Page 1638 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 6381138153815881628163616371638163916401648168817382138 ... LastLast
Results 32,741 to 32,760 of 44980

Thread: Citi Field

  1. #32741
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    6,461
    With the Mets 4-8, having lost each of the first 4 series, all 2 of 3 , it will be interesting to see attendance at this next home stand. If they do not start winning a few series, especially at home, ...and yes it is still early, .....but if they do not get the casual fans attention there will be tons of empties. People on BF will be discussing sitting here, or there, or going to this club or that club........but if the Mets start putting up attendance numbers of 28,000 sold with a lot less than that in the house....look out. The discounts will be coming fast and furious.

  2. #32742
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    With the Mets 4-8, having lost each of the first 4 series, all 2 of 3 , it will be interesting to see attendance at this next home stand. If they do not start winning a few series, especially at home, ...and yes it is still early, .....but if they do not get the casual fans attention there will be tons of empties. People on BF will be discussing sitting here, or there, or going to this club or that club........but if the Mets start putting up attendance numbers of 28,000 sold with a lot less than that in the house....look out. The discounts will be coming fast and furious.
    Thank heavens -- I've only got 11 games left to sell. I was worried this was going to happen.

  3. #32743
    There is also a Target down the road from the Toys R Us and the Multiplex on the Whitestone Expressway.

  4. #32744
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by richiek View Post
    Actually, they're gonna open a Target at the Best Buy/BJ's site next to Citi Field this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJRogers View Post
    There is also a Target down the road from the Toys R Us and the Multiplex on the Whitestone Expressway.
    Look at those naming rights at work!

  5. #32745
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Forest Hills, NY
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    With the Mets 4-8, having lost each of the first 4 series, all 2 of 3 , it will be interesting to see attendance at this next home stand. If they do not start winning a few series, especially at home, ...and yes it is still early, .....but if they do not get the casual fans attention there will be tons of empties. People on BF will be discussing sitting here, or there, or going to this club or that club........but if the Mets start putting up attendance numbers of 28,000 sold with a lot less than that in the house....look out. The discounts will be coming fast and furious.

    Poor performance isn't fun for anybody - fans, players, management.

    They priced aggressively due to a high payroll, new ballpark, and projected strong team performance. Came up a little short on the last item. So I agree with you, now they'll have to discount agressively.

    Who'd have predicted that Wright would be so un-clutch and lose his power to boot? That Delgado would drop off the planet, Beltran's knees would go, Reyes would level off so soon, Maine would lose his fastball, you name it. That and some bad contracts, and here we are.

    Honestly I think it'll take another two years of this, at which point they should have another manager, GM, no more Ollie at $12M, no more Castillo at $6M, maybe Beltran comes back at a reduced rate, etc. Till then (at least) it's a storm we all have to weather, with cut-rate tix the norm, as you suggest.

  6. #32746
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    6,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister B. View Post
    Poor performance isn't fun for anybody - fans, players, management.

    They priced aggressively due to a high payroll, new ballpark, and projected strong team performance. Came up a little short on the last item. So I agree with you, now they'll have to discount agressively.

    Who'd have predicted that Wright would be so un-clutch and lose his power to boot? That Delgado would drop off the planet, Beltran's knees would go, Reyes would level off so soon, Maine would lose his fastball, you name it. That and some bad contracts, and here we are.

    Honestly I think it'll take another two years of this, at which point they should have another manager, GM, no more Ollie at $12M, no more Castillo at $6M, maybe Beltran comes back at a reduced rate, etc. Till then (at least) it's a storm we all have to weather, with cut-rate tix the norm, as you suggest.
    But, there could be HELP on the way ! No, not Davis or anyone else from Buffalo...........but the Cubs are coming. The historic cure for a losing streak. The Cubs of 1908 fame....and only 1908 thanks to Fred Merckle.

    The other night in Chicago. Opening game for the Black Hawks. 112 points, home ice advantage against Nashville (some hockey town,eh). The Hawks, looking to end the longest current Stanley Cup drought....49 years ! Yes, no Cup since 1961 despite Bobby Hull, Tony Espo, etc etc. All set to open up the playoffs and who shows up...........

