Page 17 of 811 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankee Stadium [II]

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Supposedly the 41-game assignments are starting this upcoming week

I feel bad for the partial season ticket holders....
    It seems not much will be available for them to pick from.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonyankee View Post
    . The majority of the 54K plus seats in stadium are being sold are reasonable prices for the average fan.

Personally I can't wait until opening day to enjoy the benefits of a beautiful New Yankee Stadium!
    By 54,000+ you mean of course 52,300 seats.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman23 View Post
    I feel bad for the partial season ticket holders....
    It seems not much will be available for them to pick from.
    It really stinks, I was banking on getting 2-15 game packages, sat and sun...doesn't look promising

Quote Originally Posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
    It really stinks, I was banking on getting 2-15 game packages, sat and sun...doesn't look promising

I don't think you'll have a problem getting your two 15 game packages.
    It's just the location might be a problem...

Instead of two 15 games plans, would you consider purchasing one 41 game plan?
    It might help your seat location, and you'll be purchasing only 11 more games.
    Just a thought...

If you have never had season tickets and are willing to purchase 5 41 game tickets is that even possible. Or is there a 50000000 person waiting line.

One thing is for sure. They knew the seat configurations quite a while ago and could have started this process much earlier than they did. They could be done with this process already.

BTW - for those with Mets tickets as well . . did they try to push Full ST (including upgrades) as much as the Yankees seem to be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by argenys View Post
    If you have never had season tickets and are willing to purchase 5 41 game tickets is that even possible. Or is there a 50000000 person waiting line.
    If you're an existing licensee, my guess is you can get as many 41-game seats as you want when your turn comes up in the 41-game relocation pool (in order of seniority)
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 01-24-2009 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyL View Post

BTW - for those with Mets tickets as well . . did they try to push Full ST (including upgrades) as much as the Yankees seem to be doing?

Not really...

I was able to get a Mets Saturday plan in section 517, on the computer, at 10:01am, on December 12, 2008. It seemed like it was first come first serve, through the internet only.

For my full season Yankee tickets, they called me on December 16th, and I chose between certain locations.

So the teams did things a little differently.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman23 View Post
    I don't think you'll have a problem getting your two 15 game packages.
    It's just the location might be a problem...

Instead of two 15 games plans, would you consider purchasing one 41 game plan?
    It might help your seat location, and you'll be purchasing only 11 more games.
    Just a thought...
    I was thinking about it, but for the most part, its really difficult for me to make the weekday games because of work (when I do, I have make up an excuse to leave work at 3-4pm so I can beat the traffic and make batting practice) and the 41 game plan only has 14 sat/sun games compared to 26 in the two 15 game packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
    I was thinking about it, but for the most part, its really difficult for me to make the weekday games because of work (when I do, I have make up an excuse to leave work at 3-4pm so I can beat the traffic and make batting practice) and the 41 game plan only has 14 sat/sun games compared to 26 in the two 15 game packages.

I hear ya....

It's all about priorities...
    Mine was seat location, and guaranteed playoff tickets, in the same seats...

If you're into the weekend games, and the weekday games are a hassle with work, then you're better off buying the two weekend plans..

If you're an existing licensee, my guess is you can get as many 41-game seats as you want when your turn comes up in the 41-game relocation pool (in order of seniority)
    But what if I never had a license... Does that mean there is no way of me getting them?

Quote Originally Posted by argenys View Post
    But what if I never had a license... Does that mean there is no way of me getting them?
    Nobody knows yet what will be left for new business. I'd guess the pickings will be slim but who knows

interesting article i just found
    http://www.northjersey.com/columnist...tml?c=y&page=1

part of the article

The Mets actually believe they’re in a safer haven than the Yankees, since they target season ticket holders over corporate accounts. The Bombers, by contrast, “are counting on Wall Street and the guy on a big expensive account” to generate revenue, said one marketing expert.

While the Yankees point out that every non-premium seat in the house is sold out for 2009, they’re still looking for the payout from the more expensive real estate.

Seats that range from 350-$2,500 a game are now being marketed by Prudential Douglas Elliman, a prominent residential real estate brokerage. In a story that was recently reported by the New York Times, the Yankees’ decision to rely on a third -party
    was borne out of simple math: Seven luxury boxes out of 59 remain unsold. And of the original 4,000 premium seats, some 1,000 are still available.

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post
    interesting article i just found
    http://www.northjersey.com/columnist...tml?c=y&page=1

part of the article

The Mets actually believe they’re in a safer haven than the Yankees, since they target season ticket holders over corporate accounts. The Bombers, by contrast, “are counting on Wall Street and the guy on a big expensive account” to generate revenue, said one marketing expert.

While the Yankees point out that every non-premium seat in the house is sold out for 2009, they’re still looking for the payout from the more expensive real estate.

Seats that range from 350-$2,500 a game are now being marketed by Prudential Douglas Elliman, a prominent residential real estate brokerage. In a story that was recently reported by the New York Times, the Yankees’ decision to rely on a third -party
    was borne out of simple math: Seven luxury boxes out of 59 remain unsold. And of the original 4,000 premium seats, some 1,000 are still available.
    Sold out? They haven't even relocated the 15-game planners yet. Those have to be projections

Sold out? They haven't even relocated the 15-game planners yet. Those have to be projections
    i dont know gordon but there is no fuji packs.
    The yanks are being very hush hush about ticket plans for the public

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post
    i dont know gordon but there is no fuji packs.
    The yanks are being very hush hush about ticket plans for the public
    Probably because the fan who used to show up on game day and bought $27 tickets for his family in the wings of the upper deck are now going to be offered Main or Field level leftovers starting at $75 and going up from there . .

I am a D Planner who requested an upgrade to a 41-gamer. I called a rep on Friday. I inquired about full seasons, since we are waiting for the 41-game process to start. Anyway, the rep had plenty of full season tix to offer me in the Field, Main and Terrace levels, in the 3 cheapest price levels on each of those levels. He had no full seasons to offer in the bleachers or grandstand. He wouldn't and couldn't tell me what would be available when the 41-game relocation starts, which he said will be very, very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by championyankees View Post
    I am a D Planner who requested an upgrade to a 41-gamer. I called a rep on Friday. I inquired about full seasons, since we are waiting for the 41-game process to start. Anyway, the rep had plenty of full season tix to offer me in the Field, Main and Terrace levels, in the 3 cheapest price levels on each of those levels. He had no full seasons to offer in the bleachers or grandstand. He wouldn't and couldn't tell me what would be available when the 41-game relocation starts, which he said will be very, very soon.
    Well I spoke to a rep on Tuesday and he said the 41-game assignments should begin at the "end of this week". I guess something came up again

Well I spoke to a rep on Tuesday and he said the 41-game assignments should begin at the "end of this week". I guess something came up again
    The guy who sat next to me in our 46 game B plans, said that they told him they would notify him next week for his new 41 game plan relocation...

Thank God I upgraded to a full season!

Are they going to call each 41 game plan holder? I thought it was going to be a computer generated seat assignment where you would have to decline the initial assignment and enter the 41 game pool if you didn't like what they gave you. This is gonna take forever if they're gonna hand pick each seat for 41/20/20.

Page 17 of 811 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117517 ... LastLast