available" is not "best of what we haven't sold yet", but "the best of what we haven't decided to sell in the current wave, which we won't tell you how many there are or what seats they're comprised of or why we're doing it in waves, except that by now you should have figured out it's never all in one go, and there will be more opened up after the first one that are at least as good as the first wave".

They do this for Mets games too, so it's definitely the Mets ticket office.
                    Last edited by robardin; 07-17-2009, 06:20 AM.
                    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• Gary Dunaier
                      Thumbs Down Guy/Moderator
                      • Sep 2007

Thanks to nymdan and another kind soul who offered to hold my camera in their vehicles for me should it come to that.

I finally decided not to bring my camera tonight. I was debating and debating and debating, but I decided that since I'm going to all three shows to leave the camera at home tonight and see what plays out. I know that if I see others with cameras - and I'm sure I will - I'm going to be very upset at myself for making the choice I did.

But I also want to actually see the show. I've never seen Paul McCartney in concert - I've seen Ringo Starr twice, and even Yoko Ono once, so for at least one of the performances I'd like to actually enjoy myself as a fan without concentrating on getting pictures.

So, yes, I'll be there, but New York's best ballpark photographer will be off duty. My very first visit to the Citi Field stadium without a camera.

But you know something? All of the photos I won't be taking tonight will still be better than the ones anyone else actually does take. That's how good I am.
                      My GIF has been viewed more than 377 million times!
                      https://giphy.com/gifs/mlb-yankees-t...wH6yMO7ED5xc7S

Comment

• tomzpc
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                        But you know something? All of the photos I won't be taking tonight will still be better than the ones anyone else actually does take. That's how good I am.
                        We all :bowdown: to Gary.

Comment

• CoreyNYC
                          Citi Field Sec 514, Row 2
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by robardin View Post
                          Just as frankly, I also have no sympathy for those "amateur ticket brokers" who overestimated the demand for tickets (they priced them at a premium already), even though I am in that category for the first and last time, and would agree that it's great that people can get tickets to the show long after they first went on sale.

1 - Use words like "an exclusive pre-sale" in a mailing to season's ticket holders (huh, it's the same pre-sale that a free online Fan Club is participating in, and all AmEx card holders)
                          2 - Tell ALL ticket buyers, on the website and on the phone, that the concert was "SOLD OUT" on day one, then over the next 4+ weeks advertise more tickets available (which are then SOLD OUT, but wait, not really.... not once but MULTIPLE times). Consider this: there are many on this board who sold their pre-sale tickets on StubHub on Day 2 for a profit, when they could now buy tickets at face value or lower on Craigslist and/or StubHub. Those buyers were ripped off, not through any chicanery of the "scalpers" but because of the ticket office misleading people.
                          3 - Later release tickets (after "selling out" a few times) that are BETTER ONES than were labeled "BEST AVAILABLE" in the previous, original sales. This was really the last straw. I couldn't get any Prom Level tickets in the pre-sale that weren't in the 500's. They're not bad tickets; rows 3 and 5 in Sections 527, 528; but this past Sunday (7/12), I checked the 507tixx.com website and could buy tickets in Section 427 in "Prom Box" seats. I would MUCH PREFER those seats to the ones I got as "best available" in a "special pre-sale" a whole month earlier.

So even if you don't shed any tears for would-be scalpers, which you shouldn't, you should be angry, very angry, at an outfit that claims to sell tickets on a first-come, first-serve, best-available basis, but does not.

A bullsh*t sell-out announcement. Make that MULTIPLE bullsh*t sellout announcements.

A bullsh*t claim of "best seats available" -- their definition of "best available" is not "best of what we haven't sold yet", but "the best of what we haven't decided to sell in the current wave, which we won't tell you how many there are or what seats they're comprised of or why we're doing it in waves, except that by now you should have figured out it's never all in one go, and there will be more opened up after the first one that are at least as good as the first wave".

I guess you don't go to many concerts. Most venues go from being sold out to having tickets weeks later.

I just got this yesterday about previously "sold out" Green Day shows at MSG:

Live Nation is running all sorts of deals and promos on tickets for shows at Jones Beach, PNC, and all over the country. People are now paying $5 for tickets that others have paid $30+ for. When the Mets do it, people whine about it here.

The Mets certainly aren't perfect but the level of expectations and vilification in this forum is absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

• Shea1012
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by robardin View Post

Just curious How many concerts you have been responsible for hosting? We know NOTHING about how tickets are sold allocated. For all we know, McCartney, his record label, the Queen told the Mets, hold 3,000 seats because we will need them. Seats are held for Sponsors, VIP's, etc. As the shows get closer, and the Mets (or whoever is hosting the show) is told by Paul, you know what, I only need 20 tickets, not 3,000, the team then tries to sell them.

I cannot address the exclusive pre-sale and whether it is bull or not - because I am not a lawyer - though my hunch is the Mets have very good ones, who have advised them on their wordings and terminolgies and things of this nature.
                            FORMERLY Section 522 Row 2; Mezz Reserved Row E

Comment

• dstoffa
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Shea1012 View Post
                              I cannot address the exclusive pre-sale and whether it is bull or not - because I am not a lawyer - though my hunch is the Mets have very good ones, who have advised them on their wordings and terminolgies and things of this nature.
                              The Mets have always stated, going back to Shea Days, that 'sometimes tickets in a better location will become available at a later date...' The Mets released single game tickets to the Subway Series way after they said they were sold out. Seems the same rules apply here.

Why would you think any differently?

Somehow I always get brought back to Homer Simpson, watching TV, and seeing an ad for "Mr. Microphone" that yells out, "LIMITED!!!" Homer runs picks up the phone, dials the number, and is connected to the warehouse, and proceeds to buy one. Meanwhile, in the background, it looks as if one could find the lost ark of the covenant in that warehouse, surrounded by thousands of Mr. Microphones....

Cheers!
                              -Doug
                              20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• tfc3rid
                                Heading South
                                • Feb 2008

But now to the more pressing issue...

Anyone think that Taste of the City will be open or accessible tonight? Will have a hankering for some Shack.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X