Page 63 of 642 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163563 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 16048

Thread: Yankee Stadium [II]

Quote Originally Posted by RationalNYYfan View Post
    Who do you guys think will throw out the ceremonial first pitch on Opening Day? I thought it would be a nice gesture if Joe Torre threw the first pitch, but ever since he came out with that book I've felt otherwise...

...maybe Yogi? Mattingly?
    That would be so awkward if torre did it considering he's managing the dodgers right now

Definitely too awkward now that he left a bad taste in the mouth of Yankee fans. But if he didn't publish that book, I think it would be a nice way for the Yankees and Joe Torre to each show New York that no bridges were burned (even though that's probably not the case).

Who do you guys think will throw out the ceremonial first pitch on Opening Day? I thought it would be a nice gesture if Joe Torre threw the first pitch, but ever since he came out with that book I've felt otherwise...

Unless they can raise the Babe, Mickey or Joe D from the dead, it HAS to be Yogi.

The only acceptable substitute would be Whitey pitching and Yogi catching.

what about Steinbrenner

I can't get enough of those Great Hall pictures, it looks so majestic! Keep 'em coming!
    Here ya go
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TinoM24 View Post
    what about Steinbrenner
    George.. hrmmm
    Attached Images Attached Images

On April 16 The Great Author and his bench coach Mattingly will be in Los Angeles earning a living with their employer, the Dodgers.

And Tino, George is in a wheelchair and barely cognizant of his surroundings. His closely guarded Opening Day visit to the New Stadium will be his only one this year, and I wouldn't be surprised that it will be his only one ever.

It will be Whitey and Yogi, either both throwing to current Yankees or one to the other. Couldn't be otherwise.

What about George Costanza? He did work for the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by CFmets09 View Post
    I can't believe you said great and wallace matthews in the same sentence. He might be the most miserable human being on the face of the earth.
    Miserable people (assuming that he is) still can say valid things. Wallace is a Yankee hater. If being miserable gets in the way of his writing, why wasn't he so harsh on the finished product at NYS as well, the actual stadium itself (though he did criticize the financial end of it)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    Tells you something about the poster.....
    Awww...Matthews hit a sore spot and in an article that Yankee fans could read as well. Poor, sensitive Ralfie. Later, troll!

I had a chance to sit in the Legends Suites for yesterday's game, and I got to say it's probably one of the best $200 I spent- it is absolutely INCREDIBLE what they give you!

You walk in, and you can choose to sit in the upstairs or downstairs lounge where there are multiple buffet tables with really high end food, meats, seafood, veggies, brunch, free non-alcoholic drinks and a wine list..

Then you go to your seats and there is waiter service with more free food and drink, some high end, some classic ballpark food... all incredible.. and the dugout lounges are great!

Honestly, it may actually be worth the $500 for the cheaper sections. $2,600 is still insane though =)

Where you check in (the first thing you see when you walk in)

The Menu:

Quote Originally Posted by YanksRule View Post
    Where you check in (the first thing you see when you walk in)

WOW. Sweet.......AND elegant. Something you can't say about many ballpark offerings that attempt to look high end, but end up looking tacky.

Thanks to everyone that took pics over the last few days. This place seems spectacular. I was blown away by Citi Field yesterday and I heard that the NYS is even more impressive. It's going to feel like months between now and April 21st. I can't wait to see this new place!

Dugout Lounge with MORE free food and drinks:

Sushi, Lobster Rolls, Gyros, Wraps.. all free:

The other side lounge looks the same.

Free waiter service food and non-alcoholic drinks:

The wall is already cracking lol:

The bathroom mirrors don't actually show the game, it's whatever the scoreboard shows:

if you didn't see the game, the sound system died during the game

After the game, there was live music.

And the ceiling was leaking

This by Gate 4, if you listen closely, you can hear Gehrig's speech.

3 videos I took:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2050367...7616296668381/

Here are the rest of the photos.. I didn't post a lot of the closeups since they are more about the actual game than the stadium so don't belong here.. I got a lot of really nice action shots, esp near the end.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2050367...668381/detail/

The scoreboard is great, but one thing I'd like too see them add is a spot for the pitchers. After a while, I didn't know who was pitching for the Cubs anymore because they didn't post the pitcher's name anywhere. Scoreboard or ribbon board. The only thing I saw was pitch count and M.P.H. on the jumbo screen.

Also, I had a hard time understanding Paul Oden. His voice isn't clear like Bob Sheppard's or Jim Hall's.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksRule View Post
    3 videos I took:

Here are the rest of the photos.. I didn't post a lot of the closeups since they are more about the actual game than the stadium so don't belong here.. I got a lot of really nice action shots, esp near the end.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2050367...668381/detail/

Noooooooooooooooo! Your third video has "Silent Eye Joey" on the video board.... I guess that means Cotton Eye Joey is back but couldnt do his thing because of the sound system being down. I am really not happy about this clown still being around

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypants View Post
    I got an idea--they could paint it with a mural of the outfield on the other side of the restaurant, which you can't see from those seats.
    Nice idea

Wow the ceiling was leaking? They really need to fix a few things huh?

I'm glad to hear theyre adding more tv's to the sides of the bleacher restaurant....3 on each side simply isnt enough. They needed atleast 2 more on each side, the people in the back against the restaurant wall of the bleachers simply cannot see them the way it is now.

Page 63 of 642 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163563 ... LastLast