    The CUBS. I swear. The Cubs show up wearing Black Hawk jerseys and are waving to the crowd. YIKES. 49 years isn't bad enough? The ultimate franchise for losing has to show up in 'support'...why to remind the fans that 49 years is not even half of 102 years ?

    Of course, The Hawks lose game one at home and lose home ice advantage. Yup, I guess the Cubs like to spread the misery !

    So who better to come to Citi and right the Mets ship? The CUBS. What has 18 legs and lives in the basement Cubs !!!

    If the Mets lose this series, it's time to start watching for preseason NFL.

  7. #32747
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Shea Stadium
    Posts
    4,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister B. View Post
    Poor performance isn't fun for anybody - fans, players, management.

    They priced aggressively due to a high payroll, new ballpark, and projected strong team performance. Came up a little short on the last item. So I agree with you, now they'll have to discount agressively.

    Who'd have predicted that Wright would be so un-clutch and lose his power to boot? That Delgado would drop off the planet, Beltran's knees would go, Reyes would level off so soon, Maine would lose his fastball, you name it. That and some bad contracts, and here we are.

    Honestly I think it'll take another two years of this, at which point they should have another manager, GM, no more Ollie at $12M, no more Castillo at $6M, maybe Beltran comes back at a reduced rate, etc. Till then (at least) it's a storm we all have to weather, with cut-rate tix the norm, as you suggest.
    Really rebuilding a team is a 5 or 6 year process, but even that would be optimistic. The Wilpons call the shots and who the GM is matters little. Until Fred and Jeff are dislodged I don't see many championships for the Mets. Although I'll buy tickets on the secondary market, I make an exceptional effort not to buy from the team or spend a whole lot at the ballpark.

    Where do they get their money in a down real estate market and with Madoff gone? If their revenue from the Mets craters and they have to repay a substantial amount to the swindled, they might yet have to sell.


    "The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

  8. #32748
    I feel bad for those of you with plans to attend multiple games this season. I have such a sense of relief having not renewed this season it is unbelievable. And not relief from being worried about selling this game or that, and setting up packages, having people back out on craigslist, etc. No, I am relieved that I don't have to feel forced to go watch this lifeless team play. I have tickets to Wednesday nights game and am bummed I am stuck with those! Guess I will spend some time in the HOF at least.

    I am as die hard as the next guy, but I don't even watch the team on tv anymore. Maybe part of this is having a one year old to deal with, but even after she goes to bed, I would rather watch a random NBA or NHL payoff game, or whatever is on my DVR that a Mets game right now. I will tune in to see Ike's AB's tonight, but I am more worried that the stink of this team will rub off on Ike.

    Even our "good" players make me sick. Take K-Rod for example - blaming a dead arm and warming up 8 times or so for blowing a save. Give me a break - you are the cocky one who asked to pitch to Molina, and you could't get it done - then you start spouting excuses. Please.

    I hope the NY Post writer was correct, and Manuel doesn't survive a 3-7 homestand - maybe he can take his boss with him...
    FORMERLY Section 522 Row 2; Mezz Reserved Row E

  9. #32749
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    93
    Any obstructions in section 416, row 4 or section 417 row 3?

    Thanks in advance

  10. #32750
    Quote Originally Posted by chedda man View Post
    Any obstructions in section 416, row 4 or section 417 row 3?

    Thanks in advance
    Those are excellent Prom Club seats, almost directly behind home. I would sit there in a heartbeat.

  11. #32751
    Quote Originally Posted by chedda man View Post
    Any obstructions in section 416, row 4 or section 417 row 3?

    Thanks in advance
    chedda man
    your seats will be awesome
    I sat in section 416 row 2
    here is your view
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #32752
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    6,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister B. View Post
    Poor performance isn't fun for anybody - fans, players, management.

    They priced aggressively due to a high payroll, new ballpark, and projected strong team performance. Came up a little short on the last item. So I agree with you, now they'll have to discount agressively.

