Page 507 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 740745749750550650750850951755760710071507 ... LastLast
Results 12,651 to 12,675 of 43497

Thread: Citi Field

Nice pics of the Acela Club. Looks really nice there. Maybe I'll get Caesars Club tickets once this year and make reservations to eat at the restaurant. I'm hoping some of the Caesars Club tickets will be going for under face eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by nymdan View Post
    Nice pics of the Acela Club. Looks really nice there. Maybe I'll get Caesars Club tickets once this year and make reservations to eat at the restaurant. I'm hoping some of the Caesars Club tickets will be going for under face eventually...
    So what is the rankings of the clubs?

If you have access to one club, does that mean you have automatic access to the other clubs or just the clubs that are ranked lower than the one you have?

One more panoramic from today:

"You're killin' me Smalls!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shea120K View Post
    It's a typo.

Delta Silver and Delta regular ARE allowed to reserve at Acela

Also permitted are:

Delta Platinum and Gold
    Ebbets Club Gold
    Excelsior Club Platinum and Gold
    All Metropolitan Box
    All Field Box

The only area exclusive to Delta Platinum and Gold is the Delta Club Lounge which is just below the Delta Club and is basically a lounge with the same food as the Delta Club market but the food is all-you-can-eat included in the ticket price. Seeing as Row 8 (Gold) is more than $100/seat more than Row 9 (Silver) we didn't see the upside as we don't eat $100/person in food and we try not to drive to games since someone has to 'designated drive' home.
    You could be right that it's a typo but could you cite a source or provide a link that states that all Delta seats have access to the restaurant?

Here's the Club Memberships section, as printed in the ticket booklet that was sent out to all STHs:

Here's the info as provided on mets.com under Citi Field Information - A-to-Z Guide (http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ballpark/guide.jsp):

Acela Club
    Located on the Excelsior Level and exclusive to the following seat holders: Delta Club Platinum & Gold [my bold], Ebbets Club Gold, Caesars Club Platinum & Gold, All Metropolitan Box, All Field Box, a restaurant with full views of the playing field, the New York City skyline, and the World's Fair Marina, the Acela Club will feature a fine-dining experience inspired by the world renown Myriad Group of Tribeca Grill fame.

And here's a screen capture from another Mets web page (http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ball...staurant.jsp):

I hope that you're right, but everything that I have seen indicates otherwise.

My new clock!

Quote Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
    So what is the rankings of the clubs?

If you have access to one club, does that mean you have automatic access to the other clubs or just the clubs that are ranked lower than the one you have?
    See my previous post for access descriptions. The second part of your question is the way it works - you get access to the club indicated on your ticket PLUS those that are ranked below it.

DiggerODell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishy24 View Post
    Nice clock Dish. Now you'll always know what time it is. smile

My "Cheezy" photo!

This is my son Gavin proudly sitting with his brick on Friday 4/3.

Food at Citi Field

So far I have eaten a burger from shake shack (amazing), a pulled pork sandwich from blue smoke (amazing), frites and bacon dipping sauce (best fries in the park?) and the fried fish sandwich from catch of the day (best kept secret!).

well, ive also had a mama's special at citi but ive had so many of those at the restaurant and shea over the years i wouldnt count it.

what has everyone else tried so far at citi and what did you think of the food at Citi Field?

ARGH!!! I THINK YOU BEAT ME FOR IT!!!!

I had the steak tacos (awesome) and the Frites with the bacon dipping sauce... so damn good

DiggerODell Guest
    This is my son Gavin proudly sitting with his brick on Friday 4/3.

Look at that little dude Gavin! Precious! Look at those eyes! You must be a proud mama indeed. Don't ever sway back from a little personal print on baseball . . . keep that young man in the forefront of your memories (I know you will) of the game and you will be in his. He and his passion will make you proud.

I had shake burger and fries very good for the college game
    yesterday i had a sausage sandwich which was excellent
    plus i had chicken, sirloin steak and mini hot dogs in the delta club
    chicken was my favorite

did anyone post this article

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04052009...ck__163014.htm

The Mets have handed the Bronx Bombers their first loss of the season.

In the Subway Series of sustenance between the Big Apple's two brand-new ballparks, the Amazin's spanked the crosstown rival Yankees, offering better food and more variety, according to Food Network darling Sandra Lee.

Lee -- a Westchester resident who stars on her own show and has authored 16 cookbooks -- joined The Post at both Citi Field and the new Yankee Stadium during exhibition games Friday night, sampling everything from french fries to fried pickles in an unofficial tasting.

In the end, the Mets homered with their game-day grub, while the Yankees struck out.

"I really hate to say it, but it's no contest," said Lee, a Yankee fan. "I think Yankee Stadium is a warmer venue. But I am really, really disappointed in the food."

The most obvious difference was between the hamburgers -- Lee tried a $5.75 cheeseburger at Danny Meyer's Shake Shack at Citi Field and a $9 Johnny Rockets burger at Yankee Stadium.

"That is better than an In-N-Out burger, and that's tough to do," Lee said as she munched on the Shake Shack offering. "The ground beef is lovely. It's juicy and tender. The lettuce is crisp. The bun is warm and toasted. The small, little tomatoes are a miss, but it's very good."

The Johnny Rockets burger didn't score as high. "The beef is dry," she said. "Look at it. It crumbles. The cheese is barely melted. It's not even hot. Not good."

A $10 pulled-pork sandwich from Brother Jimmy's BBQ at Yankee Stadium got slightly better reviews, although Lee said, "It's pretty dry. And the pork is not pulled. It's just shredded." A side of $8 fried pickles didn't help the restaurant's case. "Horrible," she said. "These were cold and had a strange taste."

At Blue Smoke at Citi Field, a $9 pulled-pork sandwich also featured shredded pork, but Lee liked it a lot better -- despite chunks of fat visibly sitting in the meat.

"It's tender and juicy, but it has so much fat, how could it not be," said Lee.

Lee was particularly impressed with Citi Field's Mexican offerings -- she ordered a $9.75 taco combo that featured chicken mole, carnitas and marinated skirt steak.

"The meat is unbelievable," she said. "The carnitas are excellent with lots of great flavor, but hotter than heck with the sauce." At Yankee Stadium, a $9 nachos supreme covered in ground beef, guacamole, pico de gallo, cheese and sour cream didn't measure up. "It's just ordinary," Lee said.

She preferred the variety of choices at Citi Field, as well. The park has a fish stand called "Catch of the Day," where she enjoyed a $9.50 dish of fried calamari and a $17 lobster roll.

The one item where the Yankees scored higher was french fries -- Lee loved the team's garlic fries, which sell for $6 or $9 depending on the size. "These are 'God Bless America' good," she said. "I need that recipe."

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerODell View Post
    Look at that little dude Gavin! Precious! Look at those eyes! You must be a proud mama indeed. Don't ever sway back from a little personal print on baseball . . . keep that young man in the forefront of your memories (I know you will) of the game and you will be in his. He and his passion will make you proud.
    Digger- thank you for the very sweet comments! He is definately my little buddy! From the day he was born I hoped he would have the "true love" of the game and the Mets... and boy does he ever!!!

The Shake Shack burger is pretty much a grand slam - everyone simply raves about it, including me (had 2 at 2 games already) - and the Shack-Cago Dog is pretty damn good, very unique concoction, all fresh, all good.

Only have had the pulled pork at Big Smoke (great, little small for $9), dying to try the ribs next that everyone raves about.

+1 for the Frites with the bacon sauce, killer. House mayo is like a mustard/mayo kind of thing and wasn't bad, and I've yet to try the other sauces, but the bacon is a great start there.

I've lived on Mama's at Shea for years (the usual turkey/mozz - with extra gravy!), so that's always recommended, although I haven't had it yet at Citi.

Have yet to hit the Taqueria or the Catch Of The Day. Is the $9.75 taco combo the way to go? How's the COTD chowder?

I have to say that I was astounded at how good and how reasonably priced the Shake burger was. You certainly couldn't have gotten a hamburger of that quality at Shea. I also like the fact that you can get sauerkraut for your hot dogs virtually everywhere. The Belgian frites were also very good. My only disappointment was the Taste of the City area. They had said that they were going to offer ethnic food representative of the great culinary diversity of NY. All they had was a Japanese place, a Mexican place, and an Italian sandwich place. I didn't try the food and it might very well be excellent, but given the incredible diversity of New York, and Queens and Roosevelt Avenue in particular, I think they could have offered a few options that aren't available in every suburb. Still, for good old ballpark food, Citi Field appears to be first-rate.
    Please check out my book, Mets Fan
    Please check out my blog, Mets Fan Blog
    Read about my new book The Last Days of Shea

So I'm beginning to become really confused. Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I thought that Promenade Club seat owners had access to the restaurant too?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, but few understand. ---Wes Westrum

Quote Originally Posted by nymets3007 View Post
    So I'm beginning to become really confused. Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I thought that Promenade Club seat owners had access to the restaurant too?
    The Acela Club Restaurant? Definitely not.

Bronx, NY (Home of the Yanks!)/Trumbull, CT
    I don't ever get food at ballparks (I prefer to eat outside/beforehand), but it seems like Citi has top of the line food options. I remember going to the World's Fare in the RF corner and just drooling at some of the options there (especially some of the cakes). And Shake Shack >>>>> Johnny Rocket's. There's no contest there.

That said, the Farmer's Market at NYS does seem a bit cool. I couldn't find the retro beers stand though... not that it matters for someone under 21 like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by alpineinc View Post
    The Shake Shack burger is pretty much a grand slam - everyone simply raves about it, including me (had 2 at 2 games already) - and the Shack-Cago Dog is pretty damn good, very unique concoction, all fresh, all good.

Only have had the pulled pork at Big Smoke (great, little small for $9), dying to try the ribs next that everyone raves about.

+1 for the Frites with the bacon sauce, killer. House mayo is like a mustard/mayo kind of thing and wasn't bad, and I've yet to try the other sauces, but the bacon is a great start there.

I've lived on Mama's at Shea for years (the usual turkey/mozz - with extra gravy!), so that's always recommended, although I haven't had it yet at Citi.

Have yet to hit the Taqueria or the Catch Of The Day. Is the $9.75 taco combo the way to go? How's the COTD chowder?
    I saw someone eating the chowder today and they really seemed to enjoy it. I already started saving up for one of those lobster rolls...

This picture would bug me as Mets fan.

Maybe it's posted in here somewhere, but are the Mets no longer selling 15 game plans. For a few days now every time I click in to see whats left I get an event unavailable message

I was told by a guy working at the Caesers Club that there will be restaurants along 126th Street. I believe he was talking about the random room that we have been told is "retail space".
    "You're killin' me Smalls!"

Quote Originally Posted by metsforever7515 View Post
    I was told by a guy working at the Caesers Club that there will be restaurants along 126th Street. I believe he was talking about the random room that we have been told is "retail space".
    Maybe the HOF display, which is NOT beyond the 42 as a tour guide suggested (part of a team store)

Page 507 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 740745749750550650750850951755760710071507 ... LastLast