X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yankees12
    NYS: Home of Champions
    • Dec 2007

I just got back - it was absolutely beautiful. Completely did not disappoint. I was pretty blown away by the entire ballpark.

I'll post some more in-depth thoughts later. I have some criticisms, some observations, and certainly praise for this ballpark. But I do want to say this - the Mets did an amazing job with this new park. If my team wasn't getting a new stadium too, I'd be jealous of you guys.

Comment

• EM0909153
      Promenade Box 428, Row 2
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by metsforever7515 View Post

Opposite, I really wanted to be in this picture. Ugh, next time I will be there. Now, who's gonna be at the first Boston game?
      Guess it's time for another meetup, maybe we should try before the game on Friday or opening night for those who are going.
      Any baseball-fever people looking for Mets tickets for single dates or a small package for face value for next year, as I will not be able to make all 81 games, send me a PM and we can work something out.

Comment

• metsforever7515
        Split STH Prom 516 Row 1
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by EM0909153 View Post
        Guess it's time for another meetup, maybe we should try before the game on Friday or opening night for those who are going.
        Before Friday would work great for me. Rotunda?
        "You're killin' me Smalls!"

Comment

• CFmets09
          • Feb 2009

QUOTE=Yankees12;1475744]I just got back - it was absolutely beautiful. Completely did not disappoint. I was pretty blown away by the entire ballpark.

I'll post some more in-depth thoughts later. I have some criticisms, some observations, and certainly praise for this ballpark. But I do want to say this - the Mets did an amazing job with this new park. If my team wasn't getting a new stadium too, I'd be jealous of you guys. [/QUOTE]

just quoting to make sure rob r reads this post

Comment

• kingcohn
            Thread Policeman.. I Kidd
            • May 2008

BASEBALL-FEVERS MOST DEVOTED FANS: (MINUS DAN OF COURSE)

Last edited by kingcohn; 03-29-2009, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Confused
              • Feb 2009

i actually walk passed dishy, she was rolling through some doors. i was going to ask "dishy?" but chickened out.

ha ha

Comment

• CFmets09
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kingcohn92 View Post
                you forgot to label foulpoles daughter, foul line

Comment

• rjg7872
                  Pepsi Porch, Row 1
                  • Jan 2009

Great day! Great Stadium!

Funny story... I was in the team shop with a friend who was purchasing batteries for his camera. Two AA batteries rang up as 45¢. They would sell it to him at that price. Made us go to customer service. I guess thats why we have dry runs.

Comment

• metsforever7515
                    Split STH Prom 516 Row 1
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by CFmets09 View Post
                    you forgot to label foulpoles daughter, foul line
                    Hahahahaha, that's great!

Comment

• Dishy24
                      Prom Club 416
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Rob R View Post
                      Best photo yet! We get to see the faces behind the posts.

Oh, and Dishy? You're beautiful! Hope you're feeling better.

Darra Torres? 1st time I've ever heard that! haha!

let me just add-- the people behind the names are wonderful-- I was stuck at the top of the JRR-- the elevator down was not working-- after my son & I went searching for another & found a service elevator & rode on that-- (ended up in a room full of Sharp Aquos TV's!) -- no idea where we were! I get back to the top of the JRR & yell down "I can't get down"-- Well-- the guys all run up to carry me down in my WC! Not wanting that --I hopped out & hopped down the staircase (with a little help) as they carried my WC behind me-- They waited for me before they would take a picture-- NICEST GUYS EVER-- Thank you!! Today was awesome! Oh, & Citi Field is amazing! I am so excited for Friday!!! When are we meeting up???

Comment

• Confused
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by rjg7872 View Post
                        Great day! Great Stadium!

Funny story... I was in the team shop with a friend who was purchasing batteries for his camera. Two AA batteries rang up as 45¢. They would sell it to him at that price. Made us go to customer service. I guess thats why we have dry runs.
                        whats with asking for id when buying with a cc?

when the guy asked for mine, i told him look at the card since it had my pic on it.

Comment

• keyman
                          • Jan 2009

Just Home-

First Impressions

Got in at around noon - No problem parking - entered lots from roosevelt ave, no wait easy parking (only $5 today) Had to walk across the ruins of shea , approx from between old gate B and A. Not paved in this section, just gravel / chrushed shea. I got to stand in the approximate spot of endys catch.

Entered thru the LF gate (line at JRR was nuts), first surprise was scan your own ticket! and all the employees outside with a smile on their face and a "welcome to citi field"

Walked the field level, nice wide concourse, seemeded a little dark. good views all around lotsa good places to stand and watch the game (except behind home plate).
                          The sterling club seats have a seperate fence around them to keep us "commoners" out.

Bridge seating area is very cool.

Our seats were in caesars 332, right next to acela club. These are very nice seats (wish I was sitting there for more games). The caesaers club is very nice. This whole level is for ticket holders only. A rep I spoke to today said they decided at the last minute to let everyone in today. This will not be the case on friday. The bathrooms on this level are much nicer than prom level.
                          There are also two bars on this level that are not in the club - pretty cool.
                          Again great places to stand and watch the games. In the future, I think this is where I want to buy tickets.

Checked out porch area, again very cool , and a view we never had at shea. I seems like this area may also be for ticket holders only (can't confirm)

Prom level - Checked out my plan seats in 531 - they are Ok, and for what I paid I really can't complain. The prom bathrooms are no where near as nice as ceasers. The prom club was kinda underwhelming. Windows to the field yes, but I couldn't see anything from home plate to second base. Not a very big club once you've been in the caesars.

I managed to also get a 'pepsi launch t-shirt' I was excited until I unrolled it and found out it was a "Shea Stadium" left over !

All in all a good first experience - I look foward to many games at 'new' Shea

Comment

• Rob R
                            Enter Sandman
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by CFmets09 View Post

just quoting to make sure rob r reads this post
                            And I hope that all of us walk away with that feeling.

If you disregard my posts in Cit v NYS (which is mostly done tongue-in-cheek), you'll see that I have praise and criticism, for both Citi and NYS. I'll say it again, Citi is an attractive park, and I can't wait for the day the chop shops, which are eyesores, are no longer.

I was just speaking of today's photos and prefaced it by saying the weather and sparse crowd may have something to do with it.
                            Last edited by Rob R; 03-29-2009, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• metsforever7515
                              Split STH Prom 516 Row 1
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Dishy24 View Post
                              Darra Torres? 1st time I've ever heard that! haha!

let me just add-- the people behind the names are wonderful-- I was stuck at the top of the JRR-- the elevator down was not working-- after my son & I went searching for another & found a service elevator & rode on that-- (ended up in a room full of Sharp Aquos TV's!) -- no idea where we were! I get back to the top of the JRR & yell down "I can't get down"-- Well-- the guys all run up to carry me down in my WC! Not wanting that --I hopped out & hopped down the staircase (with a little help) as they carried my WC behind me-- They waited for me before they would take a picture-- NICEST GUYS EVER-- Thank you!! Today was awesome! Oh, & Citi Field is amazing! I am so excited for Friday!!! When are we meeting up???
                              Hour before gametime in the Rotunda? I really want to meet all of you.

Comment

• Oct251986
                                • Sep 2008

I'm in for meeting at the Rotunda on Friday.
                                Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...6078886&ref=ts

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X