X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Laser Beam
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by The House That Ruth Built View Post
    In the offseason, crews have plenty of time to convert NYS back to a baseball facility before Opening Day
    And the particularly brutal winter that is hitting New York right about now? That's not going to be a problem? This thing could last awhile, you know.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

• dabigyankeeman
      THE EVIL EMPIRE CALLS YOU
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by AJbaseball00024 View Post
      Not a college football fan, but it is so cool seeing college football at Yankee Stadium.
      Same here, first college game i watched on tv in years. Didnt the piles of snow on the sidelines look great!!!!! Glad Syracuse won too, good to see a New York team in Yankee Stadium.
      I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Comment

• shaneslatts
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
        ^ LIke I said, 'Yankee Stadium' is as much a concept as a physical location. Regardless of the actual building & location used, YS is YS.
        Then it wouldnt matter if Yankee Stadium was in New Jersey?
        Yankee Stadium was / is a BUILDING in the Bronx.
        That is reality.

Comment

• quagmire
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
          And the particularly brutal winter that is hitting New York right about now? That's not going to be a problem? This thing could last awhile, you know.
          The old stadium didn't have much a problem going between football and baseball.

Comment

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by quagmire View Post
            The old stadium didn't have much a problem going between football and baseball.
            That's because OYS wasn't a high school field.
            RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• VAPYankees4
              • Oct 2008

I thought this was stadium related. This is what the trophy looked like from the Pinstripe bowl

Comment

• DN4L
                27, and nobody has more..
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by VAPYankees4 View Post
                I thought this was stadium related. This is what the trophy looked like from the Pinstripe bowl

Nice trophy, isn't it?

"We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• DN4L
                  • Dec 2009

Pinstripe Bowl Part 1..

Here are a few that I took tonight from the Pinstripe Bowl @ NYS..
                  Enjoy, BBF...

"We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• DN4L
                    • Dec 2009

Pinstripe Bowl Part 2..

Comment

• DN4L
                      • Dec 2009

Pinstripe Bowl Part 3.. (The Yankees Museum)

I just happened to take a quick peek inside, just to see if there were any additions or changes..
                      I didn't think there were any, until I went to the other side of the great wall of signatures..
                      You can look to the outside now from the museum itself.

Comment

• DN4L
                        • Dec 2009

Pinstripe Bowl Part 4..

Even though I had great seats to this game, in section 314, row 1, seats 1 through 6...
                        I couldn't resist watching a little action of this football game, from my Yankees season ticket seats, in section 420..
                        God, I love this place!!!

Comment

• DN4L
                          • Dec 2009

Pinstripe Bowl Part 5..

A few more from section 420..

Comment

• DN4L
                            • Dec 2009

Pinstripe Bowl Part 6..

Post game...
                            At least I got my temporary fill, before Opening Day, on March 31st..
                            I think I'll need to do this every winter...

Comment

• Anubis2051
                              Bleeds Pinstripes
                              • Jul 2008

So since they modified the museum, did that have any impact on how the building looks from the outside? or were those windows already there, just tinted or covered up?

Comment

• Rob R
                                Enter Sandman
                                • Jan 2008

GREAT photos, DN4L! You have, by far, the best eye of any photographer on this forum. You're like an artist, with your angles, background, foreground, etc., and I mean that sincerely. NYS looks great, but your photos give it that extra oomph.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X