Page 667 of 1748 FirstFirst ... 16756761765766566666766866967771776711671667 ... LastLast
Results 16,651 to 16,675 of 43694

Thread: Citi Field

Saturday just ended up having a Corn Dog and some Beer Battered Onion Rings... Both were very good...

The gf ended up getting the NAchos Grande... Very good pico de gallo... Fresh cheese sauce.

Got there too late but was pining for a Double Shack burger.

Quote Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
    Meet the Mets
    Meet the Mets
    Step right up and
    Greet the Mets
    Pulled Pork, Burgers
    Watch the team Play
    Citifield is the place where you'll say
    That the Mets are really sockin that ball
    Hitting those home runs
    Over the wall
    East side West side
    Everybody's coming down
    To meet the M-E-T-S Mets
    Of New York Town
    Of Neeeeeew Yoooork Town
    LETS GO METS!
    Nice job Lorwood. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    One important thing you forgot to mention - it's in the Holiday Inn hotel. I don't think there are any exterior signs referring to the Pine, so anyone going down 114th looking for "The Pine" may get confused if they don't see any signs.

Another important thing about The Pine that wasn't listed as either a PRO or a CON - how are their prices?
    Good point about the Holiday Inn, you'd miss it otherwise.

Prices are excellent for what it is. You may end up paying the same or less for your dinner but you get way more and way better food. You actually have to be careful not to order too much because a lot of portions are too big to finish and you don't want to take a doggie bag into the game.

I never knew of this place until the last half of last year. Someone from another excellent board turned us onto it. What I like the most is being able to have a bottle of wine with a real dinner at a comfortable table. What we didn't like is that there are too many things on the menu that you have to try and feel guilty about later. Fudbutter's tip is to order the stuffed pork chops and split it with someone.

I'm also told that there are some good ethnic places to eat further down Roosevelt but to date we haven't found them

Again, the best part is to not miss the game you paid so much to see. We can see the food court crowds from our seats. On Saturday, we couldn't believe how many people were missing those last innings in such a close game

Quote Originally Posted by metfan13 View Post
    How about a new tradition - Go to the park and watch the game and stop worrying about all the nitpicky stuff?

You know, they ARE still playing 9 innings out there.
    I know what you are saying, but this is not nitpicky stuff. This strikes to the heart of the issue that the Wilpons love the Dodgers and don't give a **** about the history and traditions of the team they own.

They've never have. The HOF in the Diamond Club lobby was a freaking joke. Friends of mine would call it a closet!

Maybe it does come off a spoiled, but go to Turner Field, and in a small corner of it, off of I think the third base/right field side IIRC there is a great Braves muesuem and HOF which chronicles the history of the franchise from Boston, to Milwuakee to Atlanta.

The Cards and Reds have great history of the franchise set up in their parks as well, and I don't have to bring up Monument Park and the new Yankee mueseum.

Look, no one is saying honor Bruce Boisclair, Benny Ayala, Tim Bogar, John Hudek, Skip Lockwood, but something in the interior that honors the great players and great moments in franchise history.

It gets even more exasperated when they shoehorn...God, HOW MANY retail shops? Alyssa Millano's store? A VERIZON STORE? And they can't find the space for the 1969, and 1986 World Series trophies and HOF displays?

The Wilpons are shortsighted and would love to do nothing more than white wash the history of the franchise they own.

Read the Gary Cohen interview at the end of the Faith And Fear In Flushing book. Cohen theorizes that the reason no Met has been inducted since Agee in 2002 was because the Wilpons don't know what to do with Dwight Gooden and Darryl Strawberry.

My God, Mickey Mantle by his own admission was a drunken womanizer who died because his past finally caught up with him and his liver, and the Yankees deemed him worthy of the 4th monument after his passing.

Hell, I'm sure the allegations in the new Roger Clemens book has probably put 31 and Piazza's enshrinement in the Mets Hall on indefinite hold!

The Wilpons are afraid of criticism, and are afraid of embraceing the past of the franchise they own. Bottom line. Fred would rather look through rose tinted glasses at the last great New York City NL dynasty (such as it was) as the way they appear to have been portrayed by those who opine about them, as if it was a more naive or innocent times. Pure BS of course, but that is Fred Wilpon for you in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by metfan61 View Post
    My guess is that it's pretty dark under there and when they go out onto the field, it's harder to adjust to the brite lights.

I hate to say it but I think the seating area with the tables over the visitors dugout is gone, if not this year then next.

Attachment 68271
    Whatever the reason for the tarps and such,
    it must be a major embarrassment for management
    since no one has given an official reason for the "cover up".

Prior to the season opener, the bullpens were heralded
    as a unique opportunity for fans to see the relievers warming up up close.
    Now, they might as well be in a tent.

Don't agree that the seating area above will be eliminated
    but I do think that next year, both teams will be side by side
    with the bullpen catchers being the ones visible from the stands.

One thing is for sure, the broadcast angle of the visiting bullpen is terrible.
    The shots all look like spy imagery of inmates in a prison.
    Something's up that they couldn't get a robot camera set up inside that part of the bullpen.

[QUOTE=NYM Baseball;1499646]
    Quote Originally Posted by supremebeing002 View Post
    Yes wound up selling a little under face right under the wire yesterday. Very challanging homestand. I think the secondary market community treated these games like "value" games but unfortunatly the Mets sold them as "Gold" so that made it a bit difficult to get face. QUOTE]

I don't know about this statement. If the secondary market were selling gold games at value prices, whats the market going to do when their are value games (or silver or bronze)? And this was opening week which is also a little troubling to see how low the prices went for the games this past homestand. I understand it's only April, but opening week at a brand new stadium with less seats. I was not expecting to see the prices so low. I guess we will have to wait and see.
    Yes. In general I too was surprised by the low prices overall. This is the first year I'm doing this so others on here know better then me. You are right though. We will know in time.

Quote Originally Posted by metfan13 View Post
    How about a new tradition - Go to the park and watch the game and stop worrying about all the nitpicky stuff?

You know, they ARE still playing 9 innings out there.
    I like this idea.
    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    I have another idea, how about people give fans at least 1 year to complain and get adjusted to their new home. After that, then they can bitch about the nitpicking by other fans.
    Agreed. 1 Year to get out all the kinks, hear the fans complaints and make the right fixes.

With homestand #1 over, the value of my 2 seats through 6 regular season and 2 exhibition games is $400.00... Thus far, through StubHub and co-worker sales of tix, I've made back $240.00 (attended 2 games thus far)...

Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    They also serve salads in the Promenade Club if you can get in there.
    I got in there easily yesterday. There was hardly anyone in it. Was a little surprised at how small the area was though. But at least there were bars. Great to hang out during a blowout game or rain delay. I could imagine it would be packed then. They had carver deli style sandwiches but damn, $9??

Quote Originally Posted by KoosFan View Post

Something's up that they couldn't get a robot camera set up inside that part of the bullpen.
    I think they modelled the visitors BP after Gitmo - or the chop shops across the street - did you see the new razor wire installation sponsored by Gillette?
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    Doc's been busy at Citi

At first with the Ebbets Club I thought, hey it's Doc Gooden... may not be the classiest thing he's done, but no harm, right? Now it looks like he's just a graffiti punk. C'mon Doc.

You're not kidding. That broadcast angle is the worst in baseball. It's funny because Gary Cohen always takes shots at GABP because they have ads covering the bullpens in Cincy. This is worse.

Of course they want to erase it. Doc never pitched at Ebbets Field. I wonder what they would have done if Koufax had signed the wall?
    Quote Originally Posted by dpcv8 View Post
    Idiotic shortsighted Mets mangement strikes again...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04202009...uto_165321.htm

Quote Originally Posted by tomzpc View Post
    Regarding the bullpen, why would the Padre relievers complain anyway? They're already under cover. I'm guessing that it was the Mets relievers who asked for the cover.

BTW..enysteez sat right behind me at the game yesterday. Real nice guy with a beautiful family. Nice meetin ya bud.
    Thanks Tom. And likewise. It was nice to meet you and your fam. Your wife was a godsend with those wipes to save the cotton candy massacre that my boy created lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dpcv8 View Post
    Idiotic shortsighted Mets mangement strikes again...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04202009...uto_165321.htm

This is just indicative of the fact that even former players feel something is missing within CF.

I doubt that, if Doc had been shown a properly displayed picture of himself or his '86 teammates within CF,
    he would have still felt the need to spontaneously start an autograph wall.

Despite the mantra from the zealots that "nobody cares",
    a well planned Mets Hall Of Fame Museum would have nipped this stuff in the bud.

The players definitely care as do many fans.
    Unfortunately not all fans, as there seems to be plenty "shut up, sit downs"
    on this thread whenever the subject of a museum is brought up.

These fans seem to care more about the ingredients of a dipping sauce for their fried potatoes
    than they do about honoring their team's heritage.

Keep signing Doc, until they do you and the rest of the men and women
    that made this team unique in the history of baseball, right.

I was at the game yesterday. My seats are in the first row of the Pepsi Porch closest to center field. During BP Prince Fielder launched a shot that cleared the bridge did a one hop by the bullpen entrance and bounced out into the chop shops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wierd thin regarding the food vendors inconsistency. We noticed that the vendors walking around were keeping the bottle tops of the pepsi and aquafina they were selling. But when we got a water at a concession stand they gave it to us unopened with the top. Im not sure if this means the policy is changed or not. On Opening Day I got a pepsi and the vendor gave it to me sealed as well.

This is just indicative of the fact that even former players feel something is missing within CF.

I doubt that, if Doc had been shown a properly displayed picture of himself or his '86 teammates within CF,
    he would have still felt the need to spontaneously start an autograph wall.
    Do you REALLY think Gooden has either walked around the whole stadium and/or is aware that there isn't enough Mets stuff there???

Do you REALLY think that signing a wall that not that many people will ever see was the answer?

It would be downright insulting if they expanded upon that wall where it is.....in a club that only 5% of the fans can even access. If they're going to do a tribute like that, it needs to be organized in a part of the stadium that the average fan can get to and appreciate.

As for this not enough "Mets" talk, You walk up to a stadium with Mets Banners all around the outside of the stadium, with Iconic Silhouettes of Endy's catch and Swoboda's catch, through Iron Clad Gates with Mets Logos all over them, and inside is a ballpark with Mets behind Home Plate, on top of the dugouts, Orange foul poles, with two Home Run Apples, the Skyline from Shea (Still functional) sitting there on display.....with countless other small touches......and the Mets have confirmed that there's an interactive museum honoring their history still in the works.

Anybody who says the Mets didn't honor their history doesn't know what they are talking about, in my opinion. I think people want the Mets to go completely over the top like the Yankees do about everything, but that's not who we (or anybody else outside of the Yankees circle-jerk) are.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudbutter View Post
    The Pine is on 114th St (you can see it past the rubble pile formerly known as Shea). Walk down Roosevelt and take a right on 114th and you are there. It's a short walk.

PRO:

- Food is better quality than you get at the ballpark
    - You get way more food
    - Choices are much much better
    - Alcohol such as drinks and wine are available ($9.50 for a sip of crao wine at CF is ridiculous)
    - Beer is less expensive
    - Seating is comfortable rather than standing at the green tables
    - You will have eaten so much that you will not need to get up during teh game and miss something important or historical (which should be the ballpark goal of any real baseball fan)
    - There are healthier choices for those who need it

CON:

- You have to eat earlier
    - You have to get to the game earlier (which is also a pro since parking ios easier)

What I'm surpised about on this board is that you folk seem to go to the ballpark way more than those on other boards I visit. CF food several times a week has got to eat heavily into one's budget. When we had FST, we all brought in food every game (and fed our ushers, guards, etc). Sometimes, we took turns bringing in for everyone (italian hero's and other sandwhiches, take out Chinese, KFC, Arby's, etc). The fun part was stopping on Northern Blvd and ordering 150 cheeseburgers at White Castle. Of course, then Casey's 37 was or best choice so maybe it was necessity.
    Does the Holiday Inn have it's own parking lot? Just wondering if it's possible to park over there, eat at the Pine, and then just leave the car and walk back and forth to the game.

Do you generally need reservations for the Pine if the goal is to eat between 5:30-6 for a night game?

Mark it down...Mike Francessa on WFAN at 1:07pm on Monday, April 20, 2009:

"The bigger problem in my estimation, is YANKEE STADIUM."

"Lonn Trost and them may have had good intentions with the dimensions, but the place is a freak show. The place cannot stand like this."

And no, the significance of the date did not play tricks with my ears...however, Mr. Mike may have been partaking in extra-curricular activities, given the words that spilled from his mouth. Hey, at least it was honest.
    Last edited by islandxtreme26; 04-20-2009 at 11:12 AM.
    http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
    Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
    http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

Quote Originally Posted by enysteez View Post
    Thanks Tom. And likewise. It was nice to meet you and your fam. Your wife was a godsend with those wipes to save the cotton candy massacre that my boy created lol.
    Yeah, good thing I had her along! I never think to bring stuff like that. They came in handy after I ate the Blue Smoke ribs. They give you one little wetnap but it wasn't enough the way that I devoured those BBQ bones!

Afternoon Fish Game

I have two extra Prom Club seats for the Wednesday 4/29 game versus Florida in 414. Great seats I sat here for opening day, but don't know more than one other person who can go with me midweek. if anyone has interest in the other two, PM me. Face is $36, was looking to sell for $50 total - and the money will go to an animal adoption charity (I was given these tickets thru a longtime contact). You can even write me a check made out to the charity's name rather than giving me cash.

PM me with interest.

Oh, barring rain, I think Johan throws that game
    FORMERLY Section 522 Row 2; Mezz Reserved Row E

Quote Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
    I was at the game yesterday. My seats are in the first row of the Pepsi Porch closest to center field. During BP Prince Fielder launched a shot that cleared the bridge did a one hop by the bullpen entrance and bounced out into the chop shops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's awesome.

Page 667 of 1748 FirstFirst ... 16756761765766566666766866967771776711671667 ... LastLast