    Who'd have predicted that Wright would be so un-clutch and lose his power to boot? That Delgado would drop off the planet, Beltran's knees would go, Reyes would level off so soon, Maine would lose his fastball, you name it. That and some bad contracts, and here we are.

    Honestly I think it'll take another two years of this, at which point they should have another manager, GM, no more Ollie at $12M, no more Castillo at $6M, maybe Beltran comes back at a reduced rate, etc. Till then (at least) it's a storm we all have to weather, with cut-rate tix the norm, as you suggest.

    The Mets better discount and soon. The next Yankees home stand has big discounts ! Best record in MLB yet they can discount???? What are the Mets waiting for ???

    Yankees Esaver Promo Codes & Pricing:
    Section Regular Price Esaver Price Savings Per Seat Promo Code
    Audi Yankees Club $140 $100 $40 newerabowl
    Mohegan Sun Sports Bar $90 $50 $40 newerabowl
    Batter's Eye $125 $50 $75 newerabowl
    Field Level $90 $75 $15 newerabowl
    Main Level $90 $75 $15 newerabowl

    sorry that its jumbled

    These are for 4/30-5/2 vs Chisox and 5/3-5/5 vs Baltimore.
    IMHO Audi is great;batters eye stink

    So....Mr Wilpon, it's your call !!!

  13. #32753
    i predict the discounts will roll in by June.
    since most of those games are in the Gold pricing tier.

  14. #32754
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    The Mets better discount and soon. The next Yankees home stand has big discounts ! Best record in MLB yet they can discount???? What are the Mets waiting for ???

    Yankees Esaver Promo Codes & Pricing:
    Section Regular Price Esaver Price Savings Per Seat Promo Code
    Audi Yankees Club $140 $100 $40 newerabowl
    Mohegan Sun Sports Bar $90 $50 $40 newerabowl
    Batter's Eye $125 $50 $75 newerabowl
    Field Level $90 $75 $15 newerabowl
    Main Level $90 $75 $15 newerabowl

    sorry that its jumbled

    These are for 4/30-5/2 vs Chisox and 5/3-5/5 vs Baltimore.
    IMHO Audi is great;batters eye stink

    So....Mr Wilpon, it's your call !!!
    The Yankees have Audi Club and Batters Eye seats listed on GoldStar Events since Spring Training.

    Again, I don't think the Yankees have discounts out of the goodness of thier hearts, I think they have them because thier cost is fixed and any revenue is better than no revenue.

    Conversely, I don't think the Mets are not discounting ( at least not yet) because they are d*cks, although I'm having a problem figuring out what they are waiting for.

    Something to think about:
    Are Yankee fans are demanding rebates or special perks because new sales in thier sectiions are discounted?

    Not that I know of.

  15. #32755
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    6,461
    Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    The Yankees have Audi Club and Batters Eye seats listed on GoldStar Events since Spring Training.

    Again, I don't think the Yankees have discounts out of the goodness of thier hearts, I think they have them because thier cost is fixed and any revenue is better than no revenue.

    Conversely, I don't think the Mets are not discounting ( at least not yet) because they are d*cks, although I'm having a problem figuring out what they are waiting for.

    Something to think about:
    Are Yankee fans are demanding rebates or special perks because new sales in thier sectiions are discounted?

    Not that I know of.
    The Goldstar discounts were for a few games. These e-savers are for the next homestand. The batters eye tickets on goldstar were not $50, I think. The Audi were $100 with a $16 fee. The fee on NYY is $5.50 , but if one goes to the box office with the email the offer is still valid.

    I don't know much about Mohegan seats. $90 seems overpriced, and if they discount to $50 that tells me most people think it is over priced. Anyone who spends $125 to sit in the batter's eye needs to see a doctor. The seats are cramped, no leg room, no cup holders.....ideal for people who can't recall how cramped RYS actually was.

    $100 for the Audi is a deal. The Main seats below it are discounted from $90 to $75. For an extra $25, one can get unlimited food, deserts, and non alcoholic drinks. Way better deal than the overpriced Acela Club! And much better food options than the comp food at the Delta Lounge !!!

    The NYY are averaging 44,602 so far this season. The Mets are averaging 33,476 . You tell me who needs to discount tickets to get fans in the place?

    I just looked up the gold star discounts; batters eye $90, NYY e-savers $50.

    As John Sterling would say "Theeeeeeeeeee Yankees win"

  16. #32756
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Forest Hills, NY
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    The Goldstar discounts were for a few games. These e-savers are for the next homestand. The batters eye tickets on goldstar were not $50, I think. The Audi were $100 with a $16 fee. The fee on NYY is $5.50 , but if one goes to the box office with the email the offer is still valid.

    I don't know much about Mohegan seats. $90 seems overpriced, and if they discount to $50 that tells me most people think it is over priced. Anyone who spends $125 to sit in the batter's eye needs to see a doctor. The seats are cramped, no leg room, no cup holders.....ideal for people who can't recall how cramped RYS actually was.

    $100 for the Audi is a deal. The Main seats below it are discounted from $90 to $75. For an extra $25, one can get unlimited food, deserts, and non alcoholic drinks. Way better deal than the overpriced Acela Club! And much better food options than the comp food at the Delta Lounge !!!

    The NYY are averaging 44,602 so far this season. The Mets are averaging 33,476 . You tell me who needs to discount tickets to get fans in the place?

    I just looked up the gold star discounts; batters eye $90, NYY e-savers $50.

    As John Sterling would say "Theeeeeeeeeee Yankees win"
    John Sterling, yeesh. I bet you are one of the few that knows he was the voice of the New York Raiders in 1972. BUT, did you know he was one of the TV voices of the Atlanta Braves in 1985? Found that out when watching an SNY broadcast (Atlanta feed) of the 19-inning Mets / Braves game that started 7/4/85 and ended at 4AM on July 5.

    Anyway.

    We probably have to reserve judgment on evaluatiing and comparing discounts until the Mets actually get going on it. It's not a place they are anxious or happy to go to, but it's inevitable. Can't do it too soon or the masses expect it and hold out for it, but when your competition is a massive amount of cut-rate StubHub tix, discount they will.

    Just gotta wait for those Flashing Flushes, or whatever they call them.

  17. #32757
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,442
    The Yankees had the e-savers last year too. They're the best way to get audi club tix at a more reasonable price. There won't be some many opportunities for the summer and definitely not for red sox or mets
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/esaver.jsp

    The Mets may or may not start slashing prices soon. Last year they had to to do it because June+ tickets weren't sold at the beginning, and by the time they opened them up they couldn't catch up to their expected volumes so they discounted heavily

  18. #32758
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    6,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister B. View Post
    John Sterling, yeesh. I bet you are one of the few that knows he was the voice of the New York Raiders in 1972. BUT, did you know he was one of the TV voices of the Atlanta Braves in 1985? Found that out when watching an SNY broadcast (Atlanta feed) of the 19-inning Mets / Braves game that started 7/4/85 and ended at 4AM on July 5.

    Anyway.

    We probably have to reserve judgment on evaluatiing and comparing discounts until the Mets actually get going on it. It's not a place they are anxious or happy to go to, but it's inevitable. Can't do it too soon or the masses expect it and hold out for it, but when your competition is a massive amount of cut-rate StubHub tix, discount they will.

    Just gotta wait for those Flashing Flushes, or whatever they call them.
    Raider Goal...Raider Goal......transformed into the haunting Islander Goal...Islander Goal....etc etc

    And yes WTBS forced him across America for many seasons, with Skip Caray and Pete Johnson zzzzzzzzzzz.
    I am very surprised that NYY put out the e-savers already. They are averaging nearly 45K without discounts.

  19. #32759
    Wow. The crowd looks really sparse tonight. I guess Ike Davis wasn't much of a draw.

  20. #32760
    Quote Originally Posted by richiek View Post
    Wow. The crowd looks really sparse tonight. I guess Ike Davis wasn't much of a draw.
    Umm it was made official at like 1:30, people can't make plans to make it to a weeknight game because most people work

Page 1638 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 6381138153815881628163616371638163916401648168817382138 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •