Page 667 of 2255 FirstFirst ... 16756761765766566666766866967771776711671667 ... LastLast
Results 13,321 to 13,340 of 45081

Thread: Citi Field

Quote Originally Posted by metfan61 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the Promenade Club view was not very well thought out? I was in there Friday and I think it's pretty cool except for the view of the field through the windows. I understand the we should have adequate handicapped seating but it seems that the view is blocked. The only area that has a decant view is where the seats come all the way up to the walk.

I noticed that most handicapped areas were not being used by wheelchairs and people were just hanging out there. I wonder if they have to have a certain amount of access for a period of time, then if their not used they can remove some. Some of them are temporary at Citi as well as NYS.

No disrespect to anyone in a wheelchair, just wondering what the deal is.
    I had mentioned the temp seats a while back.
    I did find out that 1% of seats in each category must be accesible.

Last edited by tomzpc; 04-08-2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by dimswits View Post
    Your segments are much too long. The back of home plate is formed by the intersection of the baselines, and the baselines themselves are adjacent to the fair territory grass and seperated from foul territory grass by the dirt paths. It's 60.5 feet from the rubber to the front edge of the plate. Taking this into account, your first segment ends well behind home plate and is much longer than 60.5 feet. With each additional segment you are compounding the error.
    Ok heres my second attempt, instead of using the 60.5 feet I'm using the center of home plate to second base which is defined as being 127 feet and 3 inches (see image).

I used three of the 127 feet 3 inches and one 60.5 to almost reach the wall.

Heres what I got:

One 'C' measurement
    127 feet x 12 inches = 1524 inches + 3 inches = 1527 inches

Three 'C' measurements (see image)
    1527 x 3 = 4581 inches

One 'A' measurement (see image)
    60 feet x 12 inches = 720 inches + 6 inches = 726 inches

Three 'C' + one 'A'
    4581 + 726 = 5307 inches total

Fuzzy Math
    5307 inches / 12 inches = 442.25 feet

If you can do better, be my guest

Last edited by RichardK; 04-08-2009 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I didn't buy any prepaid parking with my season tickets because I take the 7 train to all the games. But if I wanted prepaid parking in the STH lot would I have the option of buying it for specific games?
    Pre-Paid Parking is all or none. (At least it has been as long as I can remember.) You can't cherry pick which games you want Pre-Paid parking for....

Check your ticket booklet. It should talk about pre-paid parking availability.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Quote Originally Posted by keyman View Post
    I had mentioned the temp seats a while back.
    I did find out that 1% of seats in each category must be accesible.
    That makes it around 420, how many do you think we have now and how long do they have to stay (if they go un-used)?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardK View Post
    I get about 345.5 feet.--to RF--
    Quote Originally Posted by dimswits View Post
    Your segments are much too long. The back of home plate is formed by the intersection of the baselines, and the baselines themselves are adjacent to the fair territory grass and seperated from foul territory grass by the dirt paths. It's 60.5 feet from the rubber to the front edge of the plate. Taking this into account, your first segment ends well behind home plate and is much longer than 60.5 feet. With each additional segment you are compounding the error.
    I do not believe that measuring the photo is reliable.
    If dimwits is correct, and I agree with dimwits that it looks to long. Then the measurements would be even longer. I do not think there is anything in it for the Mets to not accurately place the measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    Does any one know if you can park in the Hall of Science lot during the day (I'm a member, so it's free) and pick your car up at night after a game. Or in the afternoon if it is a day game.
    I am sure they will use that lot for overflow parking. Therefore, you should be able to pick up your ride after a game.

It's a short walk to 111th St #7 station, but a LONG walk after a game...
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Wait a second are you telling me that they officially changed the grass around the apple to black turf??? i thought the crappy fake grass around the apple was just wet. Its such an eye sore i know over the past few months we have complained about a lot of stuff about this place, and everything out turned out ok. But this black stuff around the apple just looks terrible. Are you sure its just not wet? How could the mets make this kinda mistake

Quote Originally Posted by JLG View Post
    If dimwits is correct, and I agree with dimwits that it looks to long. Then the measurements would be even longer. I do not think there is anything in it for the Mets to not accurately place the measurements.
    From experience (I'm a surveyor btw) I can tell you that scaling measurements from a single aerial photograph will typically yield VERY innacurate results.

Quote Originally Posted by JoseJoseJose7 View Post
    Wait a second are you telling me that they officially changed the grass around the apple to black turf??? i thought the crappy fake grass around the apple was just wet. Its such an eye sore i know over the past few months we have complained about a lot of stuff about this place, and everything out turned out ok. But this black stuff around the apple just looks terrible. Are you sure its just not wet? How could the mets make this kinda mistake
    From what I understand they painted the green grass black.

Quote Originally Posted by JoseJoseJose7 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they just painted it and I'm guessing that it was more for the batter's eye than it was for aesthetics. Hopefully one day they'll replace it with some live greenery.

Attendance and new parks

I eyeballed how new venues affects attendance. Looked at most of the new ballparks in the last 20 years. Generally it is up 20% to 40%. Here are three

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...G/attend.shtml

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/padratte.shtml

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/philattn.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by tomzpc View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they just painted it and I'm guessing that it was more for the batter's eye than it was for aesthetics. Hopefully one day they'll replace it with some live greenery.
    They painted it. There was a picture up here with workers painting it. I believe it was posted on Thursday or Friday.
    http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
    Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
    http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

I remember seeing some pictures where the green was showing. It was definitely a paint job

Quote Originally Posted by offthewall View Post
    I eyeballed how new venues affects attendance. Looked at most of the new ballparks in the last 20 years. Generally it is up 20% to 40%. Here are three

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...G/attend.shtml

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/padratte.shtml

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/philattn.shtml
    The economy changes things however, in conjunction with the overpriced lower tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardK View Post
    In this picture you can see the green showing through, just behind the apple.
    Last edited by JLG; 04-08-2009 at 01:45 PM.

From experience (I'm a surveyor btw) I can tell you that scaling measurements from a single aerial photograph will typically yield VERY innacurate results.
    I agree that aerial images would be off, most aerial images are taken from an aircraft flying around 40,000+ feet with a viewing angle for most of the image that is not directly overhead. Tom wasnt flying his chopper at 40,000 feet and he appeared to be directly overhead the center of the playing surface. How much the calculations are off is proportional to the angle of the image, and it appears to be directly overhead.

So while I agree the calculations will be off, I do not think they will be as innacurate as you think. The discrepancy of 34.25 feet is a very large distance, if the 408 measurement is correct and that discrepancy was attributed to the angle of the image, the image would not appear to be taken directly overhead, but at a noticable tilt which in my opinion, I am not seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by JLG
    They are not too long, see the image I included which shows Pro Baseball Field Dimensions.

As for Major League teams lying about the OF distances, see the Boston Redsox

Though I could be wrong, this has sturred up some much needed On Topic friendly debates and gives me something to do until 7:00 PM
    Last edited by RichardK; 04-08-2009 at 01:57 PM.

The economy changes things however, in conjunction with the overpriced lower tiers.
    Agreed... As posted above thread, it is incredible that oin Stubhub, there are games in the SD series Baseline Box avaialble for $45 to $60... Incredible...

There's NO WAY they keep that mess past this season if not this month. The way that looks, it was done with haste and something should be on the way to replace it.

Page 667 of 2255 FirstFirst ... 16756761765766566666766866967771776711671667 ... LastLast