X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ribant
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
    The outlets are not in traditional malls, they are physically located away from other stores. TJ Maxx & Century 21 get excess inventory mainly from other retailers, not usually from the manufacturers

Just because fans with tickets are not official retailers it doesn't take away from the reality of the situation that several teams have been overselling tickets with the promise of an easy secondary market to unload extra tickets. If the teams then undercut you in that same market, there's something to be said about deceitful business practices
    Key word--- easy.

MLB has created via Stub Hub a secondary market where a seller can EASILY and anonamously sell tickets sometimes at a loss, sometimes at a profit. And a buyer can EASILY buy tickets sometimes above and sometimes below face value knowing the ticket is authentic and valid.

But nowhere in written or on my expericne verbal communication does it say anywhere you can EASILY make a profit.

Thats market risk.

From the Mets Website

StubHub, the Official Fan to Fan Ticket Marketplace of mets.com, is an online ticket marketplace where anyone can buy or sell any ticket to any event nationwide and is the largest ticket marketplace in the world, based on sales. StubHub, an eBay company, is headquartered in San Francisco.

StubHub replaces the Mets Ticket Marketplace as the Official Fan to Fan Ticket Marketplace of mets.com.

Benefits
    There are many benefits of using StubHub to buy and sell tickets:
    You can easily sell tickets in a safe and secure environment
    No need to worry about communication with buyers of your tickets
    Get paid quickly by check, PayPal, or credit to your Mets account.
    Take advantage of the millions of fans looking for tickets on StubHub. StubHub has nearly 5 million registered users, all of whom will be able to see your tickets.
    StubHub offers ticket sellers and fans a clear and easy to use website experience, with industry leading Interactive Seat Maps and past transaction data for sellers.
    eDelivery - every ticket order will be digitally delivered; buyers no longer wait for their FedEx delivery and sellers don't have to run to FedEx to drop off packages.
    Excellent customer service 7 days a week
    StubHub's FanProtectTM guarantee. [What is this?]

Comment

• dstoffa
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
      Maybe you didn't get the right Mets ticket rep, because I kid you not - Mets reps have been telling people flat out on the phone to buy more tickets because they can sell them and make money.

But lets cut to the chase - of course there's no official promise of maintaining a fair market for fans. Fans are expected to buy tickets at the primary market for themselves and their friends/family/clients. If you can't resell them it's just too bad for you, regardless of if you had the "expectation" of an easy secondary market. On the flip side, people that did get burned won't be as likely to renew in the same numbers. So it boils down to a balance between keeping your fans happy and maximizing revenue
      Wow. I knew the Mets TO was pressing the hard sell since Day One, but flat out telling fans to buy more to simply re-sell is extremely disturbing.... Must be like a Boiler Room there...

It should have been obvious during Shea's final years that the Mets would never be able to sell Citi as a FST only facility like the Giants and Jets.. They were always selling those Pennant Packs.... that was a sure tell that there would be plenty of inventory available down the road.

Now, getting back to re-sale of tickets.... The public at large has not been trained to go to the secondary market for tickets. I think the public at large thinks buying tickets on the secondary market is kind of like going to the scary man in the corner, with the potential of being ripped off... Until the public understands the secondary market in earnest, and that deals can be had, they will continue to only go to the primary market, which is the club itself.

I have people tell me that they can't get affordable tickets to a ball game, and that the clubs only have super expensive seats left... Then I mention the hub to them, and the deals they can get, and they get all scared, not wanted to deal with being ripped off.. It's all about perception.

Cheers!
      -Doug
      20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• mandrake
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by dstoffa View Post
        Wow. I knew the Mets TO was pressing the hard sell since Day One, but flat out telling fans to buy more to simply re-sell is extremely disturbing.... Must be like a Boiler Room there...

It should have been obvious during Shea's final years that the Mets would never be able to sell Citi as a FST only facility like the Giants and Jets.. They were always selling those Pennant Packs.... that was a sure tell that there would be plenty of inventory available down the road.

Now, getting back to re-sale of tickets.... The public at large has not been trained to go to the secondary market for tickets. I think the public at large thinks buying tickets on the secondary market is kind of like going to the scary man in the corner, with the potential of being ripped off... Until the public understands the secondary market in earnest, and that deals can be had, they will continue to only go to the primary market, which is the club itself.

I have people tell me that they can't get affordable tickets to a ball game, and that the clubs only have super expensive seats left... Then I mention the hub to them, and the deals they can get, and they get all scared, not wanted to deal with being ripped off.. It's all about perception.

Cheers!
        -Doug
        Doug
        You are right. There is a perception problem. Once print at home tickets started, people were getting fleeced by buying seats to any event, where the scammer sold the same seat to multiple buyers.

Later when original tickets were sold to people that did not know that those tickets had been 'cancelled' and replaced, and those legit looking tickets turned up as invalid, people became more hesitant. People wanted the hard tickets because they felt safer than the print at home type. They found out they were not.

IMHO, stubhub is the safest way to buy and sell tickets, but there are a lot of people in the general public who lump stubhub in with those 'scare stories' that are out there.

Comment

• GordonGecko
          On the Inside
          • Feb 2008

It's funny but pro sports is a product you don't have to spend a dime on to enjoy. You can sit home and watch every game or listen on the radio for free. You can read stories about your team online or in the newspapers at no cost.

So if the team rips you off or mistreats you at the stadium, you don't stop being a fan you just stop going. Eventually you buy tickets anyways because you want to be there in person. Life is good for team owners, they don't have to worry (within reason) about mistreating fans because they'll just keep coming back

Comment

• RayNY
            • Feb 2009

What's new with Citi Field?

Hey guys, I was away in Africa since July 1st for vacation and just got back yesterday. So what's new with Citi Field? Any changes since then? Cheers.
            STOP ABUSING COFFEE

Comment

• Dishy24
              Prom Club 416
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by CKNY View Post
              I am not actually "new", been reading for quite somet ime and I'm well aware of all the complaining.
              Then you know that this place is loaded with information. It is filled with mostly great & knowledgeable people (of course, there is the occasional "bad apple" just looking to stir up trouble…) But overall, we pretty much all have one thing in common... our love of the Mets! Welcome! :gt

Comment

• JeremyEye
                Lifelong Mets Fan
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by RayNY View Post
                Hey guys, I was away in Africa since July 1st for vacation and just got back yesterday. So what's new with Citi Field? Any changes since then? Cheers.
                New video board in right field (As you may have seen), but it's not functioning yet. There's also a video board added in the concourse (I believe) behind home plate.
                Ya Gotta Believe!

Yes, I'm a Flyers and Eagles fan, too.

Comment

• thrill5one6
                  Mr. Met
                  • Feb 2009

Rain out tonight? :crossfingers:

Comment

• mandrake
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Dishy24 View Post
                    Then you know that this place is loaded with information. It is filled with mostly great & knowledgeable people (of course, there is the occasional "bad apple" just looking to stir up trouble…) But overall, we pretty much all have one thing in common... our love of the Mets! Welcome! :gt
                    One of the great things about this place is that you get a chance to meet some of these people at Citi Field.
                    Others you feel like you have met them just because you have read their posts for months, or even years.
                    And even new members seem familiar.

One big happy family !

Comment

• AJbaseball00024
                      Rozay.
                      • Jun 2009

Question:

I am going to Citi Field soon, Can you sit in the Promenade Seats are do you have to be a member of some club? Thanks!
                      Just call me a sports fan.

Comment

• mandrake
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by thrill5one6 View Post
                        If so, then what. Another day/night DH? Even mother nature can't mess with Build a bear nite.

Comment

• BMF
                          BIG MAN
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by CKNY View Post
                          How can a plain black rectangle made up of LEDs be "ugly" (or good looking, for that matter)?
                          What exactly should a scoreboard look like and how does this one differ in appearance from any other one?
                          Should they surround it with ads so everyone can complain about more advertising?
                          I think it'll be nice if they get it up and running
                          http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...6078886&ref=ts
                          follow me on twitter
                          https://twitter.com/reemowilliams

Comment

• GordonGecko
                            On the Inside
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                            If so, then what. Another day/night DH? Even mother nature can't mess with Build a bear nite.
                            Get your free bear, sell the raincheck ticket?

Comment

• thrill5one6
                              Mr. Met
                              • Feb 2009

Anyone familiar with that radar stuff?
                              Weather.com says 70% chance of rain all night

Comment

• peterrod16
                                • May 2008

Anyone familiar with that radar stuff?
                                Weather.com says 70% chance of rain all night
                                from what i hear the heaviest rain will begin at 6PM untill 930Pm
                                they could wait it out
                                if the mets are smart they will PPD tonights game and play a doubleheader on Monday.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X