Page 562 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 6246251255256056156256356457261266210621562 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,240 of 44970

Thread: Citi Field

Quote Originally Posted by RichardK View Post
    Well if you guys are talking about the Press Box camera why would that make watching the game on TV unpleasant? Most of the game is shown from the Center Field camera.
    It's unpleasant because you are watching from the CF camera, then the ball gets hit, and the extreme angle is put up. Kinda like watching an aerial shot.

Quote Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
    Not once the ball is put in play...
    I wasnt aware the Nationals went to the Behind HP camera when balls are in play. Normally they show a 3B or 1B camera zoomed in on the action. Most of the fault for the Nationals Press Box view being so bad is because the press box is practically sitting above the upper deck canopy!

It's just below it, but it's insane how high up it is.

Last edited by RichardK; 04-02-2009 at 11:48 AM.

Anyone who has YES...

Fatcessa must be looking at views from the the RF Reserved on his computer during the breaK. He's on Mets.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyNYC View Post
    Anyone who has YES...

Fatcessa must be looking at views from the the RF Reserved on his computer during the breaK. He's on Mets.com
    I would rather count the number of stitches in my shirt then watch that bozo...

If anyone is interested, there is a 21-part pictorial series of Citi Field, with photos from last Sunday's game. Lots of photos, some of them a bit unusual. The pulled pork sandwich looks pretty good.

http://www.metstoday.com/mets-opinio...ld-first-look/
    Joe Janish
    Podcast Host, Baseball Pitching: The Fix
    Founder, FixingPitchers.com

Something else to look at - This is now up on the NYTimes website - I nice 360 view from the field in front of the Mets dugout and on the Excelsior level adjacent to the press box

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ets-panos.html
    http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
    Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
    http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

Quote Originally Posted by RichardK View Post
    I wasnt aware the Nationals went to the Behind HP camera when balls are in play. Normally they show a 3B or 1B camera zoomed in on the action.
    EVERY telecast uses the high home plate camera once the ball is hit. It's been S.O.P. since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by islandxtreme26 View Post
    Something else to look at - This is now up on the NYTimes website - I nice 360 view from the field in front of the Mets dugout and on the Excelsior level adjacent to the press box

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ets-panos.html
    Sweet! Notice the "total station" set up over home plate. Wonder if they were using it to check the wall distances before adding them.

Quote Originally Posted by islandxtreme26 View Post
    Indeed...that was more of course because of the brick backstop, not as much the angle.
    I had to take a pic of how it looked on one of the TVs at the game, since obviously some of us were too busy to watch the live feed that day as we were going on a $5 tour of some ballpark. Looking closer at it now, that backstop grass looks nonexistent and the warning track looks immense - even though that is just the angle giving that perception

I always hated seeing stadiums with a walkway right behind the batter. Distracting. I hope it's not nutty back there in Citi or NYS
    Twenty Seven

Quote Originally Posted by CarterShea View Post
    Great, thanks!

On a side note, does anyone know if the config of Citi Field will change the TV camera positions? I read the other day the Yankees might have an awful behind homeplate camera view like the Nationals have...

I hope this is not the case for the Mets. That Nationals view is hideous and does not making the TV viewing pleasurable.
    I read in Newsday that the Mets will have no problems with camera angles, but the Yankees' view behind the plate view can only be shot through the backstop screen, and will thus be somewhat obstructed.

With all the discussions about "obstructed views", in the end, aren't the most important views the ones that the TV cameras have to broadcast all 81+ home games? Looks like Citi Field will be the winner on this one.

Mets Fan Since 1962

The Flickr gallery from the contractor setting up camera positions specifically identifies this view as High Home Camera View.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3669438...84227/sizes/o/

The view will not be as bad as Washington - That camera is on the top press level - this camera position is on the riser in front of the pressbox

http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
    Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
    http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Biggest thing you guys need to know right now, I think, is that there is no way to get around the left field restaurant on the Excelsior level without going up or down to another level. The Field Level escalator behind section 139 is useless unless your seats are in Excelsior sections 334-339, or if you want to take pictures from the left field end of the Excelsior level.

Also, you now scan your own tickets. There's a "ticket taker" to make sure you scan it correctly, but it's all DIY. (How far we've come from the days when I, at least, would repeatedly fold my ticket along the perfs before going to the turnstile so that I'd have a neatly torn stub.)

Still need a few more years of visits to the place to become as familiar with it as I was with Shea. These places take time to learn.
    This past Sunday, I saw elevator operator operators with cheat sheets. They would answer questions from the cheat sheets. I guess it helped them if someone asked to go somewhere like a shop or restaurant.

Great find Chris, I wish there were more of those! It's like Google Street View.

Ohh and Pelfrey getting knocked around today

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Vernon View Post
    Curious which section this is from, I'm going to my first game this year in 107 (Yes, I splurged lol) and I'd like to see how close that shot is to what my actual view will be?
    Last edited by AdropOFvenom; 04-02-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LIFAN12 View Post
    \
    With all the discussions about "obstructed views", in the end, aren't the most important views the ones that the TV cameras have to broadcast all 81+ home games? Looks like Citi Field will be the winner on this one.

It looks like plays at 1st base might have the top of the screen in the way according to the flicker shot.

Quote Originally Posted by WillMissShea View Post
    The walls and numbers do look amazing. I love it. Black & Orange are a great color combination. It has an almost "Halloween-ish" feel to it! It is also a nice "Homage" to the NY Giants. Which we all agree has been missing from the park.
    Funny how everyones loves the black and orange wall theme yet most HATE the Black and orange Jersey.. I like the Black and orange jersey and am on the fence about the black and orange walls. Well i guess its safe to say the Black and orange uniform aint going anywhere for a while..

Still like the Mets white and Blue as its main colors and would love that around the park as well but the Halloween-ish black and orange is growing on me a bit...

New ad's today guys!! check them out its a Chevy ad and free credit report.com ad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by trucky941 View Post
    New ad's today guys!! check them out its a Chevy ad and free credit report.com ad.
    Is that King Kong's head?
    New York Yankees
    New York Rangers
    New York Giants

Quote Originally Posted by trucky941 View Post
    Yes! Matlock strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripes View Post
    Is that King Kong's head?
    LOL! Thats what I thought. I think its a Camaro.

Page 562 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 6246251255256056156256356457261266210621562 ... LastLast