Page 4 of 643 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 16058

Thread: Yankee Stadium [II]

  1. #76
    I was thinking of buying an 11 game pack... I'm guessing they wont be on sale until early 2009?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Saturdays at NYS - Section 420B
    Posts
    2,064
    Quote Originally Posted by BillNY08 View Post
    I was thinking of buying an 11 game pack... I'm guessing they wont be on sale until early 2009?
    I would think that they would not offer new plans until the square away the relocation.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Saturdays at NYS - Section 420B
    Posts
    2,064
    Waiting for the Monday mail . . . I still have not received the relo package. . .

    1) Anyone else not received theirs?

    2) For those who have received it . . . how did it come? USPS? Fedex?

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyL View Post
    Waiting for the Monday mail . . . I still have not received the relo package. . .

    1) Anyone else not received theirs?

    2) For those who have received it . . . how did it come? USPS? Fedex?
    USPS regular post, white envelope with your name/address printed on top. Just one book inside with a letter slipped in inside the front cover and a DVD inside the back cover

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    267
    I got mine on Friday. Regular mail.

    Also, question - if I am a Sunday plan, should I only stick with the 15 game sunday plan? I really want the 20 game plan, but it sounds like if I try to select the bigger plan I will be put into a waiting pool that I may not get out of.

    By the way, the brochure refers to a deposit invoice being mailed out on the partial plans... Does this mean we should hear from the Yanks on the relocation sooner than later?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Saturdays at NYS - Section 420B
    Posts
    2,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
    I got mine on Friday. Regular mail.

    Also, question - if I am a Sunday plan, should I only stick with the 15 game sunday plan? I really want the 20 game plan, but it sounds like if I try to select the bigger plan I will be put into a waiting pool that I may not get out of.

    By the way, the brochure refers to a deposit invoice being mailed out on the partial plans... Does this mean we should hear from the Yanks on the relocation sooner than later?
    I just hope that they don't send a deposit and an invoice for post-season tickets . . .

    . . . just got my Monday mail . . . no relo package.
    Last edited by SparkyL; 09-08-2008 at 11:09 AM.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyL View Post
    I just hope that they don't send a deposit and an invoice for post-season tickets . . .

    . . . just got my Monday mail . . . no relo package.
    In practice you don't need the package, but the people I wonder about are those that don't know about the website and online survey. The deadline is Wednesday, and here we are on Monday. I think the Yankees will have to eat crow and extend the deadline because clearly the fans have not all receieved their relocation package with sufficient time to consider the details.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Saturdays at NYS - Section 420B
    Posts
    2,064
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    In practice you don't need the package, but the people I wonder about are those that don't know about the website and online survey. The deadline is Wednesday, and here we are on Monday. I think the Yankees will have to eat crow and extend the deadline because clearly the fans have not all receieved their relocation package with sufficient time to consider the details.
    Agreed . . really, all I want is the DVD

  9. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
    I got mine on Friday. Regular mail.

    Also, question - if I am a Sunday plan, should I only stick with the 15 game sunday plan? I really want the 20 game plan, but it sounds like if I try to select the bigger plan I will be put into a waiting pool that I may not get out of.

    By the way, the brochure refers to a deposit invoice being mailed out on the partial plans... Does this mean we should hear from the Yanks on the relocation sooner than later?
    Indicate your preference - you do not go into a pool until you decline the original seat offer - so it cannot hurt your chances. At their discretion, they can use your survey reponse for your initial seat assignment . Once you decline your initial seat assigmnet, they will then place you in the pool that you requested.

    The survey has this wording "Any information provided below may be relied upon by the Yankees, if it so chooses, in its sole and absolute discretion, in connection with the assignment of seat locations in the new Yankee Stadium." that you agree to by checking the box. The key words are "Any information " in the survey.


    Bascially if your response helps the Yankees somehow , i.e. , more money , facilitating the relocation process , inventory levels, etc., they might try to fill it. If it doesn't help them, you will just get the seats that you would have rec'd anyway. Then you can accept those tickets or decline them and then go into the 20 game pool. Once you go onto a pool, seniority is KEY - this is high risk unless you have at least 7-10 years and even then I'm not sure.

    I say your chances are good it might be honor since I expect a large number of people going ( or trying to go) to the 41 game plan and the inventory of the 20 game plans are tied to number of the 41 game plans. The 41 game plan has the opening day game which is the hot ticket for next year and only the 41 game plan and full season will have the opening day game. Secondly ,the Sunday plan was always a very popular plan and they may not mind seeing people move from the Sunday plan. And 3rd, they get more revenues with the 20 game plan.

    I'm expecting some payment will be due by early October or sooner.

    Good luck!
    Last edited by mm7; 09-08-2008 at 07:31 PM.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    744
    The DVD spends 10 minutes highlighting what I want to know about, and 16 describing luxury boxes and suites.

    Guys, they still refer to this "Grill Room". Is this the Hard Rock? Or will there be a Hard Rock, Steakhouse, and Grill Room? Plus Membership Restaurant, and Sports bar/cafe.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Saturdays at NYS - Section 420B
    Posts
    2,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-E View Post
    The DVD spends 10 minutes highlighting what I want to know about, and 16 describing luxury boxes and suites.

    Guys, they still refer to this "Grill Room". Is this the Hard Rock? Or will there be a Hard Rock, Steakhouse, and Grill Room? Plus Membership Restaurant, and Sports bar/cafe.
    I think that the Grill Room became the HRC and the Steakhouse became the NYYankee Steakhouse.

    Did they give any indication on who will be eligable for the Membership Restaurant and what it will cost?

    There is also a large restaurant (on the blueprints) just to the left of Gate 4 - no view of the field . . .

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyL View Post
    I think that the Grill Room became the HRC and the Steakhouse became the NYYankee Steakhouse.

    Did they give any indication on who will be eligable for the Membership Restaurant and what it will cost?

    There is also a large restaurant (on the blueprints) just to the left of Gate 4 - no view of the field . . .
    You sure about that Gate 4 restaurant?

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    744
    Ugh, I'm going to be upgrading to the full season plan. My holding of the tickets for 25 years should guarantee me infield-main level seats and hey, I'm going to make a lot of dough on Ebay off these tickets. 100$ each, 8,000$ investment. Try it for one year, I'll see if its worth it.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,278
    ^ More like 16K for 2 seats, hope you have a big limit on your credit card. If I put that on my AAdvantage Mastercard I 'd get a free flight using Citi's reduced mileage promos at 15,000 miles required.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    744
    Nah, it's 2 seats, but we're getting the Main Level inside the infield which is suprisingly only 100$ a ticket. So 8,000$, 4,000 between me and my brother. Seems reasonable man.

  16. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-E View Post
    Nah, it's 2 seats, but we're getting the Main Level inside the infield which is suprisingly only 100$ a ticket. So 8,000$, 4,000 between me and my brother. Seems reasonable man.
    ?? There's 81 games - for two seats@100 ea/game , that's 16K or are you going with 41 game plan?

  17. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    ^ More like 16K for 2 seats, hope you have a big limit on your credit card. If I put that on my AAdvantage Mastercard I 'd get a free flight using Citi's reduced mileage promos at 15,000 miles required.
    lol yep , I called last night to bump it up - just to get ready/

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    744
    Oh duh. Sorry. Not thinking! Damn.

    Oh well. I'm content with laying down eight grand. I'll ust take it out of the "This is The Last Stash You Have Once ITS GONE YOU ARE Fed!" account.

  19. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-E View Post
    I'm going to make a lot of dough on Ebay off these tickets.
    What do we think the resale market/stub hub/ebay is going to be next year. There will definitely be demand, but at what price. This $100 seat is a GREAT seat, but how much do you really think it'll go for on say a Wed night vs.KC?

    I think the yankees have done a good job at pricing out the middle man also. I really think the most profitable investment for resale, may be the $25 seats.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,278

    I called it

    "As a reminder, we are asking all Ticket Licensees to complete a Relocation Program Questionnaire, which can only be found at www.yankees.com/survey. To assist you in this process, the deadline for submission of the Relocation Program Questionnaire has been extended from September 10, 2008 to September 14, 2008. If you have already submitted your Questionnaire online, please disregard this reminder..."

    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/b...tion_guide.jsp

  21. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderico View Post
    What do we think the resale market/stub hub/ebay is going to be next year. There will definitely be demand, but at what price. This $100 seat is a GREAT seat, but how much do you really think it'll go for on say a Wed night vs.KC?

    I think the yankees have done a good job at pricing out the middle man also. I really think the most profitable investment for resale, may be the $25 seats.
    That's what our thinking in Mets land is as well... The $25 seats in Citi Field's Promenade Reserve Infield will likely be the solid ticket for resales...

  22. #97
    Concerning resale value, I went back and forth trying to decide whether the $100 Main seat would sell better then the $75 lower level seat. In my experience selling extras on Stubhub, the out of town tourist would rather pay to be in the lower level near the field even if it is out by the foul pole. In the end, however, I chose the $100 Main as my preference as I think the fact that the Main level extends closer to the field then the current Loge will make it a more popular ticket. In addition, it is the seat I would rather be in to see the game. Of course, your exact row number will probably play an important role in how "good" the seat is percieved to be.

    I suspect that next year will not be a problem with resale as the cold April and May games will have extra interest due to the new stadium. the question becomes whether you can get $100 per ticket for the early games 2 years from now when the novelty wears off. Dont forget, all the folks stuck with the $325 tickets below you may be trying to get something for thier tickets and may only be able to command $100 to $150 for the early games, making the $100 tickets worth less.....just my $0.02

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,278
    Price Chart on One Page:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Saturdays at NYS - Section 420B
    Posts
    2,064
    The package finally arrived.

    The booklet was ok but it would have been nice to have new renderings but oh well.

    The computer animation on the DVD was really good but we all "get" what's it's like to be at a Yankees game [duh] and don't need to be constantly reminded by Reggie, B Crystal, Yogi with the inserted video clips.

    I lost track of how many times words such as "just like" were used - when the final product is "sort of like."

    And finally, if it wasn't clear before, this place is all about people (or companies) who can cough up the big bucks. And if the even can spell baseball is immaterial.

    One thing that I think does stink is every place you can place your butt requires a paid ticket - even the couple of rows in front of the Sport Bar and the Food Court. One would have thought that these seats would be available for fans to go grab something to eat and sit there for a few and then head back to their regular seats. In my one visit to Turner Field, a great feature was their CF resturaunt/food court, in which you would grab something at the counter and then sit at tables over looking the field. Open to all fans.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
    I got mine on Friday. Regular mail.

    Also, question - if I am a Sunday plan, should I only stick with the 15 game sunday plan? I really want the 20 game plan, but it sounds like if I try to select the bigger plan I will be put into a waiting pool that I may not get out of.

    By the way, the brochure refers to a deposit invoice being mailed out on the partial plans... Does this mean we should hear from the Yanks on the relocation sooner than later?
    Looking for a Sunday plan 15 or 20 games. Main or terrace.

Page 4 of 643 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •