Page 4 of 813 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankee Stadium [II]

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-E View Post
    Nobody was getting screwed over until this week. So don't give me that "You only care about yourself" bull.
    Keep on whinen', WALL-E.

"Nobody was getting screwed until they screwed me!"

Quote Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
    Keep on whinen', WALL-E.

"Nobody was getting screwed until they screwed me!"
    Ha. Great response. "Stop Whining".

Why shouldn't I be upset? Like you said, I defended the stadium's construction vehemently and look forward to it (still do in one sense). Promises were made to everyone about the seats and relocation, and up until last week, I didn't think many would be getting screwed over.

I still don't. Grandstand relocation won't be all that bad, and neither will field level or terrace level. However, I'm one of the few people that will be getting screwed over (along those two sections of the bleachers) with my partial field level plan. So of course i'm not going to be upset until they screw me over, but no one else got screwed before this week as well.

So what's your point?

I didn't say "stop whining," WALL-E. Go read my post again.

I enjoy hearing you whine.

I got locked out of my online survey(forget the new password) and I called the stadium yesterday and they told me there was a bit of a problem with it and just to wait for the package in the mail.

By the way, it does suck about the limited seating areas for the partial plans, but you have to figure it will eventually open up, perhaps in another year or two when the new stadium buzz goes down. (I know that's wishful thinking!)

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-E View Post
    Ha. Great response. "Stop Whining".

Why shouldn't I be upset? Like you said, I defended the stadium's construction vehemently and look forward to it (still do in one sense). Promises were made to everyone about the seats and relocation, and up until last week, I didn't think many would be getting screwed over.

I still don't. Grandstand relocation won't be all that bad, and neither will field level or terrace level. However, I'm one of the few people that will be getting screwed over (along those two sections of the bleachers) with my partial field level plan. So of course i'm not going to be upset until they screw me over, but no one else got screwed before this week as well.

So what's your point?

I think that the point is that you should have seen that with a new Stadium that caters to the wealthly, there was a pretty darn good chance that you were going to get screwed over.

I've had a D plan in U1 for 12 years. When they first announced the new stadium plans, me and all of the guys around me agreed that we were going to be screwed - it was just a matter of how much.

Bye-bye great seats behind home plate, bye-bye automatic playoff tickets, bye-bye access to most of the Stadium, bye-bye "reasonable" access to a Club/Pub. And bye-bye all of the history.

But we all saw it coming. None of us wanted a new stadium because most of the ammenities that it would have we could never afford.

Don't worry. In 4 years when they are at the bottom of the division again, they will be selling 2-fers just like broadway ...........

Not that I want them to be, it's just they way things work. Unfortunately, the only thing I see us enjoying the next 8 years is A-Rod's path to history.

This place is so positive! YAY!

Ok here's the deal on relocation from the relocation guide that I FINALLY got in the mail today:

Season Ticket Holders and "A"-plan holders are going to automatically be assigned season tickets in the new Yankee Stadium in a location that's most similar to their current location. The holders either choose to accept or decline. If you decline you get put in the season ticket pool

"B"-plan (46 games) holders are going to automatically be assigned the 41-game plan in the next best sections available and closest to your survey preferences after all the season ticket plans. The holders either choose to accept or decline. If you decline you get put in the 41-game pool.

All other plan holders are going to automatically be assigned to a similar plan in the next best sections available after everyone else. The holders either choose to accept or decline. If you decline you get put in the partial plans pool

You can also choose to be placed in a pool by requesting a downgrade or upgrade. Each pool will give the best seats according to your survey to licensees based on seniority.

That's about it

What is not clear, is if I currently have a B plan, but now want to upgrade to a full season.(and indicated this on the survey), will I know what my full season seat assignment will be prior to having to decide if I want my 41 game package?

Quote Originally Posted by RichWNJ View Post
    What is not clear, is if I currently have a B plan, but now want to upgrade to a full season.(and indicated this on the survey), will I know what my full season seat assignment will be prior to having to decide if I want my 41 game package?
    If you had only two seats in a B-plan, you probably won't have any priority to get full season tickets. You can be put in the pool on your request, but even if you have enough seniority, according to page 34 question 11, you can only request the same number of seats according to the formula.

So your 2 tickets for 46 games equals 92 seats, which is 1.13 full season seats and you would only qualify for 1 season ticket.

I assume you won't be the only one in this situation. My guess is after everyone has been reassigned they'll offer another round of upgrades to partials

Actually, in my case, I have multiple plans in different spots, totally 1 full season (about 4.13 weighted season tickets), so I should be able to get 4 tickets for a full season. It will be interesting to see if I get a call about the full season upgrade location before I have to accept/reject my "partial" plan locations

Quote Originally Posted by RichWNJ View Post
    Actually, in my case, I have multiple plans in different spots, totally 1 full season (about 4.13 weighted season tickets), so I should be able to get 4 tickets for a full season. It will be interesting to see if I get a call about the full season upgrade location before I have to accept/reject my "partial" plan locations
    Again, from what I read you can only accept or decline a 41-game plan. If you decline, then your upgrade request gets put in the pool based on your survey. When your turn comes up by seniority, then your qualifying number of seats is used to determine what you're eligible for.

Also, my guess is the Yankees won't be calling a single person, I bet they'll just be sending emails and/or letters

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Again, from what I read you can only accept or decline a 41-game plan. If you decline, then your upgrade request gets put in the pool based on your survey. When your turn comes up by seniority, then your qualifying number of seats is used to determine what you're eligible for.

Also, my guess is the Yankees won't be calling a single person, I bet they'll just be sending emails and/or letters
    So - if we are not upgrading plans or anything like that - does it make ANY sense to decline a seat selection and hope to get something better?

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyL View Post
    So - if we are not upgrading plans or anything like that - does it make ANY sense to decline a seat selection and hope to get something better?
    It probably does if you've had a plan since 1923. Otherwise if you're a 2008 guy I'd say it wouldn't make sense. I'll read the guide again tonight to see if I missed something

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    It probably does if you've had a plan since 1923. Otherwise if you're a 2008 guy I'd say it wouldn't make sense. I'll read the guide again tonight to see if I missed something
    Thanks - I just got my mail - no relo guide. Is it coming USPS, Fedex or something else.

I have a C plan (was D until 2 years ago) since 1/97. All I want is a Sat. plan in the Grandstand somewhere. So, if based on my seniority, etc. they put me in the bleachers or in the last section of the grandstand, how does entering the pool (which would not include seats that are now taken by people who have accepted) give me better seats?? Are the assignment rules different in the pool than in the original assignment?

I was thinking of buying an 11 game pack... I'm guessing they wont be on sale until early 2009?

Quote Originally Posted by BillNY08 View Post
    I was thinking of buying an 11 game pack... I'm guessing they wont be on sale until early 2009?
    I would think that they would not offer new plans until the square away the relocation.

Waiting for the Monday mail . . . I still have not received the relo package. . .

1) Anyone else not received theirs?

2) For those who have received it . . . how did it come? USPS? Fedex?

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyL View Post
    Waiting for the Monday mail . . . I still have not received the relo package. . .

1) Anyone else not received theirs?

2) For those who have received it . . . how did it come? USPS? Fedex?
    USPS regular post, white envelope with your name/address printed on top. Just one book inside with a letter slipped in inside the front cover and a DVD inside the back cover

I got mine on Friday. Regular mail.

Also, question - if I am a Sunday plan, should I only stick with the 15 game sunday plan? I really want the 20 game plan, but it sounds like if I try to select the bigger plan I will be put into a waiting pool that I may not get out of.

By the way, the brochure refers to a deposit invoice being mailed out on the partial plans... Does this mean we should hear from the Yanks on the relocation sooner than later?

Page 4 of 813 